Generic battery for Canon SD400?

AcornMan

Dec 28, 2005, 11:33:22 PM12/28/05
The price for a new Canon NB-4L battery is absurd, so I'm looking at
some off-brand batteries instead. The prices on ebay are very low
(often less than $10 including shipping). Are these generics any good?

secret squiddle

Dec 29, 2005, 6:09:34 AM12/29/05

"AcornMan" <acornREMO...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

The price for a new Canon NB-4L battery is absurd, so I'm looking at
some off-brand batteries instead. The prices on ebay are very low
(often less than $10 including shipping). Are these generics any good?

Canon issued a warning about fake batteries some time ago, and stated that
the use of non official batteries would void any warranty. So don't be
fooled into buying what appears to be a very cheap 'official Canon' battery.

Of course Canon could have just been trying to scare people into buying
their batteries.

I'd be wary of buying something like this from EBay, as you will have no
come back on the seller if it should damage your camera.

**SS**

Bill Funk

Dec 29, 2005, 7:26:31 AM12/29/05
On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:09:34 -0000, "secret squiddle" <S...@M.COM>
wrote:

>"AcornMan" <acornREMO...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>The price for a new Canon NB-4L battery is absurd, so I'm looking at
>some off-brand batteries instead. The prices on ebay are very low
>(often less than $10 including shipping). Are these generics any good?
>
>Canon issued a warning about fake batteries some time ago, and stated that
>the use of non official batteries would void any warranty. So don't be
>fooled into buying what appears to be a very cheap 'official Canon' battery.

Magnussen-Moss says different, in the US.

>Of course Canon could have just been trying to scare people into buying
>their batteries.

Ya think? :-)

>I'd be wary of buying something like this from EBay, as you will have no
>come back on the seller if it should damage your camera.

There are so many other places to buy third-party batteries, using
Ebay for this seems to be not worth any small savings.

--
Bill Funk
Replace "g" with "a"

Me

Dec 29, 2005, 9:07:59 AM12/29/05
I got the S400 battery here:
http://www.sterlingtek.com/sterlingtek/
They were fast and cheap! It is even a longer lasting battery than the
original. No problems either.
The NB-1L 1400mAh Battery Pack for the s400 is just $9