Nikon D200 for 700 Euros....too good to be true?

Jack

May 3, 2007, 9:57:12 AM5/3/07
Anyone ever heard of this web site?

http://euden.co.uk/items.php?id=13321369

They are advertising Nikon and Canon cameras at what can only be (at least
to me) impossible prices. Anyone ever heard of them? I checked
www.resellerratings.com but this company (Euden) does not appear there.
Seems too good to be true.... <sigh>

Jack

bob

May 3, 2007, 10:33:43 AM5/3/07
I will check them out
I will only part with cash with the item in my hands.. I'll ask them if i
can pick one up

"Jack" <ja...@ibm.net> wrote in message

Jack

May 3, 2007, 10:37:28 AM5/3/07
bob <nos...@hotmail.com> wrote:
: I will check them out

: I will only part with cash with the item in my hands.. I'll
: ask them if i can pick one up

Er, are you joking? Do you live in the UK or something? Just wondering.
:-)

J.

bob

May 3, 2007, 10:43:45 AM5/3/07
They seem un avaiable all the time I tried calling them !! The phone sounded
as if it diverted.

I will go this weekend and and knock on the door I bet they wont be there

bob

May 3, 2007, 10:50:35 AM5/3/07
Yes I do live in the UK the place is about 30 mins via train but not on a
main road in a side street .. t

"Jack" <ja...@ibm.net> wrote in message

Grumps

May 3, 2007, 11:19:26 AM5/3/07
"bob" <nos...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Don't they just ship from the far east direct to you, the customer? You'll
likely be liable for import duty and VAT.

Chris Gilbert

May 3, 2007, 11:27:56 AM5/3/07
Jack wrote

> http://euden.co.uk/items.php?id=13321369

Curious. They list the 10D for more than the 20D.

Chris

Mike Civil

May 3, 2007, 11:48:26 AM5/3/07
In article <0cn_h.5338$%9.2...@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net>,

Chris Gilbert <christopher....@virgin.net> wrote:
>Curious. They list the 10D for more than the 20D.

They're acting like a clearing house for multiple suppliers so the 10D
and 20D could be coming from different sources and priced accordingly.

Mike

Mike Civil

May 3, 2007, 11:46:39 AM5/3/07
In article <59u823F...@mid.individual.net>, Jack <ja...@ibm.net> wrote:
>Anyone ever heard of this web site?
>
>http://euden.co.uk/items.php?id=13321369

Well, reading their website it looks like they're acting as an
intermediary for suppliers in other countries (eg Hong Kong etc). They're
not hiding this - they actually state it. So watch out for things like UK
specific models, UK warrantees, import taxes/VAT payable on delivery, etc.

Some of the items look like stock clearance (old models) or bankrupt
stock etc.

So you /could/ pick up a bargain as long as you know exactly what you are
doing/getting - caveat emptor.

Mike

jonathan...@nospam.gmail.com

May 3, 2007, 6:21:05 PM5/3/07
"Jack" <ja...@ibm.net> wrote in message

Classic Chinese scam site.

Read http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~gisle/blog/?p=62, or google
"http://www.mobiteh.co.uk"

Now check out www.instrum.co.uk, http://www.inteh.co.uk,
http://www.pactelect.co.uk/, http://www.digitaldale.co.uk,
http://www.xdigi.co.uk, http://www.wxComputers.com, etc etc.

* Identical blurb on all sites
* The "Reviews" and ratings are ripped directly from pricegrabber.com.
* The webcams are from http://www.expansys.com/cam.aspx.
* The site design has been ripped from http://www.tigerdirect.com.
* No validation on checkout page
* Only available payment method is Western Union (UK CC options always
disabled)

More background on http://www.fairtradeauthority.com/key_digital_scam.php.

Hope this helps.

jon

Jack

May 4, 2007, 9:17:21 AM5/4/07
jonathan...@nospam.gmail.com wrote:
: "Jack" <ja...@ibm.net> wrote in message
<snip>

: Classic Chinese scam site.

:
[...]

Man, thanks heaps for that info! Amazing...truly amazing!!

J.

Gisle Hannemyr

May 4, 2007, 1:43:41 PM5/4/07
"Jack" <ja...@ibm.net> writes:

> Anyone ever heard of this web site?
> http://euden.co.uk/items.php?id=13321369

Sure - I've known them since 2004.

They're the scam artists forerly known as DexDigital.co.uk,
MobiTeh.co.uk, EastElectronics.co.uk, Gonex.co.uk, AnviDirect.co.uk,
cxMusic.co.uk, wMusic.co.uk, DJOnLineStore.co.uk, Aigars.co.uk,
OrvisInc.co.uk, StarkDigital.co.uk, DrumTeh.co.uk, Nexton.co.uk,
wxComputers.com, Xdigi.co.uk, DigitalSys.co.uk, Inteh.co.uk,
PactElect.co.uk, PCDale.co.uk, DigitalDale.co.uk, wLogic.co.uk,
CarsAudio.co.uk, WizMusic.co.uk, and Instrum.co.uk (puh!).

And they will be here tomorrow, under yet another name, because
the Rumenian police shows absolutely no interest in shutting
them down.

> They are advertising Nikon and Canon cameras at what can only be (at
> least to me) impossible prices.

Oh, they have no problem whatsoever making a huge profit at those
prices. It not very hard when you make a 100% profit on every deal.

Check them out here:
http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~gisle/blog/wordpress/index.php?s=euden
Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

jonathan...@nospam.gmail.com

May 4, 2007, 2:12:58 PM5/4/07
"Gisle Hannemyr" <gisle...@ifi.uio.no> wrote in message

> No. Classic Romanian scam site, Note the slick design.

I stand corrected.

jonathan...@nospam.gmail.com

May 4, 2007, 2:25:49 PM5/4/07

> jonathan...@nospam.gmail.com wrote:
>
> Man, thanks heaps for that info! Amazing...truly amazing!!

No worries mate - the general rule seems to be - if it's too good to be true
it usually is...