Photo Editor Won't Open Kodak DC210 jpg's

Me

Mar 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/14/99
Microsoft Photo Editor won't open the jpg files from my new Kodak DC210+
camera.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks in advance.

Koert

Ian Linacre

Mar 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/14/99

Sorry Koert but 100% wrong. I have recently purchased a 210 Plus and
the pics WILL load (640 and 1152 res).

Perhaps a faulty camera? Do they load into other packages?
Ian

ia...@mcr.u-net.com

Jon M8x

Mar 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/14/99
>Microsoft Photo Editor won't open the jpg files from my new Kodak DC210+
>camera.

Are you certain you used jpg? I believe the DC210 default is fpx format which
only certain applications can handle.

Me

Mar 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/14/99
Jon & Ian,

Thanks for confirming that Photo Editor should work. As a test, I installed
Photo Editor on a "clean" computer and it worked fine.

On the "problem" computer, Photo Editor would open any file except Kodak
jpg's. But, ACDSee opened the Kodak jpg's, as did Thumbsplus, so I knew the
files were okay.

Suspecting that there was a graphics filters propblem, I uninstalled all of
the Office 97 graphics filters. No luck, same problem. Reinstalled the
filters, no go. Reinstalled Photo Editor, again with no luck.

Then, I deleted all of the *.flt files from the grphlt folder and
reinstalled the Office 97 graphics filters. Photo Editor now reads the Kodak
jpg's!

I guess another program replaced the jpg filter with one that didn't like
Photo Editor and/or Kodak's jpg format.

Anybody else have this kind of experience?

Thanks again for the help.

Koert

Me wrote in message ...

>Microsoft Photo Editor won't open the jpg files from my new Kodak DC210+
>camera.

Shaun Calleja

Mar 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/15/99
Hey,

Does Anyone know where I can get my hands on some drivers, or software for
the dc260. I'm caught without them right now, and in need. Any suggestions
or input would be awesome

Thanks

Shaun

Graham

Mar 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/21/99

Me wrote in message ...
>Jon & Ian,
>
>Thanks for confirming that Photo Editor should work. As a test, I
installed
>Photo Editor on a "clean" computer and it worked fine.
>
>On the "problem" computer, Photo Editor would open any file except
Kodak
>jpg's. But, ACDSee opened the Kodak jpg's, as did Thumbsplus, so I knew
the
>files were okay.

Just as an addendum - be aware that ACDSee seems to be able
to open a graphics file even when it has the WRONG extension !

Although it is a relatively simple task to add that sort of
functionality
to a program, it can deceive you as to the general 'goodness' of
a particular file.

HTH
--

Graham W. - WIMBORNE Dorset UK