High contrast paper developer

1 view

filmr...@my-deja.com

Jan 2, 2001, 9:57:16 PM1/2/01
Does any one out there have a formula for a extremly high contrast paper
developer. I have tried all of the high con formulas in the darkroom
cookbook and some others from vintage photographic formulary books but
none give me more contrast than Kodak Polymax RT 3 to 1 in fact most are
significantly lower. Now I am going to ask for the world because I also
would like to have a formula for a replenisher along with replenishment
rates for this developer.

Greg Miller
Film Rescue International

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

PHOTO-TECH

Jan 3, 2001, 12:08:26 AM1/3/01
You are certainly asking for the moon aren't you ? High
contrast developers are synonymous with very high activity levels.
Almost impossible to devise a good replenisher for something like this
particularly as bromide build up will become an issue very quickly.

Anyway, here's my suggestion.

Water 750ml
Sulfite 50g
Phenidone 0.25g
Hydroquinone 15g
Benzotriazole (1%) 10cc
Water to make 1.0L

Water 750ml
Sod.Hydroxide 10g
Sod.Carbonate 10g
Water to make 1.0L

Add the hydroxide _slowly_ to _COOL_ water. The addition of
carbonate should neutralize bromide to some extent and add some
buffering to the mix.

Simply add 1A to 1B and develop your papers. The stock
solution should keep for a year in full glass bottles.

As far as replenishment, I would simply reserve 1.0L of the
working solution in a glass bottle and add it to the fresh mix of
500ml A and 500ml B when I start my next printing session.

Regards,

John S. Douglas
Photographer Web Master Darkroom Wizard
http://www.photographers-darkroom.com

filmr...@my-deja.com

Jan 3, 2001, 9:51:49 AM1/3/01
In article <v7b55tcsshmmn2bde...@4ax.com>,
>Thank you for your suggestion. I am using this solution in a roller
transport processor with auto replenishment. If I were to simply mix
the 19 L required for this machine and not replenish but dump after each
session (a session being one to two thousand 4"x6" and 4"x4" prints in
about a one week period) what kind of fall off could I expect and will
the working solution hold up for a week or can I expect it to oxadize
quickly. I know this is likely uncharted territory and perhaps this can
only be determined by trial and error. Thanks again for your time and
concideration.