sorry to be a nag

morgan4eva

Nov 19, 2005, 3:11:30 PM11/19/05

i am so sorry to keep being a nag but

my dog has got hip dysplaicure. she is very stiff. she has already got
athuritis. i have heard about these collars. do they work. i am so
sorry but i dont know much about them can anybody give more info???
:confused:

--
morgan4eva

dallygirl

Nov 20, 2005, 9:27:30 AM11/20/05
im sorry about your dog, its oul destroying to see them suffer.
do you mean the bio flow collars?
if so they work in the same way as magnets do on our bodies. i know of
only one dog who wears a bio flow and although she is very stiff she still
takes part in training sessions and demonstrations. this year she was at
crufts doing a demo for the kc good citizen scheme.

also give your dog a cod liver oil capsule in her food every day as this
helps no end.

all the best dally girl

AnimalBehaviorForensicSc...@hushmail.com

Nov 22, 2005, 2:22:35 AM11/22/05
HOWEDY morgan4eva,

morgan4eva wrote:
> i am so sorry to keep being a nag but

But noWON has bothered to answer any of your pryor questions
and the only other respondent to this thread is a idiot who had
NUTHIN to tell you other than "GOOD LUCK".

The Amazing Puppy Wizard SEZ "Luck is for SUCKERS."

> my dog has got hip dysplaicure.

Hip dysplasia is much like scurvey. It's CAUSED by
STRESS and POOR DIET. Here's HOWE to rid your
dog of STRESS:

<{#}: ~ } >8< { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > http://www.tinyurl.com/7bl5u < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } >8< { ~ :{@}>

STUDY and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PRECISELY and ASK
The Amazing Puppy Wizard if you need any additional FREE heelp.
Use a text to speech reader to facilitate study. There's a FREE WON
at http://www.UltraHal.Com <{) ; ~ ) >

> she is very stiff. she has already got athuritis.

Yeah, I had EXXXCELLENT results using Glucosamine
and Condroitin with an older dog who suffered an injury.
Took just a few days to see a REMARKABLE improvement
LikeWIZE vitamin C may have an anti inflamatory effect
and could possibly CURE or PREVENT dysplasia which,
similar to SCURVEY, is PRECIPITATED by STRESS and
POOR DIET.

> i have heard about these collars.

LikeWIZE, although I've never used them. I've used accupuncture,
tens, magnets and chiropractic with much success on dogs as well
as myself.

> do they work.

Magnet therapy is P-HOWERFUL STUFF. Their success depends
on their placement and polarity. You should look into it <{) ; ~ ) >

> i am so sorry but i dont know much about them can anybody give more info???

I wish I could tell you more about magnet therapy but I've only
had limited EXXXPERIENCE with them and wouldn't likely have
confidence in a generic "magnet collar".

> :confused:

You should look into it. Here's a veterinarian who
may be able to recommend sumpthin:

Dr. Roger L. DeHaan, DVM, MTS
105 Police Club Drive
Kings Mountain, NC 28086
Tel/Fax 704-734-0061
http://www.aholisticvet.com/main.html

> --
> morgan4eva

Here's some nutritional research info on HD:

http://www.belfield.com/article5.html

Canine Hip Dysplasia (CHD), a crippling disease of the coxofemoral
joint (hip), was first observed and reported in 1945 by the late Dr.
Gary Schnelle. Dr. Schnelle was the staff radiologist at Angels
Memorial Hospital at Boston, Massachusetts and reported his
observations in The North American Veterinarian Journal and termed the
condition "Congenital Coxofemoral Subluxation". Though "congenital", by
definition, means "existing at birth but not hereditary", Schnelle
theorized the cause to be a recessive gene. Today, this condition is
associated with the large breeds of canines, however Schnelle's initial
observations were in the smaller breeds i.e., cocker spaniels,
terriers, etc..

During the 1960's, Dr. Wayne Riser, a veterinary pathologist,
collaborated with a geneticist and postulated the concept that CHD was
"polygenetic with environmental overtones" and during this time frame,
the term "Canine Hip Dysplasia" was born. There has been a string of
professionals who have perpetuated the heredity theory even until the
present. We have been encouraged to breed selectively, alter, and in
some cases, euthanize the afflicted canines. This is what the
veterinary experts have been insisting the dog breeders and fanciers do
to prevent CHD for the past fifty-two years. Is it possible we have
been on the wrong track for more than a half century? One authority, of
a veterinary teaching institution in a personal correspondence to the
author, admitted the "experts" have failed to solve the CHD problem.

In 1976, The author published his observations ("Chronic Subclinical
Scurvy and Canine Hip Dysplasia") in his small animal practice through
the administration of vitamin C to prevent CHD. Whether this concept
has been accepted or not it has sparked controversy, and has some
veterinarians reassessing the archaic heredity theory. There are two
unanswered relevant questions the "experts" have failed to answer to
prove the heredity theory.

1. What is the action of the gene/genes, how do they create the
disease?

2. How does the veterinary practitioner differentiate between a hip
subluxation due to trauma (injury) from true CHD?

Since the mid 1970's, the author has been successful in preventing CHD
through the administration of nutritional supplements to the pregnant
female and within hours of birth to the newborn.

As earlier presented, the first canines observed with CHD were the
smaller breeds; yet today the larger canines are most affected. The
reason for this phenomenon is that the present day dog food is
considerably more nutritious than that being fed in the 1940's, i.e.,
more attention is now being given to nutritional requirements. The
requirements that have been established over the past four decades have
eliminated the CHD problem in the smaller breeds but these requirements
are not adequate for the large and giant breeds. One cannot expect the
nutritional requirements for a Chihuahua be the same for that of a
Great Dane. When these large and giant breeds of canines are adequately
subsidized through nutritional supplementation, the condition is
prevented.

CHD must be more specifically defined. At the present, any abnormality
in the coxofemoral joint is considered hip dysplasia. The first
photograph shows a dog who was diagnosed with unilateral dysplasia. No
consideration was given to the history of this patient. The fact of the
matter is, this subluxation was due to a falling bail of hay impacting
the right pelvic region. Bitches often sit on their new born causing
subluxations which are not manifested for some weeks later when the
pups begin to walk. For this reason the author, in his practice, does
not diagnose or recognize "unilateral" hip dysplasia.

The second photograph is without a doubt CHD. Both hips are subluxated
with accompanying osteoarthritis. The problem of CHD is directly
associated with collagen synthesis. Inadequate collagen synthesis will
adversely affect osteogenesis (development and formation of bone),
chondrogenesis (development and formation of cartilage), and myogenesis
(develop and formation of muscle). These three physiological processes
are dependent on good collagen synthesis which is dependent on good
nutrition.

Research biochemists, during the 90's, have established the involvement
of good nutrition for good collagen synthesis. This supports the
author's concept set forth in 1976 that CHD is nutritionally related
rather than hereditary. If it can be established that these alleged
genes, in fact, inhibit bone, cartilage, and muscle formation, then it
would be possible to control dysplasia through nutritional
supplementation. Some genetic tendencies can be overridden by other
factors, such as nutritional supplementation. The bottom line is, if
CHD can be prevented be it hereditary or nutritional there is more to
gain than to lose with the nutritional concept.

The author has developed a nutritional protocol for the prevention and
control of CHD. The protocol begins with the pregnant bitch. To ensure
a healthy pregnancy, the female is administered Mega C Plus. This
supplement will aid in the maintenance of a good pregnancy and a
healthy litter. This vitamin/mineral compound will enhance immune
function and most importantly, aid in the synthesis of collagen while
the pups are developing in utero. After the birth of the litter, Mega C
Drops (pediatric formula) is administered to each pup within two hours
and is continued through weaning. Mega C Drops is a formula containing
hydrolyzed protein (collagen), vitamin C as sodium ascorbate, plus
other essential nutrients that enhances collagen synthesis. Post
weaning, the pups are placed on a Mega C Plus regimen through two years
of age.

The author discusses CHD, at the cell level, in the forthcoming
textbook "Complementary and Alternative Veterinary Medicine: Practices
and Principle" published by Mosby. There has been extensive research in
recent years concerning collagen synthesis by many renown biochemists
that supports the author's nutritional concept. This new textbook is
targeting veterinary practitioners and educators and will be available
September, 1997.

---------------------------

The following article has been provided by the above author.
All copy rights are held by the author and any reproduction
of this material in whole or in part must have the authors
approval.

by Sylvia Hammarstrom

As you probably know by now, I 'm a great believer in
nutrition, "YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT". I feel strongly that a
good natural diet will prevent many health problems later
in your dogs life, eg; skin problems, cancer, arthritis,
and most important HIP DYSPLASIA.

Hip dysplasia is actually a form of arthritis of the
hipbones, which is often discovered as loose joints shown
in an X-ray.

I have raised dogs here at SKANSEN KENNEL for 25 plus
years. I have raised several working breeds like the German
Shepherd and Rottweilers, as well as the Schnauzers. In all
of these years, It have NEVER raised a clinically dysplastic
dog . I 'm quite sure the general public would have a difficult
time believing this.

Statistically, I certainly should have ended up with at least
one or two out of the hundreds of dogs that I have raised.

The fact is, I never have and have often wondered why I was
so lucky, or what factor was present for me that wasn't there
for other people .

I have finally come to the conclusion that HIP DYSPLASIA
simply is a lack of VITAMIN C in your dogs diet. Almost all
dogs in the U. S . are raised on commercial dog food- with
no NATURAL VITAMIN C.

True, the manufacturers add ascorbic acid, but this chemical
form of Vitamin C just isn't good enough. Your dog MUST get
Vitamin C in his diet on a daily basis from a natural source,
like fresh vegetables or RAW MILK or Vitamin C made from a
VEGETABLE SOURCE"

Here's another EXXXCELLENT study on dysplasia
and vitamin C: http://www.workingdogs.com/doc0039.htm

http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/health/packer/antioxidants.html

Does your daily food supplement contain 50 mg of lipoic acid?
Mine does. Did I even know that name until recently? No. So
what's the big deal with antioxidants?

My wife has been taking antioxidants, which I had understood
were some kind of immunity booster. I took vitamins and minerals
and didn't get sick much, so I figured my immunity was okay.

Recently I've read a book which has changed my life by
summarizing the vast amount of research which has been
done in the past few decades on antioxidants and their
role in preventing degenerative diseases.

If you read the Antioxidant Miracle you won't be without
antioxidants afterward. Dr. Lester Packer is perhaps the
world's leading authority on antioxidants, having pioneered
much of the research himself at Packer Lab at U. C. Berkeley
over the last three decades.

The level of research is not mostly anecdotal, like, "I
took vitamin E and my heart didn't hurt as much." Instead,
it is at the high scientific level of being able to induce
heart disease in laboratory animals by simply withholding
vitamin E, and then seeing them improve when it is restored.

There are clinical studies involving thousands of patients,
which provide overwhelming evidence that antioxidants are
major factors in preventing cancer, heart disease, strokes,
Alzheimer's disease, arthritis and a host of others.

How long will it take us to get it? To figure out what we
need to do to be healthy? To discover that major fatal diseases
can be prevented by simple diet and supplements?

The answer is often measured in centuries.

Consider the killer disease scurvy, caused by a lack of vitamin C:

A.D. 1227: Gilbertus de Aguilla advised sailors to bring
ample apples, pears, and lemons to avoid getting scurvy.

A.D. 1500's: World explorers Vasco de Gama and Magellan
reported losing over half their crew to scurvy.

A.D. 1753: British physician James Lind published his
results of testing several supposed cures. He found
that sailors with scurvy who ate two oranges and one
lemon per day were cured in a few days.

A.D. 1795: British Admiralty begins to require sailors
to eat lemons and limes and scurvey ceases to be a problem.

Why did it take 500 years to for sailors to take the advice
seriously to eat citrus fruit? And why 42 years after it was
published by a physician? Probably because it is hard to believe
that such a simple thing as eating an orange can prevent such
a horrible disease.

Why are we so loathe to believe the idea today that so many
of our killers today such as cancer and heart disease can
be prevented by getting enough of the substances found in
fresh fruits and vegetables and other healthy foods?

Perhaps in the past we had the excuse of a lack of evidence,
but today that dodge is no longer an acceptable excuse for
neglecting healthy practices. And Dr. Packer points out that
a healthy diet is not nearly enough, we need to supplement
our modern diets to get the optimum amounts of these antioxidants.

Dr. Packer explains that of the hundreds of known antioxidants
there are five which seem to be the most important, and which
operate as a network, meaning that they help balance and recycle
each other. Cells are essentially filled with water surrounded
by a fatty wall, so both fat and water soluble varieties are important.

Two of the network antioxidants are water soluble (vitamin C
and glutathione), two are fat soluble (vitamin E and CoQ10),
and one (lipoic acid) is both fat and water soluble. The
importance of this latter team member has only been known in
the last decade. It may be the most important of all and most
daily supplement manufacturers don't even include it.

I have made a table summarizing the main results presented
in The Antioxidant Miracle , including the optimum amounts
recommended by Dr. Packer. It fits well on one page if printed
in landscape mode. There are also links to a few bulleted
charts below which summarize the importance of each of the
network antioxidants and some others.

After reading his book, I went to both grocery and health
food stores and hunted for a supplement that had something
close to all his optimum amounts of antioxidants, as well
as other usual vitamins and minerals. I found none.

It is possible to buy most of them separately, but that
is very expensive and way too hard for me to open all
those bottles twice a day. I found that simply looking
for at least 50 mg of lipoic acid is a good test of the
entire supplement because few companies have kept up
with the most recent research.

The best I've found so far are Life-Pak Prime by Pharmanex,
which is about $70 per month but is guaranteed to be very
high quality, the one by Dr. David Williams which has more
in it for about $55, and one you can get at health stores
called Life Essence for about $30 per month. Find better
if you can, but in any case, if you read his book, you will
build up your antioxidant protection. But if you are taking
prescribed medication, you should check with your doctor
before adding new supplements to your diet to verify compatibility.

Summary Table
Good Quotes
Free Radicals
Antioxidants
Lipoic Acid
Vitamin E
Vitamin C
Coenzyme Q10
Glutathione
Flavonoids
Carotenoids
Selenium

The Amazing Puppy Wizard <{) ; ~ ) >

morgan4eva

Nov 25, 2005, 1:17:10 PM11/25/05
thank you for your help. i will try the cod oil. thank you so much.
morgan4eva

--
morgan4eva

IHateToSayIt...@inbox.com

Nov 27, 2005, 6:51:04 PM11/27/05
HOWEDY morgan4eva,

morgan4eva wrote:
> dallygirl Wrote:

> > im sorry about your dog, its oul destroying to see them suffer.

INDEED?

> > do you mean the bio flow collars?

> > if so they work in the same way as magnets do on our bodies. i know of
> > only one dog who wears a bio flow and although she is very stiff she
> > still takes part in training sessions and demonstrations. this year she was
> > at crufts doing a demo for the kc good citizen scheme.
>
> > also give your dog a cod liver oil capsule in her food every day as
> > this helps no end.

That's sheer idiocy.

> > all the best dally girl

BWEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

> thank you for your help.

For WHAAAAT??? NON ADVICE?

> i will try the cod oil.

IT AIN'T GONNA HEELP.

> thank you so much.

BWEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHHAAAA!!!

> morgan4eva

Looks like you've IDENTIFIED yourself with the MENTAL PATIENTS.

> --
> morgan4eva

PERHAPS The Amazing Puppy Wizard gave you TOO MUCH INFORMATION?:

From: Animal Behavior Forensic Sciences Research Laboratory
Date: 21 Nov 2005 23:22:35 -0800
Subject: Re: sorry to be a nag

HOWEDY morgan4eva,

morgan4eva wrote:
> i am so sorry to keep being a nag but

But noWON has bothered to answer any of your pryor questions

and the only other respondent to this thread is a idiot who had
NUTHIN to tell you other than "GOOD LUCK".

The Amazing Puppy Wizard SEZ "Luck is for SUCKERS."

> my dog has got hip dysplaicure.

Hip dysplasia is much like scurvey. It's CAUSED by

STRESS and POOR DIET. Here's HOWE to rid your
dog of STRESS:

<{#}: ~ } >8< { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > http://www.tinyurl.com/7bl5u < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } >8< { ~ :{@}>

STUDY and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PRECISELY and ASK
The Amazing Puppy Wizard if you need any additional FREE heelp.
Use a text to speech reader to facilitate study. There's a FREE WON
at http://www.UltraHal.Com <{) ; ~ ) >

> she is very stiff. she has already got athuritis.

Yeah, I had EXXXCELLENT results using Glucosamine

and Condroitin with an older dog who suffered an injury.
Took just a few days to see a REMARKABLE improvement
LikeWIZE vitamin C may have an anti inflamatory effect
and could possibly CURE or PREVENT dysplasia which,
similar to SCURVEY, is PRECIPITATED by STRESS and
POOR DIET.

> i have heard about these collars.

LikeWIZE, although I've never used them. I've used accupuncture,

tens, magnets and chiropractic with much success on dogs as well
as myself.

> do they work.

Magnet therapy is P-HOWERFUL STUFF. Their success depends
on their placement and polarity. You should look into it <{) ; ~ ) >

> i am so sorry but i dont know much about them can anybody give more info???

I wish I could tell you more about magnet therapy but I've only

The Amazing Puppy Wizard <{) ; - ) >

Nov 28, 2005, 6:51:30 AM11/28/05
Date: 21 Nov 2005
HOWEDY morgan4eva,

morgan4eva wrote:
> i am so sorry to keep being a nag but

But noWON has bothered to answer any of your pryor questions
and the only other respondent to this thread is a idiot who had
NUTHIN to tell you other than "GOOD LUCK".

The Amazing Puppy Wizard SEZ "Luck is for SUCKERS."

> my dog has got hip dysplaicure.

Hip dysplasia is much like scurvey. It's CAUSED by
STRESS and POOR DIET. Here's HOWE to rid your
dog of STRESS:

<{#}: ~ } >8< { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > http://www.tinyurl.com/7bl5u < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } >8< { ~ :{@}>

STUDY and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PRECISELY and ASK
The Amazing Puppy Wizard if you need any additional FREE heelp.
Use a text to speech reader to facilitate study. There's a FREE WON
at http://www.UltraHal.Com <{) ; ~ ) >

> she is very stiff. she has already got athuritis.

Yeah, I had EXXXCELLENT results using Glucosamine
and Condroitin with an older dog who suffered an injury.
Took just a few days to see a REMARKABLE improvement
LikeWIZE vitamin C may have an anti inflamatory effect
and could possibly CURE or PREVENT dysplasia which,
similar to SCURVEY, is PRECIPITATED by STRESS and
POOR DIET.

> i have heard about these collars.

LikeWIZE, although I've never used them. I've used accupuncture,
tens, magnets and chiropractic with much success on dogs as well
as myself.

> do they work.

Magnet therapy is P-HOWERFUL STUFF. Their success depends
on their placement and polarity. You should look into it <{) ; ~ ) >

> i am so sorry but i dont know much about them can anybody give more
> info???

dallygirl

Nov 30, 2005, 3:34:59 AM11/30/05
me the idiot?

hd is not down to poor diet its heridetary.

puppy twit

morgan4eva

Dec 1, 2005, 3:14:41 PM12/1/05

thank you. i have tried the magnet collars. the apparently take about a
week to kick in! The other day she gave me the fright of my life!!!

we have an electric fence that fences are ponies in the field. it was
dark and i was going to feed the ponies and sasha (with hd) was
running. i didnt have a tourch. then suddenly i heard a huge scream and
this carried on. i ran up to her in the dark and she stood there. i
looked down and her leg was in a horrific angle. i shouted and called
for my dad and he came running out. he came up to me and sasha (who had
a brocken leg at the time and hd) and looked at her leg. and said 'its
ok its just that the rope is spun round her leg' he unwrapped it and
started crying with shock!!! i later found out that it was were the
electric fence hook that hooks onto the fence and because it was dark
it was dark as well! so it looked a brocken leg! i was so shacken up
after that!!! :(

--
morgan4eva

dallygirl

Dec 2, 2005, 9:41:45 AM12/2/05
morgan i found this the other day and thought of you.

they call it the freedom collar,they are a uk company so add shipping to
your cost but heres the web address.. www.freedomcollars.co.uk

it has copper worked into the inside of the collar, i have also been
digging around for an ad but cant find it but its a 'snuggle safe system'
you get this chew proof disc that you zap in the microwave (you dont have
to buy the bed you can get just the disc) but with the bed its a large
deep oval with wooly fleece around it and a pouch hidden underneath the
base for the heated disc.

i have 4 horrible illnesses and the use of heat really helps me out
massivly. i also used heat on my now dead but oap patterdale terrier and
she would sleep snuggly up against it.

all the best dg.

ps for the dark i buy little led torches and clip them on to my dogs
collars so one they can see where they are going (yes im too soppy) but
two and mainly if they get loose somehow drivers can have a better chance
of seeing them and i have a better chance of finding them.
the green led can be seen from a mile away according to the label but they
come in all colours.

morgan4eva

Dec 4, 2005, 11:38:52 AM12/4/05
thanks you have been a great help. she is now on a magnet collar and is
doing well. apparently she has got lots of oils in her dryed food she is
having now! i posted a post on health today have a peek sometime!
xxx,morgan4eva

--
morgan4eva