Some basic questions?

1 view

CPUproject

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
My facility just north of Dallas has an very large concrete parking lot that
never has more than 10 cars in it at any given time. I was thinking of striping
it off for storage rental. Another thought I had was to make it available for
overnight parking, it could hold 20 very comfortably. Their are no hookups of
anykind but it is only 10 minutes from Dallas. Do you travelers think this is a
viable idea?

and

How large would each section need to be?
What would you pay for such a site?
Have you seen other similiar locations around the country?
What would be a reasonable maximum amount of time to stay?

Robert

RVnKen

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
>cpupr...@aol.com

How much will your libility insurance cost, what about trash pick up, local
ord./laws, lic. cost for this type of operation, etc, etc......

Ken,
Made it back to Las Vegas! Home park for the winter.

Glenn Pechacek

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
It may work for storage, I do not think it would be appealing for camping.
Where I store my camper the slots are from 20 foot to 50 foot lengths and
offer a wash and dump station. The price varies according to size, top at
$125 per month. The place is fenced with twenty-four hour security and pass
keys. The adjoining neighborhoods do not allow the parking of campers.

Glenn

CPUproject <cpupr...@aol.com> wrote in message

Pete Dumbleton

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Before you do anything else, check with your local buildings and zoning
department to find out if you need to put in toilets, showers and dump
sta.

Assuming you don't, just put in an Iron Ranger (locked pipe with envelope
slot), some envelopes and a sign saying "Pay $5/overnite or get
Denver-Booted".

Or just make it a parking lot and don't mention RVs (but you'll probably
want a Port-O-Let chained in a corner then.