The Rules of Boating

TVG

Oct 11, 2001, 9:49:56 AM10/11/01
I was cleaning up some files on my computer and ran across this.
The Rules Of Boating

1)Leaving the dock is optional. Every return is mandatory.

2)If you turn the wheel towards shore, the houses get bigger. If you
turn the wheel away from shore, they get smaller. That is, unless you
keep turning the wheel and then they get bigger and smaller and
bigger….

3)Boating isn't dangerous. Sinking is what's dangerous.

4)It is always better to be on shore wishing you were out there than
being out there and wishing you were on shore.

5)The ONLY time you have too much fuel is when the boat is on fire.

6)The sail is just a big awning used by sailors to keep the Captain
cool. When it rips to shreds, you can actually see the Captain sweat.

7)When in doubt, stay out to sea. No one has ever gone aground on a
wave.

8)A ‘good' return to your slip is one you can walk away from. A
‘great' return is one after which you can use the boat again.

9)Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to
make them all by yourself.

To read 10 - 22 go to:
http://www.tidalfish.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001931

Wayne H Thompson

Oct 20, 2001, 12:28:34 AM10/20/01
LOL. IIRC, this reads like a rewrite of The Rules of Flying that have
been around since shortly after the Wright brothers got aloft!! (:-o)

Wayne H Thompson
<AquaMarineInc.net/>
Fine Watermakers since 1987