Florida Fishing Reports.

Champion Pro Guide Services Central Florida

Feb 4, 2001, 8:44:49 PM2/4/01
Fishing Reports

Feb 2, 2001
Saltwater Flats Report - The weather is still a factor in Fishing the Flats
of the Indian River System. Some days are painted picture perfect, and the
fish won't bite. Some days are just as ugly as sin, and you cant scare the
fish away with a Big Brass Band, and a troop of Cloggers from Tennessee. We
have had a big weather change in the last 2 weeks. 9 days of freezing
weather, and 7 days of beautiful weather of 70 to 80 degree days.

Last week on the flats we were everywhere looking for the elusive Redfish,
only to find him in a very foul mood. we pulled up on a very big school of
reds, and they would even eat live bait. then last Sunday we pulled up on
the same school and put over 50 in the boat, with some well over 40 inches.
Fishing this time of year is definitely a challenge, and a big payoff to
those who can take the weather, and the challenge of Fishing in Florida's
Winter weather conditions. Check our Photo Page to see some pictures of some
Great Redfish.

Lake Toho Report - The Kissimmee area was host this last week to some of the
world's Best fishing Pro's. No one expected what was going to happen hear in
Central Florida. Dean Rojas of Arizona shattered not 1 but 2 B.A.S.S.
records this last week on the Kissimmee Chain. First he shattered the
B.A.S.S. record for a one-day, five-bass catch with 45 pounds, 2 ounces,
then as if this wasn't enough he did the unthinkable - break the 100-pound
mark - as he increased his record to 108 pounds, 12 ounces for a five-bass
limit catch in a four-day tournament. He was quoted as saying " You hear
about California having all these big bass, but they haven't got squat
compared to this lake,". I put this in the report this week to let everyone
know that there is no place in the world like Florida. If you would like to
read more of this in detail, please visit http://www.bassmaster.com/ and
view the whole story.

As for Fishing here in Florida, well we have had 12 fish in the last 2
weeks come in the boat over 9 pounds, 1 came in at a whopping 11 pounds and
change, and yet another just over 10 pounds. Just this week on Wednesday we
caught over 100 fish on 1 trip. Fishing is the best it is ever going to be,
in spite of the weather, the fishing is nothing short of incredible. Our
Spawn is kicking in full steam and if you are looking for a Trophy, now is
the time. Between now and the end of March, This is going to be what fishing
used to be like when you look at those old photo's of your Grandfather and
those huge stringers of fish all weighing in at 10 pounds. Come on down and
get yours.

Stick Marsh Report - The marsh is disappointing at best. I am so glad to
have options open like the Kissimmee Chain. Right now there is no water in
the marsh, and with water low and strong COLD north winds blowing in the
Marsh is a waste of time. On a recent trip there last week we were so
disappointed we put the boat back on the trailer and came back to Orlando to
finish the day. Good thing we did to because there are no fish biting there,
or in Okeechobee right now. Recent cold fronts are making fishing more of a
challenge for the Marsh and other lakes in the area.

Be sure to check out our website for Reservations and Rates, and
see our Photo Album for updated pictures of our clients and their personal
trophy fish. Also check out our new Video Page. We now have clips of our
clients with their trophy fish in 30 to 60 second clips for you to see. God
Bless & Tight Lines. Please remember to catch and release your fish. Today's
small fish are tomorrow's Trophies. God Bless and Tight Lines.

--
Capt. Tony Weatherman
Champion Pro Guide Services Central Florida