OT: CTFO Rant

rb608

Nov 20, 2006, 5:42:39 PM11/20/06
Alright, I just have to step up and say something at this point.
First, I want to be crystal clear that I am not addressing anybody in
particular with this post; and if you think I mean you, I probably
don't. But I might.

To say that some threads have gotten acrimonious and unnecessarily
personal lately would be an understatement. Personally, I don't much
give a shit how much some of you may dislike some others, but sweet
baby jesus, Chill The Fuck Out, would ya? I sweartagod, tomorrow
somebody could post that the sky is blue, and somebody would reply that
Ken's a liar because he said it was orange a couple years ago or that
Mike's homophobic because thought blue was a queer color or that Opie
got drunk and ran his ATV over some bluebirds in a national forest. I
mean shit, is everything a knee jerk excuse to flame somebody these
days? Christ, at least try to keep the off topic stuff on topic a
little. Hell, the post that set me off was only 7 posts old before
somebody went personal with no regard to the OP or the idea under
discussion.

I'm not going all net nanny on anybody; hell, I enjoy and participate
in the OT stuff as much as anybody. Anybody wants to have a cogent
discussion about gay rights or homophobia, fine by me. Racism? Fair
game. But, ad hominum shit ain't illuminating anything for anybody
IMNSHO. Anybody thinks Ken, Mike, Op, Wolfgang, rdean, me, or anybody
else is a fucking asshole, I don't much give a shit, and I probably
disagree. You disagree with somebody's point? Fine; why? If the
answer is because you think the poster is an idiot, an asshole, or any
other favorite name; then your argument sucks.

Not everyone is as smart as you, and not everyone is as clear as you in
expressing their POV. They may not be as adept at explaining those
nuances or obvious truths that *anybody* should understand. Beyond all
possibility, they may not have actually understood what you wrote
exactly as you meant it. This is the written word, bereft of
expression and short on explanation as most practice it. Yeah, yeah, I
know that some shit off some keyboards is so effing stupid it can't
pass without comment. If ya gotta do it, do it; but CTFO a little, eh?
</rant>

Joe F.

asadi

Nov 20, 2006, 5:54:27 PM11/20/06

"rb608" <junkm...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Well, I'd like to jump in and call myself a drunken, amoral idiot...

Oh yeah?

....kinda like fight club

john

Ken Fortenberry

Nov 20, 2006, 6:04:32 PM11/20/06
rb608 wrote:
> Alright, I just have to step up and say something at this point.
> <snip>

CTFO, eh ? Like *that's* really gonna work. CTFO is just another
way to misspell kumbaya.

But it was a very nice rant anyway.

--
Ken Fortenberry

mike-...@t-online.de

Nov 20, 2006, 6:06:21 PM11/20/06

rb608 wrote:

> Alright, I just have to step up and say something at this point.

SNIP
> Joe F.

Seems entirely reasonable. Probably wont work though. As for anything
of such a nature to work, especially peer pressure, requires that
others respect your opinion and "play by the rules". It is however
quite apparent that some have no rules, and are also quite indifferent
to the effects they have on others.

Appeals to their better nature or good sense are also quite pointless,
as they obviously possess neither.

TL
MC

Ken Fortenberry

Nov 20, 2006, 6:44:11 PM11/20/06
mike-...@t-online.de wrote:
> Seems entirely reasonable. Probably wont work though. As for anything
> of such a nature to work, especially peer pressure, requires that
> others respect your opinion and "play by the rules".

Rules or no rules Mike, you have opinions that no decent human
being could tolerate much less respect. Which is your business,
of course, but it would be better for all concerned if you kept
your reprehensible and disgusting homophobia off our fly fishing
group.

--
Ken Fortenberry

mike-...@t-online.de

Nov 20, 2006, 7:12:54 PM11/20/06

My apologies to the group for upsetting anybody. I will restrict myself
to moderated groups in future.

TL
MC

Message has been deleted

rb608

Nov 20, 2006, 7:27:34 PM11/20/06
"Ken Fortenberry" <kennethfo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> CTFO, eh ? Like *that's* really gonna work. CTFO is just another
> way to misspell kumbaya.

LOL. Yeah, I figgered that. :-)

Joe F.

rb608

Nov 20, 2006, 7:30:26 PM11/20/06
<mike-...@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Seems entirely reasonable.

Purely an accident.

> Probably wont work though.

If it works long enough for everybody to take at least one deep breath, at
least I'll have a moment's peace.

Joe F.

Ken Fortenberry

Nov 20, 2006, 7:33:09 PM11/20/06
mike-...@t-online.de wrote:
> My apologies to the group for upsetting anybody. I will restrict myself
> to moderated groups in future.

LOL !! Now is that just the standard farewell between posts ?

So far as I'm concerned you're welcome on roff Mike. You are
free to post homophobic rants, lunatic conspiracy theories and
vicious personal attacks on yours truly. If you can withstand
the inevitable response.

If you cannot, then perhaps you should limit your conversation
to less controversial subjects, like fly fishing for instance.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Wolfgang

Nov 20, 2006, 7:42:26 PM11/20/06

What? I didn't do nuthin'. :(

Wolfgang
sometimes ya just gotta say something, huh? :)

rb608

Nov 20, 2006, 8:25:52 PM11/20/06
"Wolfgang" <wolf...@mcw.edu> wrote in message

> sometimes ya just gotta say something, huh? :)

Yup. Besides, I couldn't get a word in edgewise. :-)

Joe F.

Frank Reid

Nov 20, 2006, 9:14:47 PM11/20/06

Why do you hate America so much? (Hey, its the standard reply to any
rant around here).
Frank Reid

Frank Reid

Nov 20, 2006, 9:17:04 PM11/20/06

By the way, how's Maryland? Right now, I'm wishing I still had your
fishing and taxes.
Frank Reid

rb608

Nov 20, 2006, 9:47:52 PM11/20/06
"Frank Reid" <reid_f...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> By the way, how's Maryland? Right now, I'm wishing I still had your
> fishing and taxes.

Not much change. More rain this year than lately. I haven't fished the
local places at all lately. The Bay supposedly had a minor improvement.
Ehrlich lost his gubenatorial re-election. Martin O'Malley (Baltimore
Mayor) got the job. I've had a serious raw oyster jones this year. I
*know* you can't (or shouldn't) get those in Nebraska. Of all places, I
always think of you when I stop by BPS. <g>

Joe F.

Tim J.

Nov 20, 2006, 10:33:44 PM11/20/06

rb608 <junkm...@verizon.net> typed:

> Alright, I just have to step up and say something at this point.
<snip>

> If ya gotta do it, do it; but CTFO a little, eh? </rant>

Whew!

I love you, man. :)
--
TL,
Tim

Frank Reid

Nov 21, 2006, 10:51:13 AM11/21/06
> > By the way, how's Maryland? Right now, I'm wishing I still had your
> > fishing and taxes.
>
> Not much change. More rain this year than lately. I haven't fished the
> local places at all lately. The Bay supposedly had a minor improvement.
> Ehrlich lost his gubenatorial re-election. Martin O'Malley (Baltimore
> Mayor) got the job. I've had a serious raw oyster jones this year. I
> *know* you can't (or shouldn't) get those in Nebraska. Of all places, I
> always think of you when I stop by BPS. <g>

Well, the only fishing I've been doing is outta state. O'Malley as
governator? That'll be a hoot.
The only fresh crabs you can get around here are from some of the
ladies downtown. Did have carp cakes a few weeks ago.
BPS is old news. Got me a Cabelas. Woo Woo!
Get fission my friend. Get fission.
Frank Reid