Earache my Eye

jo...@net1plus.com

Apr 13, 2001, 11:37:02 AM4/13/01
Anyone know who the musicians are who played
on Cheech & Chong's Earache My Eye? And who
wrote the music and lyrics?
Thanks,
Jon

NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts
made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email ab...@newsone.net

Mister Charlie

Apr 13, 2001, 2:22:37 PM4/13/01
They are uncredited, presumably studio musicians.

They song was written by Cheech and Chong with assist from Gaye Delorme.

J. Randy Mitchell

Apr 13, 2001, 4:52:02 PM4/13/01
jo...@net1plus.com wrote:

> Anyone know who the musicians are who played
> on Cheech & Chong's Earache My Eye? And who
> wrote the music and lyrics?
> Thanks,
> Jon

Written by: Chong/De Lorme/Marin

David Sanborn - Saxophone
Gene Page - Horn Arrangements
Steve Katz - Engineer
Stanley Sheldon - Bass
Waddy Wachtel - Drums
Jai Winding - Keyboards

These are the credits given on the album sleeve,
but there were a number of rumors that Clapton
played guitar and Billy Preston played the B3
Hammond, but I have no evidence to support
it.

Will C

Apr 17, 2001, 6:10:56 PM4/17/01
Waddy Wachtel on drums? What were those guys smoking? Waddy is a
guitarist.

Mister Charlie

Apr 17, 2001, 6:56:42 PM4/17/01
I could not find any listings whatsoever on the original Wedding Album...where
did it show the musicians?
---------------------------------

http://hometown.aol.com/tensevenfiftytwo/index.html

J. Randy Mitchell

Apr 17, 2001, 8:59:17 PM4/17/01
Will C wrote:

> Waddy Wachtel on drums? What were those guys smoking? Waddy is a
> guitarist.

Well, that's what I thought, remembering him from
playing with the Everly Brothers, but that's what it
said.

I mistakenly indicated that the credits were from
the album cover when, in fact, they were from
the credits on the soundtrack from the movie
"Up In Smoke".

You can see these credits at:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=Ajtknikbjbb89

J. Randy Mitchell

Apr 17, 2001, 9:01:13 PM4/17/01
Mister Charlie wrote:

My apologies, I found the credits listed in reference
to the "Up In Smoke" movie, where "Earache My Eye"
was a part of the soundtrack. You will find that listing
at:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=Ajtknikbjbb89

Boognish Rising

Apr 18, 2001, 9:22:11 AM4/18/01
>Waddy Wachtel on drums? What were those guys smoking? Waddy is a
>guitarist.

Don't know if it is the case here, but many of these guys are
multi-instrumentalists, although they don't always appear on recordings in any
role other than the one they are known for.

JohnS

"My friends tell me to stay away from the glue,
But how am I gonna keep it together?"
Roy A. Loney, The Flamin' Groovies