REM may have ripped this guy off

barg...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2008, 5:24:57 PM12/3/08
I just picked up a CD by a guy named Jim Basnight. It's actually
really good and I couldn't help notice the striking similarities
between his song titled "Rest Up" and REM's "These Days". It sound
like there are enough "borrowed" parts of Basnight's song that a
lawsuit could be in order. Has anyone ever heard of an out-of-court
settlement pertaining to this?

Dave B

Dec 4, 2008, 8:05:03 AM12/4/08
In article
<6ef19902-078a-42b7...@p2g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,
barg...@gmail.com wrote:

At some point, according to
http://www.musicscene.com/msi/bands/rkm/basthing.html Jim Basnight
supported REM and, a quick google now tells me, Peter Buck produced 'Rest
Up', which came out after 'These Days'. So plagiarism issues seem
unlikely. Stop stirring!