Thriller on Halloween?

HoseMaster

Jun 25, 2009, 7:56:18 PM6/25/09
Not to rehash what would now be a 14 year old thread but... Vegas
should be taking action on this possibility.

phr...@cox.net

Jun 26, 2009, 8:26:04 AM6/26/09

I surely hope not......

POSTER

Jun 27, 2009, 1:14:39 AM6/27/09
itll be rush hemispheres ... write it down in your little setlist books now

"HoseMaster" <max...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

LP

Jun 27, 2009, 2:00:55 AM6/27/09
On Jun 26, 10:14 pm, "POSTER" <pos...@crack.com> wrote:
> itll be rush hemispheres ... write it down in your little setlist books now

F'ing one of the greatest albums ever recorded. If PHiSH covered it on
Halloween I'd shit a pile of bricks.

LP

POSTER

Jun 27, 2009, 3:05:47 AM6/27/09
i miss old rush ... they fucked me up when i was younger .. love that shit
!!

"LP" <so.y...@gmail.com> wrote in message

LP

Jun 27, 2009, 5:30:47 AM6/27/09
On Jun 27, 12:05 am, "POSTER" <pos...@crack.com> wrote:
> i miss old rush ... they fucked me up when i was younger .. love that shit
> !!

Hell yeah. In the 2112 - Farewell to Kings - Hemispheres era, Neil
Peart was like a poet god to me. I was a high school kid, and that
music ruled my universe. My son who is now 17 has been into the same
records for years as well.

LP

HoseMaster

Jun 27, 2009, 5:40:53 AM6/27/09

> On Jun 26, 10:14 pm, "POSTER" <pos...@crack.com> wrote:
>
> > itll be rush hemispheres ... write it down in your little setlist books
> > now

RUSH was my first love. It was my first two concerts ever...junior
year of highschool during the Roll the Bones Tour which at the time
felt like late late in their career. But to me they have always been
the most exciting improvisationally talented band until I discovered
Phish. I've always wondered why Phish has never covered RUSH. For
them to play even just one cover of their songs would be a peak
musical moment in my life. I'd like to hope they would cover RUSH but
I won't hold my breath...

"There is trouble in the forest... there is trouble with the trees....
for the maples want more sunlight and the oaks ignore their pleas..."

...so stupendous living in this tube.

Jun 27, 2009, 12:53:23 PM6/27/09

> "There is trouble in the forest... there is trouble with the trees....
> for the maples want more sunlight and the oaks ignore their pleas..."

Dude! It's....

There is unrest in the forest,
There is trouble with the trees,
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas.

C'mon, man! Sheesh.

KevinBe

Jun 28, 2009, 1:25:38 AM6/28/09
Rush has been my favorite band since 1979... I was in junior high when
I first heard Permanent Waves and quickly bought everything up to
there. I was in high school when Signals came out with the song
"Subdivisions" on it. To this day that song takes me right back...

In the past twenty years Phish has become a close second; yeah that's
right no one will ever surpass Rush in my eyes...

I've seen them once on every tour they've done since the Signals tour
in 1982. I've even read Neil's books and check rushisaband.com every
day to keep up with them.

If they play anything by Rush I would love to hear the entire Cygnus
epic from "Cygnus X-1" on A Farewell to Kings and the entire first
side of Hemispheres. But any Rush cover would blow my mind!!!

(Hear that guys, just cover one song and I'd be thrilled!)

http://www.rushisaband.com

KevinBe

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 02:30:47 -0700 (PDT), LP <so.y...@gmail.com>

HoseMaster

Jun 29, 2009, 12:40:47 PM6/29/09
On Jun 27, 9:53 am, "...so stupendous living in this tube."
<topher5...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Dude! It's....
>
> There is unrest in the forest,
> There is trouble with the trees,
> For the maples want more sunlight
> And the oaks ignore their pleas.
>
> C'mon, man! Sheesh.

Yeah... that was awful (head between hands). That's what I get for
fast typing and not proofing...

Adam Schneider

Jun 30, 2009, 9:14:11 AM6/30/09

I don't know Rush, but to me this looks like your lyrical
interpretation of Time Turns Elastic.

- Adam Schneider

daves energyguide

Jun 30, 2009, 2:57:42 PM6/30/09
> - Adam Schneider- Hide quoted text -

same here, not the biggest Rush fan, yea blast me now, but iam just
being honest. Id love to see Zappa's "Joes Garage", or maybe the
Stones "Sticky Fingers", or "Exile", but there are so many id like to
see them do.

I will bet on it that they will do atleast a "thriller" tease at Red
rocks. cya all there.