Jam On The River Mini-Review

Matt

May 27, 2003, 10:14:05 PM5/27/03
I went on Monday. It was a pretty good venue, cool views of the
Philadelphia skyline behind you, the Ben Frankling Bridge to your left, the
Walt Whitman Bridge to your right, and the Delaware river and the Tweeter
Center in front.

Israel Vibrations - I got there after these guys played their set, but my
friends caught them. REALLY GOOD reggae.

David Grisman - nice mellow bluegrass. I didn't care for it all that much,
but to each his own.

The New Deal - Great! I like how they're techno, but their jams also go out
somewhere...it's not the same DOOT-DOOT-DOOT for 20 minutes. A lot of
energy, everybody was gettin' down....I definitely reccommend them.

The Disco Biscuits - I first saw them at the Electric Factory in December,
and I thought it was a mediocre show, with only 1 or 2 peak moments, but I
said to myself at the time that I'd give them another shot.
WOW! They redeemed themselves with this show.
The first song or two was meh, but they were on fire after that. I don't
know what happened to them in the past six months, but they were a lot
tighter and they brought a hell of a lot more energy this time.

All in all, a lot of fun.

Definitely check out The New Deal or The Disco Biscuits if they roll into
your town.

Chuckles33cjm

May 27, 2003, 10:23:33 PM5/27/03

>The Disco Biscuits - I first saw them at the Electric Factory in December,
>and I thought it was a mediocre show, with only 1 or 2 peak moments, but I
>said to myself at the time that I'd give them another shot.
>WOW! They redeemed themselves with this show.
>The first song or two was meh, but they were on fire after that. I don't
>know what happened to them in the past six months, but they were a lot
>tighter and they brought a hell of a lot more energy this time.

i have to agree with this, although this was my first time seeing them, i was
blown away. well, they did say that they practiced this time around...so maybe
practice makes perfect.

steve-o

May 27, 2003, 10:53:04 PM5/27/03
first year i missed due to the weather, and i like to see Bob there. But i
love it, very relaxed and nice time for the money.

steve-o