Phish reference in worst place

beardo321

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
i saw that too! that kid wearing it looks like he has no idea what
phish even is.

nick
Exchange ideas on practically anything (tm).

Makisupa45

Oct 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/24/99
Ok, so i was at my girlfriends house and in her room she has some girly teen
catalog. (we are in high school). I was flippin through the pgs and in the
middle of this high school targeted girly jappy teen magazin is a kid wearin a
phish shirt and it was for sail!!! i was in disbelief. did phish give the mag.
permission.
peace,
steve

MsXGrrl

Oct 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/24/99
FYI, the term "jappy" is anti-semitic. When you used that term it implies that
Jewish women are somehow bitchier and way more materialistic than other women.
If you want to call somebody snobboy or bitchy or whatever, that's cool, just
don't use a racial slur to do so.

Dlh0

Oct 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/24/99
In case you pholks care to know, the catalog is called ALLOY. They must have
had permission to put it in there because theres a little trademark thingy by
the word phish and it says it's from DryGoods. I think this is shitty. This
catalog isn't geared toward phans. What's up.
~d

Jim McCabe

Oct 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/24/99

Come on now.

--------------
Dec 15th, 16th, 17th & 18th. Look for the kid with the Valley West Swimming
and Diving shirt on. Bright Yellow. Thats me!!!

Jim McCabe
Sham...@aol.com

Tapelist at:
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Square/6086/index.html

Wayne Allen

Oct 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/24/99
RMP is not the place for bigotry.
name calling is so lame kid.

wa.

Groove on down to my tape list:
http://www.angelfire.com/sd/phishy/index.html

Filler

Oct 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/24/99
which shirt is it? Not that that makes any bit of difference in the
world...just curious....

Makisupa45 <makis...@aol.com> wrote in message

Brian Poteat

Oct 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/24/99
When I waited tables we used to have to say "86 the Japs" for no jalapenos
on the taco salad or whatever. I always thought jappy was a slur toward
japanese. Oh well. I guess it's a good thing that I don't know what a racial
slur is. I wanted to have a band named 86 the japs but I didn't want to
offend anybody.
b-

ThisSide

Oct 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/24/99
for some WIRED-ASS reason i get that mag. Alloy SUCKS! it is for
those damn "Tweens" (newsweek!) who have nothing better to do than but
over-exagerated pants with tight-ass remakes of the ATARI SHIRT!!!!!!!

ugh!
-al
Remove ...engruven to reply
check out
www.homestead.com/thissidetapes/homepage.html

Dlh0

Oct 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/24/99
Just a standard blue one with regular phish logo on front.
~d

MattE517

Oct 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/24/99

Makisupa45

Oct 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/24/99
To anyone i offended by using the term "jappy" i am sorry. I am jewish myself
and take no offense to it because almost all the girls in our school are jews
and act like "japs" it is a common term around my town. i know that doesnt make
it right though. again, i am jewish so dont flame.
peace,
steve

BenDRoss

Oct 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/24/99

Well, if you were in a band, and somebody offered you a whole bunch of money to
put your shirt in a magazine (which doesn't really hurt anything), you'd
probably take the offer. Afterall, they are human.

------/Ben\-------
--------/Ross\---------
"Vegetarians who eat animal crackers are hypocrites!!!"
-my friend Josh
"Big ten-kegger at the frat.....Or watching Jerry shake his fat"
-Ernest G. Anastasio III

ThisSide

Oct 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/24/99
All women are just as bitchy and
>materialistic, regardless of nationality or religion. ;}
>--
HAAA HAAA HAAAAAAAAA!!!! that was a good joke for a crappy day ;)
thanks VW!

peace

Crosseydpainless

Oct 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/24/99
>JAP - Jewish American Princess. Nothing to do with Japanese. JAP
>jokes were rampant in the 80's

i do believe you are somewhat wrong, although it can mean jewish american
princess, if you talk to older generations they'll tell you the word jap is
short the japanese. this is a result of WWII. i know both of my grandfathers
use this term (but not as a slur, just as a regular word). i dont mean to be
nit picky, just saying there was life before our generation. which im sure you
already knew. peace

The Vicious Whitey

Oct 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/24/99
Crosseydpainless wrote:
> i do believe you are somewhat wrong, although it can mean jewish american
> princess, if you talk to older generations they'll tell you the word jap is
> short the japanese. this is a result of WWII. i know both of my grandfathers
> use this term (but not as a slur, just as a regular word). i dont mean to be
> nit picky, just saying there was life before our generation. which im sure you
> already knew. peace

Very true, I shouldn't have posted so adamantly. However, in the
context of the original post, a > high school targeted girly jappy
teen magazin
is most certainly in reference to J.A.P.s, and has nothing to do with
Japanese. Unless, of course, it was an Asian Teen Mag? ;}
--
Peace - VW

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://fdt.net/~vwhitey/tape.html
(remove REMOVE to reply)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Vicious Whitey

Oct 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/24/99
MsXGrrl wrote:

> FYI, the term "jappy" is anti-semitic. When you used that term it implies that
> Jewish women are somehow bitchier and way more materialistic than other women.
> If you want to call somebody snobboy or bitchy or whatever, that's cool, just
> don't use a racial slur to do so.

JAP - Jewish American Princess. Nothing to do with Japanese. JAP
jokes were rampant in the 80's. Damn I'm old. And I would have to
agree, this term is a misnomer. All women are just as bitchy and

materialistic, regardless of nationality or religion. ;}

Jeremy Dirty Bird Goodwin

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
On 24 Oct 1999 05:13:22 GMT, msx...@aol.com (MsXGrrl) wrote:

>FYI, the term "jappy" is anti-semitic.

>If you want to call somebody snobboy or bitchy or whatever, that's cool, just

>don't use a racial slur to do so.

Judaism is not a race.

-J