Gregory Kunde sang the high F in Puritani at the Met today.

Luis Angel Catoni

Dec 27, 2006, 11:19:36 PM12/27/06
It was the best thing he did as a very notable artist for a different kind
of music was not at all focused today.

HAPPY LISTENING / FELIZ ESCUCHA /FELICE ASCOLTO / FELIÇ ASCOLTAR
Luis Angel Catoni
barb...@bellsouth.net
Ho da fare un dramma buffo e non trovo l'argomento.

sefano

Dec 28, 2006, 12:11:06 AM12/28/06
So what if he hit a high F! The voice had an ugly, strangulated
quality which is the very antithesis of bel canto. My God, Stephan
Zucker can sing a high F too, would you want him on stage with
Netrebka? Ironic: as good as she was, Kunde was terrible in like
proportion.

Frank Adler

Message has been deleted

donpaolo

Dec 28, 2006, 9:08:20 AM12/28/06
According to other groups, this I Puritani is a train wreck! Nikolai,
Joanie - why did you age???

DonPaolo
"sefano" <adl...@msn.com> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

ML/NJ

Dec 28, 2006, 10:57:29 AM12/28/06

chromolume wrote:
> She was good? Yes, she had moments, but in general she was very sloppy
> and off-pitch in her colratura passages, and some of her high notes
> (for instance, the very last high D she sang) were as unmusical and as
> screamed as Kunde's were. She was much better in slower legato moments,
> but let's face it - why sing a role like this if you don't have the
> technique (or ear?) to do rapid passagework well?

Wow! I thought Netrebko was great! Was she as great as Joan
Sutherland? No. But is there anyone else in the World today who could
come close to the performance Netrebko put on last night? Kunde sort
of reminded me of the last tenor I heard do Arturo with Sutherland.
You had to put up with him. There were moments where this was more
difficult than others.

ML/NJ

La Donna Mobile

Dec 28, 2006, 5:26:47 PM12/28/06

Do people know that the lovely Gregory Kunde is an occasional
pseudonymous contributor to rmo? And long may his amusing and valuable
contributions continue...

--
http://www.madmusingsof.me.uk/weblog/
http://www.geraldine-curtis.me.uk/photoblog/

alanwa...@aol.com

Dec 28, 2006, 5:36:14 PM12/28/06

La Donna Mobile wrote:
> Luis Angel Catoni wrote:
> > It was the best thing he did as a very notable artist for a different kind
> > of music was not at all focused today.
> >
> > HAPPY LISTENING / FELIZ ESCUCHA /FELICE ASCOLTO / FELIÇ ASCOLTAR
> > Luis Angel Catoni
> > barb...@bellsouth.net
> > Ho da fare un dramma buffo e non trovo l'argomento.
> >

> Do people know that the lovely Gregory Kunde is an occasional
> pseudonymous contributor to rmo? And long may his amusing and valuable
> contributions continue...

:):)

Kind regards.
Alan M. Watkins

ljo

Dec 29, 2006, 12:22:33 PM12/29/06

<alanwa...@aol.com> wrote in message

:):)

];>))

More kind regards,
ljo

Santuzza Credimi

Dec 30, 2006, 12:43:50 AM12/30/06

The dear late Ricky di Giuseppe once told me, "I tried the F only
once...missed it..and now the tape is all over the world!!!"
Yes...We have it for posterity..but the man had a great high E
natural..and one of the most underrated singers..and so sad he left
us..CH

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted