Latest Enya News IMPORTANT

Steven Holiday

Jul 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/16/97

Courtesy Irene Zaino of Sail Away International

<< TO: All Enya's Friends
FROM: Nicky Ryan.

"Myself Enya and Roma, would like to inform all of Enya's friends
that if they hear of her accident, not to worry. Enya is recovering well.

On Sunday night last, I was driving home from my daughter's (Ebony) birthday
party. Roma was in the passenger seat and Enya was in the back seat.
A car which was driving in the opposite direction swerved over to my side of
the road and came straight for us.
I had to turn right to avoid a serious crash but amazingly the other car
then turned again in our direction and again was coming straight in front of
me, fortunately I managed to avoid a head on collision but the car did hit
us and although myself and Roma were not hurt, Enya was. She received
injuries to her head and was taken into Hospital. All her tests, X-Rays etc,
were okay and no serious damage happened to her. She is staying with us and
is getting better every day. Nothing was broken and there are no serious
cuts but she was very shocked by the experience.

It was Enya's intention to attend the anniversary today (17th July)
of the TWA plane crash in New York where a young Enya fan (Larissa) was
killed. Her mother has put the words of "Evacuee" on her daughter's grave
and Enya wanted to comfort her on her Anniversary. Because of her own
accident Enya could not go of course but she sent a message of support and
sympathy to Larissa's Mother.

Again we want to assure all our friends that Enya is recovering well and
indeed is already talking about going back into the Studio.

I would also like to inform all of our friends out there that Enya is
very very grateful for the wonderful birthday messages she received and for
the kindness and support.

If anyone wishes to send messages please address them to:

- Aigle Music
6 Danieli Drive
Artane
Dublin 5.