Need help identifying Yamaha Snare drum

Jason Buecker

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
hiya...

I have been trying for some time to identify the age and "series" of a snare
drum I have acquired...

Does anyone know of an online source for gathering such info?

I called Yamaha and they actually were not much help..... They shipped me a
catalog.....a NEW catalog :(

I believe the drum I have is a mid 80's recording custom....????

Its black w/ die-cast hoops;adjustable snares (sort of like the
Super-Sensitive type) and the Model Number is SD016.

Could anyone offer any help?? Thanks so much.

Jason

-to reply via email, please remove "(nospam)" from my email address

Dan Radin

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
>Its black w/ die-cast hoops;adjustable snares (sort of like the
>Super-Sensitive type) and the Model Number is SD016.

Jason-
Is it a one-sided throw which emulates parallel action? Large black bar which
flips down to turn the snare off, and knobs for adjustment on the vertical and
horizonal axes?

Butt fixed? Snares-16-20 Strands of thick stainless clear coated cables?

I'm guessing by your description that it's one of their symphonic models. They
are very similar to RC snares, with the addition of the cast hoops and
different snares and strainer.

LMK-
Also LMK if you're selling.
-Dan Radin
dir...@aol.com
Mason Gross School of the Arts, Rutgers University