A REAL Crack smoker!

Robert Schuh

Dec 18, 2001, 11:48:38 PM12/18/01
http://www.jp2creations.com/

Check out the guy's $150.00 snare drums that he charges $700.00 for and
then look at the price for the throne! There really must be MANY suckers
born every day for this guy to be selling this crap! :-)

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

"The meek shall inherit nothing" - Zappa

Soulbelly

Dec 19, 2001, 12:17:46 AM12/19/01

>http://www.jp2creations.com/

what a JOKE. i'd be curious to see how many snares he moves each month.

but lookee!! the thrones are made of "6 ply Birch and Poplar shell by Keller"

!!!!

doesn't keller only make maple shells...?

peace,
nick
soulbelly.®
http://www.soulbelly.com
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/soulbelly
http://www.trueline.com/endorse/amoroso.html
-----
"Milli Vanilli were visionaries. People today are making millions of dollars
for doing the exact same thing that they did and got ostracized for"
~ Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes

Anthony Giampa

Dec 19, 2001, 1:28:54 AM12/19/01
Geez, Nick... Birch 'adds warmth and punch' to a throne!! When will you
people learn?! =)

--

Anthony Giampa
-Impe...@vsccs.com-

"Soulbelly" <soul...@aol.com> wrote in message

David Crigger

Dec 19, 2001, 8:13:01 AM12/19/01
Man, this has sure become a pretty cold room lately...

I've never heard anything but good things about Jim Petty as repair person,
vintage parts re-creator and all-around drum craftsman. I mean I can
understand thinking a guy's prices are high, but you'd think you guys had
never seen an overpriced snare before.

This "look at the moron" sneer-fest that Rob and others have got going is
getting real old, if you ask me.

David

in article GsWT7.1128$Wk.843...@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com, Anthony

Shawn Martin

Dec 19, 2001, 10:34:10 AM12/19/01
In article <20011219001746...@mb-ba.aol.com>,
soul...@aol.com ejaculated the following...

> >http://www.jp2creations.com/
>
> what a JOKE. i'd be curious to see how many snares he moves each month.
>
> but lookee!! the thrones are made of "6 ply Birch and Poplar shell by Keller"

I have no idea what his drums are like but Jim Petty makes the best
reproduction parts in the business.
--

Shawn Martin
drummer (at) sunvalley.net

America's Ace Drummer Man Gene Krupa
http://www.drummerman.net

Shopping tip: You can get shoes for 85 cents at the bowling
alley.

Glenn Dowdy

Dec 19, 2001, 10:43:17 AM12/19/01

"David Crigger" <d...@davidcrigger.com> wrote in message

> Man, this has sure become a pretty cold room lately...
>
> I've never heard anything but good things about Jim Petty as repair
person,
> vintage parts re-creator and all-around drum craftsman. I mean I can
> understand thinking a guy's prices are high, but you'd think you guys had
> never seen an overpriced snare before.
>
> This "look at the moron" sneer-fest that Rob and others have got going is
> getting real old, if you ask me.

I feel the same way. Why on earth would I care about how someone is pricing
something on ebay. If I want to make fun of someone to feel good, I'll go
visit my wife's junior high classes.

Glenn D.

Shawn Martin

Dec 19, 2001, 3:03:39 PM12/19/01
In article <B845D21F.12721%d...@davidcrigger.com>, d...@davidcrigger.com
ejaculated the following...

> Man, this has sure become a pretty cold room lately...
>
> I've never heard anything but good things about Jim Petty as repair person,
> vintage parts re-creator and all-around drum craftsman. I mean I can
> understand thinking a guy's prices are high, but you'd think you guys had
> never seen an overpriced snare before.
>
> This "look at the moron" sneer-fest that Rob and others have got going is
> getting real old, if you ask me.

Well said. If someone thinks a drum or whatever is over-priced, don't
buy it!!! Don't waste space 10 times a day by posting whiny messages
about this choad, this crack-smoker...

Tony Kujawa

Dec 19, 2001, 3:41:27 PM12/19/01
Fact of the matter is this guy is trying to sell a Keller shelled snare drum
with a piece of shit strainer, ugly ass lugs and "special bearing edges" for a
ludicrous amount of money. You can buy a Spaun for half that.

David Crigger

Dec 19, 2001, 6:37:56 PM12/19/01
Then one should buy the Spaun, as it sounds like a great deal by comparison.

That still doesn't justify calling anyone, let only Jim Petty "a REAL Crack
smoker".

David

in article XX6U7.4545$XC5....@www.newsranger.com, Tony Kujawa at

Mark Polis

Dec 19, 2001, 5:31:29 PM12/19/01
I gotta agree there, Shawn. Plus, simply posting the hyperlink without any
clue in the body or header of the post as to which eBay auction offer is
being alluded to is a royal pain in the ass, also. Most of the time I've
seen the auction already, and just passed on to the next. Why bother?
o-----´ç Mark Polis ç b.d...@suscom.net çª-----o
--

"Shawn Martin" <m...@me.me> wrote in message

Shawn Martin

Dec 19, 2001, 7:35:32 PM12/19/01
In article <XX6U7.4545$XC5....@www.newsranger.com>,
nos...@newsranger.com ejaculated the following...

> Fact of the matter is this guy is trying to sell a Keller shelled snare drum
> with a piece of shit strainer, ugly ass lugs and "special bearing edges" for a
> ludicrous amount of money. You can buy a Spaun for half that.

The fact of the matter is you're just jumping on the bitch fest that has
started here the last couple months. A few people have decided to devote
several hours a day scouring ebay & other websites trying to find stuff
they can complain about. If you think it's overpriced then don't buy it.
I've dealt with Jim Petty on a couple occassions and anyone who HAS dealt
with him knows how good his work is & doesn't piss and moan about it.
His bearing edge work is second to none and he makes the best repro drum
parts available. If you want a Spaun, buy it. But don't put down
somebodies work when you don't have any first hand knowledge of it.

Shawn Martin

Dec 19, 2001, 9:08:41 PM12/19/01
In article <u22bu8k...@corp.supernews.com>, b.d...@suscom.net
ejaculated the following...

> I gotta agree there, Shawn. Plus, simply posting the hyperlink without any
> clue in the body or header of the post as to which eBay auction offer is
> being alluded to is a royal pain in the ass, also. Most of the time I've
> seen the auction already, and just passed on to the next. Why bother?

Hey Mark, I don't think this was originally regarding an auction. I
believe Rob found it on Jim's website. I wish I had the time to sit and
look up auctions non-stop!

Robert Schuh

Dec 20, 2001, 12:39:10 AM12/20/01
David Crigger wrote:

> Man, this has sure become a pretty cold room lately...
>
> I've never heard anything but good things about Jim Petty as repair person,
> vintage parts re-creator and all-around drum craftsman. I mean I can
> understand thinking a guy's prices are high, but you'd think you guys had
> never seen an overpriced snare before.
>
> This "look at the moron" sneer-fest that Rob and others have got going is
> getting real old, if you ask me.
>
> David

David,
I humbly apologize. I see now that we all must go through life with Rose
colored glasses and NEVER point out an injustice, con job or ANY other Bullshit
in the world. Seeing that ALL you have had to contribute lately is troll
detritus, you are now unceremoniously in my kill file. I NEVER said a thing
about this guy's repairs. I was commenting on his $100.00 worth of parts snare
drums and his inane meandering about how sharp his tools are. Bye Bye Butchy!

Robert Schuh

Dec 20, 2001, 12:42:07 AM12/20/01
Mark Polis wrote:

Thanks Shawn,
Once again you have contributed oh SO much to the world. BTW, you never let on
what you did for a living. What a sorry little troll fuck you are. Why not kill
file me like I do you? BTW, Roy Burns said he enjoyed the naked photos of you
giving Peter North a rim job from your wheel chair. HAHAHAHA

-MIKE-

Dec 20, 2001, 1:20:24 AM12/20/01
> If I want to make fun of someone to feel good,
> I'll go visit my wife's junior high classes.
>
> Glenn D.

Did you have to get her parents permission to marry her? ):-p

-MIKE-®

--
http://mikedrums.com
mi...@mikedrums.com or hit 'reply'

Glenn Dowdy

Dec 20, 2001, 2:08:59 AM12/20/01

"-MIKE-" <mi...@mikedrums.com> wrote in message

> > If I want to make fun of someone to feel good,
> > I'll go visit my wife's junior high classes.
> >
> > Glenn D.
> >

> Did you have to get her parents permission to marry her? ):-p

Nah, her mom's been married four times and her dad married a woman 20 years
younger.

I think I've mentioned _she's a teacher_, and even if I start a song with 1
& 3 on the kick for ten measures, it still sounds like "Hot for Teacher" to
her. ;)

Glenn D.

Jason LaRiviere

Dec 20, 2001, 2:47:14 AM12/20/01
Yup - he's done some amazing work for me too, and is doing a gold sparkle
dayton kit for me right now. They don't get any better than Jim Petty - but
I'd never buy a snare from him for that price all the same. Sorry Jim :-)

/Jason.

Shawn Martin <m...@me.me> wrote in message

Ronn Dunnett

Dec 20, 2001, 5:01:54 AM12/20/01
Birch 'adds warmth and punch' to a throne!! When will you
> people learn?! =)

Actually, it's that 3 burrito lunch that really adds warmth and punch to a throne.

Mark Polis

Dec 20, 2001, 4:34:45 AM12/20/01
OOoooops!!! Sorry. And sorry Rob! I better not delete my cached read posts
so often, huh?

o-----´ç Mark Polis ç b.d...@suscom.net çª-----o
--

"Shawn Martin" <m...@me.me> wrote in message

Shawn Martin

Dec 20, 2001, 10:47:26 AM12/20/01
Robert Schuh <r...@rschuh.com> wrote in message news:<3C217A2F...@rschuh.com>...

> Thanks Shawn,
> Once again you have contributed oh SO much to the world.

I'm sorry lotionboy. I forgot that your idea of a contribution has to
be something negative and have the words choad, fuck or detritus in
it..

> BTW, you never let on
> what you did for a living. What a sorry little troll fuck you are

I'm did say what I do for a living, ages ago, but your peabrain
must've been to it's 12 word comprehension limit the day I posted it.
Of course we all know what you do for a living...read ebay auctions
that you have no interest in and post whiny messages in rmmp about how
the seller is a "crack-smoker."

> Why not kill
> file me like I do you?

That's a pretty valuable killfile filter you use, one that killfiles
me and still allows you to read my responses.

BTW, Roy Burns said he enjoyed the naked photos of you
> giving Peter North a rim job from your wheel chair. HAHAHAHA

BWAHAHAHA. It's quite apparent that you have a raging 3 inch hard-on
for Peter North. I guess that your time in the pen had more of an
impact on you than any of us knew.

Shawn Martin

Dec 20, 2001, 1:07:11 PM12/20/01
"Mark Polis" <b.d...@suscom.net> wrote in message news:<u23ngg4...@corp.supernews.com>...

> OOoooops!!! Sorry. And sorry Rob! I better not delete my cached read posts
> so often, huh?

No worries. These threads get a mile deep so quick that it's
impossible to find anything anyway!

Rev. Poindexter

Dec 20, 2001, 3:28:43 PM12/20/01
In article <MPG.168a615f6...@news.velocitus.net>, Shawn
Martin <m...@me.me> wrote:

> I have no idea what his drums are like but Jim Petty makes the best
> reproduction parts in the business.

He's the only one I've found who has good repro Ludwig 60's rubber.
BTW guys, vintage canister thrones are fetching big bucks these days,
so thy would someone not make repros? I'd buy one if it looked exactly
like the ones Ludwig was making in 1965.

RP

--
Rev. Poindexter (masquerading as Scott Logsdon) - r...@NOSPAMsonormuseum.com
visit the Unofficial Sonor Virtual Museum --- www.sonormuseum.com

Shawn Martin

Dec 20, 2001, 7:10:09 PM12/20/01
In article <3C21797E...@rschuh.com>, r...@rschuh.com ejaculated the
following...

> David,
> I humbly apologize. I see now that we all must go through life with Rose
> colored glasses and NEVER point out an injustice, con job or ANY other Bullshit
> in the world.

Thank god we have Rob policing the internet for us.

>Seeing that ALL you have had to contribute lately is troll
> detritus, you are now unceremoniously in my kill file.

Better be careful Rob. Before you know it, you'll be the only person you
haven't killfiled.

--

Shawn Martin
drummer (at) sunvalley.net

America's Ace Drummer Man Gene Krupa
http://www.drummerman.net

Shopping tip: You can get shoes for 85 cents at the bowling
alley.

David Crigger

Dec 20, 2001, 10:49:12 PM12/20/01
in article MPG.168c2bcff...@news.velocitus.net, Shawn Martin at
m...@me.me wrote on 12/20/01 4:10 PM:

> In article <3C21797E...@rschuh.com>, r...@rschuh.com ejaculated the
> following...
>

>> David,
>> I humbly apologize. I see now that we all must go through life with Rose
>> colored glasses and NEVER point out an injustice, con job or ANY other
>> Bullshit
>> in the world.
>

> Thank god we have Rob policing the internet for us.

I know I'll sleep better tonight.

>> Seeing that ALL you have had to contribute lately is troll
>> detritus, you are now unceremoniously in my kill file.
>

> Better be careful Rob. Before you know it, you'll be the only person you
> haven't killfiled.

But it seems he'll still be able to read everybody's posts. :-)

David

David Crigger

Dec 20, 2001, 11:08:05 PM12/20/01
in article 3C21797E...@rschuh.com, Robert Schuh at r...@rschuh.com
wrote on 12/19/01 9:39 PM:

> David Crigger wrote:
>
>> Man, this has sure become a pretty cold room lately...
>>
>> I've never heard anything but good things about Jim Petty as repair person,
>> vintage parts re-creator and all-around drum craftsman. I mean I can
>> understand thinking a guy's prices are high, but you'd think you guys had
>> never seen an overpriced snare before.
>>
>> This "look at the moron" sneer-fest that Rob and others have got going is
>> getting real old, if you ask me.
>>
>> David
>
> David,
> I humbly apologize. I see now that we all must go through life with Rose
> colored glasses and NEVER point out an injustice, con job or ANY other
> Bullshit
> in the world.

Yes, but have anyone turn the same scrutiny in your direction and ooo boy,
you scream bloody murder with the "troll-boy", "choad"-isms, insults, and
curses. You are not pointing out injustices, you are simply insulting and
slamming people in the hopes of inflating your reputation - at least in
terms of your reputation as a big deal on this Usenet group.

So kill file me, Rob. Why should I care? You hardly ever post anything about
music or actually playing the drums, and I certainly don't care that some
awful person is over on ebay "without a clue" trying to sell something for
$10 more than you think he should.

Never having heard you play, I still get the impression that you know what's
up musically. My parting advice is to let go of all this negative energy
towards people and focus on music.

David

jmt

Dec 21, 2001, 7:41:18 AM12/21/01
Dear DC;
You said, "You hardly ever post anything

about
music or actually playing the drums,"
Gotta disagree. The Schuh seems very knowledgeable about
drums/drumming to me.
But what do I know?;
jmt

--
"I was so messed up this morning, I jumped on my tractor backwards and
unplowed 40 acres."

David Crigger

Dec 21, 2001, 9:30:03 AM12/21/01
He seems very knowledgeable about drums/drumming to me as well. But the
signal to noise ratio has become so poor, that his foul mouth/foul temper
aspects are hard to justify putting up with. I spend time here hoping to
have a good time sharing with other drummers about those things we have in
common, and am finding that hard to do in the face of so much mean-spirited
nonsense.

The main reason that I posted at all in this thread wasn't really to call
out Rob on it, as I've become well aware that that would be a total waste of
time (which from his post, it obviously was). But instead to kind of point
out to the others, who seemed more than willing to jump in on the joke, that
the joke (and I must call it a joke, as someone asking too high of a price
for a snare or a throne isn't exactly a major threat to the drum community)
was in poor taste and served no purpose but to slam someone for, I guess,
kicks. I found this sort of group/mob behavior in poor taste in junior high
school, and find it even more so in a group of this kind. Sadly this has
become representative more and more of the prevalent tone on RMMP. This is
certainly not entirely Rob's fault (though he would certainly qualify as one
of the movement's poster-boys).

In general concerning RMMP, I guess I'm more disappointed than anything.
I've spent most of my life being with musicians. I married a musician. I've
really done nothing since I was 12 but be a musician and hung with
musicians. And from rock bands to pit bands, big bands to symphony
orchestras; from film dates to horrible bus tours; from middle of the night
hip-hop programming sessions to gigs with old-fart semi-retired dixieland
players; not to mention years of this online stuff - through all of it, it's
sad to find in this group of fellow drummers, more than anywhere else, so
many that seem to be so negative towards their fellow players, so willing to
jump to the bad conclusion, and so willing to be derogatory and abusive (to
the point of personal insult, even of those they don't know from Adam). I'm
just finding sifting through the posts each day a more and more distasteful
task - and I'm becoming sure I could find better things to do with my time.

Anyway JMT, thanks for your comment. This really wasn't aimed at you
specifically, of course. Just venting some thoughts that have been building
for awhile. You have a nice holiday.

David

in article 3C232DEE...@wworld.com, jmt at mic...@wworld.com wrote on
12/21/01 4:41 AM: