Ed Bickert

R. Beltran

Apr 5, 2003, 9:53:55 AM4/5/03
Is anyone familiar with what brand/type of amp Ed Bickert uses?

Joey Goldstein

Apr 5, 2003, 10:54:41 AM4/5/03

"R. Beltran" wrote:

> Is anyone familiar with what brand/type of amp Ed Bickert uses?

Most of Ed's recorded stuff was done through a Roland Cube 60, I believe.

--
Joey Goldstein
http://www.joeygoldstein.com

Keith Murch

Apr 6, 2003, 11:44:55 AM4/6/03

"Joey Goldstein" wrote:

> Most of Ed's recorded stuff was done through a Roland Cube 60, I believe.
>
> --
> Joey Goldstein

I discussed amps with Ed Bickert a couple of times. I agree with Joey that
Ed used his orange Roland Cube 60 for many years, but there were others...
When I asked him about the Roland, he said that it gave him the sound that
he wanted and what he liked most of all was that it was light enough to
carry around. He told me that his favourite amp was an old Standel that he
had many years ago. My brother (Glenn Murch of Murch Music) sponsored some
jazz concerts, many of which featured Ed. After one of the concerts, we gave
Ed an Evans amp from Murch Music to try and let us know what he thought of
it. He called me a few days later and said he really liked the amp and
wanted to take it on tour with the Boss Brass. Every time I saw Ed play
after that, he used the Evans. He still has it, although I don't believe he
is playing at all these days.
Keith Murch