any odd time signature drum machines / metronomes?

sheetsofsound

Jul 1, 2010, 11:04:06 PM7/1/10
I'm not into programming my own drum beats necessarily. I just want
something flexible enough to do compound time signatures such as 4/4 |
7/8 such as Damian Erskine's Fif (http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=E0WD6vm9HVw)

sheetsofsound

Jul 1, 2010, 11:21:03 PM7/1/10

P.S.

I re-downloaded weird metronome and it's really cool for odd time
signatures.

Claus Rogge

Jul 2, 2010, 3:21:57 AM7/2/10
The drum machine in my looper (Boss RC-50) can do that

--
Music at the iTunes Store:
http://tinyurl.com/57ots3

JonD

Jul 2, 2010, 4:31:37 AM7/2/10
Try here - http://advanced.bestmetronome.com/

This is easily the best I've found online or anywhere else. Fully
programmable. Any BPM, any time signature, any rhythm, multiple click
sounds (or combination)

Jon

sheetsofsound

Jul 2, 2010, 7:08:11 AM7/2/10

isn't the programming awkward on those things?

sheetsofsound

Jul 2, 2010, 2:52:23 PM7/2/10

Just found the solution:

http://bouncemetronome.com/

icarusi

Jul 2, 2010, 6:11:27 PM7/2/10
"sheetsofsound" <jackz...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:815c494b-b64d-4dbf-92f8- > isn't the programming awkward on those
things?

>>Just found the solution:

http://bouncemetronome.com/<<

Can it do 'Camel Hump' (IIRC 7/8-7/8-7/8-8/8)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8uIwX3i6E0

icarusi
--

remove the 00 to reply
http://icarusi.wordpress.com/

skip

Jul 3, 2010, 2:09:38 AM7/3/10
On Jul 2, 4:31 pm, JonD <delaney....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try here -http://advanced.bestmetronome.com/

lot of fun and easy to use too
Skip

Claus Rogge

Jul 4, 2010, 7:24:53 AM7/4/10
sheetsofsound <jackz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> isn't the programming awkward on those things?

i don愒 think so but it愀 very limited of course. You have certain
patterns that you can愒 change.

Message has been deleted

Neer

Jul 5, 2010, 4:25:26 PM7/5/10
On Jul 1, 11:04 pm, sheetsofsound <jackzuc...@gmail.com> wrote:

The most flexible piece of metronome software that I know of is Bounce
Metronome. The Polyrhythms function alone makes it worth the cost.
Also, you can purchase it as part of a program called Tune Smithy,
which is also an incredible piece of software that I hope I can find
enough time in this lifetime to explore to its fullest.

http://robertinventor.com/software/tunesmithy/music.htm
http://bouncemetronome.com/metronome-software.htm

I know much has been said against practicing with a metronome, and I
never have subscribed to it, until I starting investigating Lennie
Tristano and Warne Marsh deeply and being blow away by the fact that
they played some of the most complex polyrhythmic stuff, without any
regard for the bar line, and always knew where they were. I am
currently trying to work through a book written by a pianist who was a
longtime student of Tristano.

sheetsofsound

Jul 5, 2010, 4:48:22 PM7/5/10
On Jul 5, 4:25 pm, Neer <ionahoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 1, 11:04 pm, sheetsofsound <jackzuc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not into programming my own drum beats necessarily. I just want
> > something flexible enough to do compound time signatures such as 4/4 |
> > 7/8 such as Damian Erskine's Fif (http://www.youtube.com/watch?
> > v=E0WD6vm9HVw)
>
> The most flexible piece of metronome software that I know of is Bounce
> Metronome.  The Polyrhythms function alone makes it worth the cost.
> Also, you can purchase it as part of a program called Tune Smithy,
> which is also an incredible piece of software that I hope I can find
> enough time in this lifetime to explore to its fullest.
>
> http://robertinventor.com/software/tunesmithy/music.htmhttp://bouncemetronome.com/metronome-software.htm

> I know much has been said against practicing with a metronome, and I
> never have subscribed to it, until I starting investigating Lennie
> Tristano and Warne Marsh deeply and being blow away by the fact that
> they played some of the most complex polyrhythmic stuff, without any
> regard for the bar line, and always knew where they were.  I am
> currently trying to work through a book written by a pianist who was a
> longtime student of Tristano.

the current version of this software doesn't handle complex time sigs
such as 4/4 + 7/8 properly. The author is very responsive however and
he's got a big fix already in place that he's testing. I'm hoping to
get a beta version of it soon. The GUI is a bit terse on this but it's
got a lot of features.

Neer

Jul 5, 2010, 7:24:23 PM7/5/10
On Jul 5, 4:48 pm, sheetsofsound <jackzuc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 5, 4:25 pm, Neer <ionahoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 1, 11:04 pm, sheetsofsound <jackzuc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I'm not into programming my own drum beats necessarily. I just want
> > > something flexible enough to do compound time signatures such as 4/4 |
> > > 7/8 such as Damian Erskine's Fif (http://www.youtube.com/watch?
> > > v=E0WD6vm9HVw)
>
> > The most flexible piece of metronome software that I know of is Bounce
> > Metronome.  The Polyrhythms function alone makes it worth the cost.
> > Also, you can purchase it as part of a program called Tune Smithy,
> > which is also an incredible piece of software that I hope I can find
> > enough time in this lifetime to explore to its fullest.
>
> >http://robertinventor.com/software/tunesmithy/music.htmhttp://bouncem...

> > I know much has been said against practicing with a metronome, and I
> > never have subscribed to it, until I starting investigating Lennie
> > Tristano and Warne Marsh deeply and being blow away by the fact that
> > they played some of the most complex polyrhythmic stuff, without any
> > regard for the bar line, and always knew where they were.  I am
> > currently trying to work through a book written by a pianist who was a
> > longtime student of Tristano.
>
> the current version of this software doesn't handle complex time sigs
> such as 4/4 + 7/8 properly. The author is very responsive however and
> he's got a big fix already in place that he's testing. I'm hoping to
> get a beta version of it soon. The GUI is a bit terse on this but it's
> got a lot of features.

Can you elaborate on that problem for me? I really like the
polyrhythmic metronome. Also, some of the Tune Smithy stuff is very
cool.

sheetsofsound

Jul 6, 2010, 7:20:37 AM7/6/10

Just what I posted earlier. I was trying to get a compound time sig of
15/8 with the first 4 bars in half time. In other words
| 4/4 | 7/8 |

It wouldn't play them serially. Instead, it played a bar of 4/4 with a
bar of 7/8 superimposed in 1/2 (as 7/16) time over the last part of
the 4/4 measure.

Robert Walker

Aug 2, 2010, 8:55:32 AM8/2/10
The latest version of Bounce Metronome Pro has just been released :-).

Now has a special metronome for rhythms like 4/4 + 7/8
.
To find them it after you download and install the program look in the
droplist of metronomes in the main window.

Download here:

http://www.bouncemetronome.com/metronome-download.htm

What's new in the upload:
http://www.bouncemetronome.com/whats_new.htm

Main page:
http://www.bouncemetronome.com/

I think the issues with the time signatures with mixed note types such
as 4/4 + 7/8 are sorted out and should be much easier to use them and
more intuitive, hopefully.

If there are any more questions, suggestions or bug reports just let me
know!

Thanks,

Robert (Walker)
(author of Bounce Metronome Pro).

sheetsofsound

Aug 2, 2010, 8:06:35 PM8/2/10

Just purchased! Thanks for a great tool.

Neer

Aug 2, 2010, 10:39:18 PM8/2/10
On Aug 2, 8:55 am, Robert Walker <use...@robertinventor.com> wrote:

I'm very happy with the metronome, as well.

Robert Walker

Aug 3, 2010, 6:03:36 AM8/3/10
Great :-)

Thanks,