Louis Stewart - Litha

Graham

Sep 11, 2010, 8:49:29 AM9/11/10
This is from a superb Louis Stewart LP from 1979, 'I Thought About
You', which has been unavailable for years as far as I know, and never
made it to CD.

Having just 'digitised' my vinyl copy, I have put up one of the best
tracks, 'Litha', so people can have a chance to hear it. Check it out
- I think you will enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJLnheRYcwA

The line-up is:
Louis Stewart - guitar
John Taylor - piano
Sam Jones - bass
Billy Higgins - drums.

Somewhere there is an ideal parallel universe where stuff like this
remains available, while the other 99% of rubbish that the record
companies spew out disappears instantly into a black hole.

Graham

Mark Guest

Sep 11, 2010, 10:49:35 AM9/11/10

Beautiful. What a great way to start a cool, rainy day in the
mountains!

All the best,

Mark Guest
Jazz Guitar
www.markguest.net
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markguest

Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do
without."
Confucius (c.551-479 BC)

Dan Adler

Sep 11, 2010, 12:22:42 PM9/11/10
On Sep 11, 8:49 am, Graham <graham...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

Wow, that's some of his best playing ever, and not a bad rhythm
section either.

I can't find any trace of the album anywhere though :-(

-Dan
http://danadler.com

Des Higgins

Sep 11, 2010, 12:49:15 PM9/11/10
> -Danhttp://danadler.com- Hide quoted text -

I spent ages looking for it on the net. It was only ever issued as
vinyl so I tried to see if I could get one second hand I saw one go
fro 50euro or so on ebay. I eventually bought one for close to that
from a french second hand music handler. It is wonderful music but I
have not digitised it yet. I better do so in case I sit on it or
something.

Des

Graham

Sep 11, 2010, 3:31:48 PM9/11/10
OK guys I feel so sorry for you being deprived of this music, that I
have zipped the whole LP as MP3s here:

http://www.filedropper.com/louisstewart-ithoughtaboutyou

Enjoy!

Graham

Bg

Sep 11, 2010, 3:37:13 PM9/11/10
Here's another one with Louis playing that tune with Getz, certainly
sounds like Getz.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHtv9vkhNXQ>

Bg

Dan Adler

Sep 11, 2010, 4:21:50 PM9/11/10

That is just incredible! Thanks so much! Louis is killing on this.

-Dan
http://danadler.com

Paul K

Sep 11, 2010, 6:28:03 PM9/11/10

Des Higgins

Sep 11, 2010, 6:59:45 PM9/11/10

I think you have just made a pile of people happy!

Paul Mitchell Brown

Sep 11, 2010, 7:13:45 PM9/11/10

Classic early LS! Thanks Graham.

pmfan57

Sep 12, 2010, 1:53:30 AM9/12/10

This, along with Milesian Source, is Louis best playing if you ask
me. I had this on cassette years ago but someone pulled all the tape
out, tangling and ruining it.

Dan Adler

Sep 12, 2010, 6:29:39 AM9/12/10

I agree! (not about the cassette)

-Dan
http://danadler.com

tom walls

Sep 12, 2010, 8:12:12 AM9/12/10
On Sep 11, 3:31 pm, Graham <graham...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

Thanks Graham!

Paul Mitchell Brown

Sep 12, 2010, 8:33:21 AM9/12/10
Graham,

You don't by any chance have Ronnie Scott's "Serious Gold" featuring
Louis? I'd love to hear that one.

Dan Adler

Sep 12, 2010, 9:36:20 AM9/12/10
On Sep 12, 8:33 am, Paul Mitchell Brown <paulmitchellbr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Graham,
>
> You don't by any chance have Ronnie Scott's "Serious Gold" featuring
> Louis? I'd love to hear that one.

I used to have that on LP - that's another great one I'd get in line
for too!

Another out-of-print one I'd love to hear again is the trio with
George Shearing where they play "Windows"...

-Dan
http://danadler.com

Webley L. Webster

Sep 12, 2010, 11:30:18 AM9/12/10

Google:

"george shearing" + "windows" site:blogspot.com

pmfan57

Sep 12, 2010, 11:57:56 AM9/12/10

I think I have that on LP. Did it have NHOP?

Graham

Sep 12, 2010, 12:19:45 PM9/12/10
Funny you should mention 'Serious Gold' - I borrowed it from a friend
only recently and made a copy.

I'll see if I can make it available!

Graham

On 12 Sep, 13:33, Paul Mitchell Brown <paulmitchellbr...@gmail.com>

tom walls

Sep 12, 2010, 12:58:07 PM9/12/10

You start taking requests, you're going to be here all week! [not that
there's anything wrong with that]

Graham

Sep 12, 2010, 1:18:56 PM9/12/10
Well I just happen to have those 2 on the computer right now, so no
big deal.

There ain't nothing else though!

Graham

Dan Adler

Sep 12, 2010, 2:31:19 PM9/12/10

Excellent!

"Getting the swing of things" is there too...

-Dan
http://danadler.com

Nice Dan from UK

Sep 12, 2010, 2:36:58 PM9/12/10

Thanks for sharing Graham!

There's a kinda Martino vibe to the "I.T.A.You" album, great stuff.

guitarnostic

Sep 13, 2010, 12:12:58 PM9/13/10
On Sep 11, 8:49 am, Graham <graham...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

Great playing on a great tune. Always dug Litha since Getz "Sweet
Rain". Never understood why more people don't play it.

Kevin Van Sant

Sep 15, 2010, 5:21:23 PM9/15/10
On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 12:31:48 -0700 (PDT), Graham
<grah...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
<2fc41321-b24c-4feb...@a30g2000vbt.googlegroups.com> :

thanks Graham!

Kevin Van Sant

all my CDs in Mp3 form at:
http://www.kevinvansant.com

Ken Scott

Nov 16, 2020, 11:19:41 AM11/16/20
the whole 3 LPs with George Shearing + LS + NHOP are available on iTunes.

Gerry

Nov 16, 2020, 1:37:53 PM11/16/20
What are these 3 lp's named?