Machines of Loving Grace

1 view

Bonzo

Feb 9, 1994, 12:32:02 AM2/9/94

What's the deal? I haven't been here in a couple of weeks and _no one's_
focusing on _Concentration_?!!??

todd

Feb 9, 1994, 10:46:26 PM2/9/94
they are playing in Tucson on this Friday Feb 11 at the Buena Vista
Theatre-tickets are six bucks for students-8 for all else.

Woody Hanscom

Feb 10, 1994, 6:08:10 AM2/10/94
In article <2j9sgi$n...@panix2.panix.com>, buf...@panix.com (Bonzo) wrote:

> What's the deal? I haven't been here in a couple of weeks and _no one's_
> focusing on _Concentration_?!!??

<grin> Ya missed it...there was some babble about it a while back, but
seems to have petered out. Hmpf.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind a little more info on these guys...I’ve got
what I can find by them, including the BLBT single (is this really out of
print?), but am wondering if there are any singles from the new
album...’specially Butterfly Wings or Trigger For Happiness. Any info?

/========================================================================\
| Woody | Anybody intelligent enough to run the |
| as...@aurora.alaska.edu | country is going to be too smart to get |
\==========================| into politics in the first place. -Herman- |
\=============================================/

Jon Drukman

Feb 10, 1994, 1:12:57 PM2/10/94
as...@aurora.alaska.edu (Woody Hanscom) writes:
>Personally, I wouldn't mind a little more info on these guys...I've got
>what I can find by them, including the BLBT single (is this really out of
>print?), but am wondering if there are any singles from the new
>album...'specially Butterfly Wings or Trigger For Happiness. Any info?

There is a single for Butterfly Wings with two Meat Beat Manifesto
remixes and a mix by someone named Lamar Lowder. The MBM mixes are
very good.

Jon Drukman jdrukman%dls...@oracle.com
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence.

Chris Otto

Feb 10, 1994, 6:58:48 PM2/10/94
In article <asrdr-100...@uaa-du-01-04.alaska.edu>
as...@aurora.alaska.edu (Woody Hanscom) writes:
> print?), but am wondering if there are any singles from the new
> album... specially Butterfly Wings or Trigger For Happiness. Any info?

There are promotional radio singles for Butterfly Wings (and possibly
Acceleration?) and other promotional Butterfly singles, but not released
singles in stores. There is also a new single Perfect Tan with some Die
Warzau remixes coming soon. Probably only promotional though. They're
out there if you look for 'em.

hasta,
otto.

Kenneth Little

Feb 10, 1994, 8:17:23 PM2/10/94
Just finished shooting their video last week in L.A. by the same director
as B.W.....the new video is "Perfect Tan." The single will be out in the
next couple o' weeks.....after that, their next single and video will be for
"Limiter."

Hope this helps...

ken

Destiny

Feb 10, 1994, 10:57:27 PM2/10/94
Bonzo (buf...@panix.com) wrote:

: What's the deal? I haven't been here in a couple of weeks and _no one's_
: focusing on _Concentration_?!!??

Uhh, maybe because this is rec.music.industrial? Try alt.music.machines.of.
loving.grace..

It gets about, oh, one message every two weeks. --des...@netcom.com

Bonzo

Feb 14, 1994, 4:40:11 PM2/14/94
todd (to...@goat.geo.arizona.edu) wrote:
: they are playing in Tucson on this Friday Feb 11 at the Buena Vista
: Theatre-tickets are six bucks for students-8 for all else.

How was the show? Who opened?

BT

Bonzo

Feb 14, 1994, 4:45:53 PM2/14/94
Woody Hanscom (as...@aurora.alaska.edu) wrote:

: In article <2j9sgi$n...@panix2.panix.com>, buf...@panix.com (Bonzo) wrote:

: >
: > What's the deal? I haven't been here in a couple of weeks and _no one's_
: > focusing on _Concentration_?!!??

: <grin> Ya missed it...there was some babble about it a while back, but
: seems to have petered out. Hmpf.

: Personally, I wouldn’t mind a little more info on these guys...I’ve got
: what I can find by them, including the BLBT single (is this really out of
: print?), but am wondering if there are any singles from the new
: album...’specially Butterfly Wings or Trigger For Happiness. Any info?

I've got a way cool mix of "Butterfly Wings" ("sins of commission" mix) from a
sampler called SPEW 4TH. If you ever see it, nab it.

BT

Bonzo

Feb 14, 1994, 4:52:31 PM2/14/94
Chris Otto (ot...@cmn3.Stanford.EDU) wrote:
: In article <asrdr-100...@uaa-du-01-04.alaska.edu>

: hasta,
: otto.

Dude!

Thanks for the tips!

BT

Dennis Wahlgren

Feb 14, 1994, 7:38:55 PM2/14/94
They just played here in San Diego last night. Great show but I have two
problems with their live shows (saw 'em a few weeks ago with MLWTTKK): it was
way too fuckin' loud and the vocals are far too "up front" for my taste--they
smother all the hip rhythms, samples and the groovy effects on the guitar. Of
course, when the singer's mic channel went south for about 3 minutes last
night, I was in heaven--a dub version of their stuff is truly happenin'!

-->Clever Mutant

Bruno Fernandes

Feb 14, 1994, 7:39:16 PM2/14/94

I'll make this short... I just want the name of the album containing
Butterfly Wings. ?? :)

I'm keeping a list and I've found that I have just too many entires with
question marks in place of titles, etc... :)

Bruno

--
"Also believe that peanut butter | The ideas expressed may very well be my
and bacon have been neglected as | own - or they may be stolen from others.

Stephen Clover

Feb 14, 1994, 9:39:21 PM2/14/94

perhaps it is, if like me, eveyone _else_ found it utterly boring

perhapes?

steve/
--
"hey poor! you don't have to be poor anymore!"

Chris Otto

Feb 15, 1994, 2:06:57 AM2/15/94
In article <CL8pt...@erin.utoronto.ca> e0f1...@tuzo.erin (Bruno
Fernandes) writes:
> I'll make this short... I just want the name of the album containing
> Butterfly Wings. ?? :)
>
> I'm keeping a list and I've found that I have just too many entires with
> question marks in place of titles, etc... :)
>
> Bruno

Concentration.

I know this is a bit overkill, but, hey,...
they're discography as I know it is:

-Machines of Loving Grace (original demo cassette)

-Machines of Loving Grace (album, CD on Mammoth)

-Rite of Shiva (single, 2 remixes, & b-side - All I Really
Need, vinyl and CD on Mammoth)

-Burn Like Brilliant Trash (at Jackie's Funeral) (single, 3
remixes (by Trent Reznor), vinyl and CD on Mammoth)

-Concentration (album, CD on Mammoth/Atlantic)

-Butterfly Wings (single, 1 remix (by Meat Beat Manifesto),
promotional vinyl and promotional CD on Mammoth/Atlantic)

-Butterfly Wings (single, 3 remixes (by Meat Beat Manifesto
and Lamar Lowder), promotional CD on Mammoth/Atlantic)

??-Acceleration (single, b-side - Trigger for Happiness,
promotional vinyl and promotional CD on Mammoth/Atlantic)

coming soon--
-Perfect Tan (single, 3 remixes (by Die Warzau), promotional
CD on Mammoth/Atlantic

-Golgotha (song on soundtrack to "The Crow", CD on Atlantic)

Can any o' you guys in Tucson fix any of that?

hasta,
otto.

Bruno Fernandes

Feb 15, 1994, 11:02:51 AM2/15/94
Thanks for the album name and the discography as well. I haven't been
able to keep up with discographies since the new accounts here at this
university don't allow ftp this year (i've located the same stuff through
gopher, but our server is extremely flaky).

Bruno.