NIN in Tucson!

Chris Otto

Mar 21, 1994, 10:32:13 PM3/21/94
In article <2mkhag$i...@auggie.CCIT.Arizona.EDU>
pa...@bigdog.engr.arizona.edu (The Silicon Avatar) writes:
> : Awesome show, I might add. Pretty goddamn hot up there close to the
stage,
> I heard rumour that someone got a nice gash on his face... and that was
> the only major injury. Anything else happen up there?
>
> "cause the drummer was herniated" (this is what I hear, anyway).
>
> An altogether fine performance...
>
> Paul

Yeah, it was incredible, even compared to the SF shows last week.
The lights and everything are coming together into an amazing show.
Don't miss NIN later if you saw them at a rehearsal show!
And this was the most "into it" I've seen band. The guitarist never made
it into the crowd before. ;) And I haven't seen bouncers help people
stage dive and let people dance on stage like that!

Supposedly the drummer's having surgery today, or something like that.

One gash on the face, one broken or sprained arm, and at least one broken
thumb, that's what I saw on my way out -- normal evening at the club,
eh?...

hasta....

Wai Cheng

Mar 22, 1994, 3:45:19 AM3/22/94
Chris Otto (ot...@cmn12.Stanford.EDU) wrote:
: In article <2mkhag$i...@auggie.CCIT.Arizona.EDU>

jon e roig

Mar 22, 1994, 4:07:16 AM3/22/94
I dunno about that show...
I want to say it was great - it was pretty good, but there was no opening
band, they started way late, and they didn't play for very long.

but I liked it so I should shut up.

they were supposed to play tonight after Jim Rose, but they ended up
bailing... oh well.

I had to wait around last night for my drunk friends to gather themselves
together so we could leave, and I ended up meeting danny, the guitarist
keyboardist guy... amazingly nice human being. I just shot the shit with
him for like 45 minutes.
...no, i'm not saying that makes me cool or anything, it was just kinda neat.

whatever.

--
-------
Female cheerleaders are cute, sexy, fresh, and all-American.

The Silicon Avatar

Mar 21, 1994, 11:17:20 AM3/21/94
: Awesome show, I might add. Pretty goddamn hot up there close to the stage,
: though. Trent kept taking a gulp or two out of a bottle of water and then
: dumping in the front couple rows, which was a nice touch.

: Maybe next time though the roadies could set the damn thing up a little sooner
: so there isn't such a wait.

Hot up close to the stage? It was hot everywhere... man, I was just
sitting in the third row screaming and it was getting pretty sweaty in
there, too.

Hehe, the roadies were setting up both before and DURING the show. Damn,
can't Trent lay off on that poor mic stand? I mean, the keyboard "I
never liked that part anyway" was a nice touch, but the microphone just
got out of hand (literally).

I heard rumour that someone got a nice gash on his face... and that was
the only major injury. Anything else happen up there?

I'm slightly disappointed he didn't do "Buttfuck Parlor Time" (that rap
song). And, I'm also disappointed that they're not doing a followup show

"cause the drummer was herniated" (this is what I hear, anyway).

An altogether fine performance...

Paul

Paul Richards | "Against stupidity the very gods
pa...@bigdog.engr.arizona.edu | themselves contend in vain."
100 E. Strada Patania | Schiller - "Maid of Orleans"
Tucson, AZ, USA 85737-9442 |

J MacNish

Mar 22, 1994, 2:02:35 PM3/22/94

The Silicon Avatar <pa...@bigdog.engr.arizona.edu> wrote:
>Hot up close to the stage? It was hot everywhere... man, I was just
>sitting in the third row screaming and it was getting pretty sweaty in
>there, too.

The lights were just killers. The body crush close to the stage made all
the difference I think. That theater didn't help too much either, with
it's zero venilation.

>Hehe, the roadies were setting up both before and DURING the show. Damn,
>can't Trent lay off on that poor mic stand? I mean, the keyboard "I
>never liked that part anyway" was a nice touch, but the microphone just
>got out of hand (literally).

My friend almost got that microphone! He was trying to unscrew it, but
he couldn't do it in time. Poor roadies. That keyboard smash was a work
of genius :). Pretty physical performance.

>I heard rumour that someone got a nice gash on his face... and that was
>the only major injury. Anything else happen up there?

I saw this guy come out with two gouges on his back. Someone jumped off
the stage onto my head (ow!). Awesome. My shirt, amazingly, is still in
1 piece.

>I'm slightly disappointed he didn't do "Buttfuck Parlor Time" (that rap
>song). And, I'm also disappointed that they're not doing a followup show
>"cause the drummer was herniated" (this is what I hear, anyway).

I wanted a longer show, 70 minutes is too short. But they ended nice.

>An altogether fine performance...

Awesome. I gotta go get myself a new copy of broken.

> Paul

Jesse