Video with Lata and Hridaynath

Srinivas Ganti

Dec 14, 2008, 3:26:07 PM12/14/08
I just caught a glimpse of a video with Lata singing and Hridaynath
playing the Harmonium on the local TV channel. It also shows a young
girl in aboat with a backdrop old buildings.

The only words I cud catch were " sun mere saajan, sun mere meeta?"

Does anyone know more about this ?

Srinivas

shand...@googlemail.com

Dec 14, 2008, 7:42:59 PM12/14/08
Just a wild guess....but would this be one of the videos for Lata's
Soor Meera Kabira (I think that's the order). I vaguely remember one
of the bhajans on that
recording having those lyrics by Kabir. The video, as I remember it,
was shot against the backdrop of the ghats at Varanasi.

Yours,
Sandip.

Message has been deleted

Srinivas Ganti

Dec 14, 2008, 11:26:51 PM12/14/08
You are right. The song songs with " arre dil mere man" and album is
"meera soor kabira".

Interesting day as I came across "meera soor kabira" twice,
first on TV and then in "slumdog millionare" where one of the
questions is -

Who wrote darshan do ghanshyam ?
with all above three and Tulsidas as choices

Srinivas

Rahul Upadhyaya

Dec 24, 2008, 3:54:29 PM12/24/08
In the movie, "Slumdog Millionare", Sant Surdas is given credit for
this song. Although similar sentiments have been expressed in Sur
bhajans, this song from the movie Narsi Bhagat could be penned by the
lyricist Gopal Singh Nepali. However, smriti.com website (http://
smriti.com/hindi-songs/darashan-do-ghanashyaam-naath-morii-ankhiyaan-
pyaasii-re-utf8) gives credit to Narasi Mehta.

Does anybody have any credible source to shed some light?

Best regards
Rahul
http://mere--words.blogspot.com/

On Dec 14, 8:26 pm, Srinivas Ganti <sga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You are right. The song songs with  " arre dil mere man" and album is
> "meera soor kabira".
>
> Interesting day as I came across "meera soor kabira" twice,

> first on TV and then in "slumdogmillionare" where one of the

Rahul Upadhyaya

Dec 24, 2008, 6:34:51 PM12/24/08
In the movie, "Slumdog Millionare", Sant Surdas is given credit for
this song. Although similar sentiments have been expressed in Sur
bhajans, this song from the movie Narsi Bhagat could be penned by the
lyricist Gopal Singh Nepali.

However, smriti.com website (http://smriti.com/hindi-songs/darashan-do-
ghanashyaam-naath-morii-ankhiyaan-
pyaasii-re-utf8) gives credit to Narasi Mehta.

Does anyone have any credible source to shed some light?

Best regards
Rahul

http://mere--words.blogspot.com/

maheshks

Dec 25, 2008, 3:35:53 AM12/25/08
> > Srinivas- Hide quoted text -

Darshan do ghanshyam nath...is written by Gopal Singh Nepali for the
movie....narsi bhagat and not by soordas or nasrsinh mehta.

while narsinh mehta wrote in his native language, the original written
by soordasji was.....akhiyaan hari darsan ki pyaasi.

maheshks

Feb 15, 2009, 6:28:52 PM2/15/09
> by soordasji was.....akhiyaan hari darsan ki pyaasi.- Hide quoted text -

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Slumdog-runs-into-controversy-over-song-credit/articleshow/4133665.cms

Abhay Jain

Mar 1, 2009, 5:29:16 PM3/1/09

"maheshks" <emkay...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Slumdog-runs-into-controversy-over-song-credit/articleshow/4133665.cms

Son of Mr. G. S. Nepali missed a point by stating that his father's name
should have been included in the lits of answers. Fact is that
correct answer had to be a poem written by Surdas as the whole premise
of question about blind.

Only in India one can be a millionare by giving wrong answer.
Hence the movie with such a flaw should not be worthy of Oscar. Oh well.
Exxcitement of desis over movie winning oscar just goes to show
gratification
of getting a certification by shwet twacha.

Jay

Mar 1, 2009, 8:27:21 PM3/1/09
On Mar 2, 3:29 am, "Abhay Jain" <abjuk0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "maheshks" <emkaysha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Slumdog-runs-into-controversy-over...

> Son of Mr. G. S. Nepali missed a point by stating that his father's name
> should have been included in the lits of answers. Fact is that
> correct answer had to be a poem written by Surdas as the whole premise
> of question about blind.
>
> Only in India one can be a millionare by giving wrong answer.
> Hence the movie with such a flaw should not be worthy of Oscar. Oh well.
> Exxcitement of desis over movie winning oscar just goes to show
> gratification
> of getting a certification by shwet twacha.- Hide quoted text -

Gentleman:
I have this record N52098 of Narsi Bhagat by Hemant/Manna Dey/Sudha -
Part I, in my library. Though G.S Nepali has penned the lyrics for
THAT FILM, the song in question is 'paramparik' and NOT CREDITED to
G.S.Nepali. No record was issued for Part II.
Jay
2/3