RJGK 68 : zaraa sii baat Sahir kii (REVISED AGAIN!!!)

Neha Desai

May 30, 2007, 11:37:06 PM5/30/07
to rjg...@hotmail.com
Please use this post. The clues were numbered incorrectly(missing #15,
so that has been corrected) and also the clue that is now #21(was
previously #22) was incorrect, so that has been replaced!

--
Neha

RJGK-68 : Zaraa sii Baat Sahir kii

Introduction:
-----------------
Occasionally, you come across songs containing words or
phrases which linger on in your mind long after the song
has ended. These phrases often make such an impression
on you that they become a sort of a 'signature' of the
song. You need but to come across the signature phrase
to be instantly reminded of the entire song! The annals
of RMIM are replete with mentions of such songs and
phrases; to name just a few: "tuute hue patavaar",
"saa.nso.n me.n itar","ek kashtii sau tuufaa.N",
"dharm kii mohare.n"....

Add to this, the magic of Sahir! A poet and lyricist who
needs no introduction. If you are a music lover and do
not know Sahir, you are obviously missing the most important
ingredient of hindi film music. For the pleasure of getting
to know more of Sahir you can surf below:

http://www.sahirludhianvi.com/blog/index.php/category/articles/
http://www.urdustan.com/adeeb/sahir.htm

Some such remarkable and noteworthy phrases are precisely
what we have chosen for this RJGK episode. We will query
you with a short phrase from the mukha.Daa or antaraa of
a Hindi film song writteby Sahir, and you are expected to
respond with the first few words from the beginning of the
song's mukha.Daa. For example, this is the type of clue you
will encounter:

clue: jhuulaa dhanak kaa

answer:
phailii huii hai sapno.n kii baahe.n

This is all you need for scoring. You can also add some
comments and/or impressions about the song/singer/MD/lyricist/...
You can even send in non-competitive entries (just let us
know if yours is non-competitive). We are flexible like
that :-) And, also as usual, you can send in any number
of entries until the deadline.

We have quizzed you before on the same lines:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.music.indian.misc/browse_thread/thread/6=1944ba1f0432062/40017fcc12e7ac0f?lnkgst&qzaraa+si+baat&rnum6#40017=fcc12e7ac0f

RULES OF RJGK 68:
1 The Golden Rule (of all RJGKs):

DO NOT POST answers/corrections/comments/questions ON THE NET!

All responses to the quiz, including answers, comments,
suggestions, and questions should be emailed to the
quizmasters at
<rjgk68 @ gmail.com>
(Remove spaces from the address before sending mail)

2 DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Jun 21st, 2006.

3 QUIZ 'ROUNDS' and TIERED SCORING:
We will be posting the quiz in two 'rounds'. The clues
in Round 1 will simply be a 2-4 word phrase from the
antaraa or mukha.Daa of a song. Each correct answer
will fetch you 2 points. In Round 2, more elaborate
clues will be provided: more words from the same line,
more lines of the same song, or other helpful subclues.
Each correct answer in Round 2 will get you 1 point.
Round 2 will be posted Jun 14th.

4 You can send in any number of entries in the first or
second round. If you answer correctly in Round 1, you'll
get 2 points. If you answer correctly only in Round 2,
you'll get 1 point. If you find more than 1 song with
the phrase in round 1, you get 2 points per song identified.
If you do not answer correctly, you will get no [0] points) :-)

About RJGK:
-----------
"RJGK" stands for R(m)im-Jhim Geeton Ki. This is a quiz
series that is a much beloved part of life on RMIM. For
more information or to peruse the contents of past RJGKs,
search the RMIM archives (Google is your friend) or visit
Aashish Thakker's archives of Sami Mohammed's and Satish
Subramanian's RMIMs pages at:
http://thaxi.usc.edu/rmim/sami/sami.html
and http://thaxi.usc.edu/rmim/satish/rmim.html
respectively.

Without further ado, here are the clues for Round 1. Enjoy!
And don't forget:

DO NOT POST ANSWERS/COMMENTS/QUESTIONS/SUGGESTIONS ON THE NET.

E-mail them to us at rjgk68 @ gmail.com (remove the spaces)

1 sharaabii ra.ng ghol de

2 vyaakul nai.naa abhaage

3 gagan kii oT se

4 lobhii bha.Nvaro.n ne

5 des paraayaa log begaane

6 leharo.n kii shahanaa_ii

7 ruuh taskiin paa sakegii

8 zulf\-o\-rukhasaar kii jannat

9 gesuo.n kii ghanii chhaa.Nv

10. dharatii naGame gaaegii

11. haalaat ke tapate tuufaa.n

12. maramarii baaho.n kaa sahaaraa

13. man ke nai.n hazaar

14. merii shariir nigaaho.n

15. a.njaan hazaaro.n hai.n

16. nashe ke ghuu.NT

17. adhakhilii zard kaliyaa.n

18. roshanii ka jhurmat hai

19. pathhar hai bhagwaan nahii

20. chuum luu.N kiraN kiraN

21. durlabh belaa

22. sholo.n me lipaTii javaanii

23. garm saa.nso.n me.n chhipe raaz

24. niyaat kaa Khalal

25. adharo.n me.n trishhNaa

Enjoy

Neha Desai And U.V.Ravindra
rjgk68 @ gmail.com (remove spaces)

vijay...@my-deja.com

May 31, 2007, 12:15:51 AM5/31/07
On May 30, 11:37 pm, Neha Desai <nehar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please use this post. The clues were numbered incorrectly(missing #15,
> so that has been corrected) and also the clue that is now #21(was
> previously #22) was incorrect, so that has been replaced!
>
> --
> Neha
>
> RJGK-68 : Zaraa sii Baat Sahir kii
>
> Introduction:
> -----------------
> Occasionally, you come across songs containing words or
> phrases which linger on in your mind long after the song
> has ended. These phrases often make such an impression
> on you that they become a sort of a 'signature' of the
> song. You need but to come across the signature phrase
> to be instantly reminded of the entire song! The annals
> of RMIM are replete with mentions of such songs and
> phrases; to name just a few: "tuute hue patavaar",
> "saa.nso.n me.n itar","ek kashtii sau tuufaa.N",
> "dharm kii mohare.n"....
>
> Add to this, the magic of Sahir! A poet and lyricist who
> needs no introduction. If you are a music lover and do
> not know Sahir, you are obviously missing the most important
> ingredient of hindi film music. For the pleasure of getting
> to know more of Sahir you can surf below:
>
> http://www.sahirludhianvi.com/blog/index.php/category/articles/http://www.urdustan.com/adeeb/sahir.htm

> Some such remarkable and noteworthy phrases are precisely
> what we have chosen for this RJGK episode. We will query
> you with a short phrase from the mukha.Daa or antaraa of
> a Hindi film song writteby Sahir, and you are expected to
> respond with the first few words from the beginning of the
> song's mukha.Daa. For example, this is the type of clue you
> will encounter:
>
> clue: jhuulaa dhanak kaa
>
> answer:
> phailii huii hai sapno.n kii baahe.n
>
> This is all you need for scoring. You can also add some
> comments and/or impressions about the song/singer/MD/lyricist/...
> You can even send in non-competitive entries (just let us
> know if yours is non-competitive). We are flexible like
> that :-) And, also as usual, you can send in any number
> of entries until the deadline.
>
> We have quizzed you before on the same lines:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.music.indian.misc/browse_thread/th...

I've had to re-format my answers once for each revision!
enough already :-)

Vijay

rjg...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2007, 12:13:07 AM6/1/07
On May 30, 9:37 pm, Neha Desai <nehar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please use this post. The clues were numbered incorrectly(missing #15,
> so that has been corrected) and also the clue that is now #21(was
> previously #22) was incorrect, so that has been replaced!
>
> --
> Neha
>
> RJGK-68 : Zaraa sii Baat Sahir kii
>
> Introduction:
> -----------------
> Occasionally, you come across songs containing words or
> phrases which linger on in your mind long after the song
> has ended. These phrases often make such an impression
> on you that they become a sort of a 'signature' of the
> song. You need but to come across the signature phrase
> to be instantly reminded of the entire song! The annals
> of RMIM are replete with mentions of such songs and
> phrases; to name just a few: "tuute hue patavaar",
> "saa.nso.n me.n itar","ek kashtii sau tuufaa.N",
> "dharm kii mohare.n"....
>
> Add to this, the magic of Sahir! A poet and lyricist who
> needs no introduction. If you are a music lover and do
> not know Sahir, you are obviously missing the most important
> ingredient of hindi film music. For the pleasure of getting
> to know more of Sahir you can surf below:
>
> http://www.sahirludhianvi.com/blog/index.php/category/articles/http://www.urdustan.com/adeeb/sahir.htm

> Some such remarkable and noteworthy phrases are precisely
> what we have chosen for this RJGK episode. We will query
> you with a short phrase from the mukha.Daa or antaraa of
> a Hindi film song writteby Sahir, and you are expected to
> respond with the first few words from the beginning of the
> song's mukha.Daa. For example, this is the type of clue you
> will encounter:
>
> clue: jhuulaa dhanak kaa
>
> answer:
> phailii huii hai sapno.n kii baahe.n
>
> This is all you need for scoring. You can also add some
> comments and/or impressions about the song/singer/MD/lyricist/...
> You can even send in non-competitive entries (just let us
> know if yours is non-competitive). We are flexible like
> that :-) And, also as usual, you can send in any number
> of entries until the deadline.
>
> We have quizzed you before on the same lines:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.music.indian.misc/browse_thread/th...

> RULES OF RJGK 68:
> 1 The Golden Rule (of all RJGKs):
>
> DO NOT POST answers/corrections/comments/questions ON THE NET!
>
> All responses to the quiz, including answers, comments,
> suggestions, and questions should be emailed to the
> quizmasters at
> <rjgk68 @ gmail.com>
> (Remove spaces from the address before sending mail)
>
> 2 DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Jun 21st, 2006.

he he he he....June 21st 2007!

--
Neha

Abhijit

Jun 1, 2007, 2:30:09 AM6/1/07
> >http://www.sahirludhianvi.com/blog/index.php/category/articles/http:/...

oho.. this was going to be my excuse for not submitting! ab kyaa
kare.n?

aasamaa.n tale chhupe the befiqr, binaa khed
asaliyat ne usame.n bhii kar diyaa hai chhed