Angoor Ka Daana: jag jaa rii gu.Diyaa

Vinay

Jul 7, 2006, 12:10:10 PM7/7/06
Here's a song that, for a change, is about waking up someone rather
than making someone sleep. In other words, it's an a-lorii (there's no
such word, but you get the idea), but it sounds like a lorii. In fact,
I am sure it would work equally well as a lorii, specially on the
little ones who care more for the sound of words than their meaning.
Gulzar works both ways though.

The composition reminds me of a song from Boodhe Pahadon Par - another
Gulzar, Vishal, Wadkar presentation - 'mujhako itane se kaam par rakh
lo'. But it's probably because of the similar pace of both songs. With
a simple melody, Vishal makes sure that you can easily sing it for your
little one in case you have to, even if you normally keep your singing
restricted to the bathroom.

Gulzar tries to keep it simple (Doesn't he always? ;)). The song has
'gentle' written all over. Touches like 'arii jag jaa/marii jag jaa/oy
jag jaa' are enchanting.

% ITRANS Song #
%
\startsong