Birds in Indian movie songs

mi...@earth.medcolpa.edu

Jul 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/14/95
The other day I was wondering about different birds that have been named in
songs. A cassette company can bring out a number for the ornithologists!
e.g.
Morni bagaN ma bole aadhi raat ma (Lata)
^^^^^
Kabootar ja ja ja (Lata)
^^^^^^^^
Tota maina ki kahani to purani hogai (Lata, Kishore)
^^^^ ^^^^^
Kaga re ja re ja re (Lata)
^^^^
peeho peeho papeehe na bol (Lata)
^^^^^^^
Boondania barsan laaNgi re
Kahe shor machay re Papeehara (Lata)
^^^^^^^^^
Ja re uD ja re panchee (lata)
^^^^^^^
Morni re morni main jangal ki morni (Lata)
^^^^^
Feel free to add to this list.

Imran.

Pavan Kumar Desikan

Jul 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/14/95
mi...@earth.medcolpa.edu wrote:
: The other day I was wondering about different birds that have been named in

: songs. A cassette company can bring out a number for the ornithologists!
: e.g.
: Morni bagaN ma bole aadhi raat ma (Lata)
: ^^^^^
: Kabootar ja ja ja (Lata)
: ^^^^^^^^
: Tota maina ki kahani to purani hogai (Lata, Kishore)
: ^^^^ ^^^^^
: Kaga re ja re ja re (Lata)
: ^^^^
: peeho peeho papeehe na bol (Lata)
: ^^^^^^^
: Boondania barsan laaNgi re
: Kahe shor machay re Papeehara (Lata)
: ^^^^^^^^^
: Ja re uD ja re panchee (lata)
(((())) must be chal uD ja re panchee

: Morni re morni main jangal ki morni (Lata)
: ^^^^^

here are some more

Kahe koyal shor machaaye re(shamshad- aag)
^^^^^
Panchi banoon uDti phiroon(lata-baabul)
^^^^^^

Jangal mein mor nacha kiseene na dekha(rafi-madhumati)
^^^^^

Na bol pi pi mohe anganaa, panchii ja re ja(shamshad-dulari)
^^^^^^^

Papeeha re papeeha re(Mrs Ghosh??, Kismat)
^^^^^^^

panchee ja, peeche rahaa hai bachpan mera(suraiyya, sharda)
^^^^^^^

banke panchee gaaye pyaar ka taraana(lata, chori chori??)
^^^^^^^

Koyal kookte jaaye ban mein mor bhi <<<>>>(lata/rafi, Baiju bawra)
^^^^^^ ^^^(from jhoole mein pavan ki)

--
Pavan Kumar Desikan
Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0129

Ashok

Jul 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/14/95
p...@duke.cs.duke.edu (Pavan Kumar Desikan) wrote:

> mi...@earth.medcolpa.edu wrote:
> : The other day I was wondering about different birds that have been named in
> : songs.> : ^^^^^
>
> here are some more

> ^^^^^
> Panchi banoon uDti phiroon(lata-baabul)
> ^^^^^^
This one is from Chori Chori. Melodious song with superb 'anokhe boll by
chorus 'hilloree.' Babul didn't have any comparable song while UDan KhTola
did (more sayya.n ji utarenge paar with its 'dheere baho' chorus).

> banke panchee gaaye pyaar ka taraana(lata, chori chori??)
> ^^^^^^^

This 'birds and bicycles' song is from AnaaDi

> Pavan Kumar Desikan

Ashok

Neeraj Malhotra

Jul 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/14/95
Irman writes :

[...]

:
: Imran.

Here are some more :

Kuhu Kuhu bole koyaliya
^^^^^^^^
Ban ke panchi gaaye pyaar ka tarana
^^^^^^
Panchi banoon uDti phiroon mast gagan main
^^^^^^
Ek tHa gul aur ek tHi bulbul
^^^^^^
Chun chun krti aayi chiDiya, daal ka daana laayi chidiya
^^^^^^^
mor bhi aaya, chooha bhi aaya, bandar bhi aaya, haatHi bhi aaya
^^^
Bol re papihara, bol re papihara, papihara
^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^
Jhooth bole kauwa kaate, kaale kauwe se dariyo
^^^^^ ^^^^^
Mere mundere na bol, ja kaaga, kaaga ja
^^^^^ ^^^^^
Na bol pii pii more angana, panchi ja re ja
^^^^^^
Kaid mein hai bulbul, saiyyad muskuraaye
^^^^^^
Hum panchi ek daal ke, ek daal ke, ho sang sang dolen, hum sang sang dole
^^^^^^
Chal uD ja re panchi ke ab ye des hua begaana
^^^^^^
Jahan daal daal par sone ki chiDiyan karti hai basera
^^^^^^^^
Koyal bole ku ku, papiha bole pii, jungle mein haaThi chinghara, bach jaoji
^^^^^ ^^^^^^

Enjoy, I am sure there are more.. ( couple I cannot recall the exact words )

So, Irman... aur kyaa kyaa topics nikalenge ?

Songs of the Birds & the Bees
in the trucks & the Jeeps
in the cars & the Carts
in the planes & the trains
on the cycles, helicopters
on the horses & the donkeys ( Yes there was one in Mother India )
..

- Neeraj Malhotra.

mi...@earth.medcolpa.edu

Jul 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/14/95
In article <1995Jul1...@earth.medcolpa.edu>, mi...@earth.medcolpa.edu writes:
> The other day I was wondering about different birds that have been named in
> songs. A cassette company can bring out a number for the ornithologists!
> e.g.
> Morni bagaN ma bole aadhi raat ma (Lata)
> ^^^^^
> Kabootar ja ja ja (Lata)
> ^^^^^^^^
> Tota maina ki kahani to purani hogai (Lata, Kishore)
> ^^^^ ^^^^^
> Kaga re ja re ja re (Lata)
> ^^^^
> peeho peeho papeehe na bol (Lata)
> ^^^^^^^
> Boondania barsan laaNgi re
> Kahe shor machay re Papeehara (Lata)
> ^^^^^^^^^
> Ja re uD ja re panchee (lata)
> ^^^^^^^
> Morni re morni main jangal ki morni (Lata)
> ^^^^^
Koohoo koohoo ble koyaliya (Lata, Rafi)
^^^^^^^^

mi...@earth.medcolpa.edu

Jul 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/14/95
In article <1995Jul1...@earth.medcolpa.edu>, mi...@earth.medcolpa.edu writes:
> In article <1995Jul1...@earth.medcolpa.edu>, mi...@earth.medcolpa.edu writes:
>> The other day I was wondering about different birds that have been named in
>> songs. A cassette company can bring out a number for the ornithologists!
>> e.g.
>> Morni bagaN ma bole aadhi raat ma (Lata) Film:Lamhe
>> ^^^^^
>> Kabootar ja ja ja (Lata) Film:Mai Ne Pyar Kiya
>> ^^^^^^^^
>> Tota maina ki kahani to purani hogai (Lata, Kishore) Film:Fakira
>> ^^^^ ^^^^^
>> Kaga re ja re ja re (Lata) Film:Bewafa

>> ^^^^
>> peeho peeho papeehe na bol (Lata)
>> ^^^^^^^
>> Boondania barsan laaNgi re Film:Jailor

>> Kahe shor machay re Papeehara (Lata)
>> ^^^^^^^^^
>> Ja re uD ja re panchee (lata) Film:Maya

>> ^^^^^^^
>> Morni re morni main jangal ki morni (Lata)
>> ^^^^^
> Koohoo koohoo bole koyaliya (Lata, Rafi)

SAMIUDDIN MOHAMMED

Jul 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/14/95
In article <3u6911$g...@minerva.worldbank.org>, Ashok <ADhar...@WorldBank.org> writes:

>> Panchi banoon uDti phiroon(lata-baabul)
>> ^^^^^^
>This one is from Chori Chori. Melodious song with superb 'anokhe boll by
>chorus 'hilloree.' Babul didn't have any comparable song while UDan KhTola
>did (more sayya.n ji utarenge paar with its 'dheere baho' chorus).

Ashok, I guess I finally got your analogy (or atleast that's what I think).

Panchhi banoon uRti phiroon:More saiyyanji :: Stale beer:Fresh beer

I hope there is a major difference bet. the two beers :-)

Sami Mohammed (A Naushad fan)

>Ashok

Lines for the day:

Har dil me chubha/chhupa (?) hai teer koi, har paaon me hai zanjeer koi
Poochhe koi unse GHam ke maze, jo pyaar ki baaten karte hain

Shakeel Badayuni in "Ai ishq ye sab duniyawaale bekaar ki baaten karte hain..."

Agrawal,parul

Jul 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/15/95
Pavan Kumar Desikan (p...@duke.cs.duke.edu) wrote:
: mi...@earth.medcolpa.edu wrote:
: : The other day I was wondering about different birds that have been named
in
: : songs. A cassette company can bring out a number for the ornithologists!
: : e.g.
: : Morni bagaN ma bole aadhi raat ma (Lata)
: : ^^^^^

: : Kabootar ja ja ja (Lata)
: : ^^^^^^^^

: : Tota maina ki kahani to purani hogai (Lata, Kishore)
: : ^^^^ ^^^^^

: : Kaga re ja re ja re (Lata)
: : ^^^^

: : peeho peeho papeehe na bol (Lata)
: : ^^^^^^^
: : Boondania barsan laaNgi re
: : Kahe shor machay re Papeehara (Lata)

: : ^^^^^^^^^
: : Ja re uD ja re panchee (lata)
: (((())) must be chal uD ja re panchee

: : Morni re morni main jangal ki morni (Lata)
: : ^^^^^

: here are some more

: Kahe koyal shor machaaye re(shamshad- aag)
: ^^^^^

: Panchi banoon uDti phiroon(lata-baabul)
: ^^^^^^

: Jangal mein mor nacha kiseene na dekha(rafi-madhumati)
: ^^^^^

: Na bol pi pi mohe anganaa, panchii ja re ja(shamshad-dulari)
: ^^^^^^^

: Papeeha re papeeha re(Mrs Ghosh??, Kismat)
: ^^^^^^^

: panchee ja, peeche rahaa hai bachpan mera(suraiyya, sharda)
: ^^^^^^^

: banke panchee gaaye pyaar ka taraana(lata, chori chori??)
: ^^^^^^^

: Koyal kookte jaaye ban mein mor bhi <<<>>>(lata/rafi, Baiju bawra)

: ^^^^^^ ^^^(from jhoole mein pavan ki)

Tota mere tota mein to teri ho gayi (singer ??) (actress: Meenakshi)
^^^^
Chad gaya upar re, aataria pe sona kabootar re (singer : Ila Arun)
^^^^^^^^
Ek tha bul aur ek thi bulbul (singer : rafi?) (actor: shashi kapoor)
^^^ ^^^^^^
Tota Tota sajan se kehna (movie : first love letter) (actress: Manisha)
^^^^^^^^^^
Nani teri morni ko mor le gaye baki jo bacha tha kale chor le gaye.
^^^^^ ^^^
Koyal si teri boli, koo koo koo kooo (singer: Udit Narayan)
^^^^^

-Parul.

: --

Pavan Kumar Desikan

Jul 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/15/95
Ashok (ADhar...@WorldBank.org) wrote:

: p...@duke.cs.duke.edu (Pavan Kumar Desikan) wrote:
: >
: > mi...@earth.medcolpa.edu wrote:
: > : The other day I was wondering about different birds that have been named in
: > : songs.> : ^^^^^
: >
: > here are some more

: > ^^^^^
: > Panchi banoon uDti phiroon(lata-baabul)
: > ^^^^^^
: This one is from Chori Chori. Melodious song with superb 'anokhe boll by

: chorus 'hilloree.' Babul didn't have any comparable song while UDan KhTola
: did (more sayya.n ji utarenge paar with its 'dheere baho' chorus).

Of course it did. THe song that I was referring to was
Panchi ban mein piya piya gaane lagaa
^^^^^^

: > banke panchee gaaye pyaar ka taraana(lata, chori chori??)
: > ^^^^^^^

: This 'birds and bicycles' song is from AnaaDi

: > Pavan Kumar Desikan

: Ashok

Rizwan Syed

Jul 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/15/95
p...@duke.cs.duke.edu (Pavan Kumar Desikan) writes:

>mi...@earth.medcolpa.edu wrote:
>: The other day I was wondering about different birds that have been named in

>: songs. A cassette company can bring out a number for the ornithologists!
>: e.g.
>: Morni bagaN ma bole aadhi raat ma (Lata)
>: ^^^^^
>: Kabootar ja ja ja (Lata)
>: ^^^^^^^^
>: Tota maina ki kahani to purani hogai (Lata, Kishore)
>: ^^^^ ^^^^^
>: Kaga re ja re ja re (Lata)
>: ^^^^
>: peeho peeho papeehe na bol (Lata)
>: ^^^^^^^
>: Boondania barsan laaNgi re
>: Kahe shor machay re Papeehara (Lata)
>: ^^^^^^^^^
>: Ja re uD ja re panchee (lata)
>(((())) must be chal uD ja re panchee

>: Morni re morni main jangal ki morni (Lata)

>: ^^^^^

>here are some more

>Kahe koyal shor machaaye re(shamshad- aag)

> ^^^^^
>Panchi banoon uDti phiroon(lata-baabul)
>^^^^^^

>Jangal mein mor nacha kiseene na dekha(rafi-madhumati)
> ^^^^^

>Na bol pi pi mohe anganaa, panchii ja re ja(shamshad-dulari)
> ^^^^^^^

>Papeeha re papeeha re(Mrs Ghosh??, Kismat)
>^^^^^^^

>panchee ja, peeche rahaa hai bachpan mera(suraiyya, sharda)
>^^^^^^^

>banke panchee gaaye pyaar ka taraana(lata, chori chori??)
> ^^^^^^^

>Koyal kookte jaaye ban mein mor bhi <<<>>>(lata/rafi, Baiju bawra)

>^^^^^^ ^^^(from jhoole mein pavan ki)

Koyal booli, Duniyaa doli, .... .can't remember the rest..

Koyal kookay, kookay (Nindiya se jaagi bahaar) {Lata in the Movie Hero}

Ek tha Gul or Ek thi Bulbul {Rafi}

Pinjare ke panchee ray, tera dard na jaane koi.... {S.D. Burman maybe?}

Ujarh gayaa panchee, ab tera basera {Rafi from the movie Basera}

Rizwan

Renal Bhalakia

Jul 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/15/95
He He He!
It seems that Koyal is the most popular bird for the Indian Lyricsist.

Anyway there was one song in Aag Hi Aag (*ing Sunny, Neelam, Chunky,
Shatru, Mrs. Sunjay Dutt (Somebody please fill in the real name of the
lady, I can't recollect), Dharmendra etc. etc. )
which has a song about Tota , can't recollect the wordings.
^^^^
Thanks.
--

Renal.
E-mail : ccr...@cclabs.missouri.edu

puli...@ecn.purdue.edu

Jul 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/15/95
On 15 Jul 1995 16:37:31 -0500, riz...@earth.sparco.com (Rizwan Syed) said:

>> here are some more

How about,

Tota mere tota main to teri ho gayi

Don't rememer the song, one on Chunky Pande and Neelam(Aag aur
Sona???, Pehlaj Nihalani movie, Tota,maina stuff)

And the most stupidest of them all,

Padosan apni murghi tu rakhna sambaal (Amitabh, Jayapradha,
Jaadugar)

Sunil.

| Email: puli...@ecn.purdue.edu |
| |
| Office Address Residence Address |
| Purdue University 212-A Wt. Fowler Avenue |
| Box # 371 West Lafayette |
| 1285 E.E. Building Indiana 47906 |
| Wt. Lafayette, IN 47907-1285 |
| |
| Ph: 317-494-0750 Ph: 317-743-6848 |

Kuntal Shah

Jul 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/16/95
In article <3u9e8s$10...@news.missouri.edu> c64...@showme.missouri.edu (Renal Bhalakia) writes:

Renal> He He He! It seems that Koyal is the most popular bird for the
Renal> Indian Lyricsist.

Renal> Anyway there was one song in Aag Hi Aag (*ing Sunny, Neelam,
Renal> Chunky, Shatru, Mrs. Sunjay Dutt (Somebody please fill in the
Renal> real name of the lady, I can't recollect), Dharmendra
Renal> etc. etc. ) which has a song about Tota , can't recollect the
Renal> wordings. ^^^^ Thanks. --

It is surprizing how these two could get mixed. Seems these days the
part of Renal's brain that stores Movie details is affected by Virus :)
The "Paroma" being first and this is second.

The movie "Aag hi Aag" starred Chunky ( debut ), Neelam, Jeetendra,
Mausami Chatterjee, Shatru and Richa Sharma ( Mrs. Sanjay Dutt - Renal
is correct here) and Denny. But Sunny was not there in this movie. Some
songs from this movie are :

1. Saajan aa jao ( two versions )
2. Lagli lagli lagli hichki hichki lagli
3. Hum na rahe tum na raho pyar rahega

Renal got this movie mixed up with Ghar ka Chirag as I have mentioned
in another post. It starred Chunky, Neelam and Sunny. The song is "MaiN
tera tota tu meri mena ". ( Right, Renal ? )

Aag hi Aag was also by Pehlaj Nihlani, as was Ghar ka Chirag.

Dekha, Ye panchhi humeN kahaN se kahaN le jaate haiN ?

-Kuntal.

Kuntal Shah

Jul 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/16/95
In article <PULIKKAL.95...@neddenriep.ecn.purdue.edu> puli...@ecn.purdue.edu writes:

pulikkal> Don't rememer the song, one on Chunky Pande and Neelam(Aag
pulikkal> aur Sona???, Pehlaj Nihalani movie, Tota,maina stuff)

pulikkal> Sunil.

I already mentioned this song in one of earlier posts; the song you are
referring to is :

"MaiN tera tota tu meri maina..."

BTW, there is no movie called "Aag aur Sona". May be you are reffering to
"Mitti aur Sona", starring Chunky, Neelam and Sonam. But I think this song
is from movie "Ghar ka chirag", a Pehlaj Nihlani movie, also a
Chunky-Neelam starrer .

-Kuntal.

Nikhil Lad

Jul 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/16/95
In article <KUNTAL.95Jul16122532@damayanti> kuntal@damayanti (Kuntal Shah) writes:

Kuntal> I already mentioned this song in one of earlier posts; the
Kuntal> song you are referring to is :

Kuntal> "MaiN tera tota tu meri maina..."

Kuntal> BTW, there is no movie called "Aag aur Sona". May be you
Kuntal> are reffering to "Mitti aur Sona", starring Chunky, Neelam and
Kuntal> Sonam. But I think this song is from movie "Ghar ka chirag", a
Kuntal> Pehlaj Nihlani movie, also a Chunky-Neelam starrer .

No, this song is from movie "Paap ki Duniya". The song is picturised
on Chunky (alias 'Monkey') Pandey and Neelam. Sung by KK and Asha. MD
is Bappi, and tune is lifted ( he had reputation to protect , after
all! )

Ghar ka Chirag has the song 'Tutak tutak tutia, I Love U'. Also starred
Kaka and Deepika Chikhliya ( Seeta ).

- Nikhil.

Kuntal Shah

Jul 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/16/95
In article <KUNTAL.95Jul16144143@damayanti> kuntal@damayanti (Kuntal Shah) writes:

Kuntal> Renal got this movie mixed up with Ghar ka Chirag as I have
Kuntal> mentioned in another post. It starred Chunky, Neelam and
Kuntal> Sunny. The song is "MaiN tera tota tu meri mena ". ( Right,
Kuntal> Renal ? )

Sorry, but as Nikhil has mentioned the movie in question is "Paap ki
Duniya" and not "Ghar ka chirag". I stand corrected about this.

-Kuntal.

Renal Bhalakia

Jul 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/16/95

Renal Bhalakia

Jul 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/16/95
From news.missouri.edu!showme!c647768 Sun Jul 16 14:51:31 1995
From: c64...@showme.missouri.edu (Renal Bhalakia)
Newsgroups: rec.music.indian.misc
Subject: irds in Indian movie songs
Date: 16 Jul 1995 19:46:49 GMT

kuntal@damayanti Kuntal Shah at Texas Instruments

In article<3u9e8s$10...@news.missouri.edu> c64...@showme.missouri.edu (Renal B:

K> Renal> He He He! It seems that Koyal is the most popular bird for the
K> Renal> Indian Lyricsist.
K> Renal> Anyway there was one song in Aag Hi Aag (*ing Sunny, Neelam,
K> Renal> Chunky, Shatru, Mrs. Sunjay Dutt (Somebody please fill in the
K> Renal> real name of the lady, I can't recollect), Dharmendra
K> Renal> etc. etc. ) which has a song about Tota , can't recollect the
K> Renal> wordings. ^^^^ Thanks. --

K> It is surprizing how these two could get mixed. Seems these days the
K> part of Renal's brain that stores Movie details is affected by Virus
K> :)

K> The "Paroma" being first and this is second.
K> The movie "Aag hi Aag" starred Chunky ( debut ), Neelam, Jeetendra,
K> Mausami Chatterjee, Shatru and Richa Sharma ( Mrs. Sanjay Dutt - Renal
K> is correct here) and Denny. But Sunny was not there in this movie.

I'm sorry about my goof up. But there U go again Kuntal, I'm pretty
positive that there was no Jeetendra but there was Dharmendra as the
father of Chunky and Richa and Mausami's husband... :) , :)

K> Some songs from this movie are :
K> 1. Saajan aa jao ( two versions )
K> 2. Lagli lagli lagli hichki hichki lagli
K> 3. Hum na rahe tum na raho pyar rahega

K> Renal got this movie mixed up with Ghar ka Chirag as I have mentioned
K> in another post. It starred Chunky, Neelam and Sunny. The song is
K> "MaiN tera tota tu meri mena ". ( Right, Renal ? )

K> Aag hi Aag was also by Pehlaj Nihlani, as was Ghar ka Chirag.
K> Dekha, Ye panchhi humeN kahaN se kahaN le jaate haiN ? -Kuntal.

It seems that somebody else's brain is also affected by the same virus as
mine is as seen in the posting below. :) (Heh Heh Heh ) As Nikhil mentions
the name of the is Paap Kin Duniya.

Somebody's brain....:)

nikhil@damayanti Nikhil Lad at Texas Instruments

NL> Kuntal> I already mentioned this song in one of earlier posts; the
NL> Kuntal> song you are referring to is :
NL> Kuntal> "MaiN tera tota tu meri maina..."
NL> Kuntal> BTW, there is no movie called "Aag aur Sona". May be you
NL> Kuntal> are reffering to "Mitti aur Sona", starring Chunky, Neelam and
NL> Kuntal> Sonam. But I think this song is from movie "Ghar ka
NL> chirag", a
NL> Kuntal> Pehlaj Nihlani movie, also a Chunky-Neelam starrer .
NL> No, this song is from movie "Paap ki Duniya". The song is picturised
NL> on Chunky (alias 'Monkey') Pandey and Neelam. Sung by KK and Asha. MD
NL> is Bappi, and tune is lifted ( he had reputation to protect , after
NL> all! )
NL> Ghar ka Chirag has the song 'Tutak tutak tutia, I Love U'. Also
NL>starred
NL> Kaka and Deepika Chikhliya ( Seeta ).
NL> - Nikhil.

As for the name of the Aparna Sen's movie which Kuntal mentions the
person who had originally posted the article had mentioned the name of
the movie as "Parama", and I knew that it was wrong and had the faint
idea of the name , which I had alread mentioned that "I might be wrong".
As Sunil mentions the actual name is Paroma and not "Parama" or "Panorama".

Sunil>> >> If I'm not wrong the Movie's name was Panorama and not
Sunil>> >> Parama, I could be wrong.
Sunil>> Nope, The movie was "Paroma"(atleast that's what the credits
Sunil>> showed). Sunil.

No hard feelings, please :),

Kuntal Shah

Jul 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/17/95
In article <3ubr9e$i...@news.missouri.edu> c64...@showme.missouri.edu (Renal Bhalakia) writes:

Renal> I'm sorry about my goof up. But there U go again Kuntal, I'm
Renal> pretty positive that there was no Jeetendra but there was
Renal> Dharmendra as the father of Chunky and Richa and Mausami's
Renal> husband... :) , :)

There you are, and 100% correct this time. It was Dharam and not Jeetu.
Perhaps I was over-awed by Jeetendra after preparing that list of his
films in 80s on Saturday :). It is so easy to get movies mixed up !

BTW, what treatment you used for that "virus" ? Seems I need the same :)

Renal> It seems that somebody else's brain is also affected by the same
Renal> virus as mine is as seen in the posting below. :) (Heh Heh Heh )
Renal> As Nikhil mentions the name of the is Paap Kin Duniya.

Renal> As for the name of the Aparna Sen's movie which Kuntal mentions
Renal> the person who had originally posted the article had mentioned
Renal> the name of the movie as "Parama", and I knew that it was wrong
Renal> and had the faint idea of the name , which I had alread
Renal> mentioned that "I might be wrong". As Sunil mentions the actual
Renal> name is Paroma and not "Parama" or "Panorama".

Nikhil and me - both work at TI. And Sunil is ex-TIer. So it seems in
future you need to consult us in case you have any doubts :) ( This is
not an advertisement for TI :) )

Renal> No hard feelings, please :),

Certainly not.

-Kuntal.

RajivKumar S Kedia

Jul 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/17/95
hi junta,

Pinjare ke panchee re, tera dard na jaane koi was by Kavi Pradeep

to add to the list..

Chiddiya chu chu karti hai, tote taali bajaate hai
yeh sab mere saathi hai....

cheel cheel chilla ke kajri sunaaye
kav kav kavva bhi dholak bajaaye
are waah waah waah

kedia

Srinivasaraghavan T.

Jul 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/17/95
In article <3u9e8s$10...@news.missouri.edu>, c64...@showme.missouri.edu (Renal Bhalakia) writes:
|> He He He!
|> It seems that Koyal is the most popular bird for the Indian Lyricsist.
|>
|> Anyway there was one song in Aag Hi Aag (*ing Sunny, Neelam, Chunky,
|> Shatru, Mrs. Sunjay Dutt (Somebody please fill in the real name of the
|> lady, I can't recollect), Dharmendra etc. etc. )
|> which has a song about Tota , can't recollect the wordings.
|> ^^^^
|> Thanks.
|> --
|>
|> Renal.

The song goes " Mein tera tota, tu meri maina; maane na kyoon kahna .......
mera dil tota ban jaye, kahe mithu-mithu bole hai."

Filmed on Chunky Pandey and Neelam. But if this is the song you are
searching for, you have got the movie wrong. The movie is Paap Ki
Duniya starring Sunny, Chunky, Neelam, Pran,etc. and is a triangle.
Also has a Bangles' " WAlk like an Egyptian" ripoff (a nice song) -
Chori chori yun jab hoankhen chaar to kya hota hai
Deewana dil jab dhadke pahli baar to kya hota hai
Begane ban jaate hain yaar- yaar
Anjaane ho jata hai pyaar- pyaar.
Ye kya hota hai, kaise hota hai jaane yeh koi na

Filmed on Sunny and Neelam.

By the way Aag hi Aag was Chunky's first movie and I don't think it starred
Sunny; had the others though incl. Richa Dutt.

Srini

If I love you, what business is it of yours?

The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look
respectable.

Srinivasaraghavan T.

Jul 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/17/95
In article <3u9e8s$10...@news.missouri.edu>, c64...@showme.missouri.edu (Renal Bhalakia) writes:
|> He He He!
|> It seems that Koyal is the most popular bird for the Indian Lyricsist.
|>
|> Anyway there was one song in Aag Hi Aag (*ing Sunny, Neelam, Chunky,
|> Shatru, Mrs. Sunjay Dutt (Somebody please fill in the real name of the
|> lady, I can't recollect), Dharmendra etc. etc. )
|> which has a song about Tota , can't recollect the wordings.
|> ^^^^
|> Thanks.
|> --
|>
|> Renal.

By the way another tota song is Gangaram kunwara reh gaya from Jeevan Ki Dhaar
(not sure of the name) sung by Kishore for Amol PAlekar.

Srini

Srinivasaraghavan T.

Jul 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/17/95

A few more bird songs that come to mind are :

1. Nani teri morni ko mor le gaye ( movie??)
2. Kabootar ja ja (MPK)
3. Jangal mein mor nacha kisine na dekha ( Gunga Jumnaa???)
4. Mein aas ka panchi hoon (Title song)
5. Padosan apni Murgi ko (Jaadugar)
6. Cheel Cheel chillake kajri sunaye (Half Ticket) as you have mentioned.
7. Haal Chaal Thik thak hai (Mere apne)
has the stanza "roti ko bechari ko cheel le gayi
chandi ka sikka leke kala kaua chala"
8. Chal ud jaa re Panchi ( Bhabhi)

Sunil Kabra

Jul 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/17/95
Few More:

1. Oh hansni, meri hansni, kahan ud chali..
^^^^^^

2. Chal ud ja re panchi ke ub yeh desh hua ...
^^^^^^ = bird

3. Mere paas aao mere doston, ek kissa suno..
(somewhere in the song, I am sure)

4. Ganga ram kunwara reh gaya, tota ram kunwara..
^^^^

Sunil Kabra

Jul 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/17/95
In article <KUNTAL.95Jul16144143@damayanti>, kuntal@damayanti (Kuntal Shah) writes...

> It is surprizing how these two could get mixed. Seems these days the
> part of Renal's brain that stores Movie details is affected by Virus :)

> The "Paroma" being first and this is second.
>
> The movie "Aag hi Aag" starred Chunky ( debut ), Neelam, Jeetendra,
> Mausami Chatterjee, Shatru and Richa Sharma ( Mrs. Sanjay Dutt - Renal
> is correct here) and Denny. But Sunny was not there in this movie. Some

Everything's right except the fact that it didn't star Jeetendra. It
was Dharmendra.

Renal Bhalakia

Jul 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/17/95
From news.missouri.edu!zombie.ncsc.mil!simtel!news.sprintlink.net!cs.utexas.edu!news.ti.com!tilde.csc.ti.com!kuntal Mon Jul 17 17:56:30 1995
From: kuntal@damayanti (Kuntal Shah)
Newsgroups: rec.music.indian.misc
Subject: Re: Birds in Indian movie songs
Date: 17 Jul 1995 05:26:38 GMT

In article <3ubr9e$i...@news.missouri.edu> c64...@showme.missouri.edu (Renal Bhalakia) writes:

K> Renal> I'm sorry about my goof up. But there U go again Kuntal, I'm
K> Renal> pretty positive that there was no Jeetendra but there was
K> Renal> Dharmendra as the father of Chunky and Richa and Mausami's
K> Renal> husband... :) , :)

K> There you are, and 100% correct this time. It was Dharam and not Jeetu.
K> Perhaps I was over-awed by Jeetendra after preparing that list of his
K> films in 80s on Saturday :). It is so easy to get movies mixed up !
K>
K> BTW, what treatment you used for that "virus" ? Seems I need the
K> same :)

Hey man, I'll tell U the secret , the recepie goes,
Take a big glass, Crush 2 Tynenols and 5 Actified mix with
30 ml of Rum (Dark preffered) and 50 ml of Vodka. A touch of
TI chips as the dressing would be more effective.

Heh , Heh, :)

Warning : No to be tried.

K> Renal> It seems that somebody else's brain is also affected by the same
K> Renal> virus as mine is as seen in the posting below. :) (Heh Heh Heh )
K> Renal> As Nikhil mentions the name of the is Paap Kin Duniya.

K> Renal> As for the name of the Aparna Sen's movie which Kuntal mentions
K> Renal> the person who had originally posted the article had mentioned
K> Renal> the name of the movie as "Parama", and I knew that it was wrong
K> Renal> and had the faint idea of the name , which I had alread
K> Renal> mentioned that "I might be wrong". As Sunil mentions the actual
K> Renal> name is Paroma and not "Parama" or "Panorama".

K> Nikhil and me - both work at TI. And Sunil is ex-TIer. So it seems in
K> future you need to consult us in case you have any doubts :) ( This is
K> not an advertisement for TI :) )

Consult for what ????, Kuntal !

K> Renal> No hard feelings, please :),

K> Certainly not.

K>-Kuntal.

ShashiKant Joshi

Jul 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/17/95
Pavan Kumar Desikan (p...@duke.cs.duke.edu) wrote:

: here are some more

Correction: movie is Anari for the banke panchi song

: Koyal kookte jaaye ban mein mor bhi <<<>>>(lata/rafi, Baiju bawra)

: ^^^^^^ ^^^(from jhoole mein pavan ki)

To add more:

teetar ke do aage teetar (??)
^^^^^^
ek jaanawar aisaa, jis ke dum par paisaa...mor (ichak daanaa: 420, Raj)
^^^
koyal koo-ooh-ooh-ke gaaye malhaar (one of those Noori type movies)
^^^^^

chal uD. jaa re panchhee ke ab ye (HOW could we forgotten this song!)
^^^^^^^^

ek tha gul aur ek thee bulbul (If I say anything more, there will another post
^^^^^^ about PD and cyberspace and lack of cloths :-))) )

chaD.ha gayo oopar reh, aTariyaa pe loTan kabootar re (Ila Arun fans !!
^^^^^^^^ like me!! :-))
yeah, I like her husky
voice.

kuhuke koyaliyaa, kuhuke koyaliyaa, kaheeN door papihaa pukaare
^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^
daNaNaNaNaNaN
jhulaa juleN sakhiyaaN, jhulaa juleN sakhiyaaN, ke ghar aajaa baalam hamaare
ghir aaye~~~~~, badaraa ghir aaye, rut hai bhigee bhigee
nache man moraa, magan, teegidaa dhigee dhigee
nache re~~~~~ man moraa~~~ re~~~
naache man moraa, magan, teegidaa dhigee dhigee
teegidaa dhigee dhigee, teegidaa.
tan ta tan taNa tanatu tan~~ tanatu
tainta taiN, tainta taiN

do hansoN kaa joD.aa bichaD. gayo re (ganga jamuna)
^^^^

gori chalo na hans kee chaal
^^^^
and drum rolls for the ultimate "bird" song.......

"chun chun karati aayi chiD.iyaa" (Rafi/? )
^^^^^^^^^
-- ShashiKant Joshi urf Pintu Diwana
will add more later :-)

Sudhir Kumar

Jul 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/18/95
ke...@usceast.cs.sc.edu (RajivKumar S Kedia) writes:

>hi junta,

>cheel cheel chilla ke kajri sunaaye
>kav kav kavva bhi dholak bajaaye

^jhoom jhoom
>are waah waah waah

An excellent song from the movie "Half Ticket" *ing Kishore Kumar and Madhubala.

On the bird theme, no one has yet posted the following song from "Shree 420"

Teetar ke do aage teetar, teetar ke do peechhe teetar

-- sudhir

Kuntal Shah

Jul 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/18/95

Srini> By the way another tota song is Gangaram kunwara reh gaya from
Srini> Jeevan Ki Dhaar (not sure of the name) sung by Kishore for Amol
Srini> PAlekar.

Almost correct. Movie's name is "Jeevandhara".

-Kuntal.

mi...@earth.medcolpa.edu

Jul 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/18/95
In article <Pine.SUN.3.90.950714155459.255B-100000@hobbes>, malh...@bedford.progress.COM (Neeraj Malhotra) writes:)

> So, Irman... aur kyaa kyaa topics nikalenge ?
>
> Songs of the Birds & the Bees
> in the trucks & the Jeeps
> in the cars & the Carts
> in the planes & the trains
> on the cycles, helicopters
> on the horses & the donkeys ( Yes there was one in Mother India )
> ..
>
> - Neeraj Malhotra.

Dear Neeraj,

The above mentioned topics are lucrative but a compilation of songs
of these is not very useful other than that the car or train drivers can play
their songs and feel good about it.
Instead, a far better topic that I propose is "Get lost " songs, i.e.
songs with "Ja Ja" in them.
Their utility will be found by many who are troubled with unwelcomed
guests, visiting in-laws and other obnoxious relatives and friends.
Play a cassette of these songs and the visitors might get a clue without you
being rude or explicit.
e.g.

Ja mujhe na ab yaad aa (Kishore)

Ja ja ja mere buchpan, kahiN ja ke chhup nadaN (Lata)

Ja re Ud ja re panchi (lata)

Ja ri pawaniya piya ke des ja (Asha)

Jao re jogi tum jao re, yeh hai premioN ki basti (Lata)

Jao jao nand ke lala tum jhoote (Lata)

and so forth. Then we can also compile a list of songs of "AAja" for the
beloved and the lovers can play them for their listening pleasure.

What do you say?!!

Imran Mirza.
___________

Ikram Ahmed Khan

Jul 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/19/95
Sudhir Kumar (sud...@longwood.cs.ucf.edu) wrote:

: On the bird theme, no one has yet posted the following song from "Shree 420"

: Teetar ke do aage teetar, teetar ke do peechhe teetar

Apna resident deewana did mention it methinks :) And are you sure about
that being in Shree 420. I must be missing it again in my head...

:)
Later,
Ikram.
: -- sudhir

U.V Ravindra

Jul 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/19/95
-> Sudhir Kumar (sud...@longwood.cs.ucf.edu) wrote:
-> : On the bird theme, no one has yet posted the following song from
-> :"Shree 420"
->
-> : Teetar ke do aage teetar, teetar ke do peechhe teetar

In article <3ui564$j...@news.tamu.edu>
iak...@tamu.edu (Ikram Ahmed Khan) writes:
->
-> Apna resident deewana did mention it methinks :) And are you sure about
-> that being in Shree 420. I must be missing it again in my head...

But of course! The song was mentioned by Pintu. And it is from Mera
Naam Joker, not Shree 420.

It's picturised on Simi Garewal, the teacher, and (I think) Rishi
Kapoor (the bachchaa who became RaJoker Kapoor later in the film), the
bewitched boy! A standard "paheli", which our dear dumbo's classmates
are unable to figure out and which (obviously) our boy figures out
IMMEDIATELY!

Ravindra.

Arun Verma

Jul 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/19/95
<mi...@earth.medcolpa.edu> wrote:

>Dear Neeraj,

> Instead, a far better topic that I propose is "Get lost " songs, i.e.
>songs with "Ja Ja" in them.
>e.g.
>
>Ja mujhe na ab yaad aa (Kishore)
>
>Ja ja ja mere buchpan, kahiN ja ke chhup nadaN (Lata)
>
>Ja re Ud ja re panchi (lata)
>
>Ja ri pawaniya piya ke des ja (Asha)
>
>Jao re jogi tum jao re, yeh hai premioN ki basti (Lata)
>
>Jao jao nand ke lala tum jhoote (Lata)
>
>Imran Mirza.
>___________

Ja ja jaa re tujhe hum jaan gaye, kitne paani meiN ho pehchhan gaye
(Rafi-Lata)

Btw, Rafi sounds terrible in this song. I have this song with me, and
make sure that I listen to it at least once a week, to convince myself
that Rafi wasn't a great singer ;-) and to I show my loyalty towards
KKKlan :-) :-)

-Arun

Neeraj Malhotra

Jul 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/19/95
>> So, Irman... aur kyaa kyaa topics nikalenge ?
>>
>> Songs of the Birds & the Bees
>> in the trucks & the Jeeps
>> in the cars & the Carts
>> in the planes & the trains
>> on the cycles, helicopters
>> on the horses & the donkeys ( Yes there was one in Mother India )
>> ..
>>

>Dear Neeraj,

> The above mentioned topics are lucrative but a compilation of songs
>of these is not very useful other than that the car or train drivers can
>play their songs and feel good about it.

> Instead, a far better topic that I propose is "Get lost " songs,
>i.e. songs with "Ja Ja" in them.

> Their utility will be found by many who are troubled with unwelcomed
>guests, visiting in-laws and other obnoxious relatives and friends.
>Play a cassette of these songs and the visitors might get a clue without
>you being rude or explicit.

>e.g.

>Ja mujhe na ab yaad aa (Kishore)

..... OTHER SONGS SNIPPED....

>and so forth. Then we can also compile a list of songs of "AAja" for the
>beloved and the lovers can play them for their listening pleasure.

>What do you say?!!
>Imran Mirza.
>___________

Dear Irman,

Main to mazak kar rahi tHi, aese hi, aajkal kaafi lists ban rahiin hain :)
Aap to serious hi le baitHe...

Ab bataayiye, phir ye birds wale songs kaise useful hain ?

Aapne list start kari, mujhe kaafi soojh gaye, likh diye...
There was no pun or anything else intended in the above mentioned list..
Just for fun sake !!

I hope you were not trying to say 'Get lost' as a sublime message :) !!

Chaliye, ek birds ka gaana aur sahi...

'cheel cheel cheel dekho kajri sunaye
? ? ? kauwa bhi dHolak bajaaye' - KK in Half Ticket.

Ye ? ? ? abhi yaad nahiin aa raha..

- Neeraj.

Sivakumar Ravada

Jul 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/19/95
In <29836> of <rec.music.indian.misc> uvr@tata_elxsi.soft.net (U.V Ravindra) writes:
>-> Sudhir Kumar (sud...@longwood.cs.ucf.edu) wrote:
>-> : On the bird theme, no one has yet posted the following song from
>-> :"Shree 420"
>->
>-> : Teetar ke do aage teetar, teetar ke do peechhe teetar
>In article <3ui564$j...@news.tamu.edu>
>iak...@tamu.edu (Ikram Ahmed Khan) writes:
>->
>-> Apna resident deewana did mention it methinks :) And are you sure about
>-> that being in Shree 420. I must be missing it again in my head...
>
>But of course! The song was mentioned by Pintu. And it is from Mera
>Naam Joker, not Shree 420.

Jeete raho puttaraaN !!! lambee umar de pagavaan tenooN !
Aha aha kyaa fan paaye hai maiN-ne, dil baag baag ho gaya!!! Even
though I posted from office under my own name (in the email address
part). So this proves netters don't look just at the
"rava...@gold.tc.umn.edu" but also at the end of the post. Or is my
style so d*mn predictable :-)

>It's picturised on Simi Garewal, the teacher, and (I think) Rishi
>Kapoor (the bachchaa who became RaJoker Kapoor later in the film), the
>bewitched boy! A standard "paheli", which our dear dumbo's classmates
>are unable to figure out and which (obviously) our boy figures out
>IMMEDIATELY!

Yep! all line clear!!

-- Pintu Diwana

Sudhir Kumar

Jul 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/19/95
rava...@gold.tc.umn.edu (Sivakumar Ravada) writes:

>In <29836> of <rec.music.indian.misc> uvr@tata_elxsi.soft.net (U.V Ravindra) writes:
>>-> : Teetar ke do aage teetar, teetar ke do peechhe teetar
>>

>>But of course! The song was mentioned by Pintu. And it is from Mera
>>Naam Joker, not Shree 420.

Allright, I accept my mistake. I confused the song with another song from
Shree 420, viz. "Ichak daanaa, beechak daanaa...". Now don't tell me this song
is not from Shree 420.

I did miss Pintu Diwana's post about teetar song.

-- sudhir

Ramakrishnan.Krishnan

Jul 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/19/95
In article <3uh0qc$c...@longwood.cs.ucf.edu>, sud...@longwood.cs.ucf.edu (Sudhir Kumar) writes:
|> ke...@usceast.cs.sc.edu (RajivKumar S Kedia) writes:
|>

|> On the bird theme, no one has yet posted the following song from "Shree 420"

|> Teetar ke do aage teetar, teetar ke do peechhe teetar

This is not from Shree 420, but from "Mera Naam Joker".

Cheers,
- Ramki.
* Ramki Krishnan * *
* AT&T GIS, * Do thy duty. Fruit is not thy *
* 3325 Platt Springs Rd * concern. *
* West Columbia, SC 29170 * *
* Phone : (803)-939-2489 * - The Bhagavat Gita *

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

U.V Ravindra

Jul 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/20/95

In article <3ujato$c...@gold.tc.umn.edu>
rava...@gold.tc.umn.edu (Sivakumar Ravada) writes:

=> Jeete raho puttaraaN !!! lambee umar de pagavaan tenooN !
=> Aha aha kyaa fan paaye hai maiN-ne, dil baag baag ho gaya!!! Even
=> though I posted from office under my own name (in the email address
=> part). So this proves netters don't look just at the
=> "rava...@gold.tc.umn.edu" but also at the end of the post. Or is my
=> style so d*mn predictable :-)

Pintu-ji, haven't you heard this one ever:
bhakt ko bhagwaan jis roop meiN bhi dikheN,
bhagwaan hi nazar aate haiN! ;-)

=> -- Pintu Diwana

Ravindra.
Who *always* looks at the end of Pintu's and Sami's posts.

P.S. Incidentally, Shashi, tum ne mere "usasi..." wale sawaal kaa
jawaab nahiN diya.

Senthil K Kandasamy

Jul 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/20/95
In article <3uj51v$9...@muspell.cs.cornell.edu>, ve...@cs.cornell.edu (Arun Verma) writes:

|> Ja ja jaa re tujhe hum jaan gaye, kitne paani meiN ho pehchhan gaye
|> (Rafi-Lata)
|>
|> Btw, Rafi sounds terrible in this song. I have this song with me, and
|> make sure that I listen to it at least once a week, to convince myself
????????????

|> that Rafi wasn't a great singer ;-) and to I show my loyalty towards
|> KKKlan :-) :-)
|>
|> -Arun

The very fact that u listen to the song every week to convince urself , suggests
that u are not yet convinced. Actually, give it up. You will never be convinced.
A few more weeks of listening and you will become a Rafian too, i bet.
The plain fact is that RAFI was not simply great but THE greatest.

We Rafians do not have to convince ourselves that Kishore is not a good singer.
It is quite obvious that he isnt.

Senthil

(happy , coz it's been a long time since i took away a kk-fan's happiness.)

Arun Verma

Jul 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/20/95
In article <3umeuu$o...@clarknet.clark.net>,
Chetan Vinchhi <cvin...@telogy.com> wrote:

> God....here goes the war-trumpet. Do I hear the grinding wheel agaist the
> battle-axe ? Are these the blood-curdling cries of KKKlan-ers out to spare
> no Rafian ? Or are they the shouts of Rafians swearing to eliminate the
> KKK ? With clockwork precision, a post such as the one above throws down
> the gauntlet or whatever. And the other party promptly obliges by coming
> back with instances that "prove" (?) the superiority of their hero. Oh....
> Rafi is the greatest. Ah....but KK is better....ad infinitum. Soon age-old
> weapons will be honed anew. (fav. of KKK is the "fact" that KK dethroned
> Rafi in the 70s while Rafians like to use the fact that Rafi actually sang
> for KK as a clincher) And these weapons will be hurled back and forth and
> poor civilans like me ;) will be caught in the melee. When will we at RMIM
> learn that musical tastes are precisely that - a matter of taste ? Whether
> you like a particular song or not is ruled by highly subjective criteria.
> One simply cannot say that a particular singer is *the best* or that
> so-and-so is the best MD. One must judge each song by itself. BTW, I am
> not against a healthy discussion about the relative merits of singers or
> songmakers. But all too often, the KKK-Rafian clashes become personal and
> sour. That can definitely be avoided. The least we can do is to throw in
> a few "IMHO"s - not in letter but in spirit. That can avoid a lot of
> useless (and ugly) personal comments on the net.
>
> Don't you all agree ?
>
> Regards,
> Chetan - a Rafi _and_ Kishore fan
> (which does not mean that I like Rafi-KK duets :)

Yep, I agree. ! I am sorry, it all started due to me, but my posting was only
intended for fun, but too bad, senthil took it too seriously. May be that was
his tongue-in-cheek style, God knows :)

Now for some more fun :

Chetan, don't call off the war :-). KK-Rafi war is very important for the
mere existence of RMIM :-), I have always enjoyed it. The only thing we must
remember is that it should be only for fun, and never.
Also; I get to learn some interesting facts due to this WAR, which I won't
know any other way ! :-)

How about changing the name KK-Rafi WAR to, say KK-Rafi TAMASHA!

:-)

> Regards,
> Chetan - a Rafi _and_ Kishore fan
> (which does not mean that I like Rafi-KK duets :)

-Arun
( I do like KK-Rafi duets , because they show that KK is be....oh no...!! :-))

Chetan Vinchhi

Jul 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/20/95

>The very fact that u listen to the song every week to convince urself , suggests
>that u are not yet convinced. Actually, give it up. You will never be convinced.
>A few more weeks of listening and you will become a Rafian too, i bet.
>The plain fact is that RAFI was not simply great but THE greatest.
>
>We Rafians do not have to convince ourselves that Kishore is not a good singer.
>It is quite obvious that he isnt.

God....here goes the war-trumpet. Do I hear the grinding wheel agaist the

U.V Ravindra

Jul 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/20/95
=> In article <3umeuu$o...@clarknet.clark.net>,
=> Chetan Vinchhi <cvin...@telogy.com> wrote:
=> >

[*snip*] <Chetan's graphic description of Rafi-KK wars deleted>

In article <3umhmq$p...@eos.cs.cornell.edu>
ve...@cs.cornell.edu (Arun Verma) writes:

=> Yep, I agree. ! I am sorry, it all started due to me, but my
=> posting was only intended for fun, but too bad, senthil took it too
=> seriously. May be that was his tongue-in-cheek style, God knows :)

Too many serious wars are the result of "good-natured bantering".
I remember an incident (it was more like an accident) that occurred
when I was a kid. We were about six-ten children who used to play
together, all kinds of games ranging from "langD.i-taaNg" to
"cricket/GHulli-DanDaa. One day, there was this kid who threw a stone
at another kid, just for the sake of fun. The stone, however, hit
rather hard, just above the eye, and the fellow started bleeding
profusely. The kid who had thrown the stone got scared and ran home.
The parents of the kid who was hurt went to the parents of the
stone-throwing kid and created a big ruckus as how their child was
severely misbehaved, was the Goondaa of the gali, and as how they (the
parents) didn't know how to bring up children. The moral must be
already clear.

=> Now for some more fun :
=>
=> Chetan, don't call off the war :-). KK-Rafi war is very important for the
=> mere existence of RMIM :-), I have always enjoyed it. The only
=> thing we must remember is that it should be only for fun, and never.
=> Also; I get to learn some interesting facts due to this WAR, which I won't
=> know any other way ! :-)
=>
=> How about changing the name KK-Rafi WAR to, say KK-Rafi TAMASHA!
=>
=> :-)

Let's not have either the war or the tamasha on RMIM yet another time.
What every Rafi-KK disagreement (I'd like this euphemism) invariably
yields is the fact that KKK-laners won't agree that Rafi is greater
than KK, and Rafi-ans will never give up their Rafi-bhakti. If you
want to get information, you can go to Sami's homepage and get all of
it, and much much more!

And now for some fun (as Arun said):

=> > Regards,
=> > Chetan - a Rafi _and_ Kishore fan
=> > (which does not mean that I like Rafi-KK duets :)
=>
=> -Arun
=>(I do like KK-Rafi duets, because they show that KK is be...oh no...!! :-))

Ravindra.
And I don't like Rafi-KK duets because Rafi has to stoop to...
conquer!

Ashok

Jul 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/21/95
ve...@cs.cornell.edu (Arun Verma) wrote:

> Ja ja jaa re tujhe hum jaan gaye, kitne paani meiN ho pehchhan gaye
> (Rafi-Lata)
>
> Btw, Rafi sounds terrible in this song. I have this song with me, and
> make sure that I listen to it at least once a week, to convince myself
> that Rafi wasn't a great singer ;-) and to I show my loyalty towards
> KKKlan :-) :-)
>
> -Arun

Arun, you disappoint me! :)) Your method makes you a frightened chicken
fan, because it only proves that KK at his best is better than Rafi at his
worst. Big deal!

If you are an authentic KK admirer, an eagle of a fan, you should listen
to the best of Rafi and be able to smile and say, "This is indeed great
stuff. But there is better stuff from my man."

Needless to say, symmetrical proviso for a Rafian.

Ashok

(A fan of neither. Most of both is mediocre or worse.)

Arun Verma

Jul 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/21/95

>Arun, you disappoint me! :)) Your method makes you a frightened chicken
>fan, because it only proves that KK at his best is better than Rafi at his
>worst. Big deal!
>
>If you are an authentic KK admirer, an eagle of a fan, you should listen
>to the best of Rafi and be able to smile and say, "This is indeed great
>stuff. But there is better stuff from my man."
>
>Needless to say, symmetrical proviso for a Rafian.

Ok Boss! I have already clarified that what I wrote was only for fun.
Never even dreamt that people will take it too seriously. C'mon guys,
where is your fun side.

Also, I take this opportunity to clarify that I consider Rafi to
be one of the greatest singers ever, and Ashok, I do listen to his
good stuff, and lots of it. Infact I am myself a BIG Fan of Rafi,
the only thing is that I consider him only one step behind KK.

I have personally replied to everyone who posted in this thread.
Lets stop this discussion now.

Arun

Sanjeev Ramabhadran

Jul 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/24/95
I have a follow up post on the Rafi KK war, in which Rafi-KK duets were
mentioned...as Arun Verma was about to say, Kishore IS better in the
Rafi-KK duets, but only because those that I know of are from the mid
70's, where Rafi had DEFINITELY lost his edge (sacrilege! this coming
from a DIE HARD Rafian)...

What I want to know is, are there any Rafi-KK duest from the SIXTIES or
earlier, where both singers are at their best...

Thanks.
Sanjeev Ramabhadran

Arun Verma

Jul 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/24/95
In article <3v05k7$l...@cnn.Princeton.EDU>,

The earliest KK-Rafi duet I know of is, "chal shuru ho jaa.." from
HUMJOLI (1969?). No I won't say, who sounds better, because I don't wanna
start the war again ;-) Check out for yourself. :-)

However, the best KK-rafi duet in my opinion is, "Sa Re Ga ma.." from
CHUPKE-CHUPKE. Btw, I think this was the only duet with both male singers
composed by SDB. Does anyone out there knows any other?
SDB was certainly a wizard of duets as someone else(chetan?) mentioned.

cheers!
Arun

Kuntal Shah

Jul 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/24/95

Arun> In article <3v05k7$l...@cnn.Princeton.EDU>, Sanjeev Ramabhadran

Arun> However, the best KK-rafi duet in my opinion is, "Sa Re Ga ma.."
Arun> from CHUPKE-CHUPKE. Btw, I think this was the only duet with both
Arun> male singers composed by SDB. Does anyone out there knows any
Arun> other? SDB was certainly a wizard of duets as someone
Arun> else(chetan?) mentioned.

I think the best duet by these two greats is from "dostana" :

"Bane chahe dushman zamana hamara
Salamat rahe dostanan hamara ".

-Kuntal.

--
Best Regards,
Kuntal.

Natarajan Sridhar

Jul 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/24/95
In article <3v0hmm$o...@hoho.cs.cornell.edu>,

Arun Verma <ve...@cs.cornell.edu> wrote:

>The earliest KK-Rafi duet I know of is, "chal shuru ho jaa.." from
>HUMJOLI (1969?). No I won't say, who sounds better, because I don't wanna
>start the war again ;-) Check out for yourself. :-)

Arun, there is no KK-Rafi duet in Humjoli as far as I know....actually,
there's one KK song, that too in the esteemed company of Mehmood, and
Mukesh.

Chal shuru ho ja, eh? Could it be this song:

Rafi: Chal shuru ho ja
KK: (harumph) Saaaaaa
Rafi: Arre, Sa pe ruk gaya? Aage bad....
KK: Re...re...re....reeeee
Rafi: Re ke aaage?
KK: Gaaaaaaa
Rafi: Arre wah, wah. Kya gale mein tasseer (sp?) hai...
KK: Yeh baat hai? To Maaaa.....
Rafi: Chal wapas aaja apne jagah par
KK: Sa re ga ma

....and so on...

By now the discerning reader should be aware that we have converged
upon the song described below:

>However, the best KK-rafi duet in my opinion is, "Sa Re Ga ma.." from
>CHUPKE-CHUPKE. Btw, I think this was the only duet with both male singers
>composed by SDB. Does anyone out there knows any other?
>SDB was certainly a wizard of duets as someone else(chetan?) mentioned.

:-)
**sridhar**

Prince Kohli

Jul 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/24/95

nsri...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Natarajan Sridhar) writes:
|> Arun Verma <ve...@cs.cornell.edu> wrote:
|> >
|> >The earliest KK-Rafi duet I know of is, "chal shuru ho jaa.." from
|> >HUMJOLI (1969?). No I won't say, who sounds better, because I don't wanna
|> >start the war again ;-) Check out for yourself. :-)
|>
|> Arun, there is no KK-Rafi duet in Humjoli as far as I know....actually,
|> there's one KK song, that too in the esteemed company of Mehmood, and
|> Mukesh.

<* Chain from "chal shuru ho ja" to "sa re ga ma" deleted *>

I do recall a song that goes:

chal shuru ho ja,
laga ghoonsa, laga thappaD.

That is all I can remember unfortunately. This is just meant to act
as confirmation that these are two separate songs and not the same one.
I don't even remember if this one was a duet.

-Prince

Arun Verma

Jul 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/25/95
In article <3v1t1i$3...@news.tamu.edu>,
Ikram Ahmed Khan <iak...@tamu.edu> wrote:
>Prince Kohli (pko...@cc.gatech.edu) wrote:
>
>: I do recall a song that goes:

>: chal shuru ho ja,
>: laga ghoonsa, laga thappaD.
>
>: That is all I can remember unfortunately. This is just meant to act
>: as confirmation that these are two separate songs and not the same one.
>: I don't even remember if this one was a duet.
>
> You are right as usual Prince :) Duet picturised on Jeetu and Mehmood
> beating up some goondas at a poolside party. Goondas, methinks, are sent by
> the heroines... And , before I forget, the singers are Rafi and KK.
>
> The song that was mentioned with the sa re gaa etc was the beginning of the
> above song .... (maybe) but I remember it going
> One two, chal shuroo ho jaa etc etc.

You guys are right! Sridhar, I think this is from HUMJOLI(It starred jeetu
and mehmood alright!), May be ur cass. is missing this song.

Cheers
Arun

>Later,
>Ikram.
>: -Prince

ShashiKant Joshi

Jul 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/25/95
Natarajan Sridhar (nsri...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu) wrote:
: In article <3v0hmm$o...@hoho.cs.cornell.edu>,

: Arun Verma <ve...@cs.cornell.edu> wrote:
: >
: >The earliest KK-Rafi duet I know of is, "chal shuru ho jaa.." from
: >HUMJOLI (1969?). No I won't say, who sounds better, because I don't wanna
: >start the war again ;-) Check out for yourself. :-)

: Arun, there is no KK-Rafi duet in Humjoli as far as I know....actually,
: there's one KK song, that too in the esteemed company of Mehmood, and
: Mukesh.

: Chal shuru ho ja, eh? Could it be this song:

And what about the:
chal shuru hojaa, lagaa thappaD., jamaa ghooNsaa

No, really, there was a song like this, and I bet, it would KK in his
trademark style :-)))

-- PD (above all _wars_ between KK/Rafi, for Rafi was more versat...... )

PS: AAAAAAAAAARRRGH!! Another one bites the dust! I thot I won't, but I
couldn't resist the temptation of putting those trailing dialogues, jisame
dabee jabaaN meN kuch kah diya aur sarak liye :-)))))

naveen singhal

Jul 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/25/95
Kuntal Shah (kun...@india.ti.com) wrote:
: >>>>> "UVR" == U V Ravindra <uvr@tata_elxsi.soft.net> writes:

: UVR> If the 'chal shuroo ho jaa' song is picturised on Jeetendra
: UVR> and Mehmood, then it is different from the 'saa re gaa maa'
: UVR> song. The latter song is from Chupke Chupke as someone (I'm
: UVR> sorry I can't recall the name) has already pointed out on
: UVR> RMIM. It is picturised on Dharmendra and Amitabh. They are
: UVR> in a room with Sharmila Tagore and they're singing this song
: UVR> (I don't remember why the song HAD to be sung). The only
: UVR> other thing I remember about this song is that the first
: UVR> antara starts with Kishore singing *oh-so-softly*

: UVR> geet pehle banaa thaa, yaa banee thee yeh sargam

: UVR> in Sharmila's ear, and then suddenly repeating the line
: UVR> *quite* loudly. In Sharmila's ear! ;-) She does the
: UVR> "dard-ki-wajah-se-kaan-khujaana" part very well, here!

: Well, I know why they had to sing this song. Dharam gets engaged
: to Sharmila and brings her to Amitabh's place for first time. That
: time, to show how close friends they are, I guess, they had to sing
: this song.

: A really nice movie. Omprakash at his best !! Although I think Utpal
: Dutt could have done that role better.

: -Kuntal.

The movie was Chupke Chupke
starring Dharamendra, Amitabh, Sharmila, Jaya

Dharam is a Prof ( Biology ) who has fallen in love
with Sharmila. Lives as a Driver in Her house so as
to win the confidence of Om Prakash.
Amit is English Lit prof

Good movie
must See for all movie Buffs

naveen

S.Jagadish

Jul 26, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/26/95
> and they're singing this song (I don't remember why the song HAD to be

I think Dharmendra mentions to Sharmila that AB is a good singer (or was it
poet ?) and she insists on a song !
/ \
S.Jagadish
Computer Engg Year 2 Nanyang Technological University Singapore
Undergrad student from India : E-Mail : SF91...@NTUVAX.NTU.AC.SG
Die hard Kamal Hassan visiri ... from Kalatthur Kannama to Shuba Sankalpam !!
On the WEB - Mayajaal : http://www2.ntu.ac.sg:8000/~sf918168/mayajaal.html
\_____________________________________________________________________________/

U.V Ravindra

Jul 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/27/95
In article <c9ivoou...@damayanti.india.ti.com>
kun...@india.ti.com (Kuntal Shah) writes:

=> >>>>> "Prince" == Prince Kohli <pko...@cc.gatech.edu> writes:
=>
=> Prince> "U.V Ravindra" <uvr@tata_elxsi.soft.net> writes about the
=> Prince> song "sa re ga ma": |> |> Low-down lyrics, unimpressive
=> Prince> music, but the film is eminently |> watchable.
=>
=> Prince> I confess to liking the song quite a bit myself :-) Both
=> Prince> Rafi and KK hold their own quite easily and seem to enjoy
=> Prince> singing the song.
=>
=> Prince> |> Film: Chupke Chupke |> *ing: Dharmendra, Amitabh
=> Prince> Bacchan, Sharmila Tagore, Jaya Bhaduri |> [and Om Prakash,
=> Prince> et al] |> Singers Mohd. Rafi and Kishore Kumar. |>
=> Prince> Lyrics: ?? (Anand Bakshi?) [Preetham-stats wanted here] |>
=> Prince> Music: RDB
=>
=> Prince> The music is by SDB, not RDB. The lyricist is correct.
=>
=> I also thought music doesn't sound RDB-ish.

Thanks, Prince, for the correction.

=> Ravindra, ( or was it somebody else ? ) you mentioned music was
=> unimpressive. Have you heard this song from same movie
=>
=> "Ab ke sajan saawan maiN aag lagegi ye badan maiN" ?

Yes, it was me, and I *have* heard this song. It is quite
unmistakeably SDB.

=> And there was one more song that JayaB sings, although I can't recall
=> it.
=>
=> -Kuntal.

Ravindra.

U.V Ravindra

Jul 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/27/95
In article <3v3j5i$1...@portal.gmu.edu>
nsin...@site.gmu.edu (naveen singhal) writes:

[in re the "chal shuroo ho jaa" controversy]

=>
=> Dharam is a Prof ( Biology ) who has fallen in love
=> with Sharmila. Lives as a Driver in Her house so as
=> to win the confidence of Om Prakash.
=> Amit is English Lit prof
=>
=> Good movie
=> must See for all movie Buffs
=>
=> naveen

Quite so.

And to set the controversy about the "chal shuroo ho jaa" song, here
are the lyrics. As a general rule, I confess to a strong dislike of
Rafi-KK duets, but this was the first Rafi-KK duet I heard, and
transcribed on to paper from the DD telecast of the film.

Low-down lyrics, unimpressive music, but the film is eminently
watchable.

Film: Chupke Chupke
*ing: Dharmendra, Amitabh Bacchan, Sharmila Tagore, Jaya Bhaduri
[and Om Prakash, et al]

Singers Mohd. Rafi and Kishore Kumar.

Lyrics: ?? (Anand Bakshi?) [Preetham-stats wanted here]

Music: RDB

(K) sa re ga ma, ma sa re ga, ga sa re ma, ma ga re sa
(R) pa dha pa ma, ma pa ma ga, re pa ma ga, re ga re sa
x2 (both lines)

1. geet pehle banaa thaa, yaa bani thi yeh sargam (x2)
ik hi saath huaa thaa, do diloN kaa yeh sangam
pyaar kaa yeh taraanaa zamaanaa sun le

sa re ga ma (ONE TWO THREE FOUR)
(K) sa re ga ma, ma sa re ga, ga sa re ma, ma ga re sa
(R) pa dha pa ma, ma pa ma ga, re pa ma ga, re ga re sa

2. gaanaa aaye na aaye, har koi gaataa hai (x2)
aadmi gaate gaate, aataa hai jaataa hai
zindagi kaa fasaanaa zamaanaa sun le

(K) sa re ga ma, ma sa re ga, ga sa re ma, ma ga re sa
(R) pa dha pa ma, ma pa ma ga, re pa ma ga, re ga re sa

3. jaise dil milte haiN, waise sur milte haiN (x2)
phool sab geetoN ke, hoTHoN pe khilte haiN
dhoom ta na na dhoom ta naa naa, zamaana sun le

(K) sa re ga ma, ma sa re ga, ga sa re ma, ma ga re sa
(R) pa dha pa ma, ma pa ma ga, re pa ma ga, re ga re sa

That's the song. I had, in an earlier post, made a mistake, saying
that Dharmendra (Kishore) sings the first line of the first antaraa
softly once, in Sharmila's ear, and then *quite* loudly another time,
and Sharmila "khujaao"-s her ear. Well, it's not in the first line of
the first antaraa, but the in first line of the last antara that this
is done.

Cheers,
Ravindra.

P.S. Arun Kumar, this is *not* the proof that you're looking for! ;-)

Kuntal Shah

Jul 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/27/95

UVR> => Ravindra, ( or was it somebody else ? ) you mentioned
UVR> music was => unimpressive. Have you heard this song from same
UVR> movie => => "Ab ke sajan saawan maiN aag lagegi ye badan
UVR> maiN" ?

UVR> Yes, it was me, and I *have* heard this song. It is quite
UVR> unmistakeably SDB.

Still do you think music was unimpressive ? Somebody help me with
the song picturised on JayaB, so that Ravindra can think again..
It was a good song.. was it "chupke chupke chal de purvaiyya" ?

-Kuntal

U.V Ravindra

Jul 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/27/95
In article <c9hh48ts...@damayanti.india.ti.com>
kun...@india.ti.com (Kuntal Shah) writes:

=> >>>>> "UVR" == U V Ravindra <uvr@tata_elxsi.soft.net> writes:
=>
=> UVR> => Ravindra, ( or was it somebody else ? ) you mentioned
=> UVR> music was => unimpressive. Have you heard this song from same
=> UVR> movie => => "Ab ke sajan saawan maiN aag lagegi ye badan
=> UVR> maiN" ?
=>
=> UVR> Yes, it was me, and I *have* heard this song. It is quite
=> UVR> unmistakeably SDB.
=>
=> Still do you think music was unimpressive ? Somebody help me with
=> the song picturised on JayaB, so that Ravindra can think again..
=> It was a good song.. was it "chupke chupke chal de purvaiyya" ?
=>
=> -Kuntal

Kuntal!

My statement was that the music in the "sa re ga ma" song is
unimpressive. I made no comments about the songs in the film as a
whole.

"chupke chupke chal ri purvaiyaa" is a very nice song.

Ravindra.

Sivakumar Ravada

Jul 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/27/95
In <30296> of <rec.music.indian.misc> kun...@india.ti.com (Kuntal Shah) writes:

> Prince> The music is by SDB, not RDB. The lyricist is correct.
>
> I also thought music doesn't sound RDB-ish.
>
> Ravindra, ( or was it somebody else ? ) you mentioned music was
> unimpressive. Have you heard this song from same movie
>
> "Ab ke sajan saawan maiN aag lagegi ye badan maiN" ?

is it not "...... aag lage jee badan meN" ??

This is coincidence!!! Yesterday on my way back to home after work I
was listening to this song, Lata (100% for Jaya) very similar to the
"Ab ke sajan saawan meN" ... d*mn, now I am forgetting the song that
*I* was listening to, and that triggered off on word in my mind,
"jharokhaa". Ans I was waiting for the "jharokhaa" line to come. It
didn't for 2 anataraas. And I back tracked, humming
"itane baD.e ghar meN naheeN ek bhee jharokhaa"
"la la la la ~ ~ ~ ~~ duniya ko dhokhaa"
oh oh~ "kaise ham denGe bhalaa duniyaa ko dhokhaa"
"choree-chhupe la la la mast mast pawan"
"la la la la laakh karo jatan"
"sajan la la lala la ek hee aaNgan meN, shhh shhh shhhhh"
(sajan mil naa sakeNge.. )
"ab ke sajan saawan meN"

And there I was, on a totally different song than I was listening :)

-- Pintu Diwana

Arun Verma

Jul 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/27/95
In article <3v884o$s...@gold.tc.umn.edu>,

Pintu,
you are almost there ;-) Just minor corrections. First of all,
this song was sung for Sharmila and not Jaya. So get your percentages
right ;) Some one please complete the lyrics!

Ab ke sajan saawan maiN aag lage jee badan meN
ghaTaa barsegee nazar tarsegi sajan mil na sakenge do man ek hi aangan mein
Tch tch tch...

itane baD.e ghar meN naheeN ek bhee jharokhaa

kaise hum denge bhala duniya ko dhokha
raat bhar jagayegi ye mast mast pawan
sajan mil na sakenge do man ek hi aangan mein

Tch tch...

Ab ke sajan ...

la la la...

tere mere pyar ka ye saal bura hoga
jab *something*(is it bahaar?) aayegi to haal bura hoga
chori -chippe ..*something* phoolon bhara chaman
sajan mil na sakenge do man ek hi aangan mein

Tch Tch..

ab ke ..

(is there one more para)??

Anyways that was a good try. shabash Arun!

-A
PS : Ravindra, tune to mere fav KK-rafi duet ka kachra bana diya
:-( :-(

Prince Kohli

Jul 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/27/95

"U.V Ravindra" <uvr@tata_elxsi.soft.net> writes about the song
"sa re ga ma":

|> Low-down lyrics, unimpressive music, but the film is eminently
|> watchable.

I confess to liking the song quite a bit myself :-) Both Rafi and KK
hold their own quite easily and seem to enjoy singing the song.

|> Film: Chupke Chupke
|> *ing: Dharmendra, Amitabh Bacchan, Sharmila Tagore, Jaya Bhaduri
|> [and Om Prakash, et al]
|> Singers Mohd. Rafi and Kishore Kumar.
|> Lyrics: ?? (Anand Bakshi?) [Preetham-stats wanted here]
|> Music: RDB

The music is by SDB, not RDB. The lyricist is correct.

-Prince

Kuntal Shah

Jul 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/27/95

Prince> "U.V Ravindra" <uvr@tata_elxsi.soft.net> writes about the
Prince> song "sa re ga ma": |> |> Low-down lyrics, unimpressive
Prince> music, but the film is eminently |> watchable.

Prince> I confess to liking the song quite a bit myself :-) Both
Prince> Rafi and KK hold their own quite easily and seem to enjoy
Prince> singing the song.

Prince> |> Film: Chupke Chupke |> *ing: Dharmendra, Amitabh
Prince> Bacchan, Sharmila Tagore, Jaya Bhaduri |> [and Om Prakash,
Prince> et al] |> Singers Mohd. Rafi and Kishore Kumar. |>
Prince> Lyrics: ?? (Anand Bakshi?) [Preetham-stats wanted here] |>
Prince> Music: RDB

Prince> The music is by SDB, not RDB. The lyricist is correct.

I also thought music doesn't sound RDB-ish.

Ravindra, ( or was it somebody else ? ) you mentioned music was
unimpressive. Have you heard this song from same movie

"Ab ke sajan saawan maiN aag lagegi ye badan maiN" ?

And there was one more song that JayaB sings, although I can't recall

it.

-Kuntal.

Malini K. Murthy

Jul 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/28/95

Does anyone remember this song from 'Jungle meiN mangal' :

ai baag ki kaliyoN sharam karo sharam karo
paani meiN jaake doob maro
tum haar gayeeN, hum jeet gaye ........................

This song is sung by Kishore and Rafi.

Thanks

Malini
--
Malini Kanth ( Murthy)
E-mail : fl...@Cleveland.Freenet.edu

Nitin Sharma

Jul 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/28/95
Kuntal Shah (kun...@india.ti.com) wrote:

: "Ab ke sajan saawan maiN aag lagegi ye badan maiN" ?
:
i think it is lagegi, and not 'lage ji' as pintu thinks.

: And there was one more song that JayaB sings, although I can't recall
: it.

are you referring to 'chupke chpuke chal ri purvaiyya...' ?
the best song in the film, i think.

: -Kuntal.

-nitin sharma

rta...@magna.com.au

Jul 31, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/31/95
> iak...@tamu.edu (Ikram Ahmed Khan) writes:
> Sudhir Kumar (sud...@longwood.cs.ucf.edu) wrote:
>

> : On the bird theme, no one has yet posted the following song from "Shree 420"
>
> : Teetar ke do aage teetar, teetar ke do peechhe teetar
>
> Apna resident deewana did mention it methinks :) And are you sure about
> that being in Shree 420. I must be missing it again in my head...
>
> :)
> Later,
> Ikram.
> : -- sudhir