article on mukul shivputra ....

sachins...@gmail.com

May 29, 2009, 9:18:46 AM5/29/09
Read my article on mukul shivputra ....

Manthan Suppliment on Lokmat in 24.05.2009

visit lokmat on line, you will get manthan suppliment there. Please
send your ideas.

Abhik Majumdar

May 29, 2009, 10:13:12 AM5/29/09
Can't you just provide a link instead?

imnotap...@yahoo.com

May 29, 2009, 12:21:01 PM5/29/09
On May 29, 7:13 am, Abhik Majumdar <abhik.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can't you just provide a link instead?

Here you go http://onlinenews.lokmat.com/staticpages/editions/manthan.php?articledate=2009-05-24

DG

mere daaG-e-dil se hai raushanii, usii raushanii se hai zindagii
mujhe Dar hai aye mere chaaraagar, ye charaaG tuu hii bujhaa na de

-- Shakeel Badayuni

Kaushal Rege

May 30, 2009, 11:55:48 AM5/30/09
Another article:
http://www.outlookindia.com/full.asp?fodname=20090608&fname=AMukul+Shivputra+(F)&sid=1

On May 29, 9:21 am, imnotapadmas...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On May 29, 7:13 am, Abhik Majumdar <abhik.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can't you just provide a link instead?
>

> Here you gohttp://onlinenews.lokmat.com/staticpages/editions/manthan.php?article...

imnotap...@yahoo.com

May 30, 2009, 10:22:28 PM5/30/09
On May 30, 8:55 am, Kaushal Rege <kaushal.r...@gmail.com> pointed to

> Another article:http://www.outlookindia.com/full.asp?fodname=20090608&fname=AMukul+Sh...

Excerpt:

May 25 will go down as a significant date in India's cultural
calendar, when Hindustani classical vocalist Mukul Shivputra, one of
the finest musicians of his generation and also its most elusive and
peripatetic, inaugurated the Khayal Kendra in Bhopal and took over as
its "pradhan shikshak". Now, even as he takes up his position at the
Khayal Kendra, he is going through a rehabilitation programme at
Gandhi Bhavan, with four guards in attendance lest he chooses to
disappear again.

Guards or no guards, he'll vanish in a short while. You'll see.

DG

Manohar

Jun 1, 2009, 12:01:56 PM6/1/09

We will have to wait and see. For the time being:

Dubaahua Khurshid sar e baam to aaya.

Balwant Dixit

Jun 2, 2009, 10:05:03 AM6/2/09
I just do not think that inaugurating a Khyal Kendra and appointing Mukul
Shivputra as its Pradhan Shikshak is the remedy for his ills. As DG has
said, "Guards or no guards, he'll vanish in a short while." He will
disappear from the Kendra as well as he will abandon his responsibility
once his mind and brain is taken over by his urge to imbibe. Alcoholism (and
maybe he has some other problems that no one has diagnosed) cannot be cured,
people who are helping him with money and providing other type of help are
only playing a role of "enablers." He has to be in the constant company or
supervision of a "recovering alcoholic" who has been at least several years
"dry." Only such a person can understand what it takes to remain "dry." He
should talk to him on a daily basis and take him to meet other recovering
alcoholics at least 5-6 times a week. Each time they meet they should try to
reinforce each other and help each other for not going back to drink. When
he gets this "urge" he should call his so called "sponsor" and try to seek
help to overcome his difficulty. If there is a "group home" in town, that
is where he should stay for several months. Khyal Kendra is not such a
place. All the writings so eloquently written (e.g. Sachin Chandratrey's
article in Lokmat or Namrata Joshi's article in Outlook) have only provided
one side of the story about his music but are missing the point that Mukul
is not a normal person, he has become addicted to alcohol and in many
instances such persons do not recover. Giving him "Aphoochi Goli" is not
going to help him to kick his habit. Even with programs like AA only 10-15
% persons ultimately can "kick" the habit. Others go down in every aspect
of their health, close relatives and friends abandon them (they have no
choice) and ultimately are lost "on the roadside" where no one will be able
to help them ......................BND

"Manohar" <manoha...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Nishant Sharma

Jun 4, 2009, 4:56:52 AM6/4/09
> place. All the writings so eloquently written (e.g. Sachin Chandratrey's
> article in Lokmat or Namrata Joshi's article in Outlook) have only provided
> one side of the story about his music but are missing the point that Mukul
> is not a normal person

I completely agree. All the reports have romanticized the issue, made
Mukul into some kind of unworldly fakir-like genius. They have not
mentioned the countless number of times other people had tried to help
him earlier, all that he ran away from.

Nishant

Balwant Dixit

Jun 4, 2009, 2:44:34 PM6/4/09
Your statement, "They have not mentioned the countless number of times other
people had tried to help him earlier, all that he ran away from" aptly
summerizes the situation. That is what happens to such people. No one can
control that. Even he cannot control that. From what I have read, and from
I have been told by a few who have accompanied him, his situation looks very
serious and if I had to guess, unless somthing is done in the very near
future he is a lost cause. It looks like his immediate family has given up
on him. That is the way it goes. ...................................BND

"Nishant Sharma" <nishant.ar...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Kuldeep

Jun 5, 2009, 1:45:14 AM6/5/09

< They have not mentioned the countless number of times other people
had tried to help
him earlier, all that he ran away from.
Nishant >

Whether he has been romanticized or not does not reduce the genius
that he is.
The romanticizing is a media problem, not his. Secondly no one denies
his irresponsible
behaviour, but as it is so obvious to all, it need'nt be mentioned
again and again.
What is of great concern to all people interested in him as a musician
and thinker
is that, the loss of his music is an unthinkable catastrophe to the
Indian Music tradition.
Lets all hope that he finds some solace in the world.
Kuldeep

Abhik Majumdar

Jun 5, 2009, 6:50:09 AM6/5/09
> Whether he has been romanticized or not does not reduce the genius that he is.

At the same time, skewed media reports might provoke the government
and other agencies into taking myopic steps to "ensure his well-
being". Before taking any action, one must understand where exactly
the problem lies. And by romanticising the issue, the media's not
helping any. I agree with Dr Dixit (and Nishant) on this.

Abhik

imnotap...@yahoo.com

Jun 5, 2009, 11:25:07 AM6/5/09
On Jun 4, 10:45 pm, Kuldeep <kuldeep.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ... no one denies his irresponsible behaviour,

> but as it is so obvious to all, it need'nt be
> mentioned again and again.

Ditto his genius. So let us just stop discussing "atyabaichya
misha" (Marathi, proverbial auntie's moustaches: impossible
hypothetical situations)

DG

Abhishek

Jun 5, 2009, 5:03:45 PM6/5/09

DG, you've obviously not seen some of my relatives that pass of as
'aunties' - but point well taken.

~
Abhishek