bandish lyrics

Samir

May 27, 2004, 4:14:15 PM5/27/04
Could someone please post the lyrics of the following songs please:

'ab more naiya paar karoge' (todi)

&

'yaar e man bea' (darbari tarana)

Thanks for your help.

Samir

Rajiv Chakravarti

May 29, 2004, 1:19:51 PM5/29/04
sa...@ahmad.net (Samir) wrote in message news:<9b01f500.04052...@posting.google.com>...

As per your request:

bandish (teentaal, madhyalaya/drut)
===================================

ab mori naiyya paar karo tum
Hazrat Nizaamuddin auliyaa || ab mori ||

dukh darid(r)a sab door karat hai
Tanras Khan ke leeje Khabariya
Ganj-e-shakar ke hooN laRaiyaa || ab mori ||

taranaa (Ektaal, Darbari -- the version, I have heard anyway):
yaar-e-man biyaa, biyaa
dere na tom, tana na tom, dere na ||yaar-e-man||

ba.lab.am raseeda jaan.am, tu biyaa k. zindaa maan.am
pas az.aaN k. man na maan.am, ba che kaar Khwaahi aamad? ||yaar-e-man||

NOTES:

Antara loosely translated (My Farsi is still rudimentary, for forgive me*) --
The life(force) has now reached my lips (escaping me), come sO I may survive
For if I am gone, then what will be the purpose of your arrival ?

The antara to this tarana is a couplet from
Amir Khusrau's beautiful Farsi GHazal:
Khabar.am raseeda im.shab, k. nigaar Khwaahi aamad
sar-e-man fidaa-e-raahi, k. savaar Khwaahi aamad

Hope that helps.
Rajiv

Afzal A. Khan

May 30, 2004, 12:54:22 PM5/30/04

Rajiv Chakravarti wrote:

> sa...@ahmad.net (Samir) wrote in message

> > Samir

> As per your request:
>
> bandish (teentaal, madhyalaya/drut)
> ===================================
>
> ab mori naiyya paar karo tum
> Hazrat Nizaamuddin auliyaa || ab mori ||
>
> dukh darid(r)a sab door karat hai
> Tanras Khan ke leeje Khabariya
> Ganj-e-shakar ke hooN laRaiyaa || ab mori ||

Baba Fareeduddin GaNj~shakar is a much revered Muslim
saint.

> taranaa (Ektaal, Darbari -- the version, I have heard anyway):
> yaar-e-man biyaa, biyaa
> dere na tom, tana na tom, dere na ||yaar-e-man||
>
> ba.lab.am raseeda jaan.am, tu biyaa k. zindaa maan.am
> pas az.aaN k. man na maan.am, ba che kaar Khwaahi aamad? ||yaar-e-man||
>
> NOTES:
>
> Antara loosely translated (My Farsi is still rudimentary, for forgive me*) --
> The life(force) has now reached my lips (escaping me), come sO I may survive
> For if I am gone, then what will be the purpose of your arrival ?

A more accurate translation for the first line is :

'Meree jaan ab hoNtoN tak aa gayee hai"
i.e. the moment of my death is just a breath away.

Afzal

> Rajiv

Manohar Bodas

May 31, 2004, 1:09:39 PM5/31/04
sa...@ahmad.net (Samir) wrote in message news:<9b01f500.04052...@posting.google.com>...

yaar-e-man biyaa, biyaa

> dere na tom, tana na tom, dere na ||yaar-e-man||
>
> ba.lab.am raseeda jaan.am, tu biyaa k. zindaa maan.am
> pas az.aaN k. man na maan.am, ba che kaar Khwaahi aamad? ||yaar-e-man||

Yaar e man biyaa My friend came.

The verb is Rasssidan = come arrive. Raseeda past tense. Jaan is jân
soul

tu is same as HIndi Tu. ( Aap is Shuma.)

Zinda Maan am : I am alive.

Pas meands after. the same meaning as Baad: Howevwr Baad is borrowed
fromArabic. Pas is pure Farsi. (Pas Farda, after tomorrow)

Ba is with

che is What

Kaar= work perhaps you know bekaar or Karkhana

Ammad = Came,arrived.

I think the wording is not az ann. Must be a bit different : az means:
Greed if it it is noun, used as preposition is of from. So it must be
some other words.

In some other Post there was a word asb.Asb is horse, In Sanskrit is
Ashwa. Ein asb Irani ast= This is Irani horse, Asb e man My horse,

By the way there is no upper case in Farsi and no puncuation. The
question mark is inverted ? used these days

So read it and have fun. May be it will make some sense.

MB

Afzal A. Khan

May 31, 2004, 5:04:50 PM5/31/04

Manohar Bodas wrote:

> sa...@ahmad.net (Samir) wrote in message news:<9b01f500.04052...@posting.google.com>...
> > Could someone please post the lyrics of the following songs please:
> >
> > 'ab more naiya paar karoge' (todi)
> >
> > &
> >
> > 'yaar e man bea' (darbari tarana)
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Samir
>
> yaar-e-man biyaa, biyaa
> > dere na tom, tana na tom, dere na ||yaar-e-man||
> >
> > ba.lab.am raseeda jaan.am, tu biyaa k. zindaa maan.am
> > pas az.aaN k. man na maan.am, ba che kaar Khwaahi aamad? ||yaar-e-man||
> >
> Yaar e man biyaa My friend came.
>

> The verb is Rasssidan = come arrive. Raseeda past tense. Jaan is jān

> soul
>
> tu is same as HIndi Tu. ( Aap is Shuma.)
>
> Zinda Maan am : I am alive.
>
> Pas meands after. the same meaning as Baad: Howevwr Baad is borrowed
> fromArabic. Pas is pure Farsi. (Pas Farda, after tomorrow)
>
> Ba is with
>
> che is What
>
> Kaar= work perhaps you know bekaar or Karkhana
>
> Ammad = Came,arrived.
>
> I think the wording is not az ann. Must be a bit different : az means:
> Greed if it it is noun, used as preposition is of from. So it must be
> some other words.
>
> In some other Post there was a word asb.Asb is horse, In Sanskrit is
> Ashwa. Ein asb Irani ast= This is Irani horse, Asb e man My horse,
>
> By the way there is no upper case in Farsi and no puncuation. The
> question mark is inverted ? used these days
>
> So read it and have fun. May be it will make some sense.
>
> MB

Your translation/interpretation is almost entirely
correct.

"Pas~az~aaN" = Us ke b'ad (After that). Here "that"
refers to the succeeding clause. In Hindi, we can say :
"Jab maiN na rahooNga, (us ke b'ad), agar tum aaye bhee...".

"Horse" in Farsi is "asp".

Afzal

Manohar Bodas

Jun 1, 2004, 10:50:55 PM6/1/04
"Afzal A. Khan" <me_a...@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<40BB9DF2...@privacy.net>...

Afzal I think I made a mistake.

Yar e man Biyya. It is present tense. like Doost e Man Biyaa. My
friend please come. dont we say Biyaa biya inja in Farsi.

Had it been Amad It would have been Came

Am I right.

BTW there was lot of exchange of thoughts about the word Amad by many
Gurus. Hope the got the meaning by now.

Thanks

Manohar (Minocher)

> Manohar Bodas wrote:
> >
> > sa...@ahmad.net (Samir) wrote in message news:<9b01f500.04052...@posting.google.com>...
> > > Could someone please post the lyrics of the following songs please:
> > >
> > > 'ab more naiya paar karoge' (todi)
> > >
> > > &
> > >
> > > 'yaar e man bea' (darbari tarana)
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help.
> > >
> > > Samir
> >
> > yaar-e-man biyaa, biyaa
> > > dere na tom, tana na tom, dere na ||yaar-e-man||
> > >
> > > ba.lab.am raseeda jaan.am, tu biyaa k. zindaa maan.am
> > > pas az.aaN k. man na maan.am, ba che kaar Khwaahi aamad? ||yaar-e-man||
> > >
> > Yaar e man biyaa My friend came.
> >

> > The verb is Rasssidan = come arrive. Raseeda past tense. Jaan is jân

> > soul
> >
> > tu is same as HIndi Tu. ( Aap is Shuma.)
> >
> > Zinda Maan am : I am alive.
> >

> > Pas means after. the same meaning as Baad: Howevr Baad is borrowed
> > from Arabic. Pas is pure Farsi. (Pas Farda, after tomorrow)

Afzal A. Khan

Jun 2, 2004, 1:48:46 PM6/2/04

Manohar Bodas wrote:

> "Afzal A. Khan" <me_a...@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<40BB9DF2...@privacy.net>...
>
> Afzal I think I made a mistake.
>
> Yar e man Biyya. It is present tense. like Doost e Man Biyaa. My
> friend please come. dont we say Biyaa biya inja in Farsi.
>
> Had it been Amad It would have been Came
>
> Am I right.
>
> BTW there was lot of exchange of thoughts about the word Amad by many
> Gurus. Hope the got the meaning by now.
>
> Thanks
>
> Manohar (Minocher)

> > Your translation/interpretation is almost entirely
> > correct.
> >
> > "Pas~az~aaN" = Us ke b'ad (After that). Here "that"
> > refers to the succeeding clause. In Hindi, we can say :
> > "Jab maiN na rahooNga, (us ke b'ad), agar tum aaye bhee...".
> >
> > "Horse" in Farsi is "asp".
> >

> > Afzal

I didn't quite get what you said here. Perhaps you mean that
"aamad" at the end of the second line may be incorrect because
it is past tense. Though I cannot claim to know much Farsi,
I think the usage here is quite correct. It is a case of
Subjunctive Mood. Something like "Even if N apologized a
hundred times, people may not forgive him for his impertinence".
Just my opinion.

Afzal

Manohar Bodas

Jun 2, 2004, 10:13:26 PM6/2/04
"Afzal A. Khan" <me_a...@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<40BE12FE...@privacy.net>...
> Manohar Bodas wrote:
Yes you are right.

I think: Yaar e man biyya means (Please Lot Fan) My friend Come. It is
present tense. and wish.

and the rest may be like saying (When) You came......

Amad in the second line is ok and is correct.

Right?

MB

Afzal A. Khan

Jun 2, 2004, 10:40:34 PM6/2/04

Manohar Bodas wrote:

> "Afzal A. Khan" <me_a...@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<40BE12FE...@privacy.net>...
> > Manohar Bodas wrote:
> Yes you are right.
>
> I think: Yaar e man biyya means (Please Lot Fan) My friend Come. It is
> present tense. and wish.
>
> and the rest may be like saying (When) You came......
>
> Amad in the second line is ok and is correct.
>
> Right?
>
> MB

Yes. It is more like (If) rather than (When).

Afzal

sailendr...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2013, 10:33:28 AM7/5/13
Please lyrics of Brindabani sarang drut by bhimsen joshi plz

ahirbhairav

Jul 7, 2013, 12:23:00 PM7/7/13
Could you post a specific link to which bandish you want please?

radhas...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2014, 10:12:24 AM11/23/14
YFNFTFGTYGHBUYGGYGHYGYGHYGPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP YO! YO! YO!