OT: I Don't wanna ride no more!

Da Lamp

Sep 10, 2003, 10:24:21 AM9/10/03
Whassup ya'll ...u know how some time folks get personal in here that
don't have shit to do with hiphop? We'll im about to do that. Some of
ya'll I know relate to me in some way for over years so here it
goes...We'll if ya'll didnt know Im from the Town (Oakland Ca) and one
of the reasons I moved to the valley of calif is becausee the funk that
I was tired of getting in (olus the high as rent!!)..actually not me
getting into funk but the homies so that included me. Got tired of
having to put in work and seeing homies get life, killed, shot at and I
got tired of being shot at and watching my back. So I been living back
and forth in the Valley for like a decade....and guess what, its the
same ole shit!! U might say we'll i keep certain company, negative!!
What if that company is real family blood? I say I get a call every
2months or so from a homie/cousin/brother about "Yo I just got into it
wit them niggas ____________ we about to go lay em down whassup u
riding? Back in the days I would hop in actually angry however about 5
years ago I started participating but really not wanting too....now I
flat out just aint wit the bullshit no more. I realize that I was always
the peace maker in the hood and I never ever, ever, ever get into
problems on my own...every pieace of business I got into was over a
homie or a family member. For instance at a club like 2months ago two of
the homies was drunk....and we only 3 deep and whenever i see the homies
drunk I dedicate my night to making sure they stay cool and don't start
shit, we'll this night my boys was disrespecting some braud and some
dude told them to chill and they put hands on him viciously. So during
the fight I snatch my homeboy off dude and im str8 up blindsided my some
fool....i put hands on dude (think i knocked one of his teeth out too)
and now i have to be heavy wherever I go because if i see this fool he
gonna try to give me a dirt nap. Now I know where the saying "shit dont
stop" come from. Im now in my late 20's and im cool on the bullshit,
When I was young i use to think Trey on boyz in the hood was the biggest
bitch on earth for getting out of that chevy when they were going to put
in some work. Now I almost feel him.....It makes no since to me no more
to ride on a cat for talking shit or even yet a fight......as far as a
eye for eye i belive in that but what sense does it make to go do life
in the pen too? Us Black folks got it fucked up in the hood and it takes
getting all day in the pen for some to learn. I have so many dead homies
its sick, So many bros in the pen. Lots of the dead homies younger and
never even seen they 20's. Niggaz going to jail every year on
violations...all this shit is sounding sick to me now, if u can relate
holla back...I just had to vent ya'lll, I don't know what to tell these
niggaz no mo.....as far as hustling I can't tell them shit but when it
come to that goaless banging I let them have it but they don't listen.

Da Lamp

DMD

Sep 10, 2003, 11:29:10 AM9/10/03
man sometimes you just gotta end shit...

get a gun from one of your homies and just end it if its so bad dog!

My dope is two toned
but I had to change my spot cause it turned into a drug free school zone-'Kiss

Loc Dog

Sep 10, 2003, 12:07:15 PM9/10/03
> man sometimes you just gotta end shit...
>
> get a gun from one of your homies and just end it if its so bad dog!

what a fuckin idiot, ignore that shit brick

man I can't relate at all to be honest, but all I can really say is keep ya
head up and try to change your situation and make it what you want it to be.

Peace,
LocDogJr

DJ Loc Dog is currently bumping: Winamp stopped

Composed by Mailer Signature (http://www.unusualworks.com)
"DMD" <painin...@aol.comKeepAway> wrote in message

Rick Nariani

Sep 10, 2003, 1:07:08 PM9/10/03
Sup Lamp,
Of all the posts in here recently, i really felt ur situation. For one,
hustling is a one way street. I'm done with that bullshit, and if anyone
close to you is slanging yay or even weed, fuck em. That bad karma travels,
and eventually it'll find its way to you. I've had to fuck off alot of my
crew for that reason, and 75% of these guys are trapped in the game. They've
got these stupid phones with barely any business, they're a few grand in
debt and cant stop spending. I try to tell these fools, but they dont
listen. To make it worst, when we used to roll out on the weekends and go to
the clubs. These guys had games in their socks, fuckin halfers inbetween
their toes, do you know how many times we ran into the cops for various
reasons and got searched? THANK GOD we never got busted. I've been staring
down the barrel of a minimum 5 year sentence every weekend for the last 6-7
years of my life. FUCK THAT! I drive a 2003 RSX, fully souped, i cant be
rolling like a blatent crack dealer. Even though i wasnt, anymore. But
anyways, thats just the hustling part of it. Thats done.
Secondly, getting stupidly wasted and starting random fights, whether it be
at the clubs or on the block, its a fucking waste of time. I just turned 22
today actually, and it aint a fun age to be starting shit. The way i look at
it, i ran with my crew for a long time, i could only go so far in life. And
it peaked, then stalled. It was fun while it lasted. But progress was not
happening, as far as school, job, and personal life. Straight up, when we
got wasted and rolled, girls were scared to approach us, at least 10-15
deep, half these dudes blatently rubbing their noses like they've been
snorting and drinking all night. And of course, fights were a nightly
occurence. Standing on the corner of the clubs looking over your shoulder
every 2 minutes to make sure no one is creeping. So now that i've fucked
mostly everyone off, progress is picking up. Got a fly ass job, degree is on
the verge of being finished, and the girlies are flocking. The moral of this
story, fuck everyone. Handle your own business. Sometimes it takes a fat ass
joint solo style to get ur mind right. Respect....

peace,
Rick

"Da Lamp" <Kalif...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Dippi

Sep 10, 2003, 8:54:06 PM9/10/03

"Da Lamp" <Kalif...@webtv.net> wrote in message

man, I originally was gonna say alot, but yall aint gotta hear my ramblin...
i feel you. I think you kinda like the same type of cat as me... I was
always the laidback dude havin to bail my boys out of situations they
couldn't handle or always gettin into some shit I didn't wanna have to deal
wit cuz of my crew. You aint gonna get ya boys to stop the hustle really...
stay fam wit them, but let em kno you aint really down wit the bangin that
it aint worth it to you... they may not all understand it, but the ones you
tight wit should and should still understand that you got they back

this is funny tho, cuz I kno you dont wanna be takin advice from a dude 10
years younger than you

Josh Scott

Sep 10, 2003, 9:54:19 PM9/10/03
"Lamp, I feel you"-like 4tay on that Pac track

Man you know it's heavy in the Bay, like The Jacka says "it's supa-thug in
the Bay", it's just too damn crazy...

Since my pops moved to Dago I've been back and forth all up and down the
Golden State, and I see it's like Quik said, it's all the same ol'
shit...shit is depressing, it's like you can't find a good spot no
more...even the most expensive and safest area for me around here (Atherton)
is only a block away from 5th Ave and the grimey ass blocks of youth...

I was born and raised in the 650 (formerly part of the 415), which consists
of Redwood City, East Palo Alto, Menlo Park and more...Redwood was crack
capital and EPA was murder capital like the same fuckin year, I was just a
youngster....that's not the way to grow up, shit aint fun...and around here
it's like flooded with Nortenos, who got beef with me cuz my favorite color
is blue...knowing damn well I don't bang they try to get at me, but they
know better cuz they know the folx I run with...then to make it worse, I
gotta bounce to Dago and deal with fuckin Surenos! Same shit, different
smell, fuck em all...

The weight on my shoulders is fuckin hurtin my spine, pimpin...from the gate
I had to deal with everything, even my damn Pops comes straight to me for
advice! All my folx come to me as the problem solver, but you know it's
fucked up when your dad is doing the same...

Shit just aint plush, aint lovely, aint worth a god damn thing...I just
wanna get rich, I don't want any of my seeds to have to see anything like
that, which is a trip cuz I had it good compared to some muhfuckas...

--
Josh Scott
sco-lo