Thurston Howell III

1 view

Aaron

Aug 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/1/98
I just copped the Thurston Howell demo. He is maaaaad funny. Definately
gives Eminem a run for the money. He's extra dope cuz a couple of his demo
songs are over instrumentals.

"An A&R named Buford, if lifes a bitch im one of her two kids / a muthafukka
who's stoopid..."

"First round KO, takin all proceeds / punchlines cause nosebleeds / I score
more than all the playas & I aint even in the leauge!"

"I know a girl named Cindy who thinks shes pretty / nice big ass but no kind
of titties / looks Puerto Rican but her family is from the Indies / actin
high class but works part time at Wendys"

"And this girl named Sophie who sucks dick slowly / did me so well, i bought
the bitch a trophy / she told me to take back the trophy & buy some Oakleys
/ for her man up north, so when he comes home he wont smoke me!"

--
"You can lose or you can lose, those are your options" Thurston Howell III

Wise Rebel

Aug 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/1/98
"Aaron" writes:

>I just copped the Thurston Howell demo. He is maaaaad funny. Definately
>gives Eminem a run for the money. He's extra dope cuz a couple of his demo
>songs are over instrumentals.

I'm feeling him too. Mostly cause he has some different rhyme patterns
than most kids out there. As well as a distinctive delievery. Plus he's
funny. "I even write down "freestyle" under special talents when submitting
an application".

>"And this girl named Sophie who sucks dick slowly / did me so well, i bought
>the bitch a trophy / she told me to take back the trophy & buy some Oakleys
>/ for her man up north, so when he comes home he wont smoke me!"

Haha!

Wise

ma...@mnsi.net

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
In article <6pvdn6$a0cs$1...@newssvr04-int.news.prodigy.com>,

"Aaron" <a-...@prodigy.net> wrote:
> I just copped the Thurston Howell demo. He is maaaaad funny. Definately
> gives Eminem a run for the money. He's extra dope cuz a couple of his demo
> songs are over instrumentals.

I was tellin y'all last year about this kid...one of the dopest, plus he
freaks it with his voice too

"in a swordfight to the death all I lost was my mustache"

"I freak the track like two Korean lesbians with pierced tongues"

that demo tape is illlllllllllllllllllll, I'm waiting for a "12

there's this kid named Pack FM (current 88 Hip-Hop battle champion), kid is
fuckin nice too, he needs to put some shit out, he tore Pumpkinhead in a
battle a few weeks ago

don't sleep on Breezevaflowin either

I'm Plexxxx baby, who's you?

Wise Rebel

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
>I was tellin y'all last year about this kid...one of the dopest, plus he
>freaks it with his voice too

Yeah, I like his delivery. I remember seeing him in the unsigned
hype and being impressed by the quotes.

>"in a swordfight to the death all I lost was my mustache"
>
>"I freak the track like two Korean lesbians with pierced tongues"
>
>that demo tape is illlllllllllllllllllll, I'm waiting for a "12

Where did you get the demo tape from?
I'd like to peep it.

>there's this kid named Pack FM (current 88 Hip-Hop battle champion), kid is
>fuckin nice too, he needs to put some shit out, he tore Pumpkinhead in a
>battle a few weeks ago

I thought Pumpkinhead won, because Pack was coming with writtens.
I've heard him freestyle though, and he was good. But I think he came with
writtens because he felt Pumpkin posed a threat. His writtens were
good though IMO.

>don't sleep on Breezevaflowin either

He is a dope battle MC. Cause he can come up with replys on the spot.
But his writtens are terrible.

Wise

Tim.

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98

Aaron <a-...@prodigy.net> wrote in article
<6pvdn6$a0cs$1...@newssvr04-int.news.prodigy.com>...

> I just copped the Thurston Howell demo. He is maaaaad funny. Definately
> gives Eminem a run for the money. He's extra dope cuz a couple of his
demo
> songs are over instrumentals.

Yeah, i got that Wake Up Show video from Sandbox and he's on there (along
with some Juice, Eminem, and Wordsworth "freestyles"). He's pretty dope. I
like how he changes his pitch and speed.

And now I know what Wordsworth looks like.

"I know that I'm mad nice and in the movie I think I should play the part
and be the director."

Wise Rebel

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
"Tim" writes:

>"I know that I'm mad nice and in the movie I think I should play the part
>and be the director."

Is that why he said that? Cause they were filming?

Is the tape worth buying?

Wise

Medda4

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
>>don't sleep on Breezevaflowin either
>
>He is a dope battle MC. Cause he can come up with replys on the spot.

props to Invinsible (from Ann Arbor) for taking Breez out. He's niice yeah, but
there's many many cats that are a step beyond

Tim.

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98

Wise Rebel <wise...@aol.com> wrote in article
<199808030517...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

> "Tim" writes:
>
> >"I know that I'm mad nice and in the movie I think I should play the
part
> >and be the director."
>
> Is that why he said that? Cause they were filming?

That part wasn't on the tape.

> Is the tape worth buying?

It's alright if you like to see MCs do written verses on camera. I don't
think there was ONE real freestyle on the whole tape. There are some
inerludes, too, which could have been left out. I liked the B-boy, DJ and
Shaolin ones though. It has that final Notorious BIG interview.

If you want real freestyles, though, it's not really worth it.

> Wise

dj_ski...@my-dejanews.com

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
"Aaron" <a-...@prodigy.net> wrote:
> I just copped the Thurston Howell demo. He is maaaaad funny. Definately
> gives Eminem a run for the money. He's extra dope cuz a couple of his demo
> songs are over instrumentals.

Yeah, he rolled through Daygo with the first Lyricist Lounge tour, (anybody
know about a second tour with De La headlinin'?). The cat's mad funny, but I
think he should come a little more politically correct. Some of his stuff's a
little strong for me to laugh at, ESPECIALLY if I've got a girlie girl w/
me...

Jason aka SkinnyDip

The UltraJam Show
Representin' SD Hip Hop
SRTV, Cox Cable, SouthWestern Cable

Aaron

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98

>Yeah, I like his delivery. I remember seeing him in the unsigned
>hype and being impressed by the quotes.

In the Source?

>Where did you get the demo tape from?
>I'd like to peep it.

I got it in a trade.

Wise Rebel

Aug 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/5/98
"Aaron" writes:

>>Yeah, I like his delivery. I remember seeing him in the unsigned
>>hype and being impressed by the quotes.

>In the Source?

Yeah.

They haven't had anyone dope in the Unsigned Hype since Eminem.
Last month they were jocking some kids called the "Columbians".

Wise