It seems (the real) Hip-Hip (Rap) will die.......

Shayan Arkian

Mar 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/17/99
Man waz up?
Master P is on Cube's LP, Puffy will be on Krayzie's LP, Jayo Felony
(West) raps with Method Man and DMX (East). The Bitch Mariah sings with
Bone, JD and others. What tha fuck up? Back in the day there was los of
battles and disses. Since Tupac and Biggie were killed, there is just
love songs and other bullshit. Back in the dayz, the battle between Dre
and Eazy, Cube and Cypress or MC Shan and LL Cool J. Who will finaly
diss No Limit?? First I thought Cube, but nahh, he raps with him, than I
thought MC Ren or others, but all give NL propz (But least Ren dissed
Will Smith, Heavy D, Ginuwine and others). That make me sick. Waz up? Is
there a contract that nobody allowed to diss anybody? There is no more
Battles between Labels like Ruthless vs. Deathrow. Or I am sleeping??
Hip-Hop will be more and more commerzial.

What do u think?

--
Araky

Vishal Dutta MCP

Mar 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/17/99
I thought I was the only one thinking about that.
definetly needed

Vishal Dutta-MCP
ICQ#21766687
http://www.sinc.sunysb.edu/Stu/vdutta/

**********************************
* *
* WORDS TO LIVE BY *
* *
* TO LOVE, HATE, OR FEAR *
* SOMEONE IS TO VALUE THEM! *
**********************************

Shayan Arkian

Mar 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/17/99
Shayan Arkian schrieb in Nachricht <36f00...@news.isis.de>...

Oh yea, if forgot to say Ice T is on evry clips of faggots MCs. Man waz
up? He was the shit, now he is like a Bitch. Or Cube, he was an
original, now raps with Master P.

--
Araky

Jay C

Mar 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/17/99
>Oh yea, if forgot to say Ice T is on evry clips of faggots MCs. Man waz
>up? He was the shit, now he is like a Bitch. Or Cube, he was an
>original, now raps with Master P.
Because someone raps with P it don't make them unoriginal, I don't like
Master P or Ice Cube (old or new), however just because he went with P
he aint wack because of that.

Most people hate No Limit not because of their music quality, lyrics,
but because its an image. Its cool to hate the ones at the top tha kids
with tha money. This doesn't affect the music they produce.

Currently I don't know why it is dope to love the underground but not
the mainstream. Why?? I personally don't like No Limit because I
disagree with their lyrics and think their musical structures are wack.
I feel each song is extremely similar to the others.

What are your reasons??
--

Jay C

CCA
Destructors

http://ccalandz.virtualave.net/

Sensei A

Mar 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/17/99

Shayan Arkian wrote in message <36f00...@news.isis.de>...

>Man waz up?
>Master P is on Cube's LP, Puffy will be on Krayzie's LP, Jayo Felony
>(West) raps with Method Man and DMX (East). The Bitch Mariah sings with
>Bone, JD and others. What tha fuck up? Back in the day there was los of
>battles and disses. Since Tupac and Biggie were killed, there is just
>love songs and other bullshit. Back in the dayz, the battle between Dre
>and Eazy, Cube and Cypress or MC Shan and LL Cool J. Who will finaly
>diss No Limit?? First I thought Cube, but nahh, he raps with him, than I
>thought MC Ren or others, but all give NL propz (But least Ren dissed
>Will Smith, Heavy D, Ginuwine and others). That make me sick. Waz up? Is
>there a contract that nobody allowed to diss anybody? There is no more
>Battles between Labels like Ruthless vs. Deathrow. Or I am sleeping??
>Hip-Hop will be more and more commerzial.
>
>What do u think?
>
>--
>Araky
>
>Hasn't RZA said some choice words about No-Limit?

Earnest Pettie

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99

You know, in the music business, having a trademark "sound" is nothing new at all. That's why artists pick certain producers they want to work with. It's been going on for decades, so I don't have so much of a problem with that. Also, just playing Devils' Advocate....did it ever occur to you (the person who started the thread and those of like opinions) that these artists work with these other people (Master P, Puffy, etc...) because they like and *respect* what these people are doing?

WUZ! TFL

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
>What do u think?

Fuck this pessimism. That's what I think. Well not that strong, but you're
only looking at one side of the picture. You can't tell me real HipHop is
dying. Not if I can help it. As long as this commercial variety of HipHop
will exist, the underground will keep on existing. More even, if neccessary,
the underground will surpass the commercial HipHop. Just look at blues.
Nothing that comes on the radio these days really qualifies as blues (okay
okay... a small portion of it), but blues is still alive and kicking...
underground.

You really can't fool me saying HipHop is dying. Not after I've been to
HipHopparties such as B-Boyizmz in Antwerp or Back To Planet Rock in
Eindhoven, not after I went to the HipHopcafé in the Feniks in Sittard, not
after all these freestyle cyphers I've had with my crew, not after I got the
Coup album, not after I've seen the Postmen live, and this list can go on
forever... And so will HipHop. We just have to pass the traditions to the
coming generations. Spread HipHop... Real HipHop. You can't tell me HipHop
is dying after me and my crew have been building on the HipHopscene in this
little black hole in Belgium with success.

So please, instead of whining about this, make the fucking change!

Peace,

"Okay okay, what about if I toss your salad?"

"The intelligent Belgian rebellion, I might go gold like medallion,
but more likely I'll go platinum"-WUZ!-
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5145/
VISITOR 43 @ www.rmhh.com
FUCK RIAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WUZ The Flemish Lion-TWC-CSC-RECHTSTREEKS

Jay C

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
I jus wanna express my logic.

At the current date their is a huge feud amongst the mainstream and
underground, I can see no logic in this. Almost every emcee is after
money. The mainstream emcees make alot more of it than the underground.
Is this the reason??

Is it the mainstream rappers attitude if not you cannot categorize the
whole mainstream as wack jus elements of it. Is this the reason??

Is it because it is fashionable to hate the mainstream??

blah blah blah

What I am trying to say is there could be a million reasons for this
conflict but the fact remains these are both forms of rap. So what if
one has more money than the other, more success than emcees *you* rate
higher, appreciated more, etc. An artist cannot be judged by his status,
he should be judged by his work.

Take Wu Tang when they started out underground (as all emcees do)
everyone was riding them, yet as soon as to many peeps appreciate them
it is no longer hip to appreciate em, they are labelled wack because
they sell records?

Take No Limit these kids are straight for the money yet why hate them
for this? Most emcees are. It is a dream of thousands.

How about The Roots they are still classified underground what happens
when they break big time will yawl hate them to???

Jay C

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
> You know, in the music business, having a trademark "sound" is
> nothing new at all.
and..

>That's why artists pick certain producers they
> want to work with.
and..

> It's been going on for decades, so I don't have
> so much of a problem with that.
ok your point was?

> Also, just playing Devils'
> Advocate....did it ever occur to you (the person who started the
> thread and those of like opinions) that these artists work with
> these other people (Master P, Puffy, etc...) because they like and
> *respect* what these people are doing?

That doesn't make *me* like their music. It don't make their musical
structure any better. DO you like No Limit? Yes/no?

Earnest Pettie

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
> That doesn't make *me* like their music. It don't make their musical
> structure any better. DO you like No Limit? Yes/no?

To be perfectly honest, I am not a fan of No Limit at all. But "musical
structure" is such a vague reference. I will tell you exactly what I
dislike about the No Limit recordings I've heard. First off, I can't relate
to the themes in their music. Second, I've yet to hear a No Limit recording
artist whose style of rapping grabbed me. I am repulsed by Mystikal...can't
stand the screaming. I do not like Silkk because his mumbled phrases simply
aren't so attractive to me. I don't like Master P's voice...and most of
what he talks about is completely foreign to me. I have never really like
Snoop Dogg...I could go on and on. Musically, the beats sound too lo-fi.
People may hate sampling, but you can get richer texture from using a lush
sample. If I want bare beats, I'll go back to RUN DMC where the music is
actually fun... I just don't like the whole "I'm a thug" mentality, and the
accompanying music doesn't do it for me. Yes, some variety would be nice.

While I'm here, rap did seem a lot more fun once when there were all kinds
of people battling and he rhymes were simply more fun. I'd love to go back
to that day. I think that's why Eminem got such a big reception on the
internet. Why do undergrounds hate mainstreamers? I've said it before and
I'll say it again, Ego. And yes half th epeople who love underground
artists now will hate them when they go big, but that's nothing new either.
I found an old Mad Magazine comic that dealt with that sort of thing, but
it came out in the 80's and was talking about rock groups.

Jake Facet

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
A couple years ago I thought there was to be some beef with Heiro and Wu,
started by Del (Rza....), but I guess they tight. I don't know. Shit, I
call out to Pras, Will, Bone, Mase, just about every whack rapper in my
lyrics, but I aint about to get some real beef goin' with em...

--
also known as Dizzy Dean

"My whole crew snaps necks like Jerry Lawler, steal dollars, from toddlers,
shit, I tell a preist, bitch got ring around the collar"
--Jake Facet

WUZ! TFL

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99

Jay C wrote:
>At the current date their is a huge feud amongst the mainstream and
>underground, I can see no logic in this.
[...]

I have no problem at all with mainstream HipHop. No wait, let me rephrase
this, I have no problem with dope mainstream HipHop. Because, after all, I
listen to HipHop for a reason. Several reasons, actually. But one of them is
the interesting things some MC's put forth. I liked Hard Knock Life
somewhat, but Jay-Z's album didn't interest me at all. I couldn't care less
about his cars. I like Timbaland production in most cases, but I really
don't see any fun in hearing Missy Elliot moan and grunt. I really loved Wu
Tang's raw and uncut style on "36 chambers", but it seems as if the RZA
would rather sound artificial than pure, if you know what I mean. Just
listen to Bobby Digital. I can hear those beats, but I can't feel them. They
sound so fake.

Ofcourse, I can't speak for everyone on this newsgroup, or for every
"backpacker", but that's my viewpoint. I do think underground jockers exist.
I admit, I have been one for a while, but I just can't deny I really like
the beat to Aaliyah's "Are you that somebody", so I won't pretend I don't.
But if I hear Timbaland, Magoo and Missy talking crap over a dope beat, I
can't say I support that. See, I don't think that it's a fued between
mainstream and underground, I think it depends on what you look for in the
music. If I just wanted something that sounds good to the ear, I'd be all
over Timbaland's shit, but that's not enough for me. This may sound
pretentious or whatever, but my mind wants something too.

So if the Roots don't get on some watered down shit (which they probably
won't, because they keep coming dope time after time, their sounds are
enslaving), I will keep loving and supporting them. But if they'll be stuck
in a cartoon like RZA, they get the bozack.

Peace,

"If this was fiction it would be easier to write this"-Boots

BradChamp

Mar 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/20/99
>Is it the mainstream rappers attitude if not you cannot categorize the
>whole mainstream as wack jus elements of it. Is this the reason??
>
>Is it because it is fashionable to hate the mainstream??
>
>blah blah blah
>
>What I am trying to say is there could be a million reasons for this
>conflict but the fact remains these are both forms of rap. So what if
>one has more money than the other, more success than emcees *you* rate
>higher, appreciated more, etc. An artist cannot be judged by his status,
>he should be judged by his work.
>
>Take Wu Tang when they started out underground (as all emcees do)
>everyone was riding them, yet as soon as to many peeps appreciate them
>it is no longer hip to appreciate em, they are labelled wack because
>they sell records?

Really??? I don't really get that vibe that people think the Wu is wack because
they sell records. Look at all the love that is given to INS, the Genius, RZA,
Meth...I actually think it's more about people disliking the lazy "artists" who
don't give a fuck about the artform. There is alot of respect given to
platinum artists who stay true to the game by alot of the cats who post here..
(ie Outkast, Wu , Tribe, Fugees, etc. etc.)

Kool