WEHT: Kriss Kross

Adrienne

Feb 13, 2002, 5:57:25 PM2/13/02
Does anyone know what happened to the 90's kiddie rap duo Kriss Kross?
Are they retired or are they coming out with a new ablum?

Adrienne
"If you sell yourself cheap, you'll be bought cheap"
"No mayo, extra onions, extra pickles, and, no mayo"
"Wanna go out for a smoke?"

djub

Feb 13, 2002, 10:03:42 PM2/13/02
From what I can find they havn't dropped anything since 96 - Young, Rich and
Dangerous. But you'll ba happy to know the annual Kriss Kross day is still
alive and kicking into it's 6th year. http://www.adamrulz.com/kk/

"Adrienne" <ajtele...@juno.com> wrote in message

Feb 13, 2002, 10:58:28 PM2/13/02
well dude they got dumped by jermanine dupree and that's all folks. i think
the darkskinned one (daddy mack?) came out with a little single on his own
but no haps. i think the biggest problem was that they wanted to write for
themselves and jd is not having that. witness the "success" of little bow
wow. jermaine writes all the rhymes does all the beats and exec produces the
record. if bow wow makes a dollar it's because jd makes 1000. he control all
the publishing and still get listed as producer. kris kross bit the dust
because they wanted to cut into jd's pie and he's not having that. lol

niko_suave

Feb 14, 2002, 12:42:07 AM2/14/02
m wrote on 2/13/02 10:58 PM:

> well dude they got dumped by jermanine dupree and that's all folks. i think
> the darkskinned one (daddy mack?) came out with a little single on his own
> but no haps. i think the biggest problem was that they wanted to write for
> themselves and jd is not having that. witness the "success" of little bow
> wow. jermaine writes all the rhymes does all the beats and exec produces the
> record. if bow wow makes a dollar it's because jd makes 1000. he control all
> the publishing and still get listed as producer. kris kross bit the dust
> because they wanted to cut into jd's pie and he's not having that. lol

i thought da brat and some other artists wrote everything for jd, he has no
skills what so ever outside of producing.

Kingsley

Feb 22, 2002, 7:16:17 AM2/22/02
well - that first jermaine dupri album was esentially meant to be the last
Kris Kross album. After the fall out JD decided to release it himself....