First and Last time I'll ever chill with a backpacker.....

GoldenChild

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
Man listen, ya'll know I'm anti-backpacker right? Nevertheless though,
I'm real cool and shit so I'm like Yo, I ain't gonna exclude certain
people just because of their style and shit. So I'm chillin' with this
backpacker that I know from work and shit, and first of all this kid is
already gettin' on my nerves with his opinion on how everything thats
not underground is wack, but I'm like "Yo, lets just not even talk about
Hip-Hop, theres mad shit to do". So we're at this after party and
needless to say theres mad hoes there, and we look funny together
because I got on a Yellow Yankees jacket, with a yellow and black Yankee
hat, a black doo rag under it, some Armani specs, some jeans and some
new timbs on, with the jewels sparklin' too right...my man is standin'
next to me with some fuckin' Adidas jumpers, a Jurassic 5 hoodie with
the matching T-Shirt and he was in dire need of a fade. But I'm like yo,
this my man and shit, I aint gonna diss him 'cause he different, I'll
just have to work a lil' harder to get some broads to slide with us, no
problem. So outside the after party I'm talkin' with these 3 girls, all
of 'em were dimes without question. They pull the infamous line on
me..."We're not from here, we're from Philly, we just tryin' to have a
good time before we gotta go back, so whats the deal? What ya'll gettin'
into?", I'm like "Listen, we tryin' to find somebody to lounge with too,
I got the ill crib, we can slide over there, politic a lil' bit, maybe
take somethin' to the head or whatever, my whip is right over there,
ya'll wanna make moves?"......This mothafucka busts out on some "Sensaye
chill man, you been drinkin' and I'm not lettin' you drive". Now these
Shorties are gigglin' and shit but I'm like yo he just trippin'. And
then this nigga snatches the keys from me and wont give 'em back, so
just when I'm 'bout to hurt this kid he gives 'em back, and we take off,
then he's like "Let me out of the car I dont wanna get killed". So I let
him out and I'm drivin' for like a minute and I'm like "FUCK, forgive me
ladies, I gotta turn around and go scoop this clown before somethin'
happens to him", so we turn back around and I cant find him, then after
searchin' for him for a few minutes the girls start gettin' irritated
and they like "Yo, forget him, can we just bail?", but me bein' who I am
I'm like "Yo, I gotta find him, ya'll can bail if ya'll want to, but I
cant leave without him", so they give me their numbers and take off. I
find this kid finally, HE drives my car all the way back to Queens
'cause he's scared I might crash.....man please. Nigga layed up at my
crib, had me drive him home in the morning, then got the nerve to ask me
If I wanna get up again that night 'cause he knows of a party thats
goin' on.....you serious? That was the first and last time I'll ever
chill with a backpacker. Peace-n-Love.

KrazyOne

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
>>Man listen, ya'll know I'm anti-backpacker right?<<

RIGHT!!!....(by the way...what the hell is a backpacker?).

>> I got on a Yellow Yankees jacket, with a yellow and black Yankee
hat, a black doo rag under it, some Armani specs, some jeans and some
new timbs on, with the jewels sparklin' too right<<

wow, I can't believe how cool you are!!

>>my man is standin'
next to me with some fuckin' Adidas jumpers, a Jurassic 5 hoodie with
the matching T-Shirt and he was in dire need of a fade.<<

That's cool, especially since I was standing next to him with a pair of torn,
burned, and cut up khakies, a weird looking hat, with a bra strategically
placed over the hat, no shoes, black christmas sox with garfield on them that
read "bah humbug" and a weed shirt that says "over 1 billion stoned", as well
as a walkman. And I was headbanging and singing along to some old Metallica
tunes "I GOT SOMETHING TO SAY...I RAPED YOUR MOTHER TODAY"...its no wonder I
was getting all those weird stares...

>>This mothafucka busts out on some "Sensaye
chill man, you been drinkin' and I'm not lettin' you drive".<<

DAMN...what a horrible friend...I HATE it when people don't let me drive
"tipsy"...I'm like DUDE...AT LEAST I HAVENT BEEN SMOKING CRACK OR SNIFFING
DRIED UP DRAINO!!

>>And
then this nigga snatches the keys from me and wont give 'em back, so
just when I'm 'bout to hurt this kid he gives 'em back, and we take off,
then he's like "Let me out of the car I dont wanna get killed".<<

damn right...drop me off at the liqour store...

>>then got the nerve to ask me
If I wanna get up again that night 'cause he knows of a party thats
goin' on.....you serious?<<

for real...why the hell would he want to chill with you again!?!??!??? Parties
are fuckin wack...I'll sit in my damn house with my lady, an eith, and a fifth
and have more fun then I would at a party with a hundred or more (or less)
people that I probably don't like anyway.

Actually, I don't see what the problem is...heh. I wouldn't have gotten in the
car with your ass if you were gonna drive drunk either, however, I wouldnt have
took your keys away, cause personally I dont care about anyone enough to get
into the confrontation with them, I would have just walked away...as for the
ladies...hehe they wouldn't have been around too long if I were there,
especially after that "line" they used, more then likely they would have gotten
offended after I proceeded to call them bubbleheads.

insert sig. here

Pablo Money

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
Well, I ain't gonna say that people should drive drunk, but American
perceptions of drunkenness seem different to those of us Brits.
F'rinstance, I had two pints of Guinness with a friend of mine this
lunchtime. Now, if I was working in the States, I'd fully expect
someone to pull me aside and ask whether I was aware of my drink
problem, whereas over here, it'd be "only TWO??". Now you didn't say
that you were mad faded or anything like that, and your recollection of
events suggests that you weren't, but for real, this guy sounds like a
bit of a stiff. Obviously, I don't know the cat and otherwise he could
be cool, but he sounds like he'd be uptight whether he was a
"backpacker" or not. You're from NYC, right? So leaving the car at the
spot and jumping a cab isn't really an option, is it?

Ths puts me in mind of a story another friend told me after he went to
LA last Christmas. He's into techno & all that stuff and he wanted to
check out an LA rave. He reaches, the security pat him down & all, and
they take away his cigarettes. He's a smoker and he's pissed off, but
this is Cali, so he shrugs his shoulders and lets it slide. What else
can he do? But when he gets in the club, it's full of 17-y-o kids
completely twatted on Ketamine. What's wrong with this picture?

There's a world of difference between insisting that you drive when you
can hardly stand, and thinking "fuck it" when you've merely had a
couple of beers and you're just chill. I've tasted American beer and
you'd have to drink GALLONS of it to be rendered incapable. If I was in
the car with a friend who'd had a glass or two, I'd be less worried
about them wrapping their ride round a lamppost with me in it than I
would about the radics pulling then over, breathalysing them, and them
getting a driving ban. It's a question of degree - your man needs to
realise that. Sorry you didn't get yer swerve on, by the way...

paz,

P-Money

Seymour Bush

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99

>>> I got on a Yellow Yankees jacket, with a yellow and black Yankee
>hat, a black doo rag under it, some Armani specs, some jeans and some
>new timbs on, with the jewels sparklin' too right<<
>
>wow, I can't believe how cool you are!!

haha word, how can I be down? You sound like puffy with out the glitter and
rhinestones.

Shazam72

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
Whats a "backpacker"?

KarmAx777

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
<<I got on a Yellow Yankees jacket, with a yellow and black Yankee
hat, a black doo rag under it, some Armani specs, some jeans and some
new timbs on, with the jewels sparklin' too right>>

HAHAHAHAHA!!!, you're like...so fucking cool!!!

GoldenChild

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
I was just pointing out that I had on stylish or classy apparel, and he
did not. I can tell just from the way you niggas were offended by my
description that ya'll are fuckin' geeks. Get a life. Ya'll are the type
to talk shit about people like me then silently wish you lived the life
I do. Yeah I got fly clothes, yes I got nice jewelry, yes I have a
beautiful car, yes I got alot of girls that want to perfrom sick sexual
acts on me, yes I live a great life. I can say this with all honesty,
can you? Do I show-off? Yes I do. Why? Because I earned all my goods,
came from the gutter and rised above alot of people, same ol' story
baby. High school drop out that took the low road while everyone else
took the high one and got to happiness faster. Truth is, I wont chill
with you backpack niggas not because of you're opinion, but because you
niggas are punks with no originality, no style, no class, no identity,
no character. If I gave ya'll everything I had you'd take it all and
throw away everything you once had. Clowns.

"Ya'll can't go with me, nope, flow with me, bet Fifty, not dollars
either, I brought some dough wit' me, I flow like the E-Series, in
various areas, and blow holes through you weak niggas theories" - Jay-Z
-

KSG

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
GoldenChild wrote:

> I was just pointing out that I had on stylish or classy apparel, and he
> did not. I can tell just from the way you niggas were offended by my
> description that ya'll are fuckin' geeks.

Yep ya'll are geeks.

> Get a life.

You heard him... a life.

> Ya'll are the type
> to talk shit about people like me then silently wish you lived the life
> I do.

Wishin.

> Yeah I got fly clothes, yes I got nice jewelry, yes I have a
> beautiful car, yes I got alot of girls that want to perfrom sick sexual
> acts on me, yes I live a great life.

Do ya'll got a life like that?

> I can say this with all honesty,
> can you?

Answer the man...

> Do I show-off? Yes I do. Why?

Why GoldenChild?

> Because I earned all my goods,
> came from the gutter and rised above alot of people, same ol' story
> baby. High school drop out that took the low road while everyone else
> took the high one and got to happiness faster.

You dun blew up son!

> Truth is, I wont chill
> with you backpack niggas not because of you're opinion, but because you
> niggas are punks with no originality, no style, no class, no identity,
> no character.

None.

> If I gave ya'll everything I had you'd take it all and
> throw away everything you once had.

Can I get that Yankees cap when you're done with it?

> Clowns.

Clowns.

Me and GoldenChild is out.

--
Peace,

KSG
Droppin' Science in REAL AUDIO on KSDT Sundays 8pm-10pm (PST)
ARCHIVED SHOWS: http://scw.ucsd.edu/droppinscience
Personal: http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/~kgatlin

ogami

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
GoldenChild wrote:

> because I got on a Yellow Yankees jacket, with a yellow and black Yankee

> hat, a black doo rag under it,

I told you yellow kids to take off all that yellow shit, it dont fucking
blend, it dont blend man

take that doo rag off, cuz your shit aint waving up and you aint got no
grease up in it.

whos the first nigga to bring back the shower caps, dun?

Im the only fool with the heart to rock the one with the polka dots,
thats my word, even tho I switched up to a bald head

--

--|------------

Rikki O

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99

GoldenChild <Legonda...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> acts on me, yes I live a great life. I can say this with all honesty,
> can you? Do I show-off? Yes I do. Why? Because I earned all my goods,

> came from the gutter and rised above alot of people, same ol' story
> baby. High school drop out that took the low road while everyone else
> took the high one and got to happiness faster.

so what same ol' story is that?

k.orr

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
In article <12286-38...@storefull-213.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
Legonda...@webtv.net (GoldenChild) wrote:

Let me get to the side note, before I comment on the main story

- Why are these kids tripping on your gear? Vow's of poverty from
folks with net access.... Y'all need to get a grip. Rocking a
jurassic 5 t-shirt instead of Avirex or Mecca(or Polo and Armani) is
just as trendy. In fact, it's probably pretentious, which in my book
is worse. I think it's worse And the kids who will start claiming they
only shop at thrift stores, or get hand me downs from their second
cousin, are missing the point.

Back to the topic at hand.

Couple of questions for GC

1. Why didn't you just hit him off with some cab fare? Someone
throwing that much salt in your game probably needs to head back to his
square on the solo.

2. Were the ladies (plural is what i get from the story), interested in
him too? It would seem if he was coming correct on the social tip,
they wouldn't have been interested.

3. Is your potna just not cool at all?

peace
k. orr

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Shaun G.

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
In article <82p0hs$fcc$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
k.orr <k_...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> - Why are these kids tripping on your gear? Vow's of poverty from
> folks with net access.... Y'all need to get a grip. Rocking a
> jurassic 5 t-shirt instead of Avirex or Mecca(or Polo and Armani) is
> just as trendy. In fact, it's probably pretentious, which in my book
> is worse. I think it's worse And the kids who will start claiming
they
> only shop at thrift stores, or get hand me downs from their second
> cousin, are missing the point.

C'mon man. Kids were clowning because he sounded like someone on the
Home Shopping Network describing what a model on the screen was wearing.
Was giving a description of himself from head to toe really important to
the story? He sounded like some Puffy "No Way Out" Lyrics.

--
Peace,

Shaun G.

k.orr

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99

> Was giving a description of himself from head to toe really important
> the story?

Was his description so against this newsgroup that all of the responses
were about his clothes?

I'm sure in every post I've ever written about a hip hop event, I've
described what I was wearing, and what everyone else was wearing, but
no one hated on me for it. But since I rock Big L t-shirt's and
designer jeans bought at discount prices, no one hates on me for it.

But since I haven't really been in the mix for the past year or so,
maybe there is something else going on between Golden Child and the
newsgroup.

Does each post stand alone? Or do the body of things written by one
person effect each and every post? I'm thinking maybe GC dropped some
ill posts in the past, because of which, all of his posts are dissected.

Or maybe all the anti-hip hop fashion people are the most vocal on the
NG?

I don't know. Please school me.

peace,
k. orr
house of phat beats

KrazyOne

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
>I was just pointing out that I had on stylish or classy apparel, and he
>did not.

and I was just pointing out that does not matter at all...but you seemed to
make it a MAJOR point. You complain about how bland or whatever you want to
classify "backpackers" as, but I think you just need an ego check...it seems
yours is a bit out of control.

>I can tell just from the way you niggas were offended by my
>description that ya'll are fuckin' geeks.

Geeks? Wow, thank you kind sir, that really means...well nothing to me.
Especially for the fact that you don't know me and can NOT tell how I am on a
computer...all that is is a pointless assumption.

>Ya'll are the type
>to talk shit about people like me then silently wish you lived the life
>I do.

Fact is, I could afford all the fancy bullshit apparel as well as "nice
jewelry"...that attracts alot of attention that I simply do not need nor desire
right now (and alot of unwanted idiot bubbleheads that probably deserve a nice
smack upside the head). I don't know how you "live", but let me state that I am
not exactly struggling...but I'd rather sport a sarcastic T-Shirt dissing you
then anything name brand...its a hell of a lot more comfortable...not to
mention a hell of a lot cheaper, which saves my hard earned money for more
important things. Why dress to impress other people? That is a sign of
insecurity in my oppinion.

>Yeah I got fly clothes, yes I got nice jewelry, yes I have a
>beautiful car, yes I got alot of girls that want to perfrom sick sexual

>acts on me, yes I live a great life.

So material objects make a great life? Wow, that right there either screams
brainwashed or living a lie (then again they kind of go hand in hand don't
they). To me a great life is my lady (by the way...usually females who like to
perform sick sexual acts are hoes, they will fuck with anyone who has a dick
bottom line...and ANYONE can get HOES), making music, and relaxing in my own
place (no, I don't live with my parents either, if you were assuming that). I
do not need material objects to live a great life.

>I can say this with all honesty,
>can you?

Sure I can, i just did...

>High school drop out that took the low road while everyone else
>took the high one and got to happiness faster.

I did basically the same, except I didn't drop out, I got booted. That doesn't
mean a damn thing and is rather irrelevant to this conversation though. No one
was talking about education nor life style...but since you want to bring it
up...

>Truth is, I wont chill
>with you backpack niggas not because of you're opinion, but because you
>niggas are punks with no originality

Look, I don't even know what the hell a backpacker is...I don't carry a
backpack & don't praise anything that is underground (in fact 99% of it is just
as wack as anything else, if not worse)...I'm just an asshole who likes to be
left alone. As for the originality factor...you quote Jay-Z (one of the most
over rated boring wish-I-was a "thug gambino" emcees ever) then talk about
lacking originality? Then base your whole wardrobe after these fools? Look in
the mirror...

>If I gave ya'll everything I had you'd take it all and
>throw away everything you once had.

Don't bet on it. I mean, if you gave me all your jewelry, thats MONEY in my
pocket, after I pawn it, so sure...I would take it. As for your classy
apparel...you wouldn't have to give me anything of the sort cause I COULD
afford it, but why? Like I said, I'm not out to impress anyone...I'd rather get
looked at weird, put at the bottom of the "cool" list, and just be ignored
(there's another factor of living a GREAT life). If you ever met me and tried
starting a conversation with me you would know exactly what I'm like, but since
you havent and more then likely never will, kill the assumptions, cause you
don't know me at all and a post cant even begin to explain me.

Didn't mean to offend you...to much...

KarmAx777

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
[...]

Yeah, we all just wanna be like you sensaye, hahahaha. You have the nerve to
proclaim that others dont have"originality??" Motherfucker, your name isn't
even original. "Golden Child". Wow gawd.

Oh yeah, you're not even black, yet you use the word "nigga" every two
sentences. Care to explain?

B. David Harrison

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
The huddled masses gained the infinite wisdom of k.orr

> In article <12286-38...@storefull-213.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
> Legonda...@webtv.net (GoldenChild) wrote:
>
> Let me get to the side note, before I comment on the main story
>

> - Why are these kids tripping on your gear? Vow's of poverty from
> folks with net access.... Y'all need to get a grip. Rocking a
> jurassic 5 t-shirt instead of Avirex or Mecca(or Polo and Armani) is
> just as trendy. In fact, it's probably pretentious, which in my book
> is worse. I think it's worse And the kids who will start claiming they
> only shop at thrift stores, or get hand me downs from their second
> cousin, are missing the point.

To me it conjures up images of "list your materials posessions in your
liner notes". I refuse to define myself by what I'm wearing, when I see
people that do, it bothers me. I think the distinction between whatever
GC is and the backpackers goes deeper than that.

> 2. Were the ladies (plural is what i get from the story), interested in
> him too? It would seem if he was coming correct on the social tip,
> they wouldn't have been interested.

This is my question. If at least one of the chicks was down with him,
there's a more suave way to run this. I've had to take keys away from
folks (this is when they were violently faded) and there's ways to do it
when it doesn't end in confrontation. I'm bothered by this dude who
obviously did have any concern for potential action. There's a special
place in hell reserved for dudes who cock block. Don't get yourself
killed in a wreck, but don't mess up somebody elses game.

This is all a flashback to two years ago, when these were actually
problems my and my boys faced. It's nice not having account for drunk
people all the time. It's a pain in the ass to have to look out for
yourself AND your idiot roommates at the same time.

B. David Harrison Anti-Knuckleheadosity:Last Updated 12/03/1999
Live from Seattle http://members.xoom.com/bdharris

to reply, spell "warshinton" like you're not from the sticks

"How else am I to get you to treat me like a man of weight and
substance unless I act as morally perturbed and angst-ridden as
everyone else in this room?" -The Beast

"This ain't no time when the usual is suitable" -Mos Def

Seymour Bush

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
>I was just pointing out that I had on stylish or classy apparel, and he
>did not. I can tell just from the way you niggas were offended by my
>description that ya'll are fuckin' geeks.

haha yeah stylish. with your bright reflecting in my eyes yankee jacket, those
dope armani sunglasses that you wear out at night to not only block the mad
shine coming from your gear but to show everyone that you're a star.

>Get a life. Ya'll are the type
>to talk shit about people like me then silently wish you lived the life
>I do.

actually more like the type to dis you over the internet but walk around shook
in everyday life, you were close though.

>Yeah I got fly clothes, yes I got nice jewelry, yes I have a
>beautiful car, yes I got alot of girls that want to perfrom sick sexual
>acts on me, yes I live a great life. I can say this with all honesty,
>can you?

you probably try hard too buying all the trendy gear thats out of style in 3
months to get these bitches, you probably have 0 in the bank, and your
apartment is probably second hand shit, but thats just my guess you could say
no you have a phat account or you could just lie and say it either way, make
sure you make yourself seem cool and try to impress us geeks.

ahh fuck it I was gonna reply more, but prolly noone is even gonna read this.
Golden Child I used to think you were alright, but this post was kind of wack,
I guess we are all wrong though, and you're right.

B. David Harrison

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
The huddled masses gained the infinite wisdom of k.orr

> But since I haven't really been in the mix for the past year or so,

> maybe there is something else going on between Golden Child and the
> newsgroup.

Yup. He's got this whole anti-backpacker (where backpacker means the
rest of us) thing working. Basically he's a super-evolved troll. A
pretty decent writer and a guy who does drop something good some of the
time. Mostly he's just trying to piss us off.

> Does each post stand alone? Or do the body of things written by one
> person effect each and every post? I'm thinking maybe GC dropped some
> ill posts in the past, because of which, all of his posts are dissected.

I think the post was a dig at a lot of us folks who might end up lumped
into the backpacker catagory. The implication that because kids dig J5
and Project Blowed somehow makes them wack people ain't exactly cool.
That wasn't just a story about his buddy cock blocking.

In the large sense, I don't think posts stand alone. That's why the
hood check is important. I like to know where a person is coming from.

Nesta

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
>Subject: Re: First and Last time I'll ever chill with a backpacker.....
>From: Legonda...@webtv.net (GoldenChild)

> I can tell just from the way you niggas were offended by my

>description that ya'll are fuckin' geeks. Get a life.

hmm, who's the one bragging about being g'd up on the fucking internet?

...nesta...

Most of you can't even comprehend what I am saying to you
Even in my human form the message I'm relaying

One good thing about music
When it hits you feel no pain

Kevan

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99

> I think the post was a dig at a lot of us folks who might end up lumped
> into the backpacker catagory. The implication that because kids dig J5
> and Project Blowed somehow makes them wack people ain't exactly cool.
> That wasn't just a story about his buddy cock blocking.

I think it's offensive because your taking it that way.

If you are offended because he said "this is why I hate backpackers" then I
don't like YOU. I don't like YOU because YOU are easily offended by someone
who mentions a stigmatized clique that you feel allegiance to, and says bad
things about them. So because of that I'm going to waste my time writing
this post to tell YOU that YOU suck. Yeah YOU suck because YOU assume too
much.

First of all If he really was making a generalized statement saying that the
type crowd you fall into is wack, then I wouldn't take him seriously because
he's not worth responding to. But since we can only assume that he was,
let's FLAME him instead of finding out for sure, that way my pride isn't
damaged. I don't know maybe I'm wrong here but I try not to stigmatize
anyone. And judging from what I've seen from GC's post over the past 6
months, he usually doesn't either. Now I've seen him call it as he sees it,
which might get under someone's skin or hurt their pride a little bit. But
when he was wrong I've always seen him admit it and try and discuss it.
Besides, I always thought cliques were an element of high schools and most
intelligent people get away from them and judge others individually.

Anyway I was offended at GC's post because he says he's not a thug and he's
not trying to be. What?!! You dissin' my people yo? Man I'm the hardest
internet thug around. I'm all about the Pentiums baby!

seriously though, if this is what your mad at:

"Truth is, I wont chill
with you backpack niggas not because of you're opinion, but because you
niggas are punks with no originality, no style, no class, no identity,
no character"

then you need to reevaluate some things. If you feel he is attacking you
because you are a backpacker and you have no character, flaming their post
is only going to reassure them that's what you are. I don't know any of you
all. I think you are all cool in my eyes whatever you and whereever your
from. If there is a backpacker clique, what is its benefits. Maybe I could
get down with it. I like J5 and Aceyalone.

Kevan

Rikki O

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
lol you guys crack me up. listen to yourselves discussing silly shit. this
is more amusing than chris rock. some of you just need internet therapy.

Kevan <kschan...@mgfairfax.rr.com> wrote in message

Mike Burke

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
B. David Harrison wrote in message ...

>The huddled masses gained the infinite wisdom of k.orr
>
>> But since I haven't really been in the mix for the past year or so,
>> maybe there is something else going on between Golden Child and the
>> newsgroup.
>
> Yup. He's got this whole anti-backpacker (where backpacker means the
>rest of us) thing working. Basically he's a super-evolved troll. A
>pretty decent writer and a guy who does drop something good some of the
>time. Mostly he's just trying to piss us off.

Y'all are tripping. I never get offended by shit he says, it's usually
entertaining, and I think for a young kid (damn, and I'm only 20!), he seems
to have his shit more together then a lot of the people who trip on him. I
never see GC going, "Wow, you're SOOOOO fucking cool for wearing your
okayplayer t-shirt!" or anything, he just drops posts and many people jump
all over him. I enjoy reading his posts, and I enjoy reading the bitchy
a second over the fact that he described his atire, I would have done the
same thing if I had a story like that to relate. For someone who's been
out-of-the-loop, Kari is completely on-point...

--

"As hard as it is to be perfect, I try"
T-Mo

Mike Burke

Shazam72

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
I repeat.... what is a "backpacker"?

KokO

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99

Seymour Bush wrote in message
<19991208135953...@ng-fy1.aol.com>...

>>hat, a black doo rag under it, some Armani specs, some jeans and some
>>new timbs on, with the jewels sparklin' too right<<

I can't picture it.....what color were the laces in the timbs?

B. David Harrison

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
The huddled masses gained the infinite wisdom of Mike Burke

> Y'all are tripping. I never get offended by shit he says, it's usually
> entertaining, and I think for a young kid (damn, and I'm only 20!), he seems
> to have his shit more together then a lot of the people who trip on him. I
> never see GC going, "Wow, you're SOOOOO fucking cool for wearing your
> okayplayer t-shirt!" or anything, he just drops posts and many people jump
> all over him. I enjoy reading his posts, and I enjoy reading the bitchy
> a second over the fact that he described his atire, I would have done the
> same thing if I had a story like that to relate. For someone who's been
> out-of-the-loop, Kari is completely on-point...

For the record, I thought the post was pretty damn funny. It's the way
the it was phrased in the context of other stuff GC has posted that makes
it bullshit. GC's m.o. has been to get on people's nerves. I don't think
people who come up claming they're more down than the rest of us are nice
folks. That goes for kids like GC and folks who have the
more-indie-than-thou thing working.

Most of the time rmhh is a pretty damn cool community. The family has a
grumpy uncle in Tony, and the embarassing cousin in Flash, but 95% of the
time the interaction between folks is cool. GC comes off as a Hatflied
disses us McCoys. This probably sounds a little touchy-feely, but when
usenet works really well, it's people having discussions and the eventual
goal is simply intelligent conversation. Coming up and saying "I'm the
shit, and the rest of you suck" isn't moving the conversation further.

ERR_ILLUSER

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
On Thu, 09 Dec 1999 22:59:05 GMT, k.orr <k_...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>Was his description so against this newsgroup that all of the responses
>were about his clothes?
>
>I'm sure in every post I've ever written about a hip hop event, I've
>described what I was wearing, and what everyone else was wearing, but
>no one hated on me for it. But since I rock Big L t-shirt's and
>designer jeans bought at discount prices, no one hates on me for it.

I have to admit, I was pretty taken aback by all the people hating on
him for his clothes...but no one even touched on the J5 dude (like you
mentioned). In my opinion, both attires can be equally
irritating...but I have no problems when the look is done properly
(unless GC posts a .jpeg of him & "backpacker" that night...I'll
decline to comment on them).

What was truly amazing, though, was that only one person mentioned the
"backpacker" taking his car keys. Impared driving is a big issue for
me...I've seen some friends get very close to being totally fucked up
because of that. And that doesn't include the numerous others who got
nailed for it (2 yr + license suspension & 2000$ fine & 5000/yr
insurance). And all of them claimed they were "fine" to drive...

>But since I haven't really been in the mix for the past year or so,
>maybe there is something else going on between Golden Child and the
>newsgroup.

Yep.

He's been dissing most of the underground/independent artists who get
discussed on here. He's also a huge Nas fan (esp. his post-Illmatic
material), and obviously people have issues with that too...although
the transcript of his recent interview with Nas was pretty
interesting.

I personally think he's on point with a few things, but he has a
tendency to fly off on troll-like tangents (and thus ruffles a few
feathers around here).

>Does each post stand alone? Or do the body of things written by one
>person effect each and every post? I'm thinking maybe GC dropped some
>ill posts in the past, because of which, all of his posts are dissected.
>

>Or maybe all the anti-hip hop fashion people are the most vocal on the
>NG?

I think it's more the former than the latter...

k.orr

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99

> What was truly amazing, though, was that only one person mentioned the
> "backpacker" taking his car keys.

I would have probably done the same thing. I just don't know how faded
GC was. I've seen too many folks get caught up with DWI's (clerking
for a criminal attorney gives you all sorts of insight).

> He's been dissing most of the underground/independent artists who get
> discussed on here.

Perhaps that is needed. What I have noticed is that even though some
kids jock certain artists, there is really little discussion about
them. It's all determined on what gets released on the tuesdays. Rmhh
used to have more news about stuff not going to Sam Goody though.

> He's also a huge Nas fan (esp. his post-Illmatic
> material), and obviously people have issues with that too...although
> the transcript of his recent interview with Nas was pretty
> interesting.

I thought it was interesting despite what people think of it's
authenticity.

> I personally think he's on point with a few things, but he has a
> tendency to fly off on troll-like tangents (and thus ruffles a few
> feathers around here).

I feel it.

> >Does each post stand alone? Or do the body of things written by one
> >person effect each and every post? I'm thinking maybe GC dropped
some
> >ill posts in the past, because of which, all of his posts are
dissected.

> >Or maybe all the anti-hip hop fashion people are the most vocal on
the
> >NG?
>
> I think it's more the former than the latter...

no doubt.

k. orr
3:30 left.

Tony1er

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
GC, you must be loving this thread...mad posts strictly arguing over your
merits and down sides...that's some shit right there. for real.
why not throw my 2 cents in here:
when i first encountered GC on here, we clashed like a motherfucker cause he's
very vocal about his tastes and I too tend to be kinda vocal about my tastes.
needless to say, our taste's don't match at all BUT as time went on I just
stopped trying to change his mind or argue cause that shit never works and it's
not my place to. when i stopped doing that shit I actually started reading his
posts and you know what? I think they are kinda dope. he's a funny kid. He's
like mad NYC kids I know. I relate to him a very very very strange way. I don't
rock the illy gear. don't want to. i don't go out a bag girls up at clubs( bars
are more my scene and he's only 17 so, 4 years...) but his type is familiar to
me. not to say he's not original but what a lot of you heads don't understand
is the New york state of mind homeboy is in.he's probably never left here in
his life other then some short vacations (like myself). what I'm saying is,
people who get bent out of shape or riled up by his posts are no different then
the heads that flip on me. in both cases, why bother? let him be who he is.I
like his posts. i don't agree with them most of the time but they still are
dope to me.
well, that's all I wanted to say.
later tony

meenan

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
to Kevan
yo...I just couldn't stay away from this one....

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Kevan wrote:

> > I think the post was a dig at a lot of us folks who might end up lumped
> > into the backpacker catagory. The implication that because kids dig J5
> > and Project Blowed somehow makes them wack people ain't exactly cool.
> > That wasn't just a story about his buddy cock blocking.

I agree with this cat. Not in the sense that GC really gives a fuck about
'backpackers', but that he knew the 'cockblocking' character was a cat
that many heads in here might relate too. therefore, a stab at him would
piss heads off (something GC seems to find extremely pleasing...but
whatever).

> I think it's offensive because your taking it that way.
>
> If you are offended because he said "this is why I hate backpackers" then I
> don't like YOU. I don't like YOU because YOU are easily offended by someone
> who mentions a stigmatized clique that you feel allegiance to, and says bad
> things about them. So because of that I'm going to waste my time writing
> this post to tell YOU that YOU suck. Yeah YOU suck because YOU assume too
> much.

Again...I think that, since this kid obviously relates to the 'backpacker'
aesthetic (be it opiniopns, choice of gear, whatever), it's only natural
to feel disrespected by a post flaming him.

> First of all If he really was making a generalized statement saying that the
> type crowd you fall into is wack, then I wouldn't take him seriously because
> he's not worth responding to. But since we can only assume that he was,
> let's FLAME him instead of finding out for sure, that way my pride isn't
> damaged. I don't know maybe I'm wrong here but I try not to stigmatize
> anyone. And judging from what I've seen from GC's post over the past 6
> months, he usually doesn't either. Now I've seen him call it as he sees it,
> which might get under someone's skin or hurt their pride a little bit. But
> when he was wrong I've always seen him admit it and try and discuss it.
> Besides, I always thought cliques were an element of high schools and most
> intelligent people get away from them and judge others individually.

True, a cat making a general statement clowning a grouo isn't worth
responding to. True, GC definitely calls it like he sees it, taking no
prisoners. But, I think there's somethig more here, maybe even something
that could inspire anger. IMO, it comes down to how his views (and those
like him) can affect hip-hop. In his post, GC's perspective seems to me
as though there are two types of cats: 'players' and 'haters'. those
living 'the life and aren't afraid to talk about it' and those 'wishing
they lived the life'. Further, since this 'backpacker' seemed
uninterested in pulling females, and chose not to ride with a cat after
he's been drinking, he's a clown. Not only that, but he--according to
GC--is an example of how anyone with a certain taste is 'unoriginal, with
no style, identity, etc.' If this was just an anecdote to clown a kid
that kept GC from getting some, that's one thing, but where do the
originality and identity of a slew of other cats (bound only by musical
taste) fit in?

> Anyway I was offended at GC's post because he says he's not a thug and he's
> not trying to be. What?!! You dissin' my people yo? Man I'm the hardest
> internet thug around. I'm all about the Pentiums baby!
>
> seriously though, if this is what your mad at:
>
> "Truth is, I wont chill
> with you backpack niggas not because of you're opinion, but because you
> niggas are punks with no originality, no style, no class, no identity,
> no character"
>
> then you need to reevaluate some things. If you feel he is attacking you
> because you are a backpacker and you have no character, flaming their post
> is only going to reassure them that's what you are. I don't know any of you
> all. I think you are all cool in my eyes whatever you and whereever your
> from. If there is a backpacker clique, what is its benefits. Maybe I could
> get down with it. I like J5 and Aceyalone.
>
> Kevan

I agree that maybe flaming wasn't the smartest move, but I feel that, if
one takes statements personally (which,IMO, was the aim of the original
post), he should respond (of course, rational and logical responses will
usually get him fartehr than flaming).

--Am I making any sense?
--Meenan
(I was carrying a backpack WAY before I got into J5, project blowed, and
maybe even the Fat Boys....and I've always been a cockblocker!)

"I'm so ahead of my time, when i talk there's a seven second delay"
--wordsworth

AlanPage

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
>I'm sure in every post I've ever written about a hip hop event, I've
>described what I was wearing, and what everyone else was wearing, but
>no one hated on me for it.

Yo, Kari, I'm not wack enough to do a deja news search just to prove you wrong,
but my MEMORY tells me that, no, you don't describe your outfit FROM HEAD TO
TOE in every post you've done about hip-hop events...be real, man...

> But since I rock Big L t-shirt's and
>designer jeans bought at discount prices, no one hates on me for it.

I have never heard you talk about you clothes before. i literally have no
memory of you ever writing anything about your clothes. Maybe my memory just
really sucks. The above is a first. (kari wears Big L shirts! I'm telling
mama!)

Peace,

Spirit
Spread Love/Amphibians

http://amphibians.iuma.com
"Peace be the rule, and I be the ruler" - Biggis "Just See Supaself"

KrazyOne

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
>Rocking a
>jurassic 5 t-shirt instead of Avirex or Mecca(or Polo and Armani) is
>just as trendy.

Sure it is...and I'm not exactly dissing his gear, at all, I think people can
wear whatever the hell they want. I didn't even make a big deal about the kids
damn apparel until he did, I merely said about 3 words to comment on that, and
it wasn't directed at the clothes, it was directed towards what he was getting
at. I was dissing the fact that he thought it was necessary to make it a main
point in this story. It almost seemed to me that he wanted "cool points"
because he had all this flashy gear on. As for the Jurassic 5 shirt,
whatever...I wouldn't "rock" that gear either, but I ain't gonna say shit about
the kid who had it on, for a couple reasons. 1 is he's not here to read it. and
2 most importantly he wasn't like "Yo, check this out right, I had on this dope
ass Jurassic 5 shirt, right, with a backpack, right, etc.etc.etc.". He could be
that way but like I said hes not here...

>And the kids who will start claiming they
>only shop at thrift stores, or get hand me downs from their second
>cousin, are missing the point.

hahaha ummm ok....

Salvation Army for life...

B. David Harrison

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
The huddled masses gained the infinite wisdom of AlanPage

> >I'm sure in every post I've ever written about a hip hop event, I've
> >described what I was wearing, and what everyone else was wearing, but
> >no one hated on me for it.
>
> Yo, Kari, I'm not wack enough to do a deja news search just to prove you wrong,
> but my MEMORY tells me that, no, you don't describe your outfit FROM HEAD TO
> TOE in every post you've done about hip-hop events...be real, man...

Actually, when he's talking about shows he does. It's part of his
describing which part of the Austin hip-hop crowd showed up. Kari's
always talked a lot about fashion.

My question is, why can I remember shit like that, but only pulled a 2.5
in college. My skills are not being used well. I can quote chapter and
verse from about 3 different usenet FAQs, but couldn't tell you dick about
my last Poly Sci class.

The Philosopher

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99

>I repeat.... what is a "backpacker"?

Supposedly, its someone that only listens to underground music. He never gets
jiggy, he doesn't mess around with drugs and gats and all the ghetto sh8t. He
doesn't dress in brandname clothes (not the popular ones.) because they are to
shiny and are above them.

They are usually very intelectual people. He is an avid follower of the four
elements. They say 'backpacker' because such people are, or at least the
conception is that they travel around town in the subway etc, carrying 12
inches, hiphop literature etc in their bags wherever they go. There is a
serious backlash against uh...those who backpack I guess. Whatevar that means.

Well, I gave it a shot...

Madrox II, The Philosopher

Rikki O

Dec 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/11/99

Shazam72 <shaz...@aol.combo> wrote in message

> I repeat.... what is a "backpacker"?

my lil brother's a backpacker. i often feel out of place when i drop him off
at school and see him gather around all his other friends wearing backpacks.
damn kindergarteners.

BUGGZY415

Dec 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/11/99
I'm going to chime in on this whole Golden Child thing...

I don't agree with him on a whole lot....Aside from Nas, we don't like the same
artists. We don't have the same mentality, outlook on life, etc. BUT, the one
thing I will say, is that Sensaye gives everything a chance. Chillin' with the
backpacker is an example of this. He clowns backpackers all the time. I don't
agree with the shit that he says about them, but those are his opinions and
EVEN WITH those opinions, he still decided to chill with this cat. And the same
thing goes for music. GC doesn't like Aceyalone, he didn't like Soundbombing,
etc....but the thing is, he's heard them....he's given them all a chance. He's
digested their music, and spit it out. Whereas a lot of you write things off
immediately without even getting a taste. And for that aspect, I have a lot of
respect for him. And in that way, he's a lot more rounded than most heads on
here....Oh by the way, today at work some broad came in wearing a flourescent
green Yankees jacket, and I just had to smile and think of this whole thread
=)

Buggzy

"Hip hop is getting strangled by this Puff Combs Syndrome
N**gaz been around the world acting like they never been home"--Common

Delirium

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99

sometimes it's more entertaining than a discussion about prison rape
though.

AlanPage

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99
> Actually, when he's talking about shows he does.

well, shit, david, i'll bow down on that point....because my memory does
suck...heh...i'll lose any debate based on memory...

GoldenChild

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Very interesting and entertaining. First off, let me give props to those
who didn't cry like little Ho's and actually peeped what I was throwin'
in their ear. I'm not sure of the one cats name, Kari it might me, or
Kevan or somethin' close to that, yo, that cat was on point. If I
would've described myself and said "I had on a Visionaries T-Shirt with
Rawkus Skully" ya'll wouldn't have had a problem with it, but since it
was the flashy shit, and ya'll feel like those like you and those like
myself are natural enemies, you felt obligated to get offended. Tony,
props to you too Cousin, I mentioned on many accounts that I disagree on
almost everything with you, nonetheless, I've always respected you and
gave a good look at your posts. You hit it on the head when you said I'm
in a NY state of mind, but listen, these cats from Chattanooga County
don't understand that so I won't go there. Let me answer a few questions
now, Karmax asked Sensaye (thats my name, not Goldenchild), "You're not
Black, so why do you say the word nigga?", well do you think it's more
appropriate for a Black Man to say "Nigga" than it is for anyone else?
Why? I say it because thats a word that I grew up around and it stuck
with me, I think the word is convenient, and unoffensive to people that
I'd even give a fuck about offending. One cat asked, "Why didn't you
throw him cab fare?", yo, that wouldn't have seemed right to me,
ditching him for those Females, nah Playboy, I always put my niggas
first before some broads that I just met, I'm a good guy and a damm good
friend believe it or not. That same cat asked. "Were the Ladies
interested in him?", My guess is no, but you never know, I don't wanna
sound too concieted but since they all gave me their number I'm figuring
they were all gonna take a shot at gettin' the Jackpot instead of the
10$ Winner, hear me? Also, he asked, "Is he not cool at all?", Well, I
couldnt really tell, this was pretty much his test and he failed it.
He's one of those cats thats easy to get along with, but when it comes
to real situations he's not the one you wanna be with, I'm sure you know
the type. Swordswinga, you said I was wearing sunglasses in the shade,
if you would read the post a little closer and stop looking up "All 9 Wu
members naked" on the net, then you would realize that I said "Specs".
Also, you said Ii probably had a raggedy apt. and no dough in the bank,
actually I have a House, not an apartment, and don't make me go into the
details....well, since you insist, Iit's got a Jacuzzi, 2 Bathrooms, 3
Bedrooms, fully laced Basement and attic, the Basement includes a bar,
and many club-like effetcs that I added for my private parties (that no
backpackers will be invited to), and the Living room has a 50 Inch
Television made by Toshiba, the most durable brand out there, the retail
price of this home is (drum role)....more than you can afford!!
The one cat also hit it on the head though when he said there must
be something else that puts so much hostility in the hearts of the
backpackers. Sure, the fact that I've been in and out of the NG, mostly
in, for almost 2 years now, and I haven't budged. I still like Nas, I
still like Jay-Z, I still DON'T like most underground acts, and whats so
disturbing to these cats is, it's not like I'm just a run-of-the-mill
new jack Hip-Hop fan, I really know my shit, I know all about
underground and commercial acts, I knwo all about old school, I've
interviewed many rap artists, I've been to many shows, I have a great
deal of knowledge about Hip-Hop and I STILL think the underground scene
is wack. But like the one Man said, I give EVERYTHING a good ear before
I smack it, I've stated many times that I am a fan of Godfather Don,
Scaramanga, Natural Elements, and a couple other choice underground
acts, but besides that theres nothin' for me down there, it's
overflowing with jealous, boring sounding, no presence having, overdone
metaphor spitting, unmastered flow havin' clowns that would not be
underground if they had a choice. I'll take a Jay-Z over a Kardinal
Offishal anyday, why? 'Cause Jay got character, and charisma, and
personality, and skills, whether you wanna admit to it or not. For those
who question the authenticity of that Nas interview, all I can do is
give you my word that it's authentic, and since my word probably means
nothing to you, then I dont give a fuck if you believe it or not. By the
way, I also have exclusive interviews from Buckshot and Evil-D, Lord
Digga, and Tragedy Khadafi, if anyone is interested. Alot of you
associate me with Puffy, I am not a Puffy fan, nor am I a Puffy
dickrider/hater, but I guess in a way I'm like the Puffy of this group.
Why? Because everyone hates me, but all my posts go Platinum. Admit it,
it's interesting to hear what I got to say because I'm one of the few
cats in here that won't bite his tongue and won't just agree or disagree
for the sake of doing it. I'll say what I really think, maybe some of
you envy me for that, because you know you're a follower and not a
leader. I DO NOT by any means try to post shit just to piss people off,
that would be a waste of time, and time is not something I take for
granted. Don't front, if there was a RMHH reunion, you'd all wait to see
Sensaye, "Where is he?" "Whats he gonna be like in real life?" "Should I
greet him or screwface him?" I'm the type of Man to crack a 40 oz. for
the cats in here that hate me and say "Peace baby", but say everything
I've said in here, only to their face. I'm a real cool cat, easy to get
along with if you're not too uptight, which many of you are
unfortunately. Oh, another thing I forgot to mention about that story is
that the kid took my keys and shit and all I had was one 40. oz, and
that was like a Hour and a half before we left, you think I'd drive
drunk? Man, I got a child and shit, I got plenty to live for, I don't
wanna die. But yo, I'm outta here, let me say ONE LOVE to my few but
faithfull Sensaye supporters in here, and also one love to those that
broke 3 Keyboards because of me, ya'll keep me entertained if nothing
else. Peace-n-Love.

"The sun stopped shinin' many tears ago/ now the years are slow/ I guess
it's for the best 'cause I have nightmares of my fear to grow" - Sensaye
-

"I drink Tequilla Sunrise 'till sunrise/ my Mother looks in her Sons
eyes and sees the pain of a Million ruined young lives" - Sensaye -

Michael Fthenos

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99

>. I'll take a Jay-Z over a Kardinal
> Offishal anyday, why? 'Cause Jay got character, and charisma, and
> personality, and skills, whether you wanna admit to it or not.

Hey hey hey...hold up....Kardinal has got MAD charisma and personality...he
probably is one of the more hype acts in Canada....Jay-Z is pretty damn
boring, at least he was when I saw him in concert....very casual
demeanor....

MF

Listen to Tha Ruckus on CKMS 100.3 FM Waterloo
Radio, every Friday from 2AM to 6AM, hosted by the
one, the only, Flash, aka DJ Ruckus.

-"I'll send ya to ER son, with broke ankles like Allen Ivey" - Heltah
Skeltah.

-"Did God create man? Or did man need to create God? The answer is both,
because how mortals look at God is odd." - Ras Kass

OHHLA Webmaster: 'Flash'

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
In article <8326q8$je4$1...@watserv3.uwaterloo.ca>,
mfth...@scimail.uwaterloo.ca says...

> GoldenChild <Legonda...@webtv.net> wrote in message
> >. I'll take a Jay-Z over a Kardinal
> > Offishal anyday, why? 'Cause Jay got character, and charisma, and
> > personality, and skills, whether you wanna admit to it or not.
>

> Hey hey hey...hold up....Kardinal has got MAD charisma and personality.

Actually for one of the few times (publically at least) on this newsgroup
I'm gonna agree with GC - I'd take Jay-Z over Kardinal Offishall any day.
I've heard several of his records and they just leave me flat - I think
the only things I've really liked him on are duets with Choclair or The
Rascalz. Other than that, eh. That's just MHO though.

As Jiggafied as Jigga gets, he's still got that smooth voice and the
tendency to drop witty lines in his rhymes. If he'd dump Swizz Beatz off
the roster and stick with Primo beats, he'd get twice as much love by me.

Peace, Flash

--
"I don't turn on Korn to get it on;
I be playin Jimi Hendrix 'til the dawn" --> Mos Def

PLEASE DIRECT REPLIES TO dj.f...@pobox.com
Webmaster: OHHLA.com, RMHH.com, Tame-One.com

Jamil Mustafa

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
that nine wu-tang members naked shit was like some of the funniest shit
i ever heard!

Jamil Mustafa
Project Elevation

KarmAx777

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
<<Karmax asked Sensaye (thats my name, not Goldenchild), "You're not
Black, so why do you say the word nigga?", well do you think it's more
appropriate for a Black Man to say "Nigga" than it is for anyone else?
Why? I say it because thats a word that I grew up around and it stuck
with me, I think the word is convenient, and unoffensive to people that
I'd even give a fuck about offending. >>

I don't think anybody should be saying the word, but going by your logic, would
it be acceptable for a white kid raised by racists to say the word? Is it
acceptable for a white kid to say it at all? No. And you, my friend, are
basically a caucasoid hispanic, so there really is no difference.

GoldenChild

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
But any asshole with half a brain knows that "nigga" and "nigger" have
two TOTALLY different meanings. If a white boy or a Hispanic cat, or a
Chinese kid, or anyone was like "whats the deal nigga?", and you know he
just naturally says it in a friendly way, then thats fine. But, if you
get cut off by a Black guy and you're like "Fuckin' Nigger!", then
obviously you're not using it in the same text. It's not what you say,
it's the way you say shit.

Dpg2000

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
I couldnt have said it better.
peace,
Jj

What you niggas know bout da dirty south??-Goodie Mob

Jamtown2

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
>But any asshole with half a brain knows that "nigga" and "nigger" have
>two TOTALLY different meanings.

hmmm.....what about massa and master

peace~~nomadik

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/oldschoolhiphopheadslounge
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/allmixedup
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/paisleyparkcafe
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/CaribbeanRoots
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/biracial

Todd Ito

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
ERR_ILLUSER <numero.e^[1/oo]@...---...org> wrote:

: He's been dissing most of the underground/independent artists who get
: discussed on here. He's also a huge Nas fan (esp. his post-Illmatic
: material)

you make it sound like sensaye prefers "it was written" to "illmatic,"
which i think is misleading. it's my understanding that he likes
"illmatic" more (like everyone), but that he also likes nas' other albums,
which no one else in rmhh does. i respect the fact that he seems to
actually listen to the lyrics (which are still good some of the time)
rather than focus on the beats or the image. just wanted to make sure
kari was getting the full picture of the golden child.

todd

meenan

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
to GoldenChild
On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, GoldenChild wrote:

> But any asshole with half a brain knows that "nigga" and "nigger" have

> two TOTALLY different meanings. If a white boy or a Hispanic cat, or a
> Chinese kid, or anyone was like "whats the deal nigga?", and you know he
> just naturally says it in a friendly way, then thats fine. But, if you
> get cut off by a Black guy and you're like "Fuckin' Nigger!", then
> obviously you're not using it in the same text. It's not what you say,
> it's the way you say shit.

That is ridiculous. Sure, the intentions of what you say are different,
but that word has a destructive history that cannot be masked by
intentions. As far as 'naturally' using that term, I REFUSE to believe
anyone outside the black race, regardless of geographic/socio-economic
origins, has a 'natural tendency' to use that word. It's something people
have to convince themselves is allowed, even though it's obviously
destructive. I just submitted a column to newsweek on this very topic.
Let's hope it gets in.
"If I took the 'T' out would I still mean bitch?"--E-ROC
--meenan

Aztec-Assassin

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
ok...I don't use "nigga" anymore but I did back in high school.
Now I get into predicaments were my squad (predominantly Black)
greet me as "my nigga" or in conversation say "dayum nigga" (disbelief).
Now I don't reply back... with the same word "nigga" but usually just say
"homeboy." I've even had some of these same cats say "ah that whiteboy so
and so called me nigga? what the fuck was he thinking? thats was foul
don't you think Drew?" What's a "nigga" like me supposed to do? Aprreciate
the term of endearment or try to be pro-Black to a Black man and say
"don't call me nigga, that's disrespectful toward me and toward the
african disapora."

halfway-serious,

OHHLA Webmaster: 'Flash'

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
In article <82p0hs$fcc$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, k_...@my-deja.com says...
> - Why are these kids tripping on your gear? Vow's of poverty from
> folks with net access.... Y'all need to get a grip.

Kari I don't think it's so much a vow of poverty as a vow of PRIORITY.
Some folks would rather spend that money on net access than FUBU. But
your point about "not being broke" is well taken.

I'm with you. If money was a herb GC should have just kicked him to
the curb from the giddyup. Most "backpackers" I've ever met though are
really down to earth. Those that front aren't backpackers to me anyway.
They're some whole other wack breed.

Shazam72

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
::It's not what you say, it's the way you say shit. ::

I disagree. I can't stand the n-word, i hate hearing it in music and i hate
being refered to as one.

Jason Rzepka

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

Tony1er wrote in message <19991215141452...@ng-fx1.aol.com>...

>beloved groups. hence when I meet one and we start conversing it tends to
lead

^^^^^^^^^^^

don't you mean conversating?

i thought that was officially changed,

applesauce

p.s. what's up with "record baggers"? Ok, i'm officially coining this term
right now...just like senseye claims to have coined "backpackers"...i was at
this show up in LA a few weeks ago, and there are like 30 kids in the crowd
with record bags full of 12inchers. it's like, babu, revolution, ptrix are
on the lineup...you think they're gonna be like "yo, anybody wanna spin for
a while? will any dj's in the house please report to the main stage..."
It's hot in this joint, you're standing up for 5 hours...why bring vinyl?

Tony1er

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
flash wrote:
>>Most "backpackers" I've ever met though are
>>really down to earth.

My experience has been quite the opposite with backpackers. While i do listen
to a lot of the same shit they do, I also tend to hate some of backbackers most

beloved groups. hence when I meet one and we start conversing it tends to lead

to a wack "who's more down with hip hop" type conversation. I feel like i don't
need to prove myself to any 18 year old with a northface so i tend to just dead
the conversation at the first sign of this about to happen. back packers are a
lot like skaters to me, whenever I meet them (in most cases cuase there are
exceptions) there tends to be this annoying tension. with the backpackers I
understand why, cause we both listen to underground hip hop . with skaters...I
just ussually don't like them unless they are the mellow type. who knows...all
i'm getting at is that backpackers in my life have not been the coolest heads.
later tony

ERR_ILLUSER

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:40:15 -0500 (EST), Legonda...@webtv.net
(GoldenChild) wrote:

>But any asshole with half a brain knows that "nigga" and "nigger" have
>two TOTALLY different meanings.

Duh? Not really...

I view the two words the same. So do most of my white and non-white
friends.

I've seen white people use it and get a lot of funny looks and then
catch some serious flack from certain black people. Strangely enough,
it's not as pronounced when Orientals, South Asians, and Arabic people
use it...but I know enough people who have serious issues with this
too.

I'd be willing to bet that most of the black posters on rmh-h have
issues with this too.

I really want you to think about this...if you see a white person (or
even non-black but non-white person) go up to a black person and say
"Hey, Festis, what's up my nigga?"...you don't have even a small issue
with this? I find that hard to believe...

I've heard the rationale for black people to use "nigga" amongst
themselves...fine (it's really not my place to discuss this either).
But is there any reason why non-black people HAVE to use the word
nigga...it's fucked up.

Can't you possibly use another word:

* Chum: What's up my fine chum.
* Bloke: Hello bloke, how goes it?
* Poo-Poo: Ahh...my little poo-poo...how are ye doin' this fine morn'?
* Big Fella: Hey hey hey big fella!

To me at least, non-black people using the word nigga is basically a
public exhibition of their gross ignorance towards racial issues faced
by black people...either that or they have some other hidden agenda in
mind.

And that nigga vs. nigger argument holds NO wieght with me at
all...it's the same thing, IMO.

>If a white boy or a Hispanic cat, or a
>Chinese kid, or anyone was like "whats the deal nigga?", and you know he
>just naturally says it in a friendly way, then thats fine.

That reminds me of "Fear Of A Black Hat" when Vanilla Sherbert goes up
to the MCs saying "What's up my niggaz!"...and then gets beat down.

>But, if you
>get cut off by a Black guy and you're like "Fuckin' Nigger!", then

>obviously you're not using it in the same text. It's not what you say,

>it's the way you say shit.

Not really, IMO.

OHHLA Webmaster: 'Flash'

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
In article <3857b062....@dp-news.maxwell.syr.edu>,
numero.e^[1/oo]@...---...org (ERR_ILLUSER) says...

> Can't you possibly use another word:
>
> * Chum: What's up my fine chum.
> * Bloke: Hello bloke, how goes it?
> * Poo-Poo: Ahh...my little poo-poo...how are ye doin' this fine morn'?
> * Big Fella: Hey hey hey big fella!

If you got to use a cornball word I personally prefer "dude" but
hip-hop itself has so many better words: holmes, dunn, playa, G,
homey, timah, baller, loc, and so on.

Peace, Flash
"Whassup dude?"

OHHLA Webmaster: 'Flash'

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
In article <19991215141452...@ng-fx1.aol.com>,
ton...@aol.com says...

> hence when I meet one and we start conversing it tends to lead
> to a wack "who's more down with hip hop" type conversation. I feel like i don't
> need to prove myself to any 18 year old with a northface so i tend to just dead
> the conversation at the first sign of this about to happen.

Exactly. But my point was that most of the so-called "backpackers"
I've ever met don't usually try to pull that shit; though like you
I would dead the conversation if it ever went that way. Being real
has nothing to do with claiming how real you are - that just shows
you up as phony. More often than not that's why I get fed up with
certain Southern gangsta rappers who have to proclaim so loudly and
so often that they've got ghetto credentials - it makes me question
why they're so paranoid about not being believed to be "the real".

Peace, Flash

AlanPage

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
>don't you mean conversating?
>
>i thought that was officially changed,

man, no no no...next thing you'll be doing is promoting the use of
"irregardless" or "regardless" (uh-oh, don't want to start that semantic
debate). "conversating" is slang, "conversing" is "standard english" (don't
want to start a debate on who makes english standard either).

>you think they're gonna be like "yo, anybody wanna spin for
>a while? will any dj's in the house please report to the main stage..."

but if that happen, wouldn't you want to be prepared? ha...

only thing I can think is maybe (1) those cats were deejays who were spinning
at some after hours spot, (2) they were hoping to beg somebody for promo vinyl
and wanted something to carry it in if they succeeded (I've seen DJ's politic
backstage for free vinyl mad times...my friend Ron is an expert at acquiring
free shit...I've been with kid, he'll disappear for a second then reappear with
six pieces of vinyl and a T-shirt...I'll be like "How the fuck did you get
that?" and he'll just smile...)

GoldenChild

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
Yo, maybe it's just a NY thing, but "nigga" is not a big deal where I
rest at. Maybe it's different in other places or somethin', but I'm not
gonna change my vocab for anyone, if they KNOW I'm not tryin' to offend
'em and I say "Whats the deal nigga?", and they get offended just
because they think they're supposed to, then I dont give a fuck, I'm not
gonna apologize. It doesnt bother me at all when I see white kids say
"nigga", 'cause I'm so used to it. It's all I hear. If a white dude is
raised in the hood then of course he's gonna pick the word up though,
theres almost nothin' you can do about it. I dont know, maybe since alot
of ya'll aint from the hood then you dont know where I'm comin' from,
but I dont know...I rarely go out into the suburbs so I dont know how
they react to it out there. But I'll say "Nigga" any time and any place
I want, I ain't on that weak shit man...you can't let nobody tell you
how to talk. Peace-n-Love.

Tony1er

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
applesauce wrote:
>beloved groups. hence when I meet one and we start conversing it tends to
lead

^^^^^^^^^^^

>don't you mean conversating?

>i thought that was officially changed,

beat's me. I'm a dropout..."ignorance is bliss, especiially in a time like
this" Vast
later tony

Jason Rzepka

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99

>>don't you mean conversating?
>
>>i thought that was officially changed,
>
>beat's me. I'm a dropout..."ignorance is bliss, especiially in a time like
>this" Vast

naw dude...i was just playing....

YOU'RE NOT HIP HOP ENOUGH!

I was kinda making reference to this old kari orr post where he said
something about always saying "conversate" instead of converse, even though
he knew one was right and one was....

forget it.

i mean come on.....everybody knows:

converse=conversate
oral sex=skully
socialize=politick
etc etc etc

that's straight from the doctrine and required protocol.

we use words like mackadocious,

applesauce

KarmAx777

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99

lol, you ARE white, ya fuckin' doof.

Oh, and of course, if you use that word around moronic, brain-dead black people
who barely read at a 3rd grade level, and listen to DMX and Jay-Z all day,
naturally they won't give a fuck. But I can assure you that if you approach any
self-respecting, educated black person on some "WASSUP MAH NIGGA, CHILLIN
DUKE??" shit, especially if you aren't even black, you wouldn't be recieved
very well at all...but whatever, they aint up on dat street lingo nah'mean, so
they be some cornball ass niggas B, word up.

meenan

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
to GoldenChild
On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, GoldenChild wrote:

> Yo, maybe it's just a NY thing, but "nigga" is not a big deal where I
> rest at. Maybe it's different in other places or somethin', but I'm not
> gonna change my vocab for anyone, if they KNOW I'm not tryin' to offend
> 'em and I say "Whats the deal nigga?", and they get offended just
> because they think they're supposed to, then I dont give a fuck, I'm not
> gonna apologize. It doesnt bother me at all when I see white kids say
> "nigga", 'cause I'm so used to it. It's all I hear. If a white dude is
> raised in the hood then of course he's gonna pick the word up though,
> theres almost nothin' you can do about it. I dont know, maybe since alot
> of ya'll aint from the hood then you dont know where I'm comin' from,
> but I dont know...I rarely go out into the suburbs so I dont know how
> they react to it out there. But I'll say "Nigga" any time and any place
> I want, I ain't on that weak shit man...you can't let nobody tell you
> how to talk. Peace-n-Love.

people use the fucking word everywhere...but its still ignorant.
it's people that are 'used to it' that perpetuates racially destructive
terms like that one. Of course, don't change, or apologize for your
actions, just wallow in stupidity.

GoldenChild

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
My dick...your mouths....think it'll work?

KarmAx777

Dec 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/18/99
<<My dick...your mouths....think it'll work?>>

The self-proclaimed Golden Child speaketh.

rev. last exit, Sealth

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
what the fuck? you think it's original to buy armani and wear it
around? if it was original, we woudlnt' know what the fuck you were
talking about when you started babbling on in your straight-outta-webtv
post about your fucking cool-ass threads and some hookers from philly
who were playing your dumb fat-wallet ass.

more importantly, a "backpacker" is someone who throws on a back pack
and goes hiking in the mountains (you may have heard of those) and
subsists only on what is in the said backpack. it a'int no fucking
fashion statment, genius.

lastly, my life is VASTLY more interesting than yours and it is no big
deal to have mad girls wanting to perform sick sexual acts upon you,
just takes a little sparkle and some genetic blessing, which i got.
i've got plenty of opportunities but i stick with my girl because i
love her and if she's a better fuck than those 5 dollar crack hookers
who make you think you're a "playa." there is more to life than getting
syphillis and jumping off a building when your stock crashes.

the clothes i'm wearing right now cost less this month than my fucking
20 internet connection. and i bet i'm way more comfortable than you.
finally, i'm wearing some DAMN OLD timberlands and, since they ARE
LEATHER, they are way better than when i first got them. god damn new
leather boots make your feet hurt while you're breaking them in. but i
guess that was all about your posture and shit, yeup?

--
----***^^^***----
http://www.pot-smoker.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Nesta

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
>Subject: Re: First and Last time I'll ever chill with a backpacker.....
>From: "Jason Rzepka" jrz...@praja.com

>p.s. what's up with "record baggers"? Ok, i'm officially coining this term
>right now...just like senseye claims to have coined "backpackers"...i was at
>this show up in LA a few weeks ago, and there are like 30 kids in the crowd
>with record bags full of 12inchers. it's like, babu, revolution, ptrix are

>on the lineup...you think they're gonna be like "yo, anybody wanna spin for

>a while? will any dj's in the house please report to the main stage..."

>It's hot in this joint, you're standing up for 5 hours...why bring vinyl?

this reminds me when my parents used to take me to the us open. all these old
folks were there in their tennis whites carrying rackets around. baffling....

...nesta...

Most of you can't even comprehend what I am saying to you
Even in my human form the message I'm relaying

One good thing about music
When it hits you feel no pain

Delirium

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
Nesta wrote:

> this reminds me when my parents used to take me to the us open. all these old
> folks were there in their tennis whites carrying rackets around. baffling....
>
> ...nesta...

Maybe it was to prove how down they were?

GoldenChild

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
Please, my nastiest bitch would blow out your baddest bitches. Picture
me fuckin' with low class broads, I know you wanna picture me fuckin'
ugly girls, but thats not the case. Also, dont try to make it seem like
I'm a lil' rich kid. I grew up in Astoria nigga....try to find a nice
place to live in Astoria. I got where I'm at 'cause I clawed my way to
the top. Also, I didnt say my clothes were original shit that noone
had....I just said they look good...and they do. Further more...Shut the
fuck up you lil' hoes, stop cryin' like little girls.

"Stop cryin' like a bitch and get rich" - Nas -
"Miserable cats, hunger painin', get off ya ass and stop complainin'! -
Nas -
"Jealousy's a mothafucka, ya weak jeakous mothafuckas"

Delirium

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
Yo who is this going to and what about? I think nesta posted some shit
about tennis? and before that applesauce was talking about some shit he
saw at a concert.

applesauce

Dec 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/21/99
On Thu, 16 Dec 1999 10:47:50 GMT, tschnet...@uni-muenster.de (Tim
Schnetgöke) wrote:

>did they really bring vinyl with them? i often sport a record bag at
>uni, because i see no need to buy a backpack...

yeah, i'm pretty sure it was vinyl in their bags. The bags weren't
like flopping around all empty styles...i don't know how to explain
it, but i'm sure there were rekkirds in there. I used to sport this
sort of record bag-over the shoulder type thing last year when i got
sick of backpacks...you could put some 12ers up in that bitch.

Ok, i really didn't feel like responding to this, but you asked a
question so i felt i needed to respond. Plus that story about buying
17 12"ers almost made coffee come out my nose. Keep on spinning
dude...

respectfully,

applesauce

"If you put as much time into your mind as you do your hair, you'd be 1000 times better off"
--Malcolm X

DJLilE

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
sauce.. good to hear you keeping them records and tables.. don't sell them
shits man.. it will be regret city down the road..

peace.............E

dali

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
Dear

Do you have any "Hip-Hop or Breaking" tape and vedio.
If you have anyone.
Please sent me and tell me how much is it?
I am Taiwanes.
If you have any dance information please sent for me.

Jerry

mima...@is2.dal.ca

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
GoldenChild <Legonda...@webtv.net> wrote:
> I was just pointing out that I had on stylish or classy apparel, and he
> did not. I can tell just from the way you niggas were offended by my
> description that ya'll are fuckin' geeks. Get a life. Ya'll are the type
> to talk shit about people like me then silently wish you lived the life
> I do. Yeah I got fly clothes, yes I got nice jewelry, yes I have a
> beautiful car, yes I got alot of girls that want to perfrom sick sexual
> acts on me, yes I live a great life. I can say this with all honesty,
> can you? Do I show-off? Yes I do. Why? Because I earned all my goods,
> came from the gutter and rised above alot of people, same ol' story
> baby. High school drop out that took the low road while everyone else
> took the high one and got to happiness faster. Truth is, I wont chill
> with you backpack niggas not because of you're opinion, but because you
> niggas are punks with no originality, no style, no class, no identity,
> no character. If I gave ya'll everything I had you'd take it all and
> throw away everything you once had. Clowns.

So why do you spend all your time hanging out with the geeks on the
internet, instead of 'performing sick sexual acts' and 'looking fly'???
Hmmmmm... "Hey baby, wanna swerve back to my crib and do some MAD
posting on the 'net?"
-thaMANSTA

{^^^^} {^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| \ / Matthew Manuel "Cause one thing I know is that
| \ / ICQ# 13963820 the truth can always be questioned.
| \/ mima...@is2.dal.ca YEAH that's how I'm livin.
| |\ /| thaM...@hotmail.com Ask and ye shall be given." -KRS-One
{____}\__/{______________________________________________________________
<EOT>

ba...@home.com

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
In article <83sdtf$3o1$1...@News.Dal.Ca>,
mima...@is2.dal.ca wrote:

> So why do you spend all your time hanging out with the geeks on the
> internet, instead of 'performing sick sexual acts' and 'looking
fly'???
> Hmmmmm... "Hey baby, wanna swerve back to my crib and do some MAD
> posting on the 'net?"

hahahaha rock rock on

--
One Love,
Terry Malko

'A rich man is one with knowledge, happiness and his health' -- Common

Google Beta User

Jan 13, 2005, 12:10:08 PM1/13/05
Does a backpacker even exist anymore? It seems people just don't care
any more.

Or maybe it's downloading/internet. OTOH, there are people like Lil'
John, Black Eyed Peas, and Common, who wether you think are dope or
not, I would NEVER have thought they'd be known by the MTV crowd a
couple of years ago.