ot people who are and were able to do great things without religion...

1 view

bozak

Jun 2, 2010, 8:57:38 AM6/2/10
not believing in the concept of hell hasnt stopped them from becoming great...

hopefully this may put those who are scared not to believe in in hokey ass book
religion at ease when going away from it...

youre welcome, because no one can tell me there isnt a person on this list that
somebody admires...

if all of these people are going to hell i certainly want to go cause with out them
heaven is going to be boring as fuck... :-)

Abigail Adams (2nd First Lady)
Douglas Adams (writer)
John Adams (2nd U.S. President)
John Quincy Adams (6th U.S. President)
Edward Albee (playwright)
Alan Alda (actor)
Ethan Allen (American revolutionary)
Steve Allen (songwriter, TV personality, writer)
Woody Allen (writer, actor, director)
Robert Altman (director)
Jorge Amado (Brazilian writer)
Sir Kingsley Amis (writer)
Eric Ambler (writer)
Susan B. Anthony (civil rights leader)
Aristotle (Greek philosopher)
Lance Armstrong (athelete)
Isaac Asimov (writer/scientist)
Sir David Attenborough (naturalist)
Margaret Atwood (writer)
Francis Bacon (philosopher)
Kevin Bacon (actor)
Clara Barton (nurse, humanitarian)
Russell Baker (writer)
Antonio Banderas (actor)
Dan Barker (freethought activist, former evangelical minister)
Dave Barry (writer, humorist)
Simone de Beauvoir (writer, philosopher)
Ludwig van Beethoven (composer)
Ingmar Bergman (director)
Irving Berlin (wrote "White Christmas", "Easter Parade" and "God Bless America")
Sarah Bernhardt (French actress)
Ambrose Bierce (writer)
Georges Bizet (composer)
William Blake (writer)
Bill Blass (fashion designer)
Simon Bolivar (South American revolutionary leader)
Rosa Bonheur (painter)
Margaret Bourke-White (photographer)
David Bowie (musician)
Johannes Brahams (composer)
Marlon Brando (actor)
Richard Branson (entrepreneur)
Robert Browning (writer)
Pearl Buck (writer)
Warren Buffet (businessman, philanthopist)
Luther Burbank (botanist)
Sir Richard F Burton (explorer)
Lord Byron (writer)
Albert Camus (writer)
George Carlin (comedian)
Andrew Carnegie (industrialist)
Johnny Carson (TV host)
Fidel Castro (revolutionary, Cuban leader)
Catherine the Great (Russian ruler)
Dick Cavett (TV host)
Charlie Chaplin (actor)
Noam Chomsky (philosopher)
Winston Churchill (British prime minister)
Marcus Tullius Cicero (Roman philosopher, statesman)
Sir Arthur C. Clarke (writer)
Georges Clemenceau (French Prime Minister)
George Clooney (actor)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge (writer)
Billy Connolly (comedian, actor)
Aaron Copland (composer)
Noel Coward (actor, playwright, composer)
Quentin Crisp (writer)
David Cronenberg (filmmaker)
E. E. Cummings (writer)
Marie Curie (physicist, chemist)
Clarence Darrow (lawyer)
Charles Darwin (naturalist)
Richard Dawkins (biologist, writer)
Eugene Debs (labor leader, reformer)
Claude Debussy (composer)
Eugene Delacroix (artist)
Daniel Dennett (philosopher)
John Dewey (philosopher)
Phyllis Diller (comedian)
Isak Dineson (writer)
Charles Dickens (writer)
Emily Dickenson (writer)
Marlena Dietrich (actor)
Phil Donahue (TV host)
Frederick Douglass (abolitionist)
Arthur Conan Doyle (writer)
Richard Dreyfus (actor)
David Duchovny (actor)
Patrick Duffy (actor)
Isodora Duncan (dancer)
Roger Ebert (film critic)
Thomas Edison (inventor)
Bart Ehrman (New Testament scholar)
Albert Einstein (physicist)
George Eliot (writer)
Ralph Waldo Emerson (writer, philosopher)
Friedrich Engles (economist, writer)
Epicurus (Greek philosopher)
Philip Jose Farmer (writer)
Jules Feiffer (writer, cartoonist)
W. C. Fields (actor)
Harvey Fierstein (actor)
Carrie Fisher (actress/writer)
F. Scott Fitzgerald (writer)
Gustave Flaubert (writer)
Ken Follett (writer)
Henry Fonda (actor)
Harrison Ford (actor)
E. M. Forster (writer)
Jodie Foster (actor)
John Fowles (writer)
Benjamin Franklin (writer, inventor, founding father, ambassador)
Sigmund Freud (psychiatrist)
Betty Friedan (feminist writer)
Kinky Friedman (writer)
Milton Friedman (economist)
Erich Fromm (writer)
Robert Frost (poet)
Buckminster Fuller (architect)
Matilda Joslyn Gage (feminist, writer)
John Kenneth Galbraith (economist)
Mohandes Gandhi (Indian political and spiritual leader)
Bill Gates (businessman, philanthropist)
George Gershwin (composer)
Ira Glass (public radio host)
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (writer)
Whoopi Goldberg (actor)
Emma Goldman (writer)
Maxim Gorky (playwright)
Marjoe Gortner (child evangelist)
Stephen J. Gould (paleontologist)
U.S. Grant (Civil War General & 18th U.S. President)
Graham Greene (writer)
Germaine Greer (writer)
Kathy Griffin (actor)
Edmund Halley (astronomer, mathematician)
Yip Harburg (lyricist: "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" 100's of other songs)
Sam Harris (writer)
Harry Harrison (writer)
James A. Haught (journalist)
Stephen Hawking (physicist)
Hugh Hefner (publisher)
Robert Heinlein (writer)
Joseph Heller (writer)
Katharine Hepburn (actor)
Ernest Hemingway (writer)
Thor Heyerdahl (adventurer)
Sir Edmund Hillary (mountaineer, explorer)
Ayaan Hirsi-Ali (Dutch feminist, writer, politician)
Christopher Hitchens (writer)
Eric Hoffer (social writer)
Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. (Supreme Court Justice)
Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr. (physician, writer)
Langston Hughes (writer)
Victor Hugo (writer)
John Huston (actor/director)
Aldous Huxley (writer)
Julian Huxley (biologist)
Thomas Huxley (biologist)
Henrik Ibsen (playwright)
Eric Idle (actor/writer)
Robert Ingersoll (Civil War veteran, orator)
John Irving (writer)
Molly Ivins (journalist)
Eddie Izzard (actor, comedian)
Thomas Jefferson (3rd U.S. President)
Billy Joel (singer, songwriter)
Elton John (singer, songwriter)
Angelina Jolie (actor)
Scott Joplin (composer)
James Joyce (writer)
Carl Jung (psychiatrist)
Frida Kahlo (artist)
Immanuel Kant (writer)
Diane Keaton (actor)
John Keats (writer)
Helen Keller (writer, activist)
Jerome Kern (composer)
Margo Kidder (actor)
Larry King (radio/TV host)
Stanley Kubrick (director, screenwriter)
Burt Lancaster (actor)
Elsa Lanchester (actor)
Hugh Laurie (actor)
D. H. Lawrence (writer)
Cloris Leachman (actor)
Richard Leakey (paleoanthropologist)
John LeCarre (writer)
Bruce Lee (actor)
John Lennon (singer/songwriter)
Monica Lewinsky (White House intern)
Sinclair Lewis (writer)
G. Gordon Liddy (campaign manager)
Abraham Lincoln (16th U.S. President)
John Locke (philosopher)
Jack London (writer)
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (writer)
James Russell Lowell (writer)
Robert Lowell (poet)
James Madison (4th U.S. President)
Ferdinand Magellan (explorer)
Bill Maher (TV host, comedian)
Norman Mailer (writer)
John Malkovich (actor)
Barry Manilow (singer, songwriter)
Christopher Marlowe (writer)
Everett Dean Martin (writer)
Karl Marx (philosopher, political theorist)
Henri Matisse (artist)
Somerset Maughm (writer)
Mary McCarthy (writer)
Malachy McCourt (writer)
Ian McEwan (writer)
Sir Ian McKellen (actor)
Butterfly McQueen (actor ---Prissy in "Gone with the Wind")
Herman Melville (writer)
H. L. Mencken (writer)
James Michener (writer)
Edna St. Vincent Millay (writer)
Arthur Miller (playwright)
David Mills (writer)
A. A. Milne (writer)
Christopher Robin Milne (writer, son of A.A. Milne, subject of Pooh books)
John Stuart Mill (philosopher)
Helen Mirren (actor)
Moliere (French playwright)
Julianne Moore (actor)
Desmond Morris (zoologist)
Gouverneur Morris (statesman, founding father, writer)
John Mortimer (barrister, writer)
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (composer)
Iris Murdoch (writer, philosopher)
Paul Newman (actor)
Randy Newman (singer, songwriter)
Mike Nichols (director)
Jack Nicholson (actor)
Leslie Nielsen (actor)
Oscar Niemeyer (architect)
Friedrich Nietzsche (philosopher)
Florence Nightingale (nurse, writer)
Joyce Carol Oates (writer)
Sean O'Casey (playwright)
Flannery O'Conner (writer)
Madalyn Murray O'Hair (WWII veteran, atheist actvist)
Eugene O'Neill (playwright)
George Orwell (writer)
Patton Oswalt (actor/comedian)
Thomas Paine (revolutionary, pamphleteer)
Dorothy Parker (writer)
Linus Pauling (scientist, Nobel Peace Prize winner)
Sean Penn (actor)
Penn and Teller (comedic illusionists)
Joaquin Phoenix (actor)
Allan Pinkerton (detective)
Harold Pinter (playwright, director)
Camille Pissaro (artist)
Brad Pitt (actor)
William Pitt (British statesman)
Edgar Allen Poe (writer)
Alexander Pope (writer)
Cole Porter (composer, songwriter)
Natalie Portman (actor)
Joseph Priestly (chemist)
Marcel Proust (writer)
Ayn Rand (writer)
Tony Randall (actor)
James Randi (The Amazing Randi, illusionist)
Ron Reagan (radio host, son of Ronald Reagan)
Keanu Reaves (actor)
Robert Redford (actor)
Carl Reiner (actor/director)
Christopher Reeve (actor)
Paul Robeson (singer)
Gene Roddenberry (writer)
Tom Robbins (writer)
Auguste Rodin (artist)
Richard Rodgers (composer)
Ray Romano (actor)
Andy Rooney (TV commentator, writer)
Jane Rule (writer)
Salman Rushdie (writer)
Bertrand Russell (philosopher)
Carl Sagan (astronomer, writer)
Jonas Salk (physician best known for development of polio vaccine)
George Sand (writer)
Carl Sandberg (writer)
Margaret Sanger (birth control activist)
George Santayana (philosopher, writer)
Susan Sarandon (actor)
Jean-Paul Sartre (philosopher, writer)
Charles Schultz (cartoonist)
Seneca (orator, writer)
Omar Sharif (actor)
William Shatner (actor)
George Bernard Shaw (writer)
Mary Shelley (writer)
Percy Shelley (writer)
Sarah Silverman (comedian)
Neil Simon (playwright)
Frank Sinatra (singer)
Upton Sinclair (writer)
B. F. Skinner (psychologist, writer)
Steven Soderbergh (screenwriter, producer, director)
Stephen Sondheim (composer, lyricist)
Susan Sontag (writer, activist)
Annika Sorenstam (athlete)
Mira Sorvino (actor)
Baruch Spinoza (philosopher)
Joseph Stalin (world leader)
Elizabeth Cady Stanton (social activist)
Rod Steiger (actor)
Gertrude Stein (writer)
Gloria Steinem (feminist, journalist)
John Steinbeck (writer)
Howard Stern (radio personality)
Robert Louis Stevenson (writer)
Richard Strauss (composer)
Meryl Streep (actor)
Donald Sutherland (actor)
Julia Sweeney (actor)
James Taylor (singer, songwriter)
Peter Tchaikovsky (composer)
Alfred Tennyson (writer)
Studs Terkel (writer)
William Makepeace Thackery (writer)
Henry David Thoreau (writer)
James Thurber (writer)
Uma Thurman (actor)
Pat Tillman (athlete, killed in Iraqi War)
Leo Tolstoy (writer)
Ted Turner (businessman, philanthropist)
Mark Twain (writer)
Theo Van Gogh (Dutch film director)
Guiseppe Verdi (composer)
Gore Vidal (writer)
Voltaire (philosopher)
Kurt Vonnegut (writer)
Sarah Vowell (writer)
Alice Walker (writer)
George Washington (Revolutionary General, 1st U.S. President)
H. G. Wells (writer)
Walt Whitman (writer)
Oscar Wilde (writer)
Gene Wilder (actor)
John Wilkes (London mayor)
Roger Williams (theologian)
Ted Williams (baseball player)
Bruce Willis (actor)
P. G. Wodehouse (writer)
Tom Wolfe (writer)
Virginia Woolf (writer)
Steve Wozniak (entrepreneur - Apple)
Frank Lloyd Wright (architect)
William Butler Yeats (writer)
Frank Zappa (composer)
Emile Zola (writer)

--
Those who understand that religion and philosophy are exercises in abstraction akin to poetry or art
can deal with these issues in a rational manner... they know that abstractions exist within the human

Caroline Evans

bozak

Jun 2, 2010, 9:09:04 AM6/2/10

they belong here as well...

Deborah Clark
James Baldwin
W. E. B. DuBois
Richard Wright
Gregory Gross
Zora Neale Hurston
Alice Walker - The Color Purple - Interview with Beliefnet. Calls God "Mama". :)

Frederick Douglas
Dr. Carter G. Woodson - Negro History Week was started by him.
Gwendolyn Brooks
Langston Hughes

Yap

Jun 2, 2010, 9:41:13 AM6/2/10
On 2 Jun, 19:57, " bozak" <________bo...@gmail.com________>
wrote:
> Alfred ...
>
> baca lagi »

Are human's single life on earth need to have another one in the
wilderness?
A life on earth being valued as human certainly does not equate to
another one can enjoy.
The hell and heaven thing are for the loons who aren't human.

miss9er

Jun 2, 2010, 11:43:31 AM6/2/10
On Jun 2, 5:57 am, " bozak" <________bo...@gmail.com________>
wrote:
> Alfred ...
>
> read more »

Howard Stern? I would not call him admirable Boz but the others are.
One does not need to fear hell to do good things nor do they have to
have religion in their life.

bozak

Jun 2, 2010, 11:53:31 AM6/2/10

why are you hating on fartman??? :-)

Chainsaw

Jun 2, 2010, 12:05:47 PM6/2/10

What are you talking about? Howard Stern is a genius.

--
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice,
but in practice there is.

miss9er

Jun 2, 2010, 12:25:48 PM6/2/10

who's that? Johnny? If it's him I'm not hating on him just telling him
like it is. :-)

miss9er

Jun 2, 2010, 12:28:29 PM6/2/10

NOT...Jon Stewart is though

mayner

Jun 2, 2010, 1:12:07 PM6/2/10
On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 09:25:48 -0700 (PDT), miss9er <kz...@live.com>
wrote:

>On Jun 2, 8:53�am, bozak <boz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 2, 11:43�am, miss9er <kz...@live.com> wrote:

>> > Howard Stern? I would not call him admirable Boz but the others are.
>> > One does not need to fear hell to do good �things nor do they have to
>> > have religion in their life.
>>
>> why are you hating on fartman??? �:-)
>
>who's that? Johnny? If it's him I'm not hating on him just telling him
>like it is. :-)

If this was deliberate I just got the best laugh of the day. If not,
well, I laughed anyway, as I'm sure Johnny will as well. ;-)

raven1

Jun 2, 2010, 1:21:57 PM6/2/10
On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 08:43:31 -0700 (PDT), miss9er <kz...@live.com>
wrote:

>On Jun 2, 5:57�am, " bozak" <________bo...@gmail.com________>

I wouldn't call Stalin admirable either...

Laurance

Jun 2, 2010, 1:39:36 PM6/2/10
wrote:
> not believing in the concept of hell hasnt stopped them from becoming great...
>
> hopefully this may put those who are scared not to believe in in hokey ass book
> religion at ease when going away from it...
>
> youre welcome, because no one can tell me there isnt a person on this list that
> somebody admires...
>
> if all of these people are going to hell i certainly want to go cause with out them
> heaven is going to be boring as fuck...  :-)

An interesting, (if not overwhelming) fact is that many people abandon
their religion (and/or their God) during their most productive years
only to embrace it emphatically later in life. Could be senility. Some
say it's wisdom. I only know that it is true.

miss9er

Jun 2, 2010, 2:03:36 PM6/2/10
> well, I laughed anyway, as I'm sure Johnny will as well.   ;-)- Hide quoted text -

fartman is his name? . What else could his nickname be. You mean he's
full of gas. Nice. :-)

Chainsaw

Jun 2, 2010, 2:19:41 PM6/2/10

They both are.

bozak

Jun 2, 2010, 3:15:26 PM6/2/10

like who???

Chim Chim

Jun 2, 2010, 3:27:25 PM6/2/10

"Chainsaw" <asad...@bakemono.net> wrote in message

>> Howard Stern? I would not call him admirable Boz but the others are.
>
> What are you talking about? Howard Stern is a genius.

He is a master interviewer.
He should be used to get information out of terrorist, he knows how to get
information out of anyone.

The Inconvenient Truth

Jun 2, 2010, 4:51:41 PM6/2/10
Wow! Lots o' smart people on that list.

" bozak" <______...@gmail.com________> wrote in message

mayner

Jun 2, 2010, 4:53:29 PM6/2/10
On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 11:03:36 -0700 (PDT), miss9er <kz...@live.com>
wrote:

Fartman was a character invented by Stern. He famously, or infamously,
came out on the set of the MTV Music Awards dressed up in his fartman
costume. His fans thought it was funny but no one else did. To give
you an idea, the pants had no butt in them. Let's just say Stern went
on a crash exercise/diet course immediately after. The comments were,
um, "blistering". ;-)

mayner

Jun 2, 2010, 4:58:18 PM6/2/10

My opinion? They just see the end coming and want to cover all the
bases. That and it helps believers in their family feel better. I've
lost my Mom (COPD) and my Sister (Ovarian Cancer) in the last two
years and I know for a fact that my Sister, not sure about Mom,
accepted religion to appease my wife and sister-in-law who are both
christians and helped with most of their care.

I have always thought if it makes a person feel better, "Why not?" No
skin off my nose.

Laurance

Jun 2, 2010, 5:08:16 PM6/2/10
> like who???- Hide quoted text -

Well lets see...how about one from your list...

At Frank Sinatra's request, Barbara Marx converted to Catholism before
their marriage in 1976. He was 61 years old and they remained married
until his death in 1998.

Laurance

Jun 2, 2010, 5:33:50 PM6/2/10
> until his death in 1998.- Hide quoted text -

Catholicism (Sp)

miss9er

Jun 2, 2010, 7:38:33 PM6/2/10
On Jun 2, 10:12 am, mayner <jeffmay...@USCNumberOne.com> wrote:
> well, I laughed anyway, as I'm sure Johnny will as well.   ;-)- Hide quoted text -

I thought boz was talking about my silly fights with johnny and since
he's full of hot air Johnny not boz if made sense and made me laugh.
Not thinking Howard Stern is all that does not mean I hate him. BTW I
thought fartman came from the simpsons? Saw a t shirt like that one
day.

miss9er

Jun 2, 2010, 7:40:02 PM6/2/10

John Adams had ties to religion though it did not run his life. damn
it I am suppose to be out of here.

miss9er

Jun 2, 2010, 7:41:19 PM6/2/10
:-)

> read more »- Hide quoted text -

miss9er

Jun 2, 2010, 7:43:08 PM6/2/10

Terraholm

Jun 2, 2010, 7:50:36 PM6/2/10

The United States of America have exhibited,
perhaps, the first example of governments
erected on the simple principles of nature....
[In] the formation of the American governments ...
it will never be pretended that any persons employed
in that service had interviews with the gods,
or were in any degree under the influence of heaven....
These governments were contrived merely by the use of reason and the senses.
-- John Adams

Laurance

Jun 2, 2010, 8:48:56 PM6/2/10
> skin off my nose.- Hide quoted text -

There is that certainly. But I've seen something else and it doesn't
seem to have any social-ecconomic boundaries either. If I were to make
an interpretation it would be that it appears that there comes a time
of realization that self realization is not enough, Perhaps a
realization of something greater than themselves, even if it is a mere
belief or faith. It appears to be a re-establishment of a God in their
lives. And I think religious choice is selected more often than not,
because of a reemergence of an earlier understanding and/or teaching
in that persons life.

martin

Jun 2, 2010, 9:15:42 PM6/2/10
On 03/06/2010 00:43, miss9er wrote:

>> read more �- Hide quoted text -

have the decency to bloody cut and trim

bozak

Jun 2, 2010, 9:43:53 PM6/2/10

sounds more like dementia...

Mike De Leon

Jun 3, 2010, 3:38:44 AM6/3/10
bozak wrote:
> not believing in the concept of hell hasnt stopped them from becoming
> great...
>
> hopefully this may put those who are scared not to believe in in hokey
> ass book
> religion at ease when going away from it...
>
> youre welcome, because no one can tell me there isnt a person on this
> list that
> somebody admires...
>
> if all of these people are going to hell i certainly want to go cause
> with out them
> heaven is going to be boring as fuck... :-)

Boz,I don't understand why people who believe in God, whatever their
view of it is, bugs you so much. To be fair there were/are a lot of
people who were devout in their beliefs of a God that also did great
things like Newton and Einstein (who you wrongly have on your list).

--
I am just a worthless liar
I am just an imbecile

I will find a center in you
I will chew it up and leave
I will work to elevate you
Just enough to bring you down

Trust me ... Trust me ... Trust me

Tool - Sober

mochaspresso

Jun 3, 2010, 5:41:04 AM6/3/10

Same with abigail adams.

bozak

Jun 3, 2010, 6:02:15 AM6/3/10
Mike De Leon wrote:

> Boz,I don't understand why people who believe in God, whatever their
> view of it is, bugs you so much.

them believing in god doesnt bug me a bit... it is their actions that bother me...
it is people acting like they believe when they dont that bothers me... it is starting
wars in the name of god that bothers me... it is the racism and hate that religion
allowed for years that bothers me... it is the gullability of those who believes
thatt bothers me... it is those who believe who have the nerve to say i am going
to hell and believe that i am not a good a person as they are that bothers me,
when i know i am far more moral than they could ever be that bothers me...

it is the fact that 99% of those who claim to be religious are hypocrites that
really bothers me...

other than that, they really dont bother me at all... :-)

> To be fair there were/are a lot of
> people who were devout in their beliefs of a God that also did great
> things like Newton and Einstein (who you wrongly have on your list).

i dont doubt that there are examples who believe in god that have done well,
its the fact that most people who say they believe and are total assholes,
take george w bush, sarah palin, dick cheney, and karl rove for instance...
all god fearing war mongering christians that dont mind the murder of
millions of people of color under the guise of christianity, and if not under
the guise, using the people who are christians to do so...

obama is no different when it comes to that...

bozak

Jun 3, 2010, 6:12:09 AM6/3/10
Mike De Leon wrote:
> Boz,I don't understand why people who believe in God, whatever their
> view of it is, bugs you so much. To be fair there were/are a lot of
> people who were devout in their beliefs of a God that also did great
> things like Newton and Einstein (who you wrongly have on your list).

http://atheism.about.com/od/einsteingodreligion/tp/Was-Einstein-an-Atheist-.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton's_religious_views

but my point was actually people do wonderful things without the
aid of religion and are great people, i truly beleive there has been far
more harm done to people in the name of religion than good...

look at the catholic church for one...

and dont let me get into the tax free status they enjoy, or the current
mixing of church and state now... ridiculous...

The Inconvenient Truth

Jun 3, 2010, 8:16:40 AM6/3/10

"martin" <use...@etiqa.co.uk> wrote in message

you're cussing at her and demanding "decency"???

bozak

Jun 3, 2010, 8:37:10 AM6/3/10

thats what you got out of that??? i thought they were dating... ;-)

The Inconvenient Truth

Jun 3, 2010, 8:51:59 AM6/3/10

" bozak" <______...@gmail.com________> wrote in message

British courtship rituals, of course.

lol

Mike De Leon

Jun 3, 2010, 3:00:11 PM6/3/10
bozak wrote:
> Mike De Leon wrote:
>
>> Boz,I don't understand why people who believe in God, whatever their
>> view of it is, bugs you so much.
>
> them believing in god doesnt bug me a bit... it is their actions that
> bother me...
> it is people acting like they believe when they dont that bothers me...
> it is starting
> wars in the name of god that bothers me... it is the racism and hate
> that religion allowed for years that bothers me... it is the gullability
> of those who believes
> thatt bothers me... it is those who believe who have the nerve to say i
> am going
> to hell and believe that i am not a good a person as they are that
> bothers me,
> when i know i am far more moral than they could ever be that bothers me...
>
> it is the fact that 99% of those who claim to be religious are
> hypocrites that
> really bothers me...
>
> other than that, they really dont bother me at all... :-)

Yeah I can see that and agree with you when it comes to those
hypocritical bastards. That's why they classify me as a heathen :^)

Just wondering.

>> To be fair there were/are a lot of
>> people who were devout in their beliefs of a God that also did great
>> things like Newton and Einstein (who you wrongly have on your list).
>
> i dont doubt that there are examples who believe in god that have done
> well,
> its the fact that most people who say they believe and are total
> assholes, take george w bush, sarah palin, dick cheney, and karl rove
> for instance...
> all god fearing war mongering christians that dont mind the murder of
> millions of people of color under the guise of christianity, and if not
> under
> the guise, using the people who are christians to do so...
>
> obama is no different when it comes to that...

zoolie

Jun 3, 2010, 3:15:29 PM6/3/10
On Jun 2, 8:57 am, " bozak" <________bo...@gmail.com________>

wrote:
> not believing in the concept of hell hasnt stopped them from becoming great...
>
> hopefully this may put those who are scared not to believe in in hokey ass book
> religion at ease when going away from it...
>
> youre welcome, because no one can tell me there isnt a person on this list that
> somebody admires...
>
> if all of these people are going to hell i certainly want to go cause with out them
> heaven is going to be boring as fuck...  :-)
>
> Alfred ...
>
> read more »

Lets not forget Ras Kass!

Ala

Jun 3, 2010, 9:21:39 PM6/3/10

" The Inconvenient Truth" <doandro...@electricsheep.com> wrote in
message news:hu88hh$orn$1...@news.albasani.net...

Good for them. Enjoy.

Ala

Jun 3, 2010, 9:45:23 PM6/3/10

"miss9er" <kz...@live.com> wrote in message

I am so out of it; was religion running his car in the infamous parking lot
scandal?!