George Clooney to Host MTV Telethon...

Ubiquitous

Jan 14, 2010, 5:07:10 AM1/14/10

TMC

Jan 14, 2010, 2:30:57 PM1/14/10
On Jan 14, 2:07 am, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/george-clooney-to-host-mtv-telethon-f...

> Let us hope that Kenye West wasn't invited!

Kanye can't use George Bush as a scapegoat now, since he's no longer
President of the USA.

This is exclusive to this column: actor George Clooney is planning to
host a telethon to raise money for the people of Haiti next Friday on
all the MTV channels.
George told me last night at a private reception for his movie “Up in
the Air” at the Monkey Bar — hosted by Vanity Fair’s Graydon Carter
and Paramount’s Brad Grey. Clooney is putting out the call today to
all his celebrity friends and performers to participate from both
coasts on Friday, January 22nd — and he’s gotten MTV’s Judy McGrath to
agree to air the show on MTV, VH-1, etc. That may be one reason
McGrath was a guest at last night’s shindig.
Clooney, in a celebratory mood over “Up in the Air,” has gotten
producer Joel Gallen, the guy who handled the famous 9-11 telethon on
all the networks, to produce the show. At last night’s party he
started in by buttonholing Sting — who came to the Monkey Bar with
wife Trudie Styler — to participate. Sting merely asked, “Where do I
go?” and Clooney was off to the races.

Ubiquitous

Jan 15, 2010, 5:02:53 AM1/15/10
tmc...@gmail.com wrote:
>On Jan 14, 2:07�am, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>> http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/george-clooney-to-host-mtv-telethon-f...
>>
>> Let us hope that Kenye West wasn't invited!
>
>Kanye can't use George Bush as a scapegoat now, since he's no longer
>President of the USA.

"Haiti, I'm really sad for you, and I'm gonna let you finish, but the 2004
tsunami was one of the best disasters of all time!"

--
"Admittedly, conservatives give as good as they get. The difference
between us and [leftists] is that we can argue as well as inveigh.