Sample ID

wes

Dec 14, 2001, 7:47:34 AM12/14/01
From Redman's "Time 4 Sum Aksion", I guess it's a vocal sample, its the
only thing still going in the background at like the 3 minute mark when
Red starts talking and then he like "whats up". Where is that from and
who else has used it?? This is bugging the fuck out of me. I checked the
sample faq but that don't seem to have that sample.

wes

Matthias Jost

Dec 15, 2001, 4:58:10 PM12/15/01
> From Redman's "Time 4 Sum Aksion", I guess it's a vocal sample, its the
> only thing still going in the background at like the 3 minute mark when
> Red starts talking and then he like "whats up". Where is that from and
> who else has used it??

If I'm not completely mistaken this says "go Brooklyn" and is from
Stetsasonic's "Go Stetsa I", probably from a accappella or instrumental.
You can easily purchase the Stetsasonic "ON FIRE" album that features
the cut in question, as it just recently was re-issued by Tommy Boy.
Every other Brooklyn rap act has used that sample, as well as
non-BK artists, as you can see.

Matt

+MJ is listening to Leschea's "How We Stay"+