What is Ghost saying?

lor...@my-deja.com

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
i was listening to the new Ghost and he said "snow white rabbit." i
almost fell outa my chair when i heard that. the new album sounds dope
but the shit that Ghost says makes me bug like "gurrilas injected
straight with 80 midgets." "ohh the rev ain't right" and some other
shit....

also listened to Immoboilarity(sp) and some songs are alright like "100
Rounds" and the lyrics on #14 are really dope. oh yeah "My Favorite
Dread" is not that bad either. over all i thought it could be way
better....

PEACE from Hawaii

"niggas niggas niggas caught a little boom from that album bounce to
that shit"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Seymour Bush

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
>"ohh the rev ain't right"

this one is pretty simple, the reverand. The reverand had 3 condoms fall out
his pocket-which means he's fucking hoes, rather than his wife. 2 Dice-rev
gambling too. 1 bag of dope-if he aint in trouble yet, this did it. The whole
church is corrupt:
Yo bottles going off in the church we broke the wine
Slap the pastor didnt know pop had asthma
He pulled out his blue bible change fell out his coat
Three condoms two dice one bag of dope
Oooh rev aint right, his church aint right
Deacon is a pimp tell by his eyes
Mrs. Parks said "brother Starks meet you at the number spot
Heard you got red tops out and I want alot"
Shirley fainted dead on the spot
Two ushers slipped 80 dollars right out the pot oh shit

as for
biggie's versaces snow white rabbit
It just describes the wardrobe of either him or the parrot he just had his nose
up: It's a white versace suit, just like biggie used to wear. Ever see a white
rabbit? Them shit's is white, ever see snow? Very white! What better way to
paint a picture, great adjectives.

>"gurrilas injected
>straight with 80 midgets."

as for this, I have to see the verse, to explain this, I might not be able to,
shit the above might be wrong but thats what I get out of it. A picture is
worth a thousand words, while a wu verse is worth a few hundred at least.
Ghost really isnt that abstract if compared to raekwon.

xienze

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
Seymour Bush wrote:

[snip]

> >"gurrilas injected
> >straight with 80 midgets."
>
> as for this, I have to see the verse, to explain this, I might not be able to,
> shit the above might be wrong but thats what I get out of it. A picture is
> worth a thousand words, while a wu verse is worth a few hundred at least.
> Ghost really isnt that abstract if compared to raekwon.

This actually isn't on Supreme Clientele; it's from Guillotine (Swordz) on Cuban
Linx.

Yo, you fourteen-karat gold slum computer wizard
Tappin inside my rap bank causes blizzards
The wild life that kills for ice trife like by the digits
Gorillas (guerillas?) injected with strength of eighty midgets

Cool verse. And I definitely agree with you on Ghost's lyricism. It's very
abstract and vague -- it's the perfect approximation of thoughts into words.

Kaz

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
Actually some of Ghost's rhymes are too ambiguous and on the surface
don't make sense. Of course there's gonna be some smart ass who will say
they understand everything he says. Even when you analyze 'em you may
read into some of his rhymes the wrong way. It's good to be an abstract
writer/emcee and not be one dimensional but not to the point where you
lose the listener.

"I'm not caught up in politics/ I'm no black activist on a so called
scholar's dick"

-GZA

Starscream1979

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00

<<Actually some of Ghost's rhymes are too ambiguous and on the surface
don't make sense. Of course there's gonna be some smart ass who will say
they understand everything he says. Even when you analyze 'em you may
read into some of his rhymes the wrong way. It's good to be an abstract
writer/emcee and not be one dimensional but not to the point where you
lose the listener.>>

the majority of people in America are idiots so losing the listener is a pretty
easy thing to do.

Seymour Bush

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
>Yo, you fourteen-karat gold slum computer wizard
----not sure how to take this line, but I guess he is talking about someone
successful in the projects.

>Tappin inside my rap bank causes blizzards
----if you try to break down his rhymes, your gonna get hit with so much shit,
that it'd be like being in the middle of a blizzard

>The wild life that kills for ice trife like by the digits
----thugs be killing people for their jewels and riches, trife in a number of
ways

>Gorillas (guerillas?) injected with strength of eighty midgets
----probably the simplest line to break down, gorillas meaning strong males the
size and strength of a gorilla, either on steroids or just self obtained with
the strength of 80 midgets. Midgets are small and compact, especially where
you see midgets the most is wrestling, and they usually muscular for their
stature.

Seymour Bush

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
>the majority of people in America are idiots so losing the listener is a
>pretty
>easy thing to do.

yeah rza said something like this, this is why master P sells so many records,
theres alot more idiot hiphop listeners who can understand and relate to his
songs, than a wu song, he dissed the south saying there were alot of ignorant
people down there, if anyone knows where this interview was or can be found,
it'd be appreciated, was looking for it a few months ago but never found it

Kaz

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
>the majority of people in America are idiots so
>losing the listener is a pretty easy thing to do.

Perhaps you're one of 'em smart ass. Noone in this ng has been
slobbering over this new Ghost joint more than you so I'm not surprised
by your sarcastic remark.

III GMD III

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
>Perhaps you're one of 'em smart ass. Noone in this ng has been slobbering over
this new Ghost joint more than you so I'm not surprised by your sarcastic
remark.

just be glad that you don't have aol to see him post the same kind of shit in
about 30 different places.

The Philosopher

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
Ghost was recently on Rap City, and he was asked about a "12 Monkeys, 6 Nazi's"
line. Ghost was like, "I dont' even know what it means youknowwhatI'msayin?"
Basically, he said sometimes, he'll have a vision, and he'll just write it
down, some obscure stuff. If you'd have asked him then, he'd have told you what
it meant, but now he's not so sure. The man said it himself.

Rikki O

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00

The Philosopher <mad...@aol.comWWFrocks> wrote in message

and isn't that just a lil dumb?

Rocketman3003

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
maybe he just didn't feel like explaining himself in depth on the show. I know
sometimes I don't feel liek answering certains things because I jus tdon't want
to bother with it and I go "I don't know forget about it".

And speaking of Rap City, what happened with Ghost and Tigger? I keep hearin of
how he dissed Tigga, but everyone that tells me about it says they heard about
it from someone else and didn't actually see it.

Seymour Bush

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
>And speaking of Rap City, what happened with Ghost and Tigger? I keep hearin
>of
>how he dissed Tigga, but everyone that tells me about it says they heard
>about
>it from someone else and didn't actually see it.

if you go to sohh.com, you can stream the whole ghost interview that took
place, I remember he was asked about that, he said something happened, but
they're alright now.

Kaz

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
I peeped that episode where Ghost was on Rap City. It aired like 2 weeks
ago. Ghost was buggin' out. Ghost and Tigga don't got beef..him and
Ghost were joking around. The Basement is bull shit, B.E.T tries to give
the impression that some of the shit isn't rehearsed but it is,
especially that episode with Rakim where they kept makin' Ra
disappear(corny). I think heads are talking about the part when Ghost
had a bag and Tigga was like "yo Ghost what's in that bag"..and Ghost
was cursing at Tigga telling him ain't shit funny and don't worry about
what's in the bag. Ghost seemed serious as hell but he wasn't.

Dun Loc

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00

no

Dun Loc

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
Rikki O wrote:

> Dun Loc <dun...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> not understanding your own rhymes seems dumb to me, whether or not the
> actual rhyme is dope.

good for you, he said he forgot, not that he didn't know. he might even
be able to remember if he tried

Dun Loc

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
Rikki O wrote:

> Dun Loc <dun...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> not the first time it's happened though. it could happen to anyone i'm sure,
> but certain wu-tang members have a tendency to respond with blank answers.
> being asked about your rhymes is certainly a criterion of an interview don't
> you think? i think so.

sure it is. possibly the explanation would lose the effect, possibly
that interview isn't the right time and place. possibly it was
forgotten. if you use simple uncomplicated rhymes surely this 'problem'
wouldn't occur as often. but with complicated rhymes, metaphor, similie,
symbolism, etc, etc the chance for the meaning to be obscured increases
even by the creator. it doesn't mean he is dumb.

Rikki O

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

The Philosopher

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
>And speaking of Rap City, what >happened with Ghost and Tigger?

It was funny as shit. You should've seen it, Ghost kept on dissing Tigga. Tigga
would say something all kissing ass and smiling, then Ghost was like

"hey, you think this is a f*(8 joke? Wipe that smirk off your face, for real".

His expression was dead serious.

Then, Ghost was pulling out a cigar, and Tigga was like no. Ghost like stared
him down.'

But it was a joke ofcourse, else it wouldn't be televised.

Rikki O

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

Dun Loc <dun...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Rikki O

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

> sure it is. possibly the explanation would lose the effect, possibly
> that interview isn't the right time and place. possibly it was
> forgotten. if you use simple uncomplicated rhymes surely this 'problem'
> wouldn't occur as often. but with complicated rhymes, metaphor, similie,
> symbolism, etc, etc the chance for the meaning to be obscured increases
> even by the creator. it doesn't mean he is dumb.

that's understandable, but when your own obscurity often prevents you from
providing any kind of insight then what is the point of an interview? btw, i
never meant to imply that ghost as a person is dumb. i wouldn't judge
someone based on that.

Kevan

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

Kaz <Kaz_...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> I peeped that episode where Ghost was on Rap City. It aired like 2 weeks
> ago. Ghost was buggin' out. Ghost and Tigga don't got beef..him and
> Ghost were joking around. The Basement is bull shit, B.E.T tries to give
> the impression that some of the shit isn't rehearsed but it is,
> especially that episode with Rakim where they kept makin' Ra
> disappear(corny). I think heads are talking about the part when Ghost
> had a bag and Tigga was like "yo Ghost what's in that bag"..and Ghost
> was cursing at Tigga telling him ain't shit funny and don't worry about
> what's in the bag. Ghost seemed serious as hell but he wasn't.

Yeah that was wack. I don't like The Basement at all. Maybe when they
freestyle in the studio a little bit. Tigger is always yelling up to his mom
about dinner and people are coming through the window instead of the door.
It's bogus.

Also in that bag Ghost had, wasn't it the Wu-Tang game and a playstation.
Maybe it was that suitcase, I don't remember. That show is bogus.

Kevan
STOP THE VIOLINS!

Rocketman3003

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
>that's understandable, but when your own obscurity often prevents you from
>providing any kind of insight then what is the point of an interview?

Like I said before, maybe he just didn't feel like going into it for whatever
reason.

Or it was just a rhyme that sounded dope to him and that was it. It doesn't
have any hidden or deep meaning.

Rikki O

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

Rocketman3003 <rocket...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Or it was just a rhyme that sounded dope to him and that was it. It
doesn't
> have any hidden or deep meaning.

alrighty then, i'll agree to that.

Kaz

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
>Tigger is always yelling up to his mom about
>dinner and people are coming through the
>window instead of the door. It's bogus.

Word..he be saying shit like "momma Tigga upstairs cookin' up a storm".
And every guest seems to be his "cousin"..shit is indeed corny.

Droctane22

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
Ghostface seems to have some beef with that rapper 50 cent based on what he
says on that Clyde Smith track...

Steve Clark

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

> >Tigger is always yelling up to his mom about
> >dinner and people are coming through the
> >window instead of the door. It's bogus.
>
> Word..he be saying shit like "momma Tigga upstairs cookin' up a storm".
> And every guest seems to be his "cousin"..shit is indeed corny

I've never seen it in my life (I don't get BET here), but it's weird...
everyone talks about how wack Tigger is, and they describe certain things
that go on in his show, but it all sounds kinda funny to me... maybe it's
less funny than it sounds, I don't know.

PEACE!
Steve Clark
stev...@home.com

jfine

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00

Kaz wrote:

> It's good to be an abstract
> writer/emcee and not be one dimensional but not to the point where you
> lose the listener.

I have to agree with you. I'm reminded of Rakim's words:

When I translate the situation's straight
No dictionary's necessary to use
Big words do nothing but confuse and elude

and:

If [a record is] understood and the story is strong
You can speak out and hold the crowd as prisoners
...this is for the listeners

Wreck43102

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00
ghostface and wu suck now. either the beats are shitty or the lyrics are
cheap. ghostface had good lyrics on his early shit. So all you fukin dorks go
analyze his new albums to find bullshit hidden meaning while I wipe my ass with
his cd.

Spirit68

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00
>yeah rza said something like this, this is why master P sells so many
>records,
>theres alot more idiot hiphop listeners who can understand and relate to his
>songs,

rza said that in the cover story Rappages did on Rza like a year and a half ago
or something...whenever that bobby digital came out.

Peace,

Spirit
Spread Love/Amphibians

I am a lover *and* a fighter...

Spirit68

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00
>but with complicated rhymes, metaphor, similie,
>symbolism, etc, etc the chance for the meaning to be obscured increases
>even by the creator. it doesn't mean he is dumb.

sorry, chief, in even my rhymes with triple meaning in the lines, i still
remember everything i was writing about...ghost's shit is essentially the
written equivalent of free hand painting...or maybe finger painting...haha

TZArecta

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00
>So all you fukin dorks go
>analyze his new albums to find bullshit hidden meaning while I wipe my ass
>with
>his cd.

Fantastic!!!!!!

"fuck that. Hip-hop is gonna be able to be played in Carnegie Hall! But not
with a DAT, with a 10-piece, and have a turntable in it, and Bobby Digital
right there in the middle."-RZA

jimmy...@my-deja.com

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00
go ahead, wipe your ass with his cd - i'll wipe mine with his mp3. he
ain't worth $12 of my money. tigger would kill ghost in a freestyle
anyday. anyone who disagrees is a straight up wu dick rider.

-jimmy bones

In article <20000214200409...@ng-fo1.aol.com>,

wreck...@aol.com (Wreck43102) wrote:
> ghostface and wu suck now. either the beats are shitty or the lyrics
are

> cheap. ghostface had good lyrics on his early shit. So all you

fukin dorks go
> analyze his new albums to find bullshit hidden meaning while I wipe
my ass with
> his cd.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

cypha

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00

<snip>

tigger would kill ghost in a freestyle
anyday. anyone who disagrees is a straight up wu dick rider.
<end snip>

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Tears streaming down my eyes from LOL.
Oh shit.........Ahhhh that was the funniest
shit I heard all day. tigger's freestyles are
excruciating and embarrasing at best.