newsgroup proposal..rec.music.indie.hip-hop

sole

Mar 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/5/97

YUP

thats the move. i couldn't have said it better myself.

its just a matter of getting people there.

sole
www.ime.net/~sole

<Pine.SOL.3.95.970306...@dana.ucc.nau.edu>...
> To the heads....
>
> We should make a new newsgroup called rec.music.indie.hip-hop cause I
> don't know about ya'll, but I'm fuckin sick of having to scroll through
> 2,000 messages about LL Cool J, Biggie, & Tre Killa Mac Money Pimp Bitch
> Slappin G, 300 lists about "My top 10 artists are the Fugees, THe
Beastie
> Boys, Snoop, Warren G...", 700 messages debating whether Tupac is dead,
50
> messages about whether Lauryn Hill is pregnant, 900 messages concerning
> East vs. West, and so on.
>
> rec.music.indie.hip-hop could be a group for heads heads to network,
> exchange ideas, find out info on underground/independent releases, etc.
> without wading through the vast sea of sewage that surrounds
> rec.music.hip-hop. I don't know how to start a newsgroup, but if anyone
> does we should combine minds and make this shit manifest.
>
> Keep it strong...
> TRUTH ELEMENTAL *ARCHITECTS OF INTELLECT*BRICK RECORDS*REBEL
ALLIANCE*ICU*

TRUTH ELEMENTAL

Mar 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/6/97

eurok

Mar 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/6/97

In article <Pine.SOL.3.95.970306...@dana.ucc.nau.edu>,
TRUTH ELEMENTAL <jj...@dana.ucc.nau.edu> wrote:

ok. but it needs to be restricted. like on some password shit.

eurok

Existing Universally Requires Only Knowledge - EUROK
-------
eurok.com http://www.students.haverford.edu/purquill
"chew on the wax as your rap career wanes" - EurokSki La

B. David Harrison

Mar 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/6/97

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, eurok wrote:

> ok. but it needs to be restricted. like on some password shit.

And who decideds who gets in. Part of this .ng is educating folks. If
somebody who only listens to MTV's version of hip-hop comes here, learns
about OK or CoFlow, picks it up and realizes that it's the shit isn't that
a good thing. You can't have somebody sitting up there deciding who's
down or not. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you don't
like a post, skip over it. 1st ammendment, freedom of speech, if folks
wanna post about 2pac then let 'em. If we don't read it, and don't
respond to it, it will die. The hit-and-run bullshit posters don't stick
around. We do (and we all know who we are). If you don't pay any
attention to it, it will go away.

David Harrison
Live from Seattle

"There's little left to do now but to put our
heads between our knees and wait for the end"

Greg Pugliese

Mar 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/6/97

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, TRUTH ELEMENTAL wrote:

> rec.music.indie.hip-hop could be a group for heads heads to network,
> exchange ideas, find out info on underground/independent releases, etc.
> without wading through the vast sea of sewage that surrounds
> rec.music.hip-hop. I don't know how to start a newsgroup, but if anyone
> does we should combine minds and make this shit manifest.

Great idea, but how do you keep out the fools who are ruining this ng?
Every Snoop fan with a free-trial AOL account could post there.

-GJP

eurok

Mar 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/6/97

In article
<Pine.OSF.3.95.970306...@saul1.u.washington.edu>, "B.
David Harrison" <wa...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

it was just a bit of a joke on my part. nothing serious. but filrtering
out wack posts and toys is just a bitch. i hate having 100 unread articles
when i come in, and 70 when i leave. there is hardly anything worth
reading half the time...

sole

Mar 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/6/97

this is a real good point. not everyone lives in ny and cali... and for
the heads that live outside of the core breeding grounds for independent
hip hop, what other sources do we have to get their hands on dope shit?

3 years ago when I first got online, i was an AVERAGE bullshit NY
carbon copy emcee yelling bullshit, acting hard, and dissing the west
coast(all west coast was wack...ya know snoop, mac mall dre, ALL the west
coast). then some kids put me up on freestyle fellowship...
project blowed...
ras kass...

i would have been posting "KEEP IT REAL" or todays equivalent to
versace... living in MAINE I knew no better, and wasn't exposed to TRUE
underground hip hop, and through the internet i became enlightened, and
grew as a fan and an emcee.
if it wasn't for the internet, i would probably be what we all despise
now. (probably just less corny)

ANYWAY....maybe a newsgroup wouldn't be the best idea. maybe i website
with a bulletin board. i could put this on mine actually, i'm getting a
FAST server(better than a t-1) and starting an online mag called "CREATIVE
CONTROL" -couldn't think of a more fitting name for it. or we can used an
already established one

or we could go to alt.farmanimals or some shit, so only the HEADS would
know about it, that way when new kids came online and did a query of hip
hop or rap, they wouldn't end up where we are.

unfortunately i don't think enough people would show up to make it worth
all the work.
but i'm glad someone brought it up, because i'm tired of seeing that
bullshit too. it is important that we find a balance between the
fuckheads/ prospective heads/ the true heads/ and the dick heads, we can
have our own "underground" forum for the heads that are in the know, and
still check out the newsgroups, i mean what if tupac is still alive? i
wanna know and i won't find that out on the underground site (hehe)...

sole
live poets
45 below
http://www.ime.net/~sole

<E6nzA...@boss.cs.ohiou.edu>...

> "B. David Harrison" <wa...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, eurok wrote:
> >>
> >> ok. but it needs to be restricted. like on some password shit.
> >
> > And who decideds who gets in. Part of this .ng is educating folks.
If
> >somebody who only listens to MTV's version of hip-hop comes here,
learns
> >about OK or CoFlow, picks it up and realizes that it's the shit isn't
that
> >a good thing.
>

> David hit a really good point here. That's one reason why I've
eased
> my attacks on the 14 yr. olds with a new AOL account. Maybe that kid
will
> read RMHH regularly. He might regularly post "Tupac Livez!" or
something
> dumb like that, but in between maybe he'll read some posts by some older

> heads. Maybe he'll get take the recommendation to go buy "Paid In
Full."

> There are going to be posts that a lot of us aren't interested in.

> But if two kids are arguing who's better, Death Row & Bad Boy, maybe
that
> will urge them to really listen to these two camps and inspect what they

> are saying, rather than mindlessly listening.
>
> I'm not saying that anyone on here has the perfect solution on how
> listen to hip-hop. But I think that we tend to pay attention to each
> others thoughts and ideas. That's where I see the value of RMHH.
>
> Peace,
>
> *** MARBLES ***

Ike A Newton IV

Mar 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/7/97

B. David Harrison (wa...@u.washington.edu) wrote:
: On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, eurok wrote:
:
: >
[...]

I rather see an alt.music.business.hiphop
For those who want to start a label or just trade ideas about the business
aspect of hiphop. Indie labels can trade ideas, management Q&A, etc. Trade
local scene info, etc.

Andrew Raymond Ryall

Mar 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/7/97

eurok (purq...@haverford.edu) wrote:
: In article <Pine.SOL.3.95.970306...@dana.ucc.nau.edu>,
: TRUTH ELEMENTAL <jj...@dana.ucc.nau.edu> wrote:

: > To the heads....
: >
[...]

Why not keep it in the rec.music.hip-hop heirarchy and call it
rec.music.hip-hop.independant? And why not have it moderated (because I
doubt that there is a way to have passwords, and plus, how would one
establish who gets passwords?)?

--
Andrew Ryall
Memorial University of Newfoundland

e-mail: v65...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca

Christina Hsu

Mar 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/7/97

In <Pine.SOL.3.95.970306...@dana.ucc.nau.edu> TRUTH

ELEMENTAL <jj...@dana.ucc.nau.edu> writes:

>To the heads....
>
>We should make a new newsgroup called rec.music.indie.hip-hop cause I
>don't know about ya'll, but I'm fuckin sick of having to scroll
through
>2,000 messages about LL Cool J, Biggie, & Tre Killa Mac Money Pimp
Bitch
>Slappin G, 300 lists about "My top 10 artists are the Fugees, THe
Beastie
>Boys, Snoop, Warren G...", 700 messages debating whether Tupac is
dead, 50
>messages about whether Lauryn Hill is pregnant, 900 messages
concerning
>East vs. West, and so on.
>
>rec.music.indie.hip-hop could be a group for heads heads to network,
>exchange ideas, find out info on underground/independent releases,
etc.
>without wading through the vast sea of sewage that surrounds
>rec.music.hip-hop. I don't know how to start a newsgroup, but if
anyone
>does we should combine minds and make this shit manifest.
>
>Keep it strong...
>TRUTH ELEMENTAL *ARCHITECTS OF INTELLECT*BRICK RECORDS*REBEL
ALLIANCE*ICU*

sounds good

peace,
Martay

Kevin Lee

Mar 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/7/97

In message

> To the heads....
>
> We should make a new newsgroup called rec.music.indie.hip-hop cause I
> don't know about ya'll, but I'm fuckin sick of having to scroll through
> 2,000 messages about LL Cool J, Biggie, & Tre Killa Mac Money Pimp Bitch

> Slappin G, [misc. bs snipped]

Not a bad idea. The newsgroup would be called rec.music.hip-hop.indie
precisely and technically, by the way.

A better idea might be to just create alt.rap.indie, or if you want to
separate it from the alt.rap cesspool, alt.music.hip-hop.indie. alt
groups take far less energy and bureaucracy to create.

peace...
kpl

--
"Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined" - Nas

Flash

Mar 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/7/97

TRUTH ELEMENTAL wrote:

> To the heads....
>
> We should make a new newsgroup called rec.music.indie.hip-hop cause I
> don't know about ya'll, but I'm fuckin sick of having to scroll through
> 2,000 messages about LL Cool J, Biggie, & Tre Killa Mac Money Pimp Bitch
> Slappin G, 300 lists about "My top 10 artists are the Fugees, THe Beastie
> Boys, Snoop, Warren G...", 700 messages debating whether Tupac is dead, 50
> messages about whether Lauryn Hill is pregnant, 900 messages concerning
> East vs. West, and so on.
>
> rec.music.indie.hip-hop could be a group for heads heads to network,
> exchange ideas, find out info on underground/independent releases, etc.
> without wading through the vast sea of sewage that surrounds
> rec.music.hip-hop. I don't know how to start a newsgroup, but if anyone
> does we should combine minds and make this shit manifest.
>
> Keep it strong...
> TRUTH ELEMENTAL *ARCHITECTS OF INTELLECT*BRICK RECORDS*REBEL ALLIANCE*ICU*

I strongly disagree. The charter for this newsgroup was designed
to cover all hip-hop (music), both independent and major label. If you
don't feel like indie hip-hop is being discussed enough, post more
about it instead of letting Lil Kim and Puff Daddy run things.

Peace, Flash

Trey Harris

Mar 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/7/97

"B. David Harrison" <wa...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

>On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, eurok wrote:
>>

>> ok. but it needs to be restricted. like on some password shit.
>

> And who decideds who gets in. Part of this .ng is educating folks. If
>somebody who only listens to MTV's version of hip-hop comes here, learns
>about OK or CoFlow, picks it up and realizes that it's the shit isn't that
>a good thing.

David hit a really good point here. That's one reason why I've eased

Aruspex

Mar 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/7/97

sole wrote:

> YUP
>
> thats the move. i couldn't have said it better myself.
>
> its just a matter of getting people there.

No! We don't want people to come there, or it will turn into a joke
like this .ng did. Whoever belongs there will find it, trust me.

We aren't going to want AOL kids and wack suburbanites accidently
finding the newsgroup under a search. We should make the name of the
.ng really obscure so only wanted people will find it.
Hotep.

Greg Pugliese

Mar 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/7/97

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, sole wrote:

> YUP
>
> thats the move. i couldn't have said it better myself.
>
> its just a matter of getting people there.

Actually, it's just a matter of keeping people OUT.

-GJP

Malik "Mister Kilam Complexxxx" Metaphor

Mar 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/8/97

I love the idea..this NG has really went downhill since last fall, and I
don't have the time I used to to separate the bullshit from the
intelligent posts...I definitely support this idea

Malik

Ethrina Gotico

Mar 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/8/97

I think that something like this would be great. I am getting tired of
having to open up all this mail just to delete a bunch of nonsence posts.
I don't know how you would start a .ng, but one alternative in the
meantimecould be a chat room on IRC (InterRelayChatNetwork). I'm sure most
of you know how those work. This way if BSers start posting bullshit on
Puffy or start to make comments that have nothing to do with the topic at
hand, it can be controlled.

Just a thought.

Peace
Tre'

"He who is afraid to ask is ashamed of learning"
---Danish Proverb

LiVeTheLiFeYouLoVe...SoYouMayLoVeTheLiFeYouLiVe.......word.....................

lok...@aol.com

Mar 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/9/97

In article <01bc2a5e.53dfce80$501029cf@default>, "sole" <so...@ime.net> writes:

>or we could go to alt.farmanimals or some shit, so only the HEADS would
>know about it, that way when new kids came online and did a query of hip
>hop or rap, they wouldn't end up where we are.

That is a great idea right there and something to really think about. It would have to have a strange name pertaining to possibly a made up music group or something so that people actually interested in let's say, farm animals, wouldn't come in and diss us all and flood the group because we're talking about hip hop music. A few of us could get it started and then just spread the title to all our heads via email.

The problem with the ignorant AOL users (hey, I'm an AOL user but those of you who know me know I'm not THAT type of AOL user) is that when you go the music section on the service, it has a nice little icon underground the AOL "Rap/R&B Boards" stating, "rec.music.hip-hop". That's where this flood has been coming from because they just recently added that to the section late last year. So, with a concealed title, I don't think we'd have any trouble.

Just some thoughts...

Peace

Loklass
El Papichulo Cubano

Ryan Hanes - JOUR/F96

Mar 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/9/97

man, i could get down with this. just think of it... no capital letter
posts... no boner-heads... no aol... no fake-mcs who wanna battle... this
could be good.

i second the motion.

fritz da khat

Lauren Nicole Lindsey

Mar 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/9/97

On 9 Mar 1997 lok...@aol.com wrote:

> In article <01bc2a5e.53dfce80$501029cf@default>, "sole" <so...@ime.net> writes:
>
> >or we could go to alt.farmanimals or some shit, so only the HEADS would
> >know about it, that way when new kids came online and did a query of hip
> >hop or rap, they wouldn't end up where we are.
>
> That is a great idea right there and something to really think about. It would
> have to have a strange name pertaining to possibly a made up music group
> or something so that people actually interested in let's say, farm
> animals, wouldn't come in and diss us all and flood the group because we're
> talking about hip hop music. A few of us could get it started and then just
> spread the title to all our heads via email.

I agree with this idea too... because I am sick of coming in this NG and
having to sort through 200 bullshit posts to find ten real ones... I just
hope that I am not too ignorant to be able to find out what the new title
is...

Cheraina Webber

CMC aka Wreckloose

Mar 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/9/97
to dj.f...@pobox.com

Flash wrote:

> I strongly disagree. The charter for this newsgroup was designed
> to cover all hip-hop (music), both independent and major label. If you
> don't feel like indie hip-hop is being discussed enough, post more
> about it instead of letting Lil Kim and Puff Daddy run things.
>
> Peace, Flash

Thank you. I for one is tired of these so-called "true headz" going by
the belief that if you sell at most 500,000 records or more, you're not
real anymore. you're right. If anyone feel that indie shit is not
discussed enough on this NG, then post up! Flood this NG with
intelligent discussions! Oh well. Either way, I'll still see Wu-Riding
messages on this NG and the other one proposed.

Kevin Lee

Mar 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/10/97

In message <332093...@bigfoot.com>,
Aruspex <aru...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> No! We don't want people to come there, or it will turn into a joke
> like this .ng did. Whoever belongs there will find it, trust me.
>
> We aren't going to want AOL kids and wack suburbanites accidently
> finding the newsgroup under a search. We should make the name of the
> .ng really obscure so only wanted people will find it.

AOL kids don't purposely go out to thrash groups. IF they see a group
with names like Ghetto Children, Meen Green, Mystik Journeymen, Beat
Junkies, Ghetto Concept (whatever happened to them, anyway), etc. in
it, they'll go away.

Sure there's the occasional fool who thinks they could talk about
underground artists like Tupac ("he's alive! He's just living
underground! He's underground, so why can't we talk about him?") but
it'll most likely not be as bad as what rmhh has become the last few
months.

Suave

Mar 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/10/97

Alright, about the new newsgroup idea:

people are worried about wackness intruding but also worry about not being
able to educate the ignorant. So what to do?

How about people post everything to the two seperate ng's so the real
heads can sift through more easily and the blind can also be shown the
light? No, too much work to send to seperate ng's and if both ng's are
listed, the fakes will start to realize what's going on.

How about having a questionair posted in rmhh every now and then such as
asking interest in underground, independent, and unsigned artists, reply
via e-mail and get the real address? No, too much work for some poor soul
having to decide whether someone is genuine or not.

I don't know. I would be in favor of a new group but only because I would
already be a part of it. If I came to rec-music hiphop and found it
without Malik, Marbles, Kari, Ollie, Loklass, B. David, Andrew Ryall,
Iceman, Burke, Flight, Alan, etc., I would probably not be checking for
hip hop on line and I would think I knew more about the music than anyone
because everything being talked about would revolve around the
mainstream. I wouldn't know who Co Flow was (even though I had some of
their material before someone told me who it was), what Fat Beats was
(even though I had heard of it several times while in the City), or what
Independents are about. I have learned a lot about the music since
entering this ng this winter and I got to give props to all the heads who
showed me the light. I knew a lot before I came but now I know even
more. What about heads like me who wouldn't think to check for rec music
indie hip hop?

--
Niko Suavé
"Life is likeŠHell On Earth"

Trey Harris

Mar 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/10/97

TRUTH ELEMENTAL <jj...@dana.ucc.nau.edu> wrote:

>To the heads....
>
>We should make a new newsgroup called rec.music.indie.hip-hop cause I
>don't know about ya'll, but I'm fuckin sick of having to scroll through
>2,000 messages about LL Cool J, Biggie, & Tre Killa Mac Money Pimp Bitch
>Slappin G, 300 lists about "My top 10 artists are the Fugees, THe Beastie
>Boys, Snoop, Warren G...", 700 messages debating whether Tupac is dead, 50
>messages about whether Lauryn Hill is pregnant, 900 messages concerning
>East vs. West, and so on.

I understand what your feeling. There's a lot of nonsense around these
parts. But it was the same thing on alt.rap not long ago. Then everyone
claimed rec.music.hip-hop to be the newsgroup for "true headz". So everyone
flocked here. Admittedly, I don't even check alt.rap anymore.

If we move again, I figure the same thing will happen. We've just got to
be willing to wade through the junk and keep our shit together. I don't
know about everyone else, but I think that we've made this newsgroup into a
nice little forum.

Peace,

*** MARBLES ***

Tha Prophessor CJ

Mar 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/10/97

Yo, I've always been up to it. I mean, if you do a search on all of the
newsgroups out there, half of them are empty, and are always empty. What
we should do is find one and all the people who love hip-hop, not in it
because its the HOT music now, should start posting in it. Saves time
and trouble. Peace!!!!

On 9 Mar 1997 lok...@aol.com wrote:

> In article <01bc2a5e.53dfce80$501029cf@default>, "sole" <so...@ime.net> writes:
>
> >or we could go to alt.farmanimals or some shit, so only the HEADS would
> >know about it, that way when new kids came online and did a query of hip
> >hop or rap, they wouldn't end up where we are.
>
> That is a great idea right there and something to really think about. It would have to have a strange name pertaining to possibly a made up music group or something so that people actually interested in let's say, farm animals, wouldn't come in and diss us all and flood the group because we're talking about hip hop music. A few of us could get it started and then just spread the title to all our heads via email.

Lauren Nicole Lindsey

Mar 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/10/97

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Suave wrote:

> Alright, about the new newsgroup idea:
>
> people are worried about wackness intruding but also worry about not being
> able to educate the ignorant. So what to do?
>
> How about people post everything to the two seperate ng's so the real
> heads can sift through more easily and the blind can also be shown the
> light? No, too much work to send to seperate ng's and if both ng's are
> listed, the fakes will start to realize what's going on.

I don't agree that the new ng should be hidden from everyone except the
so-called elite (and I don't even mean that it should be hidden from all
AOLers). I mean these people:

1) the AOLer who says that we're wasting their time posting here
2) the ones who write the letters to the celebs who are REALLY going to
write back
3) people who state "ALL F*CKIN N*GGERS SHOULD DIE"
4) ignorant lost souls who say that "2pac/ Biggie deserved to die" along
with "Fuck the east/west side", like they're trying to continue this
imaginary coast war...

I don't care if you listen to 2pac/Biggie/Bone and all of others whose
wackness or lack of is debated. I think that the intelligent ones here
should appreciate everyone's different tastes.

> How about having a questionair posted in rmhh every now and then such as
> asking interest in underground, independent, and unsigned artists, reply
> via e-mail and get the real address? No, too much work for some poor soul
> having to decide whether someone is genuine or not.

I think that really would be cool if someone cared enough to want to do
that. It might not take a lot of work if we had a bunch of people who
cared (like, I don't think it would be grueling for John Book to put out
his newsletter, or is it?). And not to say that we are some secret
society that you have to apply to get into. I'm just saying that (am I
know I'm not just speaking for myself) we're just really sick of this...

> I don't know. I would be in favor of a new group but only because I would
> already be a part of it. If I came to rec-music hiphop and found it
> without Malik, Marbles, Kari, Ollie, Loklass, B. David, Andrew Ryall,
> Iceman, Burke, Flight, Alan, etc., I would probably not be checking for
> hip hop on line and I would think I knew more about the music than anyone
> because everything being talked about would revolve around the
> mainstream. I wouldn't know who Co Flow was (even though I had some of
> their material before someone told me who it was), what Fat Beats was
> (even though I had heard of it several times while in the City), or what
> Independents are about. I have learned a lot about the music since
> entering this ng this winter and I got to give props to all the heads who
> showed me the light. I knew a lot before I came but now I know even
> more. What about heads like me who wouldn't think to check for rec music
> indie hip hop?

P.S. We should have left it up to AOL to sort through the ignorance that
seeps in here... I mean, is there any kind of disclaimer or something
explaining the purpose of this ng (and that your fave celebs are not going
to write you here)?

Malik "Mister Kilam Complexxxx" Metaphor

Mar 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/11/97

I ended up in alt.tv.xuxa last week...(PLEASE don't ask..laughs) and it
was completely empty, we could use that, who the hell is gonna look for
hip-hop in there?..just a thought

I love the idea, I'm completely sick of wasting time in here sifting
through 200 posts to find 10 worth reading

Malik

Aruspex

Mar 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/11/97

Malik "Mister Kilam Complexxxx" Metaphor wrote:

> I ended up in alt.tv.xuxa last week...(PLEASE don't ask..laughs) and it
> was completely empty, we could use that, who the hell is gonna look for
> hip-hop in there?..just a thought

Too late now!! You've just told everyone.

Rex Andrew Winterbottom

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97

I propose a better name-

rec.music.hip-hop.country-club

-Rex

I take a phrase that's rarely heard, | Rex Winterbottom
flip it, now it's a daily word (Rakim) | raw...@uclink.berkeley.edu

Malik "Mister Kilam Complexxxx" Metaphor

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97

chill...I have tons of suggestions...I'm trying to throw them off, and
the people that I'm trying to throw off will read this message and not
think anything of it anywa

Malik

Malik "Mister Kilam Complexxxx" Metaphor

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97

think anything of it anyway

Malik

Jason

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97

Alright. I got it............(wink, wink)

-Hotep-

Aruspex

Ryan Hanes - JOUR/F96

Mar 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/14/97

i got an idea, why don't we all go back to alt.rap?

(we just won't tell the aolers)

peace

fritz

TRUTH ELEMENTAL

Mar 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/17/97
to Trey Harris

> I understand what your feeling. There's a lot of nonsense around these
> parts. But it was the same thing on alt.rap not long ago. Then everyone
> claimed rec.music.hip-hop to be the newsgroup for "true headz". So everyone
> flocked here. Admittedly, I don't even check alt.rap anymore.
>
> If we move again, I figure the same thing will happen. We've just got to
> be willing to wade through the junk and keep our shit together. I don't
> know about everyone else, but I think that we've made this newsgroup into a
> nice little forum.
>
> Peace,
>
> *** MARBLES ***

Marbles.....

I understand what you are saying, too. But what I'm saying is that I
really do not care about Biggie, NAS, Tupac, etc. I respect others tastes
and opinions and think that they should be able to post about all them if
they want. I'm just saying we should make a newsgroup soley for indie
hip-hop. I don't care who comes in and reads and posts on the newsgroup.
I'm not into restricting heads and passwords and shit. I just want a
forum to discuss underground independent hip-hop soley. THe major labels
have enough money and promotions already. The internet could be a major
resource for underground labels and acts. I know a lotta heads who don't
even bother to read RMHH anymore cause they don't want to weed through 500
messages every couple days.

Keep it strong...

TRUTH ELEMENTAL ETERNAL *AOI*BRICK*REBEL ALLIANCE*ICU*

Eric Jaffe

Mar 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/18/97

> I understand what you are saying, too. But what I'm saying is that I
> really do not care about Biggie, NAS, Tupac, etc. I respect others tastes
> and opinions and think that they should be able to post about all them if
> they want. I'm just saying we should make a newsgroup soley for indie
> hip-hop. I don't care who comes in and reads and posts on the newsgroup.
> I'm not into restricting heads and passwords and shit. I just want a
> forum to discuss underground independent hip-hop soley. THe major labels
> have enough money and promotions already. The internet could be a major
> resource for underground labels and acts. I know a lotta heads who don't
> even bother to read RMHH anymore cause they don't want to weed through
500
> messages every couple days.

This proposed newsgroup would just end up becoming RMHH part two. Maybe for
the first few days only indie shit would be discussed, but eventually
people would start talking about hip-hop in general anyway. Unless you want
to break RMHH up into two groups because it is too large to handle, I think
this indie newsgroup is a pointless idea.
--
eric jaffe
http://www.intac.com/~hooch

POWER2RIDE

Mar 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/24/97

First of all, you need to have a clear idea and understanding of the art
form, to be able to inform, inspire, educate and respect this popular form
of richly textured music!!!!!!!!!.
Then give ME A CALL. POWER2RIDE @.AOL.com