Slanguage in your area...

Josh Scott

Jan 22, 2001, 6:23:36 PM1/22/01
What's up...

I'm just wondering what the slanguage is in your region...me being from the
Yay, there's never a shortage of slang, usually new terms every month or
so...but like for little slang, too, what do yall say?

Slang most people use over here...

-tight...you know, as in cool..."that's a tight song"...
-shady...EVERYBODY says this now, but most of my friends say it funny, high
pitched...
-oh boy...everyone says this in the bay, just whenever...
-cuz...like friend, homie, or even enemy, just to call someone that..derived
from crips...
-blood...same as cuz, but the blood way of sayin it...
-supacuz...just to joke with someone if they're wearin all blue...
-flamed up...same as supacuz, but in red...
-c-walk or b-walk...ya know...
(btw nobody really bangs anymore, it's more friendly, or jokin around or
somethin)
-amigo...just what most mexicans are called...
-fayako...police or security or something...it's polynesian...
-shoot...shoot the dice...
-come up...having more than you started with...especially when shootin
-smacked...lose money shootin
-hard...another way of saying tight or cool...
-bumpin or dumpin...lots of bass...
-dogg...just friend or somethin
-blow...smoke...
-pullin or pullin it...getting with a girl...
-piece...girlfriend or ho or somethin..."that's his piece"
-the G, the Vill, the Garden, etc...areas of EPA (East Palo Alto)...
-the 'Sco...frisco...San Francisco...
-Oaktown, O-Town, Oak, the O....Oakland...
-Sac...sacramento...
-Diego...San Diego..
-Mateo (pronounced Mat-E-O)...San Mateo (the real name is pronounced San
Mah-Tay-O)
-off the backboard...way of saying off the hook, off the hinges, off the
roster, off the meatrack, etc...
-poppin' collars...ya know...E-40 came up with most Bay slang...
-dub...20 or 2 or double...20 or 2 of whatever, 20 dollars, 20 inchers, 2
dollars...
-fumble...droppin somethin
-lace...hook someone up...
-not slang, but whenever someone does something embarrassing, like tripping
or something, you say "don't worry, nobody saw you"...
-put it on something...swear on something...
-izzle, eezy, etc...just say stuff like that...

That's all I can think of right now...I don't know how much of these terms
are used in other places, so I'm just wondering...

Nobody says "ill", "son", "dun" or "dope" over here...

--
+Josh Scott+
"And if I tell you it's the shit,

Dippi

Jan 22, 2001, 7:40:27 PM1/22/01

> Nobody says "ill", "son", "dun" or "dope" over here...

ill and son are used round here...
thanks mostly to me heads are startin to use "word" alot more, I must
have gotten into the habit of sayin it all the time
herb... basically anyone you don't like is a herb nowadays
CrackQueen- what we call one of my girls... basically a cokehead bitch,
but not a crackwhore, someone who you cool with
"Somebody's bout to get taxed" or "somebodys life is about to get
taxed"- basically someone is gonnna get FUCKED UP... fucked up as in
they'd need dental records... you should have seen me runnin round my
school cafeteria today at lunch, talkin on my cellphone with my boy,
knowin this kid that been talkin shit and is about to get seriously
fucked up is there, lookin at the kid while screamin "Somebodys life is
bout to be TAXED!" lol... funny shit, scared the fuck outta him
"hot shit like flamin feces, ill flavor like reeses pieces" don't ask
me why, lol
"re-re" retard, sped, basically whenever someone does somethin
extremely stupid "what are you, a fuckin re-re"
"bom-BAY" what we're calling this strange string of weed my boy sells
now... the supplier got in this wierd shit that almost glows, lol...
it'll fuck you up though
"crazy dope"

--
Dippi

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

quest19...@webtv.net

Jan 22, 2001, 8:19:11 PM1/22/01
Josh Scott asks:<<What's up...
I'm just wondering what the slanguage is in your region...me being from
the Yay, there's never a shortage of slang, usually new terms every
month or so...but like for little slang, too, what do yall say?>>

I'm a transplant here, I'm from Mississippi originally. So most of the
city's slanguage doesn't affect me. In the Illadelph, they use:

"jawn"(sp?), "chumpie": both use to express a thing.

"ea'in", "bi'in": in this case people here don't put the "T" in some
words.

"corny": I imagine this is universal. However, they didn't use that too
much in the early '90s.

"bama": that's starting to pick up steam here. I know the heads in the
D.C. area was using it first. Basically, a country-acting person.
PEACE!

Pizon

Jan 22, 2001, 8:55:01 PM1/22/01
>> Nobody says "ill", "son", "dun" or "dope" over here...
>>

>ill and son are used round here...

Dunn, fam, pa'na also...

Get at me,
Pizon
http://www.lascalaentertainment.com
--

"Very contagious raps should be trapped in cages,
Through stages of wackness Pharoahe's raps are blazin."

aka.FemmeFatale

Jan 22, 2001, 9:14:01 PM1/22/01
<<"bama": that's starting to pick up steam here. I know the heads in the
D.C. area was using it first. Basically, a country-acting person.>>
ARGH! It's "bamma." A bamma is a lame person, a loser, a herb, improper, dumb
as hell, etc.

quest19...@webtv.net

Jan 22, 2001, 9:51:40 PM1/22/01
aka.FemmeFatale wrote:<<ARGH! It's "bamma." A bamma is a lame person, a

loser, a herb, improper, dumb as hell, etc.>>

You write this as if you're frustrated or something. "ARGH!" Thank you
for the correct spelling and meaning....I think? As I said, it's just
beginning to catch on here in the Illadelph. Who knew?

Damien

Jan 22, 2001, 11:10:43 PM1/22/01
Im from North Alabama (black, loud, country, proud)
we like to use shit like "bo" for the word "boy." like "wazzup homebow" or "that's my bo"
and a response to that would be "shit" cuz aint "shit" goin on.

Mochaspresso

Jan 22, 2001, 11:15:36 PM1/22/01
In article <5050-3A6...@storefull-115.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,

Slang that I hate:

- I know that it's supposed to be endearing, but I hate when men call me
"Ma"
- I've heard sex referred to as "diggin' a girl out"
- putting the word "mad" or "crazy" in front of something to signify a
large quantity. Such "crazy loot" or "mad loot"
- I do kind of like it when guys refer to a pretty woman as a
"dimepiece" though.

Btw/ do people still refer to money as "loot" "paper" or "cheddar"?

Mochaspresso

Jan 22, 2001, 11:21:09 PM1/22/01
I like "Wifey" too.

Pizon

Jan 22, 2001, 11:54:00 PM1/22/01
>- I know that it's supposed to be endearing, but I hate when men call me
>"Ma"

Can't say I can relate with you there. I love it when bitches call me pa.
Maybe it's a latino thing..

>- putting the word "mad" or "crazy" in front of something to signify a
>large quantity

How about "dumb" as the corresponding adverb?

>- I do kind of like it when guys refer to a pretty woman as a
>"dimepiece" though.

I don't know where you from, but I smoke dime pieces. A "dime" however is
supposedly any bitch that's hotter than at least 90% of the population ('10' on
a scale of 1-10). Not many...

>Btw/ do people still refer to money as "loot" "paper" or "cheddar"?

also cheese, scrilla, cream, bacon, cash, amongst others..

Josh Scott

Jan 23, 2001, 12:39:36 AM1/23/01
"Damien" <gree...@home.com> wrote:

> Im from North Alabama (black, loud, country, proud)
> we like to use shit like "bo" for the word "boy." like "wazzup homebow" or
"that's my bo"
> and a response to that would be "shit" cuz aint "shit" goin on.

Aint it "beau"?

--
+Josh Scott+
......HeX......

TJ Xenos

Jan 23, 2001, 1:53:40 AM1/23/01
to make it short...

duke, son, dun, kid, bitch, patna, fucker - basic terms of adress for my boys

babe, doll, hun, girl, darlin - basic terms of adress for the ladies

no doubt - general acknowledgement/agreement/punctuation

loot - you need an explanation?

wicked, mad, crazy - very/lots

piece, hotty, dime - hot girl

aight - usually dont mean aight, nice way of saying something sucks ("yo,
whatchu think of my girl?" "shes aight") or acknowledging quality in someone
elses shit without letting htem get gassed by actually upping it.

ill, dope - do i need to explain this one?

the slanguage i picked up from my boy kev from queens..
krux - to break or smash
kruxed - busted
krill - as a noun, a herb, as a verb to beat someone
ruffus - to beat someone
krumb - used to be a herb, but now its more like a homie or a patna..

T.J. Xenos
xen...@student.wit.edu
"I turn pretty boys into Craig Macks"
"You're wack if you dont appreciate knives"
"And if she wanna play, get up in that bitch face,
and tell her Ghost said, 'TAKE YOUR CLOTHES OFF!' "

Pizon

Jan 23, 2001, 2:45:13 AM1/23/01
>krux - to break or smash
>kruxed - busted
>krill - as a noun, a herb, as a verb to beat someone
>ruffus - to beat someone
>krumb - used to be a herb, but now its more like a homie or a patna..

I'm FROM Queens, and I can honestly say I've never heard of any of those
terms...

TJ Xenos

Jan 23, 2001, 2:54:44 AM1/23/01
>>krux - to break or smash
>>kruxed - busted
>>krill - as a noun, a herb, as a verb to beat someone
>>ruffus - to beat someone
>>krumb - used to be a herb, but now its more like a homie or a patna..
>
>I'm FROM Queens, and I can honestly say I've never heard of any of those
>terms...
>
>Get at me,
>Pizon

well, the thing is my boy kev and his crew have their own slang that they use.
They're all crazy like they can talk and you're average cat wont understand a
damn thing they say. The mentioning of him was just to make it clear that i
aint come up with this shit.

Paul Nijmeijer

Jan 23, 2001, 7:30:26 AM1/23/01
"Dippi" <dippi...@my-deja.com> schreef in bericht

> > Nobody says "ill", "son", "dun" or "dope" over here...
> >

> ill and son are used round here...
> thanks mostly to me heads are startin to use "word" alot more, I must
> have gotten into the habit of sayin it all the time
> herb... basically anyone you don't like is a herb nowadays

Of course in Holland we ain't usin much slang that's English/American,
but we use some words, most of them brought overseas by me:

- ill
- son
- herb, I introduced that over here, now a lot of people is using it, lol
- word

That's the four words we use the most.
I could tell y'all 'bout Dutch slang, but you wouldn't understand anyway.

Vadik
--

"Vadik will dispose chess foes, when he flows with fianchetto"
-- Spinsane

"Vadik is to chess, what Manson is to death"
-- Redeem

"I want to see someone call up the Help menu on Voyager's computers and to
see "(c) 2371 Microsoft Corporation" at the bottom of the screen."
-- EvilBill[AGQx]

"I believe this is becaferent styles clause two completely difshed."
-- Ish

Djappa

Jan 23, 2001, 11:27:31 AM1/23/01
"Paul Nijmeijer" <chess...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> Of course in Holland we ain't usin much slang that's English/American,
> but we use some words, most of them brought overseas by me:
>
> - ill
> - son
> - herb, I introduced that over here, now a lot of people is using it, lol
> - word
>
> That's the four words we use the most.
> I could tell y'all 'bout Dutch slang, but you wouldn't understand anyway.
>
> Vadik

Paul, where in holland are you from? just wondering...
I'm from almelo (it's in the east, near enschede)

laters,
jaap

Steve Jackson

Jan 23, 2001, 11:56:07 AM1/23/01
Just to add:

we still say "yahmean" to piss off new yorkers

dawg is still used heavily

our pronounciations are just different also.
--
Steve S. Jackson "Jazz"
(Poet, Philosopher, Instrumentalist, Video Documentarian, Jazzy Smurf)

s...@astro.temple.edu*|*sjac...@nimbus.temple.edu

http://thunder.temple.edu/~ssj

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but
not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not
destroyed."
--II Corinthians 4: 8,9

Andrew Friedman

Jan 23, 2001, 12:30:57 PM1/23/01
probably the strangest shit I say is "lunchbox." to be a lunchbox (or to
"lunch") is to just be lazy about gettin something done. like my one
friend made me this tape and I ran into him a week after he said he was
gonna make it and he was like "yeah, I made the tape, I've just been a
real lunchbox about bringin it in."

we say "salty" when someone's pissed.

"decent" is like good.

"tight"...I don't know about yall but when we say it its usually about a
girl or a song/beat.

everyone I know uses "word" as the one-word response

and a few of us say "off the meat rack."

and I think everything else is pretty normal...you know, 'ill' etc.
.

--

who knew using my brain could be so much fun?
-alias

Andrew Friedman, alfr...@artsci.wustl.edu

aka.FemmeFatale

Jan 23, 2001, 3:36:26 PM1/23/01
<<- I know that it's supposed to be endearing, but I hate when men call me
"Ma"
- I've heard sex referred to as "diggin' a girl out">>
Oh yeah, I hate those too.

Mochaspresso

Jan 23, 2001, 5:46:22 PM1/23/01
In article <20010122235400...@ng-me1.aol.com>,

rocks...@aol.commonsense (Pizon) wrote:
> >- I know that it's supposed to be endearing, but I hate when men call
me
> >"Ma"
>
> Can't say I can relate with you there. I love it when bitches call me
pa.
> Maybe it's a latino thing..

I call my mother ma. It just makes me feel old. You're probably right
about the latino thing though. But w/ them I mainly hear Mami and Papi.
I hear latino parents call their own children that all the time. Mami
doesn't bother me so much. I've noticed that only blacks and whites
shorten it to "Ma".

> >- I do kind of like it when guys refer to a pretty woman as a
> >"dimepiece" though.
>
> I don't know where you from, but I smoke dime pieces. A "dime"
however is
> supposedly any bitch that's hotter than at least 90% of the population
('10' on
> a scale of 1-10). Not many...

LI, NY. Oh, so one says "nickel or dime bags" anymore? It's dimepiece
now? I need to start reading that hip-hop dictionary post that shows up
every once in a while.

SexyMF

Jan 24, 2001, 6:21:31 AM1/24/01
On Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:23:36 GMT, "Josh Scott" <Slapn...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>-the G, the Vill, the Garden, etc...areas of EPA (East Palo Alto)...

i'm not American, but isn't that like, Silicon Valley? they have hip-hop there?

SMF.

--
It IS the end of the world as you know it! You can now
get PAID to listen to CDs and MP3s!!! Click on this link:

www.soundom.com/cgi-bin/affiliate.cgi?id=sexymf

And start feeling fine! :)

Andrew Friedman

Jan 23, 2001, 7:55:37 PM1/23/01
nah, East Palo Alto used to scare the shit out of me when I lived there.

course I was in 5th grade.

Damien

Jan 23, 2001, 8:11:54 PM1/23/01
we also dont pronounce the "str's" either. instead of sayin' street we say "screet.'' We be sayin
shit like "gone" for go on. like "gone nigga."

Josh Scott

Jan 23, 2001, 8:37:24 PM1/23/01
"SexyMF" <sexymfDE...@flashmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:23:36 GMT, "Josh Scott" <Slapn...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> >-the G, the Vill, the Garden, etc...areas of EPA (East Palo Alto)...
>
> i'm not American, but isn't that like, Silicon Valley? they have hip-hop
there?

It's near the Silicon Valley...there are even a few computer companies
picking up cheap land, but yeah it's almost all hip-hop. EPA was one of the
nation's murder capitals a few years ago, hella gangs...but like I said,
it's calmed down...

--
+Josh Scott+
......HeX......

Dead by Dawn

Jan 24, 2001, 1:33:06 AM1/24/01
not really my area, but i use "buttnasty" for something that's wack

Josh Scott <Slapn...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Black_and _jesus

Jan 24, 2001, 12:44:02 AM1/24/01
> quest19...@webtv.net wrote:
> Slang that I hate:

> - I've heard sex referred to as "diggin' a girl out"

That don't beat having a girl you are sleeping with refer to sex as
'stirring up the guts' quite a put-off I assure you

1 Love/ 4 Elements/ Puff Daddy

Aesop the Visual Zodiac

Jan 24, 2001, 2:32:32 AM1/24/01

I'm fricking awesome,
e-Factor

One man's simple is another man's huh

—David Stone, 1979

As a child, I was afraid of the storm, but now I welcome the rain

—Slug of Atmosphere, 1999

Exercise intellect, if you lack it pretend

—Sole, 1999

The only thing constant is change

—(Rakka) Iriscience of Dilated Peoples, 2000

Aesop the Visual Zodiac

Jan 24, 2001, 2:41:46 AM1/24/01

Paul Nijmeijer

Jan 24, 2001, 4:30:07 AM1/24/01

"Djappa" <jap...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

Yo Jaap,

I'm from Arnhem.
yeaaaaaaah baby, down south, where the funk is (not really)

Djappa

Jan 24, 2001, 7:53:44 AM1/24/01

> > Paul, where in holland are you from? just wondering...
> > I'm from almelo (it's in the east, near enschede)
> >

> Yo Jaap,
>
> I'm from Arnhem.
> yeaaaaaaah baby, down south, where the funk is (not really)
>
> Vadik

ahh... i don't know much about Arnhem, except that Vitesse plays there.. lol

jaap

GoldenChild

Jan 25, 2001, 8:09:20 AM1/25/01
On the reals, no offense, but I hate West Coast slang. I just hate the
way ya'll niggas talk. "Let's go to the storrrrre homey", "No doubt dog,
den we gon' go overrrr to South Central and dump on those foo's that
tried to flex". Ya'll niggas are worse than them Southern cats. Ya'll
mufukkas can't give that hard shit a rest either. Always ice grillin',
always walkin' hard and shit, ya'll niggas need to cool the fuck out.
And how you gon' try to act rough when you got a fuckin' perm? Sorry...I
don't buy that shit. I know it's real niggas everywhere, and frontin'
ass niggas everywhere too, but I don't know...I feel like there's too
many fraudulent niggas on that side tryin' to play the role.

"Now, Kiss never been the Brother to front/ I be out in Cali wearin' any
colors I want"

dula

Jan 25, 2001, 12:50:25 PM1/25/01

we say cap (for capital), dough, ones, funds. i hate that 'fetti'
shit. and 'scrilla' too.

--
sig under construction

Josh Scott

Jan 25, 2001, 4:16:51 PM1/25/01
"GoldenChild" <Legonda...@webtv.net> wrote:

It's alright, we're pretty opposite...I think "son" sounds stupid as fuck,
same with "on the reals"...

I've noticed your extreme dislike for the Left Coast, but it's all gravy
train..

--
+Josh Scott+
......HeX......

Rikki O

Jan 25, 2001, 7:20:54 PM1/25/01

GoldenChild <Legonda...@webtv.net> wrote in message

i'll agree with you in that any kind of slange in excess sounds corny. i was
talking to this girl from ny a couple years ago and she'd end every sentence
with "...like ya know what i'm sayin?"

DJLilE

Jan 25, 2001, 8:08:45 PM1/25/01
haha.. some of this stuff if funny as hell hearing other slangs.

But what I still can't get and understand is the term "Dun" or "Dunny". man
I'm from the east coast and that word bugs the shit out of me. Can't stand
that shit.

And what the hell is Crunk? Someone that really knows what the hell that is
explain it to me.

Anybody heard this one. When I was younger we would say "jank".. like, "let me
get that jank". in other words, "let me get that thing". and it could refer
to pretty much anything.

I haven't heard this used in a long time but we also use to say this one,
"trim". meaning "pussy", sorry to any females out there reading this. I did
hear the Mountain Brothers use it in one of their recent songs though.

OT

Jan 25, 2001, 9:56:00 PM1/25/01
In article <21526-3A...@storefull-217.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
Legonda...@webtv.net (GoldenChild) wrote:

> On the reals, no offense, but I hate West Coast slang. I just hate the
> way ya'll niggas talk. "Let's go to the storrrrre homey", "No doubt dog,
> den we gon' go overrrr to South Central and dump on those foo's that
> tried to flex". Ya'll niggas are worse than them Southern cats. Ya'll
> mufukkas can't give that hard shit a rest either. Always ice grillin',
> always walkin' hard and shit, ya'll niggas need to cool the fuck out.

But 'no doubt' is a eastcoast saying.

Sorry playa...that's just the way folks are down here.
But I feel the same way about eastcoast n!@@az.

All that 'dun' and 'ill' and 'mad' and fake 5% rhetoric, and the way yall
put 'ie' on the end of erethang. (Hoodie, wifie, shottie)

Eastcoast n!@@az also have a +supa+ corny sense of humor.
Their jokes are looong. Erebody up there has a personality like a Spike
Lee screenplay.

> And how you gon' try to act rough when you got a fuckin' perm? Sorry...I
> don't buy that shit. I know it's real niggas everywhere, and frontin'
> ass niggas everywhere too, but I don't know...I feel like there's too
> many fraudulent niggas on that side tryin' to play the role.

How would you know unless you were there? That's the same thang the Wu
thought when they got mopped on the Northside back in the day And the perm
thang goes way back to the 60's & 70's. Eastcoast folks dont like to
believe it but there are still real pimps in Cali and down south. In the
playa/pimp game, a dude with long hair that is well-groomed gets
respected.I've seen plenty of gals sweat dudes with long perms. (like
Snoop Dogg or DJ Quik) Growing long hair is a sign of discipline...its the
same as all the fake rastas on the eastcoast. Tell me dude from 106th and
Park doesnt look a punk?

OT

Jan 25, 2001, 10:10:02 PM1/25/01
In article <Yh3b6.10274$1%2.45...@sjc-read.news.verio.net>, "Josh Scott"
<Slapn...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> What's up...

What's the deal?

> I'm just wondering what the slanguage is in your region...me being from the
> Yay, there's never a shortage of slang, usually new terms every month or
> so...but like for little slang, too, what do yall say?

Austin, Texas...aka ATX the capitol of Texas...the hill country and 'lil austin'

> Slang most people use over here...
>
> -tight...you know, as in cool..."that's a tight song"...

We say this too....

we also say 'throwed' and 'krunk' (an original Texas word)

> -shady...EVERYBODY says this now, but most of my friends say it funny, high
> pitched...

we call folks shiest or bogus

> -oh boy...everyone says this in the bay, just whenever...

erebody here says, 'MAAAAAN!!! HOLLUP' (pronounced MAIN)

> -cuz...like friend, homie, or even enemy, just to call someone that..derived
> from crips...
> -blood...same as cuz, but the blood way of sayin it...
> -supacuz...just to joke with someone if they're wearin all blue...
> -flamed up...same as supacuz, but in red...
> -c-walk or b-walk...ya know...
> (btw nobody really bangs anymore, it's more friendly, or jokin around or
> somethin)

Have all this stuff but not everywhere. Dallas/Funkytown (Fort Worth) has
a lot of gangs. The further north you get towards, oklahoma, arkansas,
more gangs get into the picutre.

Most folks say 'playa' or 'bruh'

> -amigo...just what most mexicans are called...

We say ese or vato.

> -fayako...police or security or something...it's polynesian...

them lawz.

> -shoot...shoot the dice...

what they hittin fo?

> -come up...having more than you started with...especially when shootin

Hit a liq

> -smacked...lose money shootin

get stang. as in, "I stang yo azz fo $500"

> -hard...another way of saying tight or cool...

Clean. Fly. Tyte. Krunk. Throwed.

> -bumpin or dumpin...lots of bass...

we say bumpin' or hummin'

> -dogg...just friend or somethin

dawg, potna

> -blow...smoke...

chief

> -pullin or pullin it...getting with a girl...

hittin'

> -piece...girlfriend or ho or somethin..."that's his piece"

gal...freak...whateva. "Is that yo b!tch?" (Dont hate me hate Missy Elliot!)

> -the G, the Vill, the Garden, etc...areas of EPA (East Palo Alto)...

IN Houston: Acres Shakers (Acres Homes), the Trey (3rd Ward), The Nickel
(5th Ward)

Austin doesnt have alot of old neighborhoods, people just call it the
Ghetto (barrio) or not the ghetto. Just have sides of town North, South,
east, west

> -the 'Sco...frisco...San Francisco...

SaintTown (San Antonio) Dino (Dallas), FunkyTown (Fort Worth), H-Town
(Houston), N-O (New Orleans)

> -off the backboard...way of saying off the hook, off the hinges, off the
> roster, off the meatrack, etc...

throwed in the game, so throwed, krunk

> -poppin' collars...ya know...E-40 came up with most Bay slang...

Get starchy or creased down

> -dub...20 or 2 or double...20 or 2 of whatever, 20 dollars, 20 inchers, 2
> dollars...

We say this too

> That's all I can think of right now...I don't know how much of these terms
> are used in other places, so I'm just wondering...
>
> Nobody says "ill", "son", "dun" or "dope" over here...

Here either except folks who are from the eastcoast.
People do say 'dope' and 'wack' though.

Others are 'trippin' and 'Come Down' 'Slab or Load' (for your ride) '
and 'hulled out' (i.e. wrecked "after the accident your load was hulled
out"), ruined, or have a hangover/being sick

Also we say, 'get bent' for gettin drunk.

> --
> +Josh Scott+
> "And if I tell you it's the shit,
> then BITCH THAT'S WHAT IT IS!"
> -Mystikal

peace

OT

DJLilE

Jan 25, 2001, 11:18:59 PM1/25/01
haha.. like the one about the dude from 106th and park..

Kayal

Jan 26, 2001, 1:49:59 AM1/26/01
In article <overtime-250...@cs2736-59.austin.rr.com>,
over...@mail.utexas.edu (OT) wrote:

> But 'no doubt' is a eastcoast saying.

Totally overused and annoying.

> Eastcoast n!@@az also have a +supa+ corny sense of humor.

Uhmmm. Would finding "Deck the halls with bows of indo" unbelievably
hilarious even the 58321th time count as supa corny.....?

> Their jokes are looong. Erebody up there has a personality like a
Spike
> Lee screenplay.

I have to give you this part.

> I've seen plenty of gals sweat dudes with long perms. (like
> Snoop Dogg or DJ Quik)

Repeat: there is nothing so icky that someone somewhere doesn't find
it icky. Eeeeeeeeeeeeew. Why don't they just get a poodle and get it
over with?

> Growing long hair is a sign of discipline...

Eh, it's laziness for me. : )

TJ Xenos

Jan 26, 2001, 2:10:50 AM1/26/01

>> Growing long hair is a sign of discipline...
>

>Eh, it's laziness for me. : )

i feel that one.
T.J. Xenos
xen...@student.wit.edu
"I turn pretty boys into Craig Macks"
"You're wack if you dont appreciate knives"
"And if she wanna play, get up in that bitch face,
and tell her Ghost said, 'TAKE YOUR CLOTHES OFF!' "

Josh Scott

Jan 26, 2001, 3:25:12 AM1/26/01
"OT" <over...@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:

> In article <21526-3A...@storefull-217.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
> Legonda...@webtv.net (GoldenChild) wrote:
>
> > On the reals, no offense, but I hate West Coast slang. I just hate the
> > way ya'll niggas talk. "Let's go to the storrrrre homey", "No doubt dog,
> > den we gon' go overrrr to South Central and dump on those foo's that
> > tried to flex". Ya'll niggas are worse than them Southern cats. Ya'll
> > mufukkas can't give that hard shit a rest either. Always ice grillin',
> > always walkin' hard and shit, ya'll niggas need to cool the fuck out.
>
> But 'no doubt' is a eastcoast saying.
>
> Sorry playa...that's just the way folks are down here.
> But I feel the same way about eastcoast n!@@az.
>
> All that 'dun' and 'ill' and 'mad' and fake 5% rhetoric, and the way yall
> put 'ie' on the end of erethang. (Hoodie, wifie, shottie)
>
> Eastcoast n!@@az also have a +supa+ corny sense of humor.
> Their jokes are looong. Erebody up there has a personality like a Spike
> Lee screenplay.

Fer shizzle...I was gonna re-reply, but you already handled it. And BTW, I
don't know one person that talks like GC said, 'cept maybe MC Eiht in the
movies he's been in...

> > And how you gon' try to act rough when you got a fuckin' perm? Sorry...I
> > don't buy that shit. I know it's real niggas everywhere, and frontin'
> > ass niggas everywhere too, but I don't know...I feel like there's too
> > many fraudulent niggas on that side tryin' to play the role.
>

> How would you know unless you were there? That's the same thang the Wu
> thought when they got mopped on the Northside back in the day And the perm
> thang goes way back to the 60's & 70's. Eastcoast folks dont like to
> believe it but there are still real pimps in Cali and down south. In the
> playa/pimp game, a dude with long hair that is well-groomed gets
> respected.I've seen plenty of gals sweat dudes with long perms. (like
> Snoop Dogg or DJ Quik) Growing long hair is a sign of discipline...its the
> same as all the fake rastas on the eastcoast. Tell me dude from 106th and
> Park doesnt look a punk?

True, I've always thought Snoop and Quik's hair was tight...oh, and how
could you forget Dru Down?!

--
+Josh Scott+
......HeX......

Mochaspresso

Jan 26, 2001, 3:16:54 AM1/26/01
In article <7J0c6.11002$1%2.48...@sjc-read.news.verio.net>,
"Josh Scott" <Slapn...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> It's alright, we're pretty opposite...I think "son" sounds stupid as
fuck,
> same with "on the reals"...

I hate "on the reals" too.

Does anyone outside of NY say "no doubt..." or "no question..."?

Mochaspresso

Jan 26, 2001, 3:29:47 AM1/26/01
> In the
> playa/pimp game, a dude with long hair that is well-groomed gets
> respected.I've seen plenty of gals sweat dudes with long perms. (like
> Snoop Dogg or DJ Quik) Growing long hair is a sign of discipline...its
the
> same as all the fake rastas on the eastcoast.

Snoop, Quick and Ice T are one of the few men on the planet who can wear
that and still look like men. But when I went to Detroit, dudes had the
most sissyfied hairstyles on the planet. I saw 1950's style conks,
chinese ponytails, shirley temples, scrunch curls and even flips (a la
Tyrin Turner in Belly). That's taking it to way to far. It's just not
manly.

Steve Jackson

Jan 26, 2001, 10:39:33 AM1/26/01
Mochaspresso <mochas...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> In article <7J0c6.11002$1%2.48...@sjc-read.news.verio.net>,
> "Josh Scott" <Slapn...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> It's alright, we're pretty opposite...I think "son" sounds stupid as
> fuck,
>> same with "on the reals"...

> I hate "on the reals" too.

> Does anyone outside of NY say "no doubt..." or "no question..."?

I doubt and cats here say it, just not as much as NYers.

--
Steve S. Jackson "Jazz"
(Poet, Philosopher, Instrumentalist, Video Documentarian, Jazzy Smurf)

s...@astro.temple.edu*|*sjac...@nimbus.temple.edu

http://thunder.temple.edu/~ssj

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but
not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not
destroyed."
--II Corinthians 4: 8,9

Steve 'Flash' Juon

Jan 26, 2001, 11:20:29 AM1/26/01
In article <Ivac6.11082$1%2.49...@sjc-read.news.verio.net>,
Slapn...@hotmail.com says...

> True, I've always thought Snoop and Quik's hair was tight...oh, and how
> could you forget Dru Down?!

Of course. "Pimp of the Year" no question. My girl Laura Boyce sent
me this hella local Oakland video show where they went to interview
Dru Down and the entire episode was filmed AT the hair shop. PIMPISH.

Peace, Flash

--
"What's the difference between a genius and a madman?"
-> Grimm ("Will Catholics, ever, have a black pope?")

Steve 'Flash' Juon

Jan 26, 2001, 11:36:40 AM1/26/01
In article <overtime-250...@cs2736-59.austin.rr.com>,
over...@mail.utexas.edu says...

> Tell me dude from 106th and Park doesnt look a punk?

He looks like a gopher actually, but at least he's not as bad as Tigger.

dula

Jan 26, 2001, 1:05:50 PM1/26/01

one of my niggas from atl told me it's the past participle (??? i
think) of crank, it's like when you crank the party up, you get it
crunk.

--
sig under construction

dula

Jan 26, 2001, 1:23:25 PM1/26/01

you know what, though? jigga is my nigga, but most of the thug niggas
i know feel the same way about him. most of these cats are pac heads,
and they still remember back when pac was still around, when niggas
used to call him gay-z, and it wasn't no thugs feelin his shit, just
the broads. like, now you rockin bandannas out the blue, but how you
gon' be a thug, drinkin champagne and rockin fuckin chloe glasses?
type of shit is that? it's prolly the same out west. i mean, it's
niggas with shirley temples that's stone killers, don't sleep.

anwar

Jan 26, 2001, 1:26:23 PM1/26/01
In article <20010126021050...@ng-cg1.aol.com>,

talv...@aol.comoestas (TJ Xenos) wrote:

> >> Growing long hair is a sign of discipline...
> >

> >Eh, it's laziness for me. : )
> >

> i feel that one.

i disagree wholeheartedly. and soreheadedly. and burntneckedly.

and its too bad i dont take pictures, but trust me, i was pimptastic.

> T.J. Xenos
> xen...@student.wit.edu
> "I turn pretty boys into Craig Macks"
> "You're wack if you dont appreciate knives"
> "And if she wanna play, get up in that bitch face,
> and tell her Ghost said, 'TAKE YOUR CLOTHES OFF!' "

OT

Jan 26, 2001, 2:25:47 PM1/26/01
In article <Ivac6.11082$1%2.49...@sjc-read.news.verio.net>,
"Josh Scott" <Slapn...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> True, I've always thought Snoop and Quik's hair was tight...oh, and how
> could you forget Dru Down?!
>
> --
> +Josh Scott+
> ......HeX......

Yuh...or Andre 3000 or Big Boi or Big Gipp. Or Xzibit.
Ice T, Born2wice, Rappin 4Tay. Or them Bone Boyz.

To really get the +tyte+ braids you gotta have a perm.
Braided by day....pimp by night.

Is a perm any worse than a high-top with frosting

?

OT

Damien

Jan 26, 2001, 4:55:29 PM1/26/01
Crunk isnt a word, its an expression. its the same thing (kinda) as gettin "hype." when your song
comes on the radio on the way from work on friday evening, you tend to get crunk.

GoldenChild

Jan 26, 2001, 7:30:40 PM1/26/01
Dula, you usually on point but you slipped up on that last post with
that "How he gonna be a thug and he drinkin' champaigne?". Whats that
gotta do with how thugged out you are? Why do niggas think a thug gotta
be a broke dirty nigga? Al Capone sipped champ', and thats one of the
thuggest cats ever. Look...Hova's thing was never bein' a thug, it was
bein' a hustler, and he always reminds ya'll, yet you forget, if he's
usin' a different image then it's part of his hustle, and it's workin'.
I know ya'll West Coast cats are on that perm shit, and that don't
necessarily make a nigga a bitch, it just makes you look like a bitch. I
wouldn't even snuff out a nigga with a perm if he deserved it, I'd slap
him like a bitch if he deserved it. We ain't on that pimp shit on the
East Coast...thats yall shit, you can have that...The East Coast is more
organized crime and hustlin'. Ya'll niggas over there kill each other
over silly shit...Ya'll niggas just be bored and shit, and need
somethin' to do so ya'll kill each other. Niggas get hit over here, but
when someone gets killed it's usually over a spot or a vendetta, not no
bullshit colors or any of that shit. I'm on some Kiss shit though, I
don't care if I'm dead up in the heart of the ghetto in Cali, I ain't
changin' my fuckin' Dress code for nobody man...thats some herb shit. I
don't cater to other Cities rules...I'm not gonna go down to Miami and
start rockin' a Heat hat, when I was down in Miami last year I had the
NY hat everyday, I didn't change the way I talked, and I proudly bumped
"Live From NY" by Raekwon on the reg. and still snuck the bottle of
Henny in those bougie ass clubs, still asked for a bald fade at the
barbershop, and still wanted a Cancer part in the front. He was like
"What? we don't know how to do that here..." Nigga gave me a terrible
fade, no part, and a fucked up edge up. I show love everywhere but I'm
NY to the heart.

"I'm from Jamaica Queens/ where niggas beat you up and take ya jeans/
most of these kids will put the toast to your ribs if you make a scene."
- Ali Vegas -

tim schnetgoeke

Jan 26, 2001, 8:38:32 PM1/26/01
on Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:27:31 GMT, "Djappa" <jap...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Paul, where in holland are you from? just wondering...
>I'm from almelo (it's in the east, near enschede)

what's up with the hip hop seen over there? it's been ages since i've
last been in enschede, but i remember seeing gunshot in hengelo way
back when mind of a razor had just dropped.

peace,
tim

Fatboy Roberts

Jan 26, 2001, 10:29:48 PM1/26/01
On Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:30:40 -0500 (EST), Legonda...@webtv.net
(GoldenChild) wrote:

>Dula, you usually on point but you slipped up on that last post with
>that "How he gonna be a thug and he drinkin' champaigne?". Whats that
>gotta do with how thugged out you are? Why do niggas think a thug gotta
>be a broke dirty nigga? Al Capone sipped champ', and thats one of the
>thuggest cats ever.

No, Capone was a boss. Thugs are the motherfuckers who just do the
dirty low work that the bosses either hand to them or they scrabble up
themselves. You may come up as a boss and had spent time as your
garden variety thug..but a lotta thugs remain low man on totem pole. I
don't care what the definition is now, (I think Tupac changed it) but
a thug is the pawn, the private, the school janitor and the big guy's
the principal. The thug is the replaceable, the expendable. Not much
glory or honor in bein a thug, that's real. It's what you do on your
way up for quick min, or it's what you get stuck doin until some
other thug waxes your ass and they forget about BOTH of you in a week.

and that's why thugs who are proud of their thughood make me laugh
Fatboy

Josh Scott

Jan 26, 2001, 11:29:15 PM1/26/01
"GoldenChild" <Legonda...@webtv.net> wrote:

> Dula, you usually on point but you slipped up on that last post with
> that "How he gonna be a thug and he drinkin' champaigne?". Whats that
> gotta do with how thugged out you are? Why do niggas think a thug gotta
> be a broke dirty nigga? Al Capone sipped champ', and thats one of the
> thuggest cats ever. Look...Hova's thing was never bein' a thug, it was
> bein' a hustler, and he always reminds ya'll, yet you forget, if he's
> usin' a different image then it's part of his hustle, and it's workin'.

I agree with this somewhat, but I don't buy into his hustle...

> I know ya'll West Coast cats are on that perm shit, and that don't
> necessarily make a nigga a bitch, it just makes you look like a bitch. I
> wouldn't even snuff out a nigga with a perm if he deserved it, I'd slap
> him like a bitch if he deserved it. We ain't on that pimp shit on the

Man, you're actin like every head on the West Coast is sportin a perm...

> East Coast...thats yall shit, you can have that...The East Coast is more
> organized crime and hustlin'. Ya'll niggas over there kill each other
> over silly shit...Ya'll niggas just be bored and shit, and need
> somethin' to do so ya'll kill each other. Niggas get hit over here, but
> when someone gets killed it's usually over a spot or a vendetta, not no
> bullshit colors or any of that shit. I'm on some Kiss shit though, I
> don't care if I'm dead up in the heart of the ghetto in Cali, I ain't
> changin' my fuckin' Dress code for nobody man...thats some herb shit. I

Dogg, you got it all wrong. Nobody kills over colors, they kill over gangs
and family though. But if someone sees a different color, they take it as a
threat to their family. They won't just go off and shoot dudes just cuz a
color. Unless they're some stupid bitches. I mean I walk by a group of
mexicans wearing all red wearing my blue Stars, blue hat, blue shirt and
khakis, nobody says a thing.

But for real, gangs aint really violent no more. It's all love with gangs
(not all cases, of course). It's more crews, friends now. A group of
friends or family, not a group of colors. Same organized crime shit is
going on over here, too. They hustle over here just like they do in NY.

> don't cater to other Cities rules...I'm not gonna go down to Miami and
> start rockin' a Heat hat, when I was down in Miami last year I had the
> NY hat everyday, I didn't change the way I talked, and I proudly bumped
> "Live From NY" by Raekwon on the reg. and still snuck the bottle of
> Henny in those bougie ass clubs, still asked for a bald fade at the
> barbershop, and still wanted a Cancer part in the front. He was like
> "What? we don't know how to do that here..." Nigga gave me a terrible
> fade, no part, and a fucked up edge up. I show love everywhere but I'm
> NY to the heart.

Man that aint nothin to brag about...I sport a SF hat everywhere I go, it's
no big deal. I don't like how hella people sport NY hats...I mean it's cool
if you're from there, but if you aint even been there and you wearing a NY
hat, you're a fake ass bitch trying to rep. Not in all cases, but a lot I
see.

California and New York aint even that different...Cali is just more spread
out, 'cept in some city areas (but it's still not as big as NY), there's a
different dress code, different slanguage. In NY it's usually Timbs, NY
hats, big jackets, etc...in Cali it's more casual. Sport some khakis,
Chucks, and a sweatshirt. If it's name brands, it's more of the West Coast
style clothes that are bought.

--
+Josh Scott+
......HeX......

"Now if it wasn't for the West, these rap niggas wouldn't need a vest around
they chest" -Xzibit
"Welcome to California, where the gangs stay, Long Beach, Compton, and Watts
hard ridin in LA" -Daz

Jan 27, 2001, 12:28:49 AM1/27/01
In article <3a6e2c51.44483293@news>, gree...@home.2g1 wrote:

> we also dont pronounce the "str's" either. instead of sayin' street we
say "screet.'' We be sayin
> shit like "gone" for go on. like "gone nigga."

Yuh...we say 'gone' in Texas too. (But we say 'str's though)
'Ya betta get some gone!'
--Big Mello

or, 'It's late, I'm gone to the house.'
Over here most folks also pronounce o's and i's in long pronounciation
only, so the 'go on' becomes 'gone'. (here pronounced like 'cone')

People say fixin'/fittin'/finsta for 'about to'

Boppaz- Young wild gals who goto clubs and kick it with thugs in the
parking lot pimp game.

Zulu/Headheadhunter- A gal known for suckin d!ck.

Flip- Leave. I also say, 'Bail'. I'm bout to bail.
'I'm bout to flip/make it/bail or
I'll catch you on the flipside.'

> On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 04:10:43 GMT, gree...@home.com (Damien) wrote:
>
> >Im from North Alabama (black, loud, country, proud)

They don't feel you dawg...

> >we like to use shit like "bo" for the word "boy." like "wazzup homebow"
or "that's my bo"
> >and a response to that would be "shit" cuz aint "shit" goin on.

What's the best hip-hop out in Alabama now?

Peace,

OT

Aesop the Visual Zodiac

Djappa

Jan 27, 2001, 7:05:51 AM1/27/01
"tim schnetgoeke" <tim...@damh.de> schreef in bericht

i dont know much about the scene in enschede, to be honest.
but in general, hiphop in this part of the country isn't that big. it's
getting
bigger though, with the cities becoming more multi cultural and all that..

and now, i'm off to enschede myself..

Mochaspresso

Jan 27, 2001, 2:19:24 PM1/27/01
In article <28394-3A...@storefull-216.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,

> alright, two questions: (1) what side of the "d" were you stationed at
> to see these niggas, and; (2) when did you come up here? 'cause I
think
> you brung that big ass lie to keep the fire going with you.

What fire? Didn't know I had any. But anyway, a good friend of mine
used to be a hairdresser and owned a salon here in NY. Around 1988 -
1993, she would go to hair shows, expos and competitions all across the
county. I modelled for her in a couple of these. I've been to shows in
Philly, Atl, Houston and two in the Detroit area. One was held at a
hotel & convention center in Southfield, MI and the other was at hotel
in Sterling Hghts. Aren't both of these areas on the outskirts of
Detroit? Anyway, local hairdressers were showcased at these as well as
others from around the country. In the Detroit shows and in Texas is
where I have seen the most outlandish and the most exotic styles for
men. I honestly didn't like a lot of them as they looked sissyfied to
me. In the east it was all about fades and drawing designs in the back
and maybe dreads.

> chinese ponytails? "shirley temples", scrunch curls? c'mon doobie,
wtf.
> I've pretty much woven myself in detroit, and not once have I see one
> cat in the past two years or so who's participated in this hair growth
> phenomenon with a perm, a flip, a chinese ponytail (uh, whatever that
> means to you), a 1950's-whatever, and all of the following you
may/might
> have mentioned.

Just for background purposes, there are different variations of chinese
ponytails, but I think the one that you might be most familiar w/ is
where the bottom half of the head is shaved completely bald and the top
half is grown out and pulled back into a ponytail. Sometimes your real
hair is not long enough or thick enough so they add fake hair to make
the ponytail, Hence, "Chinese Ponytail".

Shirley Temples are exactly what they sound like. I think the best
examples would be snoop (next episode video) and DJ Quick on occasion.
Scrunch curls are done by applying massive amounts of styling gel to wet
hair, braiding that hair and then sitting under the dryer. When the
hair is dry, the braids are separated and the hair is very curly & wavy
and all you have to do is "scrunch" the hair w/ your fingers to fluff it
up a little. It's kind of like having a Jherri Curl w/o the harsh
chemicals and all that drip. Most of the time, men will do this and
then pull it all back into a ponytail. (kind of faking the impression of
having "good hair"). I can't think of any recent examples but I think
that some of Bone Thugs used to wear their hair like that all the time.
A lot of older men still wear conks. "Conk" is an old fashioned term for
using lye to straighten the hair. The best example of a conk is Nat King
Cole, Al Sharpton, Billy Dee. Oh wait, I think Bill Bellamy had a conk
on Def Comedy Jam once.

> the only reason I grew my hair out was to root myself and bring myself
> to the experience.
>
> I don't feel like clarifying that, so bare with that.
>
> but anyway, the only potential place in the "d" where you'd find that
> common law is at minjo's.
>
> and even there, I don't think that gay folks out here would emphasize
> thier lifestyle to that extreme.
>
> bad mouthing the "d". you could've came up with a better lie than
that.

> that was utter bs.

Not BS, I have no reason to lie about this. Detroit has some of the best
black hairdressers on the planet. Granted it was nearly 8 yrs ago since
I've last been to Detriot but I still get magazines like Black Tresses
and Salon Profiles that showcase hairdressers from around the country,
incl. detroit and they still have the some of the best (,,,and some of
the craziest) hairstyles for both men and women. I'm half tempted to go
out and buy a scanner just so I can post some of the adds I see for the
hairdressers and Barbers in your area.

Kayal

Jan 27, 2001, 2:26:54 PM1/27/01
In article <94v6vn$704$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
Mochaspresso <mochas...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> Scrunch curls are done by applying massive amounts of styling gel to
wet
> hair, braiding that hair and then sitting under the dryer. When the
> hair is dry, the braids are separated and the hair is very curly &
wavy
> and all you have to do is "scrunch" the hair w/ your fingers to fluff
it
> up a little. It's kind of like having a Jherri Curl w/o the harsh
> chemicals and all that drip.

My curls are growing out.... what to do? what to do?

> Not BS, I have no reason to lie about this.

THat's what all the perps say. Just admit that you are on a concerted
mission to defame Detroit through the attribution of tacky, femmy
hairstyles to its black men. There is a trail of evidence leading to
you.

Mochaspresso

Jan 27, 2001, 4:07:43 PM1/27/01

> > chinese ponytails? "shirley temples", scrunch curls? c'mon doobie,
> wtf.

By the way, what's a doobie? Where I come from, a doobie is a hairstyle
for women, aka a "wrap". It's done by wrapping your hair around your
head while it still wet and then sitting under the dryer. When you come
out your hair is very straight and they style it so that it frames your
face.

Mochaspresso

Jan 27, 2001, 5:28:17 PM1/27/01
In article <94v7do$77b$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
Kayal <kayal...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> My curls are growing out.... what to do? what to do?

Do what I do. See your local hairdresser. I have a standing 7am sat,
morning appt.

> > Not BS, I have no reason to lie about this.
>
> THat's what all the perps say. Just admit that you are on a concerted
> mission to defame Detroit through the attribution of tacky, femmy
> hairstyles to its black men. There is a trail of evidence leading to
> you.

Alright, the jig is up. I single handedly masterminded the entire
conspiracy. BUT I'M NOT SORRY. THIS IS GOD'S WILL. IT HAS TO BE DONE.
And there are thousands of others underground waiting to take up the
cause where I have left off.

Vive La Resistance!!! (or however you spell it. I got that from South
Park, btw. I'm probably the only one who watches it faithfully. Those
kids crack me up.)

Steve 'Flash' Juon

Jan 27, 2001, 6:47:39 PM1/27/01
In article <94vi1r$ft1$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, mochas...@my-deja.com
says...

> Vive La Resistance!!! (or however you spell it. I got that from South
> Park, btw. I'm probably the only one who watches it faithfully. Those
> kids crack me up.)

Hey Mocha, how come I didn't know you three years ago, huh huh?

When most folks didn't even know what South Park was yet, I was in this
newsgroup defending the show against the people who thought it was racist
because Chef was a stereotype of black men. Besides which, I made the
point that Chef is the +HERO+ of the show, at least for the entire first
season. Everytime the kids have a problem, they go to Chef. And Chef
loves them, even if it's in a condescending "crazy crackers" kind of way
he still cares about their well-being and their future. Who can argue
with Isaac Hayes doing the voice though? That single move basically
revitalized his entire career, and God bless him for having the smarts to
realize he could play such a big part in a surprisingly hip comedy.

I'm just talkin bout Shaft,

Mark

Jan 28, 2001, 2:42:13 AM1/28/01
I don't know if this would count, but it seems a lot of people
mis/over-use the word "actually". I get so annoyed with it's
mis/over-use.

Mochaspresso

Jan 28, 2001, 1:23:35 PM1/28/01
In article <MPG.14dd1a16e...@news.qwest.net>,

Steve 'Flash' Juon <dj.f...@pobox.com> wrote:
> In article <94vi1r$ft1$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, mochas...@my-deja.com
> says...
> > Vive La Resistance!!! (or however you spell it. I got that from
South
> > Park, btw. I'm probably the only one who watches it faithfully.
Those
> > kids crack me up.)
>
> Hey Mocha, how come I didn't know you three years ago, huh huh?

I'm extremely slow when it comes to computers. 3 yrs ago, I was an
Aoler w/ a 28k modem. I hated the internet. (...Now having said that, I
remembered that it was in an aol chatroom that I heard about South Park
in the first place...) I have cable access now and can't imagine life
w/o it.

> When most folks didn't even know what South Park was yet, I was in
this
> newsgroup defending the show against the people who thought it was
racist
> because Chef was a stereotype of black men. Besides which, I made the
> point that Chef is the +HERO+ of the show, at least for the entire
first
> season. Everytime the kids have a problem, they go to Chef. And Chef
> loves them, even if it's in a condescending "crazy crackers" kind of
way
> he still cares about their well-being and their future.

Exactly, if you watch, Chef is the only sane and rational adult in the
entire town. He's more of tribute than a stereotype.

Who can argue
> with Isaac Hayes doing the voice though? That single move basically
> revitalized his entire career, and God bless him for having the smarts
> realize he could play such a big part in a surprisingly hip comedy.
>

> I'm just talkin bout Shaft.

Speaking of Shaft, a lot of folks bashed that movie in another
thread, but I liked it. However, this may stem from the fact that I
never saw the original.

> Flash
>
> --
> "What's the difference between a genius and a madman?"
> -> Grimm ("Will Catholics, ever, have a black pope?")
> PLEASE DIRECT REPLIES TO dj.f...@pobox.com
> Webmaster: www.OHHLA.com, www.RapReviews.com

Steve 'Flash' Juon

Jan 28, 2001, 4:17:56 PM1/28/01
In article <951o31$31b$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, mochas...@my-deja.com
says...

> > Hey Mocha, how come I didn't know you three years ago, huh huh?
>
> I'm extremely slow when it comes to computers. 3 yrs ago, I was an
> Aoler w/ a 28k modem. I hated the internet. (...Now having said that, I
> remembered that it was in an aol chatroom that I heard about South Park
> in the first place...) I have cable access now and can't imagine life
> w/o it.

What really flipped my wig was that for almost my entire life I had been
using cable/DSL quality internet access, since I was getting it through
school when my sister went there and then later when I went to college.
When I had to use a 33.6K modem to surf the net for the first time it was
like swimming in molasses. UGH. Thank God I'm back on DSL now!

> Exactly, if you watch, Chef is the only sane and rational adult in the
> entire town. He's more of tribute than a stereotype.

Second that. Although you have to admit, in that one episode, he lost
his head and fell for a succubus - but since he always helped the kids,
the kids turned around and helped him. In a sick and twisted South Park
kind of way, that's actually sweet.

> Speaking of Shaft, a lot of folks bashed that movie in another
> thread, but I liked it. However, this may stem from the fact that I
> never saw the original.

Honestly I don't know why. If you like Samuel Jackson, or you like
action movies, you've good one of two good reasons to like the film.
If you like +BOTH+ then it's a great flick. Give them credit for not
trying to claim Jackson was the ORIGINAL Shaft, which would have been
double. Double credit for casting Roundtree IN the film as his uncle.
A slight negative credit for how much Busta Rhymes hams it up but
TRIPLE credit for the pyschotic portrayal of Peoples.

Peace, Flash

Aesop the Visual Zodiac

Jan 28, 2001, 11:24:51 PM1/28/01

dula

Jan 29, 2001, 2:05:19 PM1/29/01

read it again. you totally missed my point, black.

> Dula, you usually on point but you slipped up on that last post with
> that "How he gonna be a thug and he drinkin' champaigne?". Whats that
> gotta do with how thugged out you are? Why do niggas think a thug
gotta
> be a broke dirty nigga? Al Capone sipped champ', and thats one of the
> thuggest cats ever.

no doubt. that's what i'm sayin. my whole point was that different
niggas find different shit to be bitch. i know hove is trill, but i've
gotten into 'discussions' with niggas that feel the way i mentioned in
the last post, cause of the chloe's, cris, etc. i know from
experience, i've known thug niggas across the whole spectrum, from the
smoothest cats, manicures, fade ALWAYS diced up, crisp ass kicks, to
the real street cats, grimy, stick-up type niggas. you can't really
tell by looks.

it's all about perspective. i was trying to illustrate that it's cats
that look at 'pretty thug' type niggas the exact same way you look at
permed out cali niggas. feel me?

btw, to all the cali cats, do niggas still rock perms like that out
there? i haven't been out west in like 2 years, but the last time, i
didn't really see too many perms. y'all got bitches, too, by the way.
you're not fuckin with south beach, but i definitely ran across some
winners.

--
sig under construction

Mochaspresso

Jan 29, 2001, 3:08:51 PM1/29/01
In article <MPG.14de4881e...@news.qwest.net>,

Steve 'Flash' Juon <dj.f...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Second that. Although you have to admit, in that one episode, he lost
> his head and fell for a succubus - but since he always helped the
kids,
> the kids turned around and helped him. In a sick and twisted South
Park
> kind of way, that's actually sweet.

Do you watch the show that comes on after? TV Funhouse. At first I
thought it was kind of stupid, but a couple a weeks ago, there was an
episode that had Triumph (..the foul-mouthed dog puppet that got sued &
banned from the Conan O'brien show ) on it that was funny as hell.

> > Speaking of Shaft, a lot of folks bashed that movie in another
> > thread, but I liked it. However, this may stem from the fact that I
> > never saw the original.
>
> Honestly I don't know why. If you like Samuel Jackson, or you like
> action movies, you've good one of two good reasons to like the film.
> If you like +BOTH+ then it's a great flick. Give them credit for not
> trying to claim Jackson was the ORIGINAL Shaft, which would have been
> double. Double credit for casting Roundtree IN the film as his uncle.
> A slight negative credit for how much Busta Rhymes hams it up but
> TRIPLE credit for the pyschotic portrayal of Peoples.

Yeah man, Peoples was crazy. I liked the scene where his brother is
shot and he gets out of the car and starts walking down the street w/ a
gun in one hand and a knife in the other...just stabbing himself in the
chest screaming "YOU BETTA KILL ME TOO, MUTHAFUCKA...CUZ I'M COMING FOR
YOU!!! YOU HEAR ME?" (or something to that effect) It sounds crass, but
that scene shows how crazy that dude really was.

> Peace, Flash
>
> --
> "What's the difference between a genius and a madman?"
> -> Grimm ("Will Catholics, ever, have a black pope?")
> PLEASE DIRECT REPLIES TO dj.f...@pobox.com
> Webmaster: www.OHHLA.com, www.RapReviews.com

Steve 'Flash' Juon

Jan 29, 2001, 5:08:37 PM1/29/01
In article <954ika$cq6$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, mochas...@my-deja.com
says...

> Do you watch the show that comes on after? TV Funhouse. At first I
> thought it was kind of stupid, but a couple a weeks ago, there was an
> episode that had Triumph (..the foul-mouthed dog puppet that got sued &
> banned from the Conan O'brien show ) on it that was funny as hell.

That's from the same guy who does those really sick cartoons on SNL,
Robert Smigel - like the "Ambiguously Gay Duo" and "Fun With Real Audio."
Dude is warped in a major way; and CC has got balls to run this show.
It's a little over the top of South Park to me - i.e. even more twisted.

> Yeah man, Peoples was crazy. I liked the scene where his brother is
> shot and he gets out of the car and starts walking down the street w/ a
> gun in one hand and a knife in the other...just stabbing himself in the
> chest screaming "YOU BETTA KILL ME TOO, MUTHAFUCKA...CUZ I'M COMING FOR
> YOU!!! YOU HEAR ME?" (or something to that effect) It sounds crass, but
> that scene shows how crazy that dude really was.

No shit. If you saw somebody like that stabbing himself with an icepick
after you shot his brother, fucking RUN cause he's gonna KILL yo' ass.
Man the look in his eyes was pure venom and psychotic rage. That dude
deserves an Oscar for best supporting actor. Between the way he flips
at the end, how he manipulates the smarmy rich white guy, and the shit
he talks to Samuel Jackson, he fuckin +MADE+ that movie.

Pizon

Jan 29, 2001, 11:18:11 PM1/29/01
A'ight, here's a term (actually, context) that I coined.. the word FLOSS to
mean a girl showing off her legs. That is the only time I use the word. It
derived from saying shit like, "Honey love flossin them legs," which eventually
got shortened to "Honey love flossin." Now, I use it as a verb and a noun;
your floss is the sex appeal of your legs: "You shoulda seen her rockin' that
short skirt.. That girl got mad floss."

Also, a "bird" is used to refer to any girl.