OT: You know your your semi-detached...

Cos360°

Jan 13, 2006, 3:33:30 AM1/13/06
...from reality, when you look forward to China releasing their GDP figures
for the year...guessing if their economies overheating or remaining
reasonably sustainable. I'm guessing 5.0.

- Kwaj

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 13, 2006, 6:02:54 AM1/13/06

You don't get out much do you? ;-)

bse

Jan 13, 2006, 9:02:01 PM1/13/06
In article
<43c765dc$0$24704$5a62...@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>,
"Cos360°" <kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:

What are your thoughts on them spreading their surplusses around
international money markets instead of putting it allinto the dollar.
Will this make a US recesion unavoidable?

bse (meh)

--
"millitainment"
To reply by email, remove "YOURHANDSFROMYOURLAP".

http://www.abitnice.com/canibringmygat/ - hiphop producer audio blog
http://www.abitnice.com - group blog

Cos360°

Jan 14, 2006, 4:52:26 AM1/14/06

"bse" <b...@YOURHANDSFROMYOURLAPabitnice.com> wrote in message

> In article
> <43c765dc$0$24704$5a62...@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>,
> "Cos360°" <kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:
>
> > ...from reality, when you look forward to China releasing their GDP
figures
> > for the year...guessing if their economies overheating or remaining
> > reasonably sustainable. I'm guessing 5.0.
>
> What are your thoughts on them spreading their surplusses around
> international money markets instead of putting it allinto the dollar.
> Will this make a US recesion unavoidable?
>
> bse (meh)
>
> --

They have already started that haven't they? The lack of confidence in the
US dollar (and more importantly the economy) makes it as unattractive as it
has been for the last 36 months.

bse

Jan 14, 2006, 6:36:29 PM1/14/06
In article
<43c8c7af$0$24705$5a62...@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>,
"Cos360°" <kw...@nospam.iinet.net.au> wrote:

> "bse" <b...@YOURHANDSFROMYOURLAPabitnice.com> wrote in message
> > In article
> > <43c765dc$0$24704$5a62...@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>,
> > "Cos360°" <kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:
> >
> > > ...from reality, when you look forward to China releasing their GDP
> figures
> > > for the year...guessing if their economies overheating or remaining
> > > reasonably sustainable. I'm guessing 5.0.
> >
> > What are your thoughts on them spreading their surplusses around
> > international money markets instead of putting it allinto the dollar.
> > Will this make a US recesion unavoidable?
> >
> > bse (meh)
> >
> > --
>
> They have already started that haven't they?

They announced it properly like a week or so ago. The media seems to
have totally avoided it.

>The lack of confidence in the
> US dollar (and more importantly the economy) makes it as unattractive as it
> has been for the last 36 months.

Good news for Europe and the Yen though huh?!?!?! :-)

bse

Cos360°

Jan 14, 2006, 7:59:59 PM1/14/06

> In article
> <43c8c7af$0$24705$5a62...@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>,
> "Cos360°" <kw...@nospam.iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
>> "bse" <b...@YOURHANDSFROMYOURLAPabitnice.com> wrote in message
>> > In article
>> > <43c765dc$0$24704$5a62...@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>,

>> figures
>> >
>> > What are your thoughts on them spreading their surplusses around
>> > international money markets instead of putting it allinto the dollar.
>> > Will this make a US recesion unavoidable?
>> >
>> > bse (meh)
>> >
>> > --
>>
>> They have already started that haven't they?
>
> They announced it properly like a week or so ago. The media seems to
> have totally avoided it.

interesting. it's probably because 90% of the population would not get it's
signifigance

>>The lack of confidence in the
>> US dollar (and more importantly the economy) makes it as unattractive as
>> it
>> has been for the last 36 months.
>
> Good news for Europe and the Yen though huh?!?!?! :-)

great news for Europe. Doesn't mean as much for the Yen...the Chinese hate
the Japanese with a passion (its a hangover of World War II), they'd
probably see any other Asian country prosper than Japan.

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 14, 2006, 8:21:27 PM1/14/06
Cos360° wrote:
> "bse" <b...@YOURHANDSFROMYOURLAPabitnice.com> wrote in message
>> In article
>> <43c8c7af$0$24705$5a62...@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>,
>> "Cos360°" <kw...@nospam.iinet.net.au> wrote:
>>
>>> "bse" <b...@YOURHANDSFROMYOURLAPabitnice.com> wrote in message

>>> They have already started that haven't they?
>>
>> They announced it properly like a week or so ago. The media seems to
>> have totally avoided it.
>
> interesting. it's probably because 90% of the population would not
> get it's signifigance

That is such a superiority trip it's unbelievable...

Especially because it's wrong.

>>> The lack of confidence in the
>>> US dollar (and more importantly the economy) makes it as
>>> unattractive as it
>>> has been for the last 36 months.
>>
>> Good news for Europe and the Yen though huh?!?!?! :-)
>
> great news for Europe. Doesn't mean as much for the Yen...the Chinese
> hate the Japanese with a passion (its a hangover of World War II),
> they'd probably see any other Asian country prosper than Japan.

How many Chinese people do you know?
--
Wasteland Drifter
'Posterboy for terror with a Supersoaker'

bse

Jan 14, 2006, 10:23:53 PM1/14/06
In article <113728808...@dyke.uk.clara.net>,
"Wasteland Drifter" <wastelan...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

> Cos360° wrote:
> >> Good news for Europe and the Yen though huh?!?!?! :-)
> >
> > great news for Europe. Doesn't mean as much for the Yen...the Chinese
> > hate the Japanese with a passion (its a hangover of World War II),
> > they'd probably see any other Asian country prosper than Japan.
>
> How many Chinese people do you know?

Well it's teh chinese government/establishment that have the hate for
Japan (and yes it does still stand as he says) and since they choose how
to invest their surplus then this isn't off base.

I agree with you though WD that regular folks would understand the
significance of this. At least here in the UK they would, thats why it
kind of baffles me that the press have not shown any interest.

alexrinse

Jan 14, 2006, 10:39:53 PM1/14/06
There most certainly is a a feeling of hate amongst otherwise rational,
intelligent (or not) Chinese towards the Japanese (people, ideal,
government. whatever). The Vicki Zhao Wei in her "banzai" dress, uproar
over Chinese actors in Memoirs......., plus the anti-Japan protests
last year on the Mainland were not simply isolated incidents. I have
come across (no homo) and mingled with people of both nationalities at
once who get on fine, no surprises there of course, yet have seen the
same thing happen and heard some nasty comments made once backs are
turned - the British certainly don't have a patent on xenophobia and
racism.

Incedentally, I left a Japanese bloke tonight bloody faced, but this
was entirely accidental and should not be interpreted as retribution
for the Nanking massacre/sending Alec Guinness to the brink.

Cheers,
Alex.

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 15, 2006, 6:57:22 AM1/15/06
bse wrote:
> In article <113728808...@dyke.uk.clara.net>,

>>> great news for Europe. Doesn't mean as much for the Yen...the
>>> Chinese hate the Japanese with a passion (its a hangover of World
>>> War II), they'd probably see any other Asian country prosper than
>>> Japan.
>>
>> How many Chinese people do you know?
>
> Well it's teh chinese government/establishment that have the hate for
> Japan (and yes it does still stand as he says) and since they choose
> how to invest their surplus then this isn't off base.

Yeah I was going more on the establishment side of things and also on the
fact it's a mass generalisation in the same way the English supposedly all
hate the French, Germans, etc.

> I agree with you though WD that regular folks would understand the
> significance of this. At least here in the UK they would, thats why it
> kind of baffles me that the press have not shown any interest.
>
> bse

They have more important things to talk about, like a Politician with a
drink problem and creating mass hysteria over a couple of registered sex
offenders working in schools...

Cos360°

Jan 19, 2006, 11:04:41 PM1/19/06

"Wasteland Drifter" <wastelan...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

I don't think it is...I doubt even most of us would completely understand
the workings of macroeconomics. I am not sure we are actually talking about
the same thing...I would probably put it up there with equity or options
trading. not hard just obtuse.

> Especially because it's wrong.

>>> Good news for Europe and the Yen though huh?!?!?! :-)
>>
>> great news for Europe. Doesn't mean as much for the Yen...the Chinese
>> hate the Japanese with a passion (its a hangover of World War II),
>> they'd probably see any other Asian country prosper than Japan.
>
> How many Chinese people do you know?

I worked closely with about 5 of them during my PhD, one of my supervisors
was Chinese. I don't think it would be too much to generously, that China's
their least favourite nation.

Cos360°

Jan 19, 2006, 11:07:33 PM1/19/06

> bse wrote:
>> In article <113728808...@dyke.uk.clara.net>,

>>> How many Chinese people do you know?
>>
>> Well it's teh chinese government/establishment that have the hate for
>> Japan (and yes it does still stand as he says) and since they choose
>> how to invest their surplus then this isn't off base.
>
> Yeah I was going more on the establishment side of things and also on the
> fact it's a mass generalisation in the same way the English supposedly all
> hate the French, Germans, etc.

it's not the same thing...europes got over the worst of it. China and Japan
are still trying to write the history books (literally) and the Chinese are
still trying to seek compensation for enslavement of their women during
WWII.

>> I agree with you though WD that regular folks would understand the
>> significance of this. At least here in the UK they would, thats why it
>> kind of baffles me that the press have not shown any interest.
>>
>> bse
>
> They have more important things to talk about, like a Politician with a
> drink problem and creating mass hysteria over a couple of registered sex
> offenders working in schools...

no...I seriously think most people wouldn't get it. currency investment is a
reasonably abstract concept...goes well beyond buying and selling.

Cos360°

Jan 19, 2006, 11:09:19 PM1/19/06

"alexrinse" <alex...@mailandnews.com> wrote in message

> There most certainly is a a feeling of hate amongst otherwise rational,
> intelligent (or not) Chinese towards the Japanese (people, ideal,
> government. whatever). The Vicki Zhao Wei in her "banzai" dress, uproar
> over Chinese actors in Memoirs......., plus the anti-Japan protests
> last year on the Mainland were not simply isolated incidents. I have
> come across (no homo) and mingled with people of both nationalities at
> once who get on fine, no surprises there of course, yet have seen the
> same thing happen and heard some nasty comments made once backs are
> turned - the British certainly don't have a patent on xenophobia and
> racism.

I guess around this part of the world, their is a far abundance of Japanese
and espicially Chinese...you get to know these details after a couple of
conversations.

Cos360°

Jan 19, 2006, 11:13:35 PM1/19/06

"Cos360°" <kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote in message
out of interest, how many chinese people do you know?? have you ever asked
them their sentiments on japan.

> I worked closely with about 5 of them during my PhD, one of my supervisors
> was Chinese. I don't think it would be too much to generously, that
> China's their least favourite nation.

man, that made no sense.

What I was trying to say was..

"...I worked closely with about 5 of them during my PhD, one of my
supervisors
was Chinese. I don't think it would be too much to generalize, that Japan
is China's
least favourite nation."

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 20, 2006, 2:19:44 AM1/20/06

Have I made a mass generalisation about them?

>> I worked closely with about 5 of them during my PhD, one of my
>> supervisors was Chinese. I don't think it would be too much to
>> generously, that China's their least favourite nation.
>
> man, that made no sense.
>
> What I was trying to say was..
>
> "...I worked closely with about 5 of them during my PhD, one of my
> supervisors
> was Chinese. I don't think it would be too much to generalize, that
> Japan is China's
> least favourite nation."

Again that's like saying "France is Englands least favourite nation" which
is bollocks because most people couldn't give a shit...

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 20, 2006, 2:31:56 AM1/20/06
Cos360° wrote:
> "Wasteland Drifter" <wastelan...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in
> message news:11373262...@echo.uk.clara.net...
>> bse wrote:

>>> Well it's teh chinese government/establishment that have the hate
>>> for Japan (and yes it does still stand as he says) and since they
>>> choose how to invest their surplus then this isn't off base.
>>
>> Yeah I was going more on the establishment side of things and also
>> on the fact it's a mass generalisation in the same way the English
>> supposedly all hate the French, Germans, etc.
>
> it's not the same thing...

It's exactly the same thing.

> europes got over the worst of it. China and
> Japan are still trying to write the history books (literally) and the
> Chinese are still trying to seek compensation for enslavement of
> their women during WWII.

Are we 'over the worst of it' just because we're not at war with each other?

I'm assuming that you're assuming the establishment here never try to spread
seeds of hate towards our European counterparts, if that's what you are
thinking then once more you are mistaken.

So none of the European establishment are trying to write/rewrite the
History books?

What's Britain's attitude towards British Prisoners of War that were held in
Japan?

If we use that then Japan is Britain's most hated country...

That of course would be a massive over generalisation though.

>>> I agree with you though WD that regular folks would understand the
>>> significance of this. At least here in the UK they would, thats why
>>> it kind of baffles me that the press have not shown any interest.
>>>
>>> bse
>>
>> They have more important things to talk about, like a Politician
>> with a drink problem and creating mass hysteria over a couple of
>> registered sex offenders working in schools...
>
> no...I seriously think most people wouldn't get it. currency
> investment is a reasonably abstract concept...goes well beyond buying
> and selling.

Yet more 'intellectual' arrogance.

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 20, 2006, 2:36:11 AM1/20/06

Oh but because you are educated it's something that comes easy...

Intellectual arrogance Kwaj.

That's all this is.

>> Especially because it's wrong.

>>> great news for Europe. Doesn't mean as much for the Yen...the
>>> Chinese hate the Japanese with a passion (its a hangover of World
>>> War II), they'd probably see any other Asian country prosper than
>>> Japan.
>>
>> How many Chinese people do you know?
>
> I worked closely with about 5 of them during my PhD, one of my
> supervisors was Chinese. I don't think it would be too much to
> generously, that China's their least favourite nation.

So based on 5 people you are now speaking for around 1,306,313,800 at the
very least...

Yeah I can see why you think you're not making a massive over
generalisation.

STRATEGY

Jan 20, 2006, 12:23:27 PM1/20/06

none, but he's seen "Chinese Connection" (Fists of Fury) several times.

If that doesn't prove it, I don't know what does..

STRATEGY

Cos360°

Jan 20, 2006, 2:55:03 PM1/20/06

"Wasteland Drifter" <wastelan...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

It's completely different man. China had it's borders closed pretty much up
until 1990...it's still a communist nation and old habits would die hard.
Like I said, try chatting to a Chinese guy about it next time you meet one.
I am obviously generalizing to some degree but I am far from inaccurate.

>>> They have more important things to talk about, like a Politician
>>> with a drink problem and creating mass hysteria over a couple of
>>> registered sex offenders working in schools...
>>
>> no...I seriously think most people wouldn't get it. currency
>> investment is a reasonably abstract concept...goes well beyond buying
>> and selling.
>
> Yet more 'intellectual' arrogance.

I'm assuming I am going to be getting this intellectual arrogance thing for
a while...so I won't fight it. I don't think I am but it could be true.

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 20, 2006, 3:30:25 PM1/20/06

Is it?

Tell me how British people feel towards that period of history and Japan's
refusal to apologise for the torture...

> China had it's borders closed pretty
> much up until 1990...it's still a communist nation and old habits
> would die hard.

So the Chinese *establishment* had the borders closed for many years...

Where did the population of China have a say in that?

> Like I said, try chatting to a Chinese guy about it
> next time you meet one. I am obviously generalizing to some degree
> but I am far from inaccurate.

So one random person who may not even have ever been to China is going to be
able to speak for over a billion people?

That's like saying Muslims hate America because Osama said so... Expand it
further to fit your logic and you can include the whole of Al-Qaeda...

>>> no...I seriously think most people wouldn't get it. currency
>>> investment is a reasonably abstract concept...goes well beyond
>>> buying and selling.
>>
>> Yet more 'intellectual' arrogance.
>
> I'm assuming I am going to be getting this intellectual arrogance
> thing for a while...so I won't fight it. I don't think I am but it

> *is* true.

Fixed...

Once you get out of the 'intellectual' safety of University and fully enter
the world you've been trying to escape for most of your adult life, you'll
see just how wrong you are about this kind of thing.

Unless of course you only surround yourself with other 'intellectuals',
which by the sound of your 'I only date people who have career aspirations I
admire' statement will more than likely be the case.

You'll have no real understanding of the majority of people who live in
whichever city you choose to reside and you'll think you're better than them
just because you've read a few different books than them and have a piece of
paper that congratulates you for doing so.

A to the L

Jan 20, 2006, 3:48:08 PM1/20/06
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:30:25 -0000, "Wasteland Drifter"
<wastelan...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

of course he won't understand them... they're all cultural and
financial leeches...

A to the L

"if someone made a pie with lil jon's face baked on it that would be amazing"
Contradictory Hiphop truth with a bitter and twisted attitude
http://www.altrap.com

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 20, 2006, 3:57:50 PM1/20/06

Oh most definitely...

I bet they all swear, blaspheme and don't want to be CEO's as well.

I wouldn't blame him for wanting us all to be shot or be forced into
sweatshops...

Cos360°

Jan 21, 2006, 7:53:22 AM1/21/06

"Wasteland Drifter" <wastelan...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

most definetly. but please feel free to make your own conclusions....

>> China had it's borders closed pretty
>> much up until 1990...it's still a communist nation and old habits
>> would die hard.
>
> So the Chinese *establishment* had the borders closed for many years...
>
> Where did the population of China have a say in that?

that's not the point. the point is, when you close your boarders for a
couple of decades, people have a way of gravitating towards a united
opinion...espicially when their last experience on the matter was a less
than pleasent one.

that's quite simply absurd. to assume that I have been trying to 'escape'
anything my adult life...rests solely on the premise that you actually know
me. and you don't.

> Unless of course you only surround yourself with other 'intellectuals',
> which by the sound of your 'I only date people who have career aspirations
> I admire' statement will more than likely be the case.

you seem almost offended. strange.

if intellectuals are assumed to be people who actually ask questions about
society...then yes I probably do. if it's got anything to do with the amount
of time they have spent at university

and hey, career aspirations are usually a reasonably decent reflection on a
person. to most people I know anyway. besides the only guys who ever seem to
have a problem with it are those that don't [have any real aspirations].

> You'll have no real understanding of the majority of people who live in
> whichever city you choose to reside and you'll think you're better than
> them just because you've read a few different books than them and have a
> piece of paper that congratulates you for doing so.

wow, what an analysis. hey thanks for the advice man...I obviously need it.

Cos360°

Jan 21, 2006, 7:53:53 AM1/21/06

"A to the L" <ato...@gmail.comODE> wrote in message

*yawn*

Cos360°

Jan 21, 2006, 7:54:26 AM1/21/06

"Wasteland Drifter" <wastelan...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

*smile*

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 21, 2006, 8:19:00 AM1/21/06

Please tell me British public opinion towards the Japanese treatment of
British prisoners of war.

Tell me what our Governments stand point was on this matter.

>>> China had it's borders closed pretty
>>> much up until 1990...it's still a communist nation and old habits
>>> would die hard.
>>
>> So the Chinese *establishment* had the borders closed for many
>> years... Where did the population of China have a say in that?
>>

> that's not the point.

That's *exactly* the point.

> the point is, when you close your boarders for a
> couple of decades, people have a way of gravitating towards a united
> opinion...espicially when their last experience on the matter was a
> less than pleasent one.

How do you know that was a 'united public opinion'?

Based on 5 people who don't live in China?

Are you really suggesting that people in rural China were sat there going "I
don't know where our next meal's coming from but thank fuck the borders with
Japan are closed"?

>>> Like I said, try chatting to a Chinese guy about it
>>> next time you meet one. I am obviously generalizing to some degree
>>> but I am far from inaccurate.
>>
>> So one random person who may not even have ever been to China is
>> going to be able to speak for over a billion people?
>>
>> That's like saying Muslims hate America because Osama said so...
>> Expand it further to fit your logic and you can include the whole of
>> Al-Qaeda...

Your silence on this point speaks volumes.

>>> I'm assuming I am going to be getting this intellectual arrogance
>>> thing for a while...so I won't fight it. I don't think I am but it
>>> *is* true.
>>
>> Fixed...
>>
>> Once you get out of the 'intellectual' safety of University and fully
>> enter the world you've been trying to escape for most of your adult
>> life, you'll see just how wrong you are about this kind of thing.
>
> that's quite simply absurd. to assume that I have been trying to
> 'escape' anything my adult life...rests solely on the premise that
> you actually know me. and you don't.

That's exactly what you've been doing and I don't need to know you to know
that.

>> Unless of course you only surround yourself with other
>> 'intellectuals', which by the sound of your 'I only date people who
>> have career aspirations I admire' statement will more than likely be
>> the case.
>
> you seem almost offended. strange.

I agree it is strange that you would think that.

> if intellectuals are assumed to be people who actually ask questions
> about society...then yes I probably do.

Everybody does that so it's nothing to do with being an 'intellectual' so
please try again...

> if it's got anything to do
> with the amount of time they have spent at university

What?

> and hey, career aspirations are usually a reasonably decent
> reflection on a person.

So someone who wants to be a CEO = Good, someone happy with being a mechanic
for someone elses company = Bad?

> to most people I know anyway.

Point proven

> besides the
> only guys who ever seem to have a problem with it are those that
> don't [have any real aspirations].

Or those who would rather be happy than spend their lives climbing up the
greasy pole shitting on people 'below'...

>> You'll have no real understanding of the majority of people who live
>> in whichever city you choose to reside and you'll think you're
>> better than them just because you've read a few different books than
>> them and have a piece of paper that congratulates you for doing so.
>
> wow, what an analysis. hey thanks for the advice man...I obviously
> need it.

You're welcome.

Cos360°

Jan 21, 2006, 9:37:35 AM1/21/06

"Wasteland Drifter" <wastelan...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

talk to some people...there's no point us arguing about what the meaning of
public opinion is.

> Based on 5 people who don't live in China?

5 people who grew up in china...I think they have a reasonable idea

> Are you really suggesting that people in rural China were sat there going
> "I don't know where our next meal's coming from but thank fuck the borders
> with Japan are closed"?

>>> So one random person who may not even have ever been to China is
>>> going to be able to speak for over a billion people?
>>>
>>> That's like saying Muslims hate America because Osama said so...
>>> Expand it further to fit your logic and you can include the whole of
>>> Al-Qaeda...
>
> Your silence on this point speaks volumes.

no I didn't comment on it because as an analogy...but on offence, it was so
far flung I didn't think it was worth commenting on.

>>> Fixed...
>>>
>>> Once you get out of the 'intellectual' safety of University and fully
>>> enter the world you've been trying to escape for most of your adult
>>> life, you'll see just how wrong you are about this kind of thing.
>>
>> that's quite simply absurd. to assume that I have been trying to
>> 'escape' anything my adult life...rests solely on the premise that
>> you actually know me. and you don't.
>
> That's exactly what you've been doing and I don't need to know you to know
> that.

really???

>>> Unless of course you only surround yourself with other
>>> 'intellectuals', which by the sound of your 'I only date people who
>>> have career aspirations I admire' statement will more than likely be
>>> the case.
>>
>> you seem almost offended. strange.
>
> I agree it is strange that you would think that.
>
>> if intellectuals are assumed to be people who actually ask questions
>> about society...then yes I probably do.
>
> Everybody does that so it's nothing to do with being an 'intellectual' so
> please try again...
>
>> if it's got anything to do
>> with the amount of time they have spent at university

> What?
>
>> and hey, career aspirations are usually a reasonably decent
>> reflection on a person.
>
> So someone who wants to be a CEO = Good, someone happy with being a
> mechanic for someone elses company = Bad?

your going off on a serious tangent, mate.

A to the L

Jan 21, 2006, 9:45:53 AM1/21/06
On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 23:53:22 +1100, "Cos360°"
<kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:

>that's quite simply absurd. to assume that I have been trying to 'escape'
>anything my adult life...rests solely on the premise that you actually know
>me. and you don't.

as is commenting on someone's immigrant status based on how much they
post on a message board... but that's right - you didn't assume that!
you made this deduction from facts... which you've still to reveal to
us...

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 21, 2006, 9:49:34 AM1/21/06

So you can't but you've decided that it's completely opposite to your
point...

>>> that's not the point.
>>
>> That's *exactly* the point.
>>
>>> the point is, when you close your boarders for a
>>> couple of decades, people have a way of gravitating towards a united
>>> opinion...espicially when their last experience on the matter was a
>>> less than pleasent one.
>>
>> How do you know that was a 'united public opinion'?
>
> talk to some people...there's no point us arguing about what the
> meaning of public opinion is.

So you don't know that to be the case.

>> Based on 5 people who don't live in China?
>>
> 5 people who grew up in china...I think they have a reasonable idea

They have a reasonable idea of what they think yes.

If they said that the world was flat would that mean all Chinese people
thought the same?

>> Are you really suggesting that people in rural China were sat there
>> going "I don't know where our next meal's coming from but thank fuck
>> the borders with Japan are closed"?

>> Your silence on this point speaks volumes.
>
> no I didn't comment on it because as an analogy...but on offence, it
> was so far flung I didn't think it was worth commenting on.

You're starting to see the stupidity of your argument but are now trying to
deflect it on to me...

Well I suppose you're half way there.

Yes, if your assumptions about people is alright in your world then my
assumption about you is completely justified...

>>> you seem almost offended. strange.
>>
>> I agree it is strange that you would think that.
>>
>>> if intellectuals are assumed to be people who actually ask questions
>>> about society...then yes I probably do.
>>
>> Everybody does that so it's nothing to do with being an
>> 'intellectual' so please try again...
>>
>>> if it's got anything to do
>>> with the amount of time they have spent at university

>> What?
>>
>>> and hey, career aspirations are usually a reasonably decent
>>> reflection on a person.
>>
>> So someone who wants to be a CEO = Good, someone happy with being a
>> mechanic for someone elses company = Bad?
>
> your going off on a serious tangent, mate.

That's not a tangent at all and you didn't answer the question.

Cos360°

Jan 21, 2006, 3:53:14 PM1/21/06

> On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 23:53:22 +1100, "Cos360°"
> <kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:
>

>>that's quite simply absurd. to assume that I have been trying to 'escape'
>>anything my adult life...rests solely on the premise that you actually
>>know
>>me. and you don't.
>
> as is commenting on someone's immigrant status based on how much they
> post on a message board... but that's right - you didn't assume that!
> you made this deduction from facts... which you've still to reveal to
> us...
>
> A to the L

don't start

yes it was an opinion...but nothing you have done before or after has
actually changed my opinion. you seem to fit that exact mode...

but hey, I might be wrong...but I very much doubt it.

- Kwaj

Cos360°

Jan 21, 2006, 4:01:41 PM1/21/06

"Wasteland Drifter" <wastelan...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

well, then...would could probably never make assumptions at all, I guess.

yes yes yes...I see where your going with this.
let-him-put-forth-a-statement and then throw it right back it him with the
most illogical conclusions.

>>> Are you really suggesting that people in rural China were sat there
>>> going "I don't know where our next meal's coming from but thank fuck
>>> the borders with Japan are closed"?

>>> Your silence on this point speaks volumes.
>>
>> no I didn't comment on it because as an analogy...but on offence, it
>> was so far flung I didn't think it was worth commenting on.
>
> You're starting to see the stupidity of your argument but are now trying
> to deflect it on to me...

not at all. my conclusions were reasonably pragmatic. your Osama analogy,
not.

> Well I suppose you're half way there.

haven't even starte to work out where your coming from. I doubt even get how
your putting your argument together...which makes me realise your not...

yes...that would be true though. I guess on both instances however they are
merely assumptions, whether we both use a valid set of premises to support
our conclusions is another matter.

>>> I agree it is strange that you would think that.

>>> Everybody does that so it's nothing to do with being an
>>> 'intellectual' so please try again...

>>> What?

>>> So someone who wants to be a CEO = Good, someone happy with being a
>>> mechanic for someone elses company = Bad?
>>
>> your going off on a serious tangent, mate.
>
> That's not a tangent at all and you didn't answer the question.

no it's a tangent. you start raising specific professions and
occupations...you have lost the complete point of my argument.

Cos360°

Jan 21, 2006, 4:05:48 PM1/21/06

"Wasteland Drifter" <wastelan...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

come to think of it, you make about as much sense as alan, on a good day.

- Kwaj

bse

Jan 21, 2006, 4:13:56 PM1/21/06
"STRATEGY" <Strat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > How many Chinese people do you know?
>

> none, but he's seen "Chinese Connection" (Fists of Fury) several times.
>
> If that doesn't prove it, I don't know what does..

Is that one of the Bruce Li ones?

mattmatical

Jan 21, 2006, 4:28:41 PM1/21/06
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 08:01:41 +1100, "Cos360°" wrote:

>haven't even starte to work out where your coming from. I doubt even get how
>your putting your argument together...which makes me realise your not...

I wish you kids would realize that in a debate that you are hoping
to win you can't afford the luxury of omitting entire words.

Matt

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 21, 2006, 4:35:14 PM1/21/06
Cos360° wrote:

> come to think of it, you make about as much sense as alan, on a good
> day.

Cheers.

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 21, 2006, 4:34:22 PM1/21/06

'Illogical conclusions' because you either don't want to admit you've fucked
up or you just don't get it...

Neither paint a good picture of you.

>>> no I didn't comment on it because as an analogy...but on offence, it
>>> was so far flung I didn't think it was worth commenting on.
>>
>> You're starting to see the stupidity of your argument but are now
>> trying to deflect it on to me...
>
> not at all. my conclusions were reasonably pragmatic. your Osama
> analogy, not.

You're trying to talk for over a billion people based on talking to 5 people
and reading a few things.

That's exactly the same as judging the entire Muslim population based upon
the statements of a few people.

Not hard to work out is it?

>> Well I suppose you're half way there.
>>
> haven't even starte to work out where your coming from. I doubt even
> get how your putting your argument together...which makes me realise
> your not...

LOL

And you refuse to give any set of premises for your conclusions so I
wouldn't try standing on any sort of moral high ground on this point if I
were you.

>>> your going off on a serious tangent, mate.
>>
>> That's not a tangent at all and you didn't answer the question.
>
> no it's a tangent. you start raising specific professions and
> occupations...you have lost the complete point of my argument.

Examples of career aspirations...

For fucksake, you're an excellent example of why kids shouldn't go to
University.

A to the L

Jan 21, 2006, 4:49:06 PM1/21/06

wrong about WHAT? you still haven't grown a set of balls big enough to
explain

a) what loophole I've exploited in the immigration process, and
b) how you've arrived at the fact that I'm a cultural and financial
leech based on the amount of posts I make on a newsgroup...

so once again, I await your reply...

Cos360°

Jan 21, 2006, 9:38:04 PM1/21/06

>> no it's a tangent. you start raising specific professions and
>> occupations...you have lost the complete point of my argument.
>
> Examples of career aspirations...
>
> For fucksake, you're an excellent example of why kids shouldn't go to
> University.
> --
> Wasteland Drifter

sure. gotcha!!

Cos360°

Jan 21, 2006, 9:38:22 PM1/21/06

> Cos360° wrote:
>>
>> come to think of it, you make about as much sense as alan, on a good
>> day.
>
> Cheers.

I thought it summed it up quite nicely

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 22, 2006, 6:40:16 AM1/22/06

Well done in dodging every question put to you...