IDLEWILD opinion

Um Jammer NATTY

Aug 15, 2006, 12:04:01 PM8/15/06
I'm enjoying this. I was a little worried at first, thinking it was
going to be more of a compilation/soundtrack, but it's not. It is an
Outkast album, and solid like any. Don't exactly know where I'd put it
yet (better than TLB/SB, maybe better than STANKONIA -Retail- the leak
was ill.) Not as good as my two favorites (SOUTHERNPLAYALISTIC and the
DF album.) Probably not as good as AQUEMENI and ATLiens. Still, this
is some solid Outkast funk for ya'.

I got a little teary-eyed (nh- okay, a little homo) when I started to
relaize that this LP/Movie an extended farewell from 'Twan and Dre as
a unit; and although it gets a little tired that the majority of the
lyrics are about their break-up - it works and is powerful.

Weezy steals the show on "Hollywood Divorce." I think it's another
landmark to 'Kast's depth, enlisting Wayne and Snoop (who both have had
some rough times with their original cliques) to join them in a song
about mass media pollution of true art.

Musically, Organized Noise/Earthtone stay consistent. I thought I
wouldn't like the blues/vaudeville style beat - but they all work, and
the little electro/AFX touches are platinum. I'm not really into that
marching band track, I think more "Snappin and Trappin" style beats
would have complimented the sniper flow... still, I am almost always
willing to accept Organised's decisions - as they continue to create
modern day funk music in the style of George, Bootsy, Eddie, Bernie and
Tiki... The anti-war track at the end is strikingly similar to "Why
Lord" or "March to the Witche's Castle" (Osmium and Cosmic Slop
respectively for any who don't know) and it works so well.

I like the fact that they cut a track showing that, even though they've
pretty much split, they're children play together and therefore the
Dungeon Family remains a family. I don't like that for the most part -
it seems that there's a Big Boi camp and Andre - and even in tracks
theat they both rap - they seem very seperated.

I take back any disrespectful statements made about Andre - he's as
good as ever- and I'll gladly check out any future solo projects - but
I do like 'twan better.

I guess this is goodbye... and I'm sort of sad. I almost feel like
they should look at the Ramones, who hated each other shortly after
their third lp, yet managed to release at least two of their best lps
(END OF THE CENTURY, SUBTERRANEAN JUNGLE) as bitter enemies.

DAF

buggzy650

Aug 15, 2006, 10:11:47 PM8/15/06
Myspace has a sneak preview of the album posted. The only catch is that
you can't skip through the tracks; you have to hear each one in its
entirety before going to the next. I listened to the first 8 joints
last night, and while musically and lyrically it falls in line with
their previous work, I was disappointed to find that of the first 8
tracks, Big Boi and Dre only appear on the same track once. It seems
like the claim that this would be a 'joint album' is only from the
standpoint that it is one disc featuring both Dre and 'Twan. I'm sure
they came to a concensus on the themes and beats as well; but through 8
tracks it hardly seems like there was much joint work in the studio.

Buggzy

360

Aug 15, 2006, 11:37:08 PM8/15/06
the album is sounding a little under-produced to me (at the moment
anyway...have only listened to it a couple of times).

I am a little worried about the way in which the album was put together as
well, they did the movie first and made the soundtrack [in essence] for the
movie. this would seem to stiffle creativity a little (Big Boi in an article
I read, stated that if he were to do it again...the movie would have come
after the album).

but I'll listen to a couple more times. it's definetly sounding like an
outkast album though.
"Um Jammer NATTY" <dfmck...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Stepping Electric Razor

Aug 16, 2006, 7:41:46 AM8/16/06
"Um Jammer NATTY" <dfmck...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> I'm enjoying this. I was a little worried at first, thinking it was
> going to be more of a compilation/soundtrack, but it's not. It is an
> Outkast album, and solid like any. Don't exactly know where I'd put it
> yet (better than TLB/SB, maybe better than STANKONIA -Retail- the leak
> was ill.) Not as good as my two favorites (SOUTHERNPLAYALISTIC and the

Can anyone post the leaked version? I can't find it anywhere, Kwaj was
supposed to up it years ago but never did...supposedly bombs over baghdad
was a different version?

--
"Snatch off your wifebeater - and wipe my ass with it!" - Motion Man

boumtje

Aug 16, 2006, 9:26:16 AM8/16/06

Stepping Electric Razor wrote:
> "Um Jammer NATTY" <dfmck...@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
> > I'm enjoying this. I was a little worried at first, thinking it was
> > going to be more of a compilation/soundtrack, but it's not. It is an
> > Outkast album, and solid like any. Don't exactly know where I'd put it
> > yet (better than TLB/SB, maybe better than STANKONIA -Retail- the leak
> > was ill.) Not as good as my two favorites (SOUTHERNPLAYALISTIC and the
>

> Can anyone post the leaked version? I can't find it anywhere, Kwaj was
> supposed to up it years ago but never did...supposedly bombs over baghdad
> was a different version?

it's been posted...look down a few threads

Um Jammer NATTY

Aug 16, 2006, 10:53:09 AM8/16/06

360 wrote:

> I am a little worried about the way in which the album was put together as
> well, they did the movie first and made the soundtrack [in essence] for the
> movie. this would seem to stiffle creativity a little (Big Boi in an article
> I read, stated that if he were to do it again...the movie would have come
> after the album).

I'd say if you want to hear production, throw on some earphones. It's
got all those great sublte touches that an Outkast LP should have.
True, the sound is a little minimal - but I think they were going for
that. It's a sountrack, and it sounds like one. Andre has been toying
with glitch and click hop for the past three albums, and the depth of
this album reminds me of good glitch - it's really in the mixing and
the way the sounds work with each other. As I sadi, I really like how
the gospel and blues influence are always fused with more electronica
glitch sounds.

DAF

fatboy_...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 2006, 3:07:50 PM8/16/06
I find myself mostly in line with big D here. I think the album is a
little less cohesive than he does, the disjointed nature of it belies
it's mostly "soundtrack" nature. A lot of that old ragtime shit is
serviceable, and walks the tightrope between valid track and corny
clown music a lot better than they did on "The Whole World" from a
couple years ago. They refined it and got it down--mostly.

This is also the first Outkast album where my initial favorite track
barely has ANY Outkast on it. Two verses from Big Boi, and then Janelle
Monae takes over completely. And it works REAL well. I wouldn't have
thought the old ragtime jazzy influenced tracks would work this well,
and it ends up working better than anything else on the album. This is
the shit that Aguilera is trying to reach for on her overheated,
dramatically bland album, and Organized Noise pulls it off effortlessly
on "Call the Law"

Hollywood Divorce is nice almost SOLELY for the acidic venom Big spits
at the internet in his verse. And it's some really, REALLY bitter shit
that has a lot more emotion in it than damn near anything else on the
album. Big O is some pretty fun shit, as is N2U, but I've always had a
weak spot for pimpish shit. Which might explain my liking Peaches as
much as I do, solely for tossing in a "Cusswords" reference and sample
perfectly. And Chronomentrophobia is some smooth shit, I got no
problems with that Worrell-like slice.

MACY GRAY SHOULD BE FUCKING OUTLAWED. I'm serious, it should be
felonious for any artist to put her wide-mouth bass ass on a fuckin
album in any way, shape, or form. That track she's on is like a black
hole of inept suckage that is tugging at everything else and
threatening to pull the album down with it. This could possibly be the
worst Outkast track ever.

Overall, it's a fun listening experience. It's definitely lower on the
list of Outkast's albums, more "Beats Rhymes and Life" and less
"People's Instinctive Travels" but if you're gonna go out, go out like
this. I won't mind seeing them go, either, a I've felt Big Boi
surpassed Dre long ago and is making some of the best pure hip-hop on
shelves recently anyway, without Dre's influence creeping in.

nesta

Aug 16, 2006, 6:59:04 PM8/16/06

fatboy_...@yahoo.com wrote:

> MACY GRAY SHOULD BE FUCKING OUTLAWED.

amen.

360

Aug 16, 2006, 8:17:56 PM8/16/06
he's talking about the the advance of Stankonia...which I indicated I was
goint to post up here a while back.

"boumtje" <bou...@gmail.com> wrote in message

360

Aug 16, 2006, 8:20:23 PM8/16/06

<fatboy_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
nice post

boumtje

Aug 16, 2006, 11:14:00 PM8/16/06

360 wrote:
> he's talking about the the advance of Stankonia...which I indicated I was
> goint to post up here a while back.

obviously...i'm an idiot

suntzu

Aug 17, 2006, 3:31:43 AM8/17/06
Um Jammer NATTY wrote:
> I'm enjoying this. I was a little worried at first, thinking it was
> going to be more of a compilation/soundtrack, but it's not. It is an
> Outkast album, and solid like any. Don't exactly know where I'd put it

yeah, i'm about halfway through, and i'd pretty much agree w/ that. it
does feel like a soundtrack at times, but not overly so.

> yet (better than TLB/SB, maybe better than STANKONIA -Retail- the leak
> was ill.) Not as good as my two favorites (SOUTHERNPLAYALISTIC and the
> DF album.) Probably not as good as AQUEMENI and ATLiens. Still, this
> is some solid Outkast funk for ya'.

i guess everyone's got a different ranking =).

> I got a little teary-eyed (nh- okay, a little homo) when I started to
> relaize that this LP/Movie an extended farewell from 'Twan and Dre as
> a unit; and although it gets a little tired that the majority of the
> lyrics are about their break-up - it works and is powerful.

yeah, this makes me wonder what's happening/happened with "the hard
ten". will that happen? has it happened? did they ever start on it?

it's too bad.

> Weezy steals the show on "Hollywood Divorce." I think it's another
> landmark to 'Kast's depth, enlisting Wayne and Snoop (who both have had
> some rough times with their original cliques) to join them in a song
> about mass media pollution of true art.

yeah, i kinda forgot about that song after i listened to the leak a few
days ago, but after relistening tonight, i'm really liking it.

> Musically, Organized Noise/Earthtone stay consistent. I thought I
> wouldn't like the blues/vaudeville style beat - but they all work, and
> the little electro/AFX touches are platinum.

definitely. i'm actually on "buggface" right now, and "AFX touches" is
a good way of putting it for that one. dope track.

> I'm not really into that
> marching band track, I think more "Snappin and Trappin" style beats
> would have complimented the sniper flow...

man, that's my favorite track so far, hands down, i listened to that
probably 3 or 4 times a day for a week after it leaked. i'm generally
not a fan of marching bands or marching band elements in hip-hop songs,
but there's just something about that track that works really well. and
i'm not usually that into the chorus, but i really really like the
chorus on that track.

> still, I am almost always
> willing to accept Organised's decisions - as they continue to create
> modern day funk music in the style of George, Bootsy, Eddie, Bernie and
> Tiki... The anti-war track at the end is strikingly similar to "Why
> Lord" or "March to the Witche's Castle" (Osmium and Cosmic Slop
> respectively for any who don't know) and it works so well.
>
> I like the fact that they cut a track showing that, even though they've
> pretty much split, they're children play together and therefore the
> Dungeon Family remains a family. I don't like that for the most part -
> it seems that there's a Big Boi camp and Andre - and even in tracks
> theat they both rap - they seem very seperated.
>
> I take back any disrespectful statements made about Andre - he's as
> good as ever- and I'll gladly check out any future solo projects - but
> I do like 'twan better.

i still couldn't really pick a favorite overall. i guess i've liked big
boi's stuff more overall on the this one and the last one, although even
on those, andre's provided the production on a few of my favorite tracks
from these two (ghettomusick, morris brown, church), as well as some
really excellent moments of his own (the entire mid-section and last
track of TLB). but considering all the albums, i definitely couldn't
pick a favorite.

> I guess this is goodbye... and I'm sort of sad. I almost feel like
> they should look at the Ramones, who hated each other shortly after
> their third lp, yet managed to release at least two of their best lps
> (END OF THE CENTURY, SUBTERRANEAN JUNGLE) as bitter enemies.

yeah, it is sort of sad, probably the most disappointing event in music
in recent memory for me. i really don't know much at all about the
ramones, but it would be nice if they still worked together and w/ other
dungeon fam members in at least some capacity. it seems like dre is
still at least into doing some production, a lot of which i think is
really really dope. so i'm holding out hope that he'll at least be
behind the boards some.

> DAF

suntzu

Aug 17, 2006, 3:33:43 AM8/17/06
buggzy650 wrote:
> Myspace has a sneak preview of the album posted. The only catch is that
> you can't skip through the tracks; you have to hear each one in its
> entirety before going to the next. I listened to the first 8 joints
> last night, and while musically and lyrically it falls in line with
> their previous work, I was disappointed to find that of the first 8
> tracks, Big Boi and Dre only appear on the same track once. It seems
> like the claim that this would be a 'joint album' is only from the
> standpoint that it is one disc featuring both Dre and 'Twan. I'm sure
> they came to a concensus on the themes and beats as well; but through 8
> tracks it hardly seems like there was much joint work in the studio.

"morris brown" was produced by dre, even though he doesn't rap or sing
on it. so they're at least working together in that sense.

suntzu

Aug 17, 2006, 3:42:23 AM8/17/06
fatboy_...@yahoo.com wrote:

> MACY GRAY SHOULD BE FUCKING OUTLAWED. I'm serious, it should be
> felonious for any artist to put her wide-mouth bass ass on a fuckin
> album in any way, shape, or form. That track she's on is like a black
> hole of inept suckage that is tugging at everything else and
> threatening to pull the album down with it. This could possibly be the
> worst Outkast track ever.

erykah would've been dope on this track. really dope.

definitely not the worst outkast track/misstep on an outkast album.
macy gray is no "mamacita" chorus (IMO, at least).

> Overall, it's a fun listening experience. It's definitely lower on the
> list of Outkast's albums, more "Beats Rhymes and Life" and less
> "People's Instinctive Travels" but if you're gonna go out, go out like
> this. I won't mind seeing them go, either, a I've felt Big Boi
> surpassed Dre long ago and is making some of the best pure hip-hop on
> shelves recently anyway, without Dre's influence creeping in.

yeah, but when they balance each other out, they make some of the best
almost-pure-but-not-quite (and at times pretty much not) hip-hop on the
shelves.

suntzu

Aug 17, 2006, 3:54:18 AM8/17/06
Um Jammer NATTY wrote:

> Musically, Organized Noise/Earthtone stay consistent. I thought I
> wouldn't like the blues/vaudeville style beat - but they all work, and
> the little electro/AFX touches are platinum. I'm not really into that

speaking of non-hip-hop similarities, "a bad note" has a kind of
mogwai-ish thing going on at times.

360

Aug 17, 2006, 7:35:59 AM8/17/06

"suntzu" <sun...@freeshell.notpartoftheaddress.org> wrote in message

> fatboy_...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> MACY GRAY SHOULD BE FUCKING OUTLAWED. I'm serious, it should be
>> felonious for any artist to put her wide-mouth bass ass on a fuckin
>> album in any way, shape, or form. That track she's on is like a black
>> hole of inept suckage that is tugging at everything else and
>> threatening to pull the album down with it. This could possibly be the
>> worst Outkast track ever.
>>

> erykah would've been dope on this track. really dope.
>
> definitely not the worst outkast track/misstep on an outkast album. macy
> gray is no "mamacita" chorus (IMO, at least).

was waiting for the "mamacita" comparison. single-handledly the most hated
outkast song ever

360

Aug 17, 2006, 8:07:36 AM8/17/06

<fatboy_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I find myself mostly in line with big D here. I think the album is a
> little less cohesive than he does, the disjointed nature of it belies
> it's mostly "soundtrack" nature.

"belie"?? wouldn't a disjointed nature be consistent with the way in which
most soundtraccks are put together. I'd dareday this is probably a little
more consistent a OST than most soundtracks I have heard.

> This is also the first Outkast album where my initial favorite track
> barely has ANY Outkast on it. Two verses from Big Boi, and then Janelle
> Monae takes over completely. And it works REAL well. I wouldn't have
> thought the old ragtime jazzy influenced tracks would work this well,
> and it ends up working better than anything else on the album. This is
> the shit that Aguilera is trying to reach for on her overheated,
> dramatically bland album, and Organized Noise pulls it off effortlessly
> on "Call the Law"
>
> Hollywood Divorce is nice almost SOLELY for the acidic venom Big spits
> at the internet in his verse.

it's interesting you use the word "venom". it's the exact phrase I used...I
suspect unconciously after having read your post the first time.
interesting.

And it's some really, REALLY bitter shit
> that has a lot more emotion in it than damn near anything else on the
> album. Big O is some pretty fun shit, as is N2U, but I've always had a
> weak spot for pimpish shit. Which might explain my liking Peaches as
> much as I do, solely for tossing in a "Cusswords" reference and sample
> perfectly. And Chronomentrophobia is some smooth shit, I got no
> problems with that Worrell-like slice.

I thought the use of artists off the purple ribbon label was interesting,
specifically the aritists which Boi choose to include. No Bubba (who I
thought would have fitted nicely on a couple of tracks), no Konkrete...a lot
of Janelle and Scar though.

> MACY GRAY SHOULD BE FUCKING OUTLAWED. I'm serious, it should be
> felonious for any artist to put her wide-mouth bass ass on a fuckin
> album in any way, shape, or form. That track she's on is like a black
> hole of inept suckage that is tugging at everything else and
> threatening to pull the album down with it. This could possibly be the
> worst Outkast track ever.

bit harsh. macy is ok on the right beats...not sure this is it but she ain't
that bad.

> Overall, it's a fun listening experience. It's definitely lower on the
> list of Outkast's albums, more "Beats Rhymes and Life" and less
> "People's Instinctive Travels" but if you're gonna go out, go out like
> this. I won't mind seeing them go, either, a I've felt Big Boi
> surpassed Dre long ago and is making some of the best pure hip-hop on
> shelves recently anyway, without Dre's influence creeping in.

not feeling the album yet...hoping it will grow on me

Um Jammer NATTY

Aug 17, 2006, 11:36:53 AM8/17/06

I was just using AFX as a landmark. honestly, after another listen, a
majority of the production sounds like a (better) more soul-infused
version of American electronica, like Cex and FourTet.

DAF

Um Jammer NATTY

Aug 17, 2006, 11:38:13 AM8/17/06
Damn... now I wish Outkast would produce more albums, if it means that
old regulars, turned lurkers will come up for vitual air!

Good to see your alive Fatty!

DAF

Um Jammer NATTY

Aug 17, 2006, 11:42:36 AM8/17/06

suntzu wrote:

> yeah, it is sort of sad, probably the most disappointing event in music
> in recent memory for me. i really don't know much at all about the
> ramones, but it would be nice if they still worked together and w/ other
> dungeon fam members in at least some capacity. it seems like dre is
> still at least into doing some production, a lot of which i think is
> really really dope. so i'm holding out hope that he'll at least be
> behind the boards some.

I think we can expect to see them collaborate on each others efforts
fa' sheezy! I'll use the obvious P-Funk corralation, even after George
and Bootsty left Funkadelic, everyone continued to work together in at
least a session aspect.

Sadly, I thought of P-Funk immediately, and although George released
some classics when he went solo, shit like "Loopzilla" "Atomic Dog" and
even "Quickie" never do it for me like some "America Eats Its Young,"
"Up for the Down Stroke" or "Motor Booty Affair" do :(

DAF

suntzu

Aug 17, 2006, 12:15:17 PM8/17/06

and it's really just the chorus. the rest of the song is fine.

A to the L

Aug 17, 2006, 6:40:37 PM8/17/06
On 15 Aug 2006 09:04:01 -0700, "Um Jammer NATTY"
<dfmck...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Am I the only one here who doesn't really care about this new Outkast
album? The joints I've heard from it (including Hollywood Divorce)
have been pretty boring overall.

Its been a long boring summer overall in terms of decent new releases
- bring on the winter...

A to the L

"there is no scientific term for the back of the knee."
"if someone made a pie with lil jon's face baked on it that would be amazing"
"A 1 A - BEACHFRONT AVENUE!!!"
Contradictory Hiphop truth with a bitter and twisted attitude
http://www.altrap.com

buggzy650

Aug 17, 2006, 7:55:33 PM8/17/06
I won't mind seeing them go, either, a I've felt Big Boi
> surpassed Dre long ago and is making some of the best pure hip-hop on
> shelves recently anyway, without Dre's influence creeping in.

Big Boi has been bringing some serious heat since (and including)
Speakerbox. He seems to have put it all together. I still prefer Andre
in his *hip-hop* prime, but that is obviously no longer an option.

The breakup of Outkast will sting, because they've been one of my two
favorite hip-hop groups for quite a while. I was 16 when they dropped
Southernplayalistic, and I've gotten my hands on everything they've
dropped since then. But really, even if they stay together, it wouldn't
be that dope Outkast shit anymore.

My other top hip-hop group? Pharcyde. So I'm no stranger to these
breakups. Neither is hip-hop, of course.

And yes, N2U is a dope track. I'm liking Peaches too, which reminds me
of Unhappy from Speakerbox.

Buggzy

360

Aug 17, 2006, 9:01:45 PM8/17/06

"A to the L" <ato...@gmail.comODE> wrote in message

sounds like you just might be. as has been previously mentioned, it even
brought out the lurkers.

STRATEGY

Aug 17, 2006, 10:37:23 PM8/17/06

no

> sounds like you just might be.

no

> as has been previously mentioned, it even
> brought out the lurkers.

yes

STRATEGY

suntzu

Aug 17, 2006, 11:12:21 PM8/17/06

haven't heard any cex, but i'm a pretty big four tet fan, and i'd still
say aphex is a closer comparison... i guess i was reminded of his
"hangable auto bulb" style stuff, but with a tempo that's a fair bit
slower. but this is after last night's initial listening, having had
listened to "hangable auto bulb" earlier in the day at work, so that
could be why it jumped to mind.

the mogwai comparison was because "a bad note" has that kind of dramatic
distorted guitar and bass drone thing that mogwai uses a lot of the
time. the mogwai comparison doesn't apply to the vocals at all.
actually, since you seem to have a lot more knowledge of rock music than
i do, i'm guessing you could come up with a more apt comparison than
mogwai, some band that influenced mogwai, maybe =).

> DAF

suntzu

Aug 17, 2006, 11:14:28 PM8/17/06

"peaches" is pretty good, but "unhappy" is maybe my favorite track off
sb/tlb ("ghettomusick" and "a day in the live" would be the only other
real contenders).

> Buggzy

buggzy650

Aug 18, 2006, 2:30:34 PM8/18/06
> "peaches" is pretty good, but "unhappy" is maybe my favorite track off
> sb/tlb ("ghettomusick" and "a day in the live" would be the only other
> real contenders).

Unhappy is easily my favorite track off of SB/TLB as well, although Big
Boi really did bring some nice joints on that album overall.
Unfortunately both discs have too much "blah" in between the nice
joints to rank very high on my Outkast list:

1) ATLiens and Southernplayalistic (interchangeably depending on the
day of the week)
3) Aquemini
4) Stankonia
5) SB/TLB

Idlewild, of course, remains to be seen.

I never really noticed until I just ranked 'em, but their quality of
work has gotten steadily worse IMO since the first two joints. I would
still rank Aquemini very high among my favorite albums by *any* artist,
but to me it was a notch below their first two gems.

>From what I've heard so far, Idlewild will probably end up ranking
above SB/TLB, the only problem being that it seems like more of a Big
Boi and 'Dre compilation than an Outkast album, from the perspective
that they hardly appear together.

Buggzy

TJ Xenos

Aug 18, 2006, 5:13:35 PM8/18/06

pretty much co-sign all of this, except I generally consider TLB and SB
to be seperate albums, and rate SB much higher.

360

Aug 18, 2006, 6:33:41 PM8/18/06

"buggzy650" <bugg...@comcast.net> wrote in message

>> "peaches" is pretty good, but "unhappy" is maybe my favorite track off
>> sb/tlb ("ghettomusick" and "a day in the live" would be the only other
>> real contenders).
>
> Unhappy is easily my favorite track off of SB/TLB as well, although Big
> Boi really did bring some nice joints on that album overall.
> Unfortunately both discs have too much "blah" in between the nice
> joints to rank very high on my Outkast list:
>
> 1) ATLiens and Southernplayalistic (interchangeably depending on the
> day of the week)
> 3) Aquemini
> 4) Stankonia
> 5) SB/TLB

I've always thought that Southerplayalistic as highly overrated. It's not a
bad album but it's nowhere near their best. I can play all the other albums
with skipping tracks...southernplayalistic is about half-listenable imo.

suntzu

Aug 18, 2006, 10:54:49 PM8/18/06
buggzy650 wrote:
>> "peaches" is pretty good, but "unhappy" is maybe my favorite track off
>> sb/tlb ("ghettomusick" and "a day in the live" would be the only other
>> real contenders).
>
> Unhappy is easily my favorite track off of SB/TLB as well, although Big
> Boi really did bring some nice joints on that album overall.
> Unfortunately both discs have too much "blah" in between the nice
> joints to rank very high on my Outkast list:
>
> 1) ATLiens and Southernplayalistic (interchangeably depending on the
> day of the week)
> 3) Aquemini
> 4) Stankonia
> 5) SB/TLB

for me it's:
1) aquemini
2) atliens, southernplayalistic
4) stankonia, sb/tlb

actually, i probably like atliens a little more than
southernplayalistic, but they're pretty close.

TJ Xenos

Aug 19, 2006, 6:11:49 AM8/19/06

wow. just wow.

360

Aug 19, 2006, 11:45:33 PM8/19/06

"TJ Xenos" <talv...@aol.com> wrote in message

It's a bit too pragmatic a sound for me...personally. anyway...nuff said.