Funny Audience Tapes

Zack Kelley

Nov 4, 1994, 12:53:43 PM11/4/94
Hey -

I like this thread. Let me toss in a couple of my own.

I have a Weir/Wasserman tape from Empire Court in Syracuse, NY from 1991
(I was at the show, Hot Tuna opened) and there are a few gems on the tape.
Presumably, there is more audience talking on this tape since taping was
not allowed and the mikes were hand held at a lower height than if they
were on stands.

At one point in the show this woman comes right up by the mikes and says
something like "I couldn't find you guys - I was totally, totally, lost"
and then she proceeds to giggle away for about the next 15 seconds.

Later in the show in a quieter song (KC Moan I think), this guy comes by
and says "hey check it out - I just bought ten bucks of fuckin' beer
tickets" to which his buddy replies "all right man."

Later in the tape you hear a guy say "thanks man" and then cough a coupel
of times. Hmmmmmm........ :-)

I also heard a tape from the same tour but at Darien Lake Amphitheater
where the guy holding the mikes is trying to pick up a woman at the show.
This is a funny tape because he tries every single imaginable combination
of lines. Eventually he strikes out. I guess that it was even funnier to
me since I knew the guy that was Heismanned :-) :-).

Naturally we all have the occasional tape with a WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
or a JERRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :-)

Still, one of my favorites is on the Jerry Garcia Band Live CD where at
the end of The Way You Do the Things You Do and just before Waiting for a
Miracle begins some guy in the crowd yells out "WE LOVE YOU JERRY!!!"

I posted that up a few months ago and got lots of responses from people
that had heard it also. Check it out if you haven't heard it. It is a
trip. You have to turn your stereo up to about 9, but it is there.

peace,

zack, who never knew that a Betty Board copy of 5/8/77 could be used to
try and get a date.

Matt Freeman

Nov 4, 1994, 3:06:30 PM11/4/94
Zack Kelley (John.Z...@cc.gettysburg.edu) wrote:

--> Still, one of my favorites is on the Jerry Garcia Band Live CD where at
--> the end of The Way You Do the Things You Do and just before Waiting for a
--> Miracle begins some guy in the crowd yells out "WE LOVE YOU JERRY!!!"

--> You have to turn your stereo up to about 9, but it is there.

It is much easier to hear with headphones, and you don't have to kill
your ears to do it.
--
Matt Freeman
Space and Atmospheric Sciences (NIS-1)
URL> http://sst.lanl.gov/~matt

John Seeman

Nov 4, 1994, 10:51:11 AM11/4/94
Those Deadheads say the darnedest things.

I was just reading a post about people asking about audience
where the folks close to the taper are heard talking on the tape.

I have one tape of a Jerry show where you hear Jerry open with
Gommorrah (acoustic). Two guys near the taper are argueing about
a seat. The sound wasn't quite right so you hear the guys more then
Jerry. You hear them talk about tickets, say "hey man, this MY seat"
then a little movement.

In the meantime they finally get the sound right and you hear

Jerry sing: "I heard a voice tellin' me to flee"

Then the guy says really loud: "Get the F--K outta here man"

A Classic.

John Seeman University of South Florida
see...@groucho.bsn.usf.edu Information Systems - CIS 2006
(813)-974-6751 4202 East Fowler Ave.
"One man gathers what another man spills"-gd Tampa, Florida 33617