The Last Word on This "The Dead" tour

Dave Kelly

Apr 13, 2009, 12:11:46 PM4/13/09
Would you pay to see the Stones without Keef?
How about Crazy Horse with no Neil Young?...
Hot Tuna without Jorma?....Crimson with no Fripp?
I saw last nights setlist...looks great...except......
Jerry Garcia isn't there. I dont give a goddamn how the
rhythm section handled "Shakedown Street"
Ya cant go back again, folks. Move the fuck on.
Please.

Dan...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2009, 12:50:13 PM4/13/09

One mans fun is another mans nightmare and that's just the fucking way
it is.

Stu

Apr 13, 2009, 12:54:47 PM4/13/09

Oh, you mean Jerry Garcia, the heroin addicted, sleepy, lyric forgetting,
pasty, nodding white guy who used to front the band? The guy when given a
choice between the Band and his pipe, chose the pipe?

As much as I love and loved Jerry, at the end it was pathetic...I refused to
go to the '95 shows since I didn't want to get depressed. The '94 shows were
bad enough.

Get on with your life...ain't no time to hate...todays energy is much better
and fresher. If you would like to "MOVE ON", what's to stop you? Ain't
nobody pulling at your pants begging you to buy a ticket. Who is going back?
The Band moves forward, I believe it is your personal expectations that are
backward looking. And hey, everyone who wants to stay home because ticket
prices are too high or Jerry ain't there, God Bless Ya, means there will be
better seats for those of us who still want to go.

Move the fuck on? Yes they have. Penn State was smokin. These shows are
gonna be a Phil Phest...and the drummers seem to be right in synch. Mr. Weir
brings a new maturity and his band leading, while funny to watch, keeps
these guys cookin along.

For all you folks who doubt...listen to Penn State or the shows from
3/30...it's today's Dead for todays DeadHeads and I like what I hear. Spend
a hundred bucks on a show, what's that one less eighth of an ounce of pot?
Priorities people. A few less beers for a few more Weirs? (C'mon, that was
good.)

You will find me at the show in DC...poor but happy...and after the show,
poor but ecstatic. Same as in Philly.

There ain't nothin like a Dead show.

Peace,

Stu
"Dave Kelly" <swee...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

JimK

Apr 13, 2009, 12:59:09 PM4/13/09

Thanks for the tip, Don!

But what about CSNY? Without Y, you've still got CSN. Not as good, but
not bad, right?

JimK

Olompali

Apr 13, 2009, 1:18:23 PM4/13/09
On Apr 13, 11:11 am, "Dave Kelly" <sweet...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Would you pay to see the Stones without Keef?

Hmmm...Those Jagger shows with Satch from down under were pretty
effin' good.
RiffHard is a more than a bit of a dottering doofus lately.
So's Wood.
Maybe Sir Mick (whose pipes and moves are that of a 35 year old) could
use
a new, kick ass blues band to showcase his clearly superior abilities
rock 'n roll instead of the constant covering for his drunkard
guitarists giggling goofups.
I'd dig seein' Jagger with say..Bonamassa and band., as his backup.

Message has been deleted

DGDevin

Apr 13, 2009, 1:51:53 PM4/13/09
Dave Kelly wrote:

Are you still crying in your beer over people ignoring your whining about
this tour? Do you really believe that they don't get the fact that Jerry
won't be there, is it really beyond your grasp that they're buying tickets
in the full knowledge of what they're getting for their money? Why is this
such a big deal to you? If you want to stay home and pout, fine, do so. In
the meantime life goes on, and your wailing and moaning over what music
other people enjoy only makes you sound like more of a self-obsessed crank
than usual. Move the fuck on. Please.

octoad

Apr 13, 2009, 2:24:53 PM4/13/09

"Dave Kelly" <swee...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> Would you pay to see the Stones without Keef?

I once paid to see Keef without the Stones. It was pretty good.

> How about Crazy Horse with no Neil Young?...

They toured without him, but I never saw them.

> Hot Tuna without Jorma?...

I could ask the same thing about seeing 2 guys from the Airplane minus
Grace, Paul, Spencer, and Marty. In fact I do ask myself that whenever you
post about how great Hot Tuna is. I never cared for them myself; I liked
the Airplane. What a rip to pay money to see just 2 guys from the band,
and they don't even play the old Airplane songs.

But I did see SVT back in the day. That was Jack, some other guys, and no
Jorma playing punk rock. It was fantastic.

> Crimson with no Fripp?

Wouldn't pay to see Crimson with Fripp.

> I saw last nights setlist...looks great...except......
> Jerry Garcia isn't there. I dont give a goddamn how the
> rhythm section handled "Shakedown Street"
> Ya cant go back again, folks. Move the fuck on.
> Please.

I've seen Ratdog several times over the years and Phil and Friends a couple
of times. I've seen the Other Ones and the Mickey Hart Band.

All were quite enjoyable.

I have no expectation of "going back". I do have an expectation of hearing
some cool old songs and dancing around like a goof with some good friends
after smoking some weed and pounding a few beers.

I fail to see why this tour upsets you so. The same musicians have been
touring almost non-stop in various configurations ever since Jerry died.
The play the same songs. Its the same crowd. The only difference this time
its that its the surviving four once again. Why would that be worse than
Ratdog or Phil and Friends or the Mickey Hart Band? Like I said, I found
those shows enjoyable so why wouldn't I find hanging on the lawn at
Shoreline and dancing to Shakedown enjoyable this time? Almost every band
of that era has lost some major players, its called life (and death).

Its gonna be cool; the surviving four doing the old songs one more time
before they all keel over. I'll have a good time and will be able to say I
was there.

Nothing wrong with good songs, some nostalgia, and a fun day outside on the
lawn.

marcman

Apr 13, 2009, 3:03:55 PM4/13/09

Yeah, but still, no Jerry.

"Dave Kelly" <sweet...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> > Would you pay to see the Stones without Keef?
> > How about Crazy Horse with no Neil Young?...
> > Hot Tuna without Jorma?....Crimson with no Fripp?
> > I saw last nights setlist...looks great...except......
> > Jerry Garcia isn't there. I dont give a goddamn how the
> > rhythm section handled "Shakedown Street"
> > Ya cant go back again, folks. Move the fuck on.

> > Please.- Hide quoted text -

marcman

Apr 13, 2009, 3:12:23 PM4/13/09
On Apr 13, 2:24 pm, "octoad" <davk...@sonic.net> wrote:
> "Dave Kelly" <sweet...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Without Jerry, it's like a revival. Hey I think it's great, but I
think the other side of the argument is mostly centered around whether
or not this is the Grateful Dead. I know, I know, they're simply
billed as "The Dead" no doubt out of supreme respect for Jer', but
there's really no logical argument that regardless of the billing,
this band IS today's Grateful Dead, even though billed otherwise.

I can see people taking exception to that, I kinda do myself. For me
it's not an issue so much as simply a feeling. It makes me sad. Oh
well, the shows themselves help, the music always did and still does
make me happy. Just that when the shows are over . . . still . . . no
Jerry.

But I'm completely in agreement with O above, nothing wrong with good

Kirk McElhearn

Apr 13, 2009, 3:14:14 PM4/13/09

That's why it's The Dead, without the Grateful...

Kirk
--
Read my blog, Kirkville
http://www.mcelhearn.com

JimK

Apr 13, 2009, 4:29:52 PM4/13/09

I think it's silly that the band doesn't call itself the Grateful
Dead. What does respect for Jerry have to do with it? It's not like
Jerry left voluntarily or the other members kicked him out, after all.
And it's not like most of the original members aren't in the band
anymore. They've still got three out of four, or four out of six if
you count Mickey as an original. They didn't change the name when Pig
died. Yeah, yeah, we all know that Jerry was the most important one in
the band, but what does that have to do with the name? They should
have stayed the Grateful Dead and if anybody didn't like it, tough
shit.

JimK

octoad

Apr 13, 2009, 4:57:18 PM4/13/09

"JimK" <jkez...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> I think it's silly that the band doesn't call itself the Grateful
> Dead. What does respect for Jerry have to do with it? It's not like
> Jerry left voluntarily or the other members kicked him out, after all.
> And it's not like most of the original members aren't in the band
> anymore. They've still got three out of four, or four out of six if
> you count Mickey as an original. They didn't change the name when Pig
> died. Yeah, yeah, we all know that Jerry was the most important one in
> the band, but what does that have to do with the name? They should
> have stayed the Grateful Dead and if anybody didn't like it, tough
> shit.
>
> JimK

I agree. Keith Moon and Entwistle died and they aren't called The 'Ho or
The Two. Gilmour didn't tour sans Waters as Just Floyd or Pink (coulda
youngerized the audience with that one). And I'm still getting used to that
new guy in the Rolling Stones, but its not like they officially became The
Stones when Brian Jones died.

But the name doesn't matter much either way. Grateful Dead, The Dead, The
Four Horsemen of the Musical Apocaplypse, Grapefruit Ed, its all the same to
me. Just play the songs.

marcman

Apr 13, 2009, 5:06:45 PM4/13/09

I'm thinking they didn't want to. They didn't change the name of the
band when Pig died because they more or less were just getting started
- on a scale of day one to today.

Jerry was more than just a player in the band (although no doubt he
himself would say differently) and likely the rest of the boys agreed
and thus dropped the "Grateful." Probably outta respect for Jerry.

But your point isn't lost that they're techincaly still "The Grateful
Dead".

Just no Jerry.

marcman

Apr 13, 2009, 5:14:31 PM4/13/09
On Apr 13, 4:57 pm, "octoad" <davk...@sonic.net> wrote:
> "JimK" <jkezw...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > I think it's silly that the band doesn't call itself the Grateful
> > Dead. What does respect for Jerry have to do with it? It's not like
> > Jerry left voluntarily or the other members kicked him out, after all.
> > And it's not like most of the original members aren't in the band
> > anymore. They've still got three out of four, or four out of six if
> > you count Mickey as an original. They didn't change the name when Pig
> > died. Yeah, yeah, we all know that Jerry was the most important one in
> > the band, but what does that have to do with the name? They should
> > have stayed the Grateful Dead and if anybody didn't like it, tough
> > shit.
>
> > JimK
>
> I agree.  Keith Moon and Entwistle died and they aren't called The 'Ho or
> The Two.

Keith Moon was a huge cog but he played the drums and as such The Who
more or less sounded the same with Kenny Jones as they did with Moon -
not quite, but more or less. When the singer steps out, especially
someome as integral to the sound on half the catalogue, not to mention
missing his unique brand of guitar-ing, it's just not the same thing.
Still good, but not even as close to the same.

And fwiw, I don't do The Who post Entwistle.

> Gilmour didn't tour sans Waters as Just Floyd or Pink (coulda
> youngerized the audience with that one).  And I'm still getting used to that
> new guy in the Rolling Stones, but its not like they officially became The
> Stones when Brian Jones died.
>
> But the name doesn't matter much either way.  Grateful Dead, The Dead, The
> Four Horsemen of the Musical Apocaplypse, Grapefruit Ed, its all the same to
> me.  Just play the songs.

Not the same to me. But I do agree with you as far as just play the
songs, let's have fun!

Dave Kelly

Apr 13, 2009, 5:16:26 PM4/13/09

"octoad" <dav...@sonic.net> wrote in message

> why wouldn't I find hanging on the lawn at Shoreline and dancing to

> Shakedown enjoyable this time? Nothing wrong with good songs, some

> nostalgia, and a fun day outside on the lawn.
>

> O (brother)

I wouldn't go to Shoreline for a band I WANTED to see.
..AND you're on "the lawn"....a worse scenario I can't fathom.
Why you even bothering, baby?

marcman

Apr 13, 2009, 5:17:49 PM4/13/09

I'd like to add also probably outta respct for all of Jerry's hardcore
fans.

> But your point isn't lost that they're techincaly still "The Grateful
> Dead".
>

> Just no Jerry.- Hide quoted text -

octoad

Apr 13, 2009, 5:38:18 PM4/13/09

> "octoad" <dav...@sonic.net> wrote in message
>
>> why wouldn't I find hanging on the lawn at Shoreline and dancing to
>> Shakedown enjoyable this time? Nothing wrong with good songs, some
>> nostalgia, and a fun day outside on the lawn.
>>
>> O (brother)

LOL.

> I wouldn't go to Shoreline for a band I WANTED to see.
> ..AND you're on "the lawn"....a worse scenario I can't fathom.
> Why you even bothering, baby?

I dunno, man. I've seen the Grateful Dead at Shoreline several times, and
each and every time I was on the lawn and each and every time I had a blast.
One time I even recall getting a BJ under a blanket after the sun went down,
during Throwin' Stones IIRC.

Now tell me why I bother!!!

happycat

Apr 13, 2009, 6:06:39 PM4/13/09

Um, yeah, Jerry wasn't there. Love the man, as much as one can, but
he died back in August '95. He's gone, and not even a resurrected
Dead playing on Easter gonna bring him back. In accepting that, many
of us have moved on.

Still love the songs. Still love the other guys, always have. And
all the hippies under the tie dye sky... it would be far weirder if
they never played at all...

And how weird would it be if they never played any Jerry songs?
How weird would it be if they didnt try new sounds, if instead, they
tried to recreate teh old ones? Leave that to DSO.... the core four
are THE DEAD no denying it.

I think those that can't accept this and complain every time that Phil
or Bobby do a Jerry song are the ones not movin' on. It's like, if
your dad died, and your mom never dated again out of respect for his
memory... that ain't healthy.

I am Grateful the boys are touring as The Dead. May they do so for
many more years.

happycat!
deadheadland.com

happycat

Apr 13, 2009, 6:08:27 PM4/13/09
On Apr 13, 1:57 pm, "octoad" <davk...@sonic.net> wrote:
> "JimK" <jkezw...@comcast.net> wrote in message

The Who should go by The Two. I have called them that for years, and
Pete even makes the joke!

Ken Fortenberry

Apr 13, 2009, 6:17:18 PM4/13/09
JimK wrote:

> I think it's silly that the band doesn't call itself the Grateful
> Dead. What does respect for Jerry have to do with it? ...

Perhaps this is apocryphal but I remember hearing around the time
Jerry died that the band had an agreement the name Grateful Dead
would be retired when any one of the core five passed.

--
Ken Fortenberry

mth...@cox.net

Apr 13, 2009, 6:28:11 PM4/13/09
On Apr 13, 5:38 pm, "octoad" <davk...@sonic.net> wrote:
> "Dave Kelly" <sweet...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> > "octoad" <davk...@sonic.net> wrote in message

> >> why wouldn't I find hanging on the lawn at Shoreline and dancing to
> >> Shakedown enjoyable this time?  Nothing wrong with good songs, some
> >> nostalgia, and a fun day outside on the lawn.
>
> >> O (brother)
>
> LOL.
>
> > I wouldn't go to Shoreline for a band I WANTED to see.
> > ..AND you're on "the lawn"....a worse scenario I can't fathom.
> > Why you even bothering, baby?
>
> I dunno, man.  I've seen the Grateful Dead at Shoreline several times, and
> each and every time I was on the lawn and each and every time I had a blast.
> One time I even recall getting a BJ under a blanket after the sun went down,
> during Throwin' Stones IIRC.

Oh, so you and Sweets have met!

Mark

Message has been deleted

Dave Kelly

Apr 13, 2009, 7:08:00 PM4/13/09

"happycat" <happ...@deadheadland.com> wrote in message

> Still love the other guys, always have.
> And all the hippies under the tie dye sky... it would be far weirder if
> they never played at all...

> happycat!
> deadheadland.com

it's punks like this that made me stop going to shows.

happycat

Apr 13, 2009, 7:35:13 PM4/13/09
On Apr 13, 4:08 pm, "Dave Kelly" <sweet...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "happycat" <happy...@deadheadland.com> wrote in message

Made you? Damn people who like to be happy and joyful and enjoy what
is now....
glad you don't go, such a bummer when people go and complain.

If all you got to live for
is what you left behind
get yourself a powder charge
and seal that silver mine

Dave Kelly

Apr 13, 2009, 7:41:22 PM4/13/09

> One time I even recall getting a BJ under a blanket after the sun went
> down, during Throwin' Stones IIRC.
>
> Now tell me why I bother!!!

Wasn't that the year Bob's dog, Otis, got loose
in the crowd?....Looks like Otis found him a bone.
( dint ya think it was weird when ya wiped off his flea collar?)

Message has been deleted

Chunk

Apr 13, 2009, 9:16:56 PM4/13/09

"Dave Kelly" <swee...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> Would you pay to see the Stones without Keef?
> How about Crazy Horse with no Neil Young?...
> Hot Tuna without Jorma?....Crimson with no Fripp?
> I saw last nights setlist...looks great...except......
> Jerry Garcia isn't there. I dont give a goddamn how the
> rhythm section handled "Shakedown Street"
> Ya cant go back again, folks. Move the fuck on.
> Please.

Like a steak dinner without the steak? I like baked potatos and salads too.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

JimK

Apr 14, 2009, 12:16:40 AM4/14/09

I have no faith that this is true. It really doesn't sound like
something they would agree to.

JimK

JimK

Apr 14, 2009, 12:19:03 AM4/14/09

Rightly or wrongly, only you made you stop going to shows.

JimK

gwatts

Apr 14, 2009, 7:40:35 AM4/14/09

No, more like the 'Chinese' dish Happy Family with shrimp, chicken,
pork, beef, mushrooms, broccoli, water chestnuts, peppers, spicy sauce,
but no shrimp. It's still good without the shrimp, tastes different but
still satisfys, unless you want to make a big scene and ruin everyone
else's dinner. That's rude, if you don't like what the restaurant has
go somewhere else and let those who wish to eat, eat.

gwatts

Apr 14, 2009, 7:41:26 AM4/14/09
DG wrote:
> How about leftovers after 14 years?

From what I've heard they're actually playing and singing live and not
lip syncing to 14+ year-old recordings, so the answer to your question
is 'No'.

Message has been deleted

DGDevin

Apr 14, 2009, 12:52:23 PM4/14/09
happycat wrote:

> The Who should go by The Two. I have called them that for years, and
> Pete even makes the joke!

Yup, he's called the current band Who Two as well. And he's said it
straight out that nobody should think he and Roger imagine they are part of
the same band they were in thirty years ago, he says today it's a brand as
much as a band.

DGDevin

Apr 14, 2009, 12:55:47 PM4/14/09
gwatts wrote:

> That's rude, if you don't like what the
> restaurant has go somewhere else and let those who wish to eat, eat.

But some people get off on ruining the meal for others, they want everyone
else to be as miserable as they are.

gwatts

Apr 14, 2009, 1:08:56 PM4/14/09

That does seem to be the motivation behind all the 'anti-Dead' heads
these days, they can't stand that someone else still enjoys the music.

logan

Apr 14, 2009, 4:42:04 PM4/14/09
On Apr 13, 11:54 am, "Stu" <stusoc...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Oh, you mean Jerry Garcia, the heroin addicted, sleepy, lyric forgetting,
> pasty, nodding white guy who used to front the band? The guy when given a
> choice between the Band and his pipe, chose the pipe?
>
> As much as I love and loved Jerry, at the end it was pathetic...I refused to
> go to the '95 shows since I didn't want to get depressed. The '94 shows were
> bad enough.
>
> Get on with your life...ain't no time to hate...todays energy is much better
> and fresher. If you would like to "MOVE ON", what's to stop you? Ain't
> nobody pulling at your pants begging you to buy a ticket. Who is going back?
> The Band moves forward, I believe it is your personal expectations that are
> backward looking.   And hey, everyone who wants to stay home because ticket
> prices are too high or Jerry ain't there, God Bless Ya, means there will be
> better seats for those of us who still want to go.
>
> Move the fuck on? Yes they have. Penn State was smokin. These shows are
> gonna be a Phil Phest...and the drummers seem to be right in synch. Mr. Weir
> brings a new maturity and his band leading, while funny to watch, keeps
> these guys cookin along.
>
> For all you folks who doubt...listen to Penn State or the shows from
> 3/30...it's today's Dead for todays DeadHeads and I like what I hear. Spend
> a hundred bucks on a show, what's that one less eighth of an ounce of pot?
> Priorities people. A few less beers for a few more Weirs? (C'mon, that was
> good.)
>
> You will find me at the show in DC...poor but happy...and after the show,
> poor but ecstatic. Same as in Philly.
>
> There ain't nothin like a Dead show.
>
> Peace,
>
> Stu"Dave Kelly" <sweet...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> > Would you pay to see the Stones without Keef?
> > How about Crazy Horse with no Neil Young?...
> > Hot Tuna without Jorma?....Crimson with no Fripp?
> > I saw last nights setlist...looks great...except......
> > Jerry Garcia isn't there. I dont give a goddamn how the
> > rhythm section handled "Shakedown Street"
> > Ya cant go back again, folks. Move the fuck on.
> > Please.

a hundred bucks on a show, what's that one less eighth of an ounce of
pot?

if your paying that god i'll sell you lb's of green at $50 an 1/8

logan

Chunk

Apr 13, 2009, 9:55:58 PM4/13/09

"DG" <nos...@nospam.nospammmm> wrote in message
> How about leftovers after 14 years?

What will your lame ass be doing otherwise?

Chunk

Apr 14, 2009, 6:33:03 PM4/14/09

> gwatts <gwa...@frontiernet.net> wrote:
>>
>>DG wrote:

>>> How about leftovers after 14 years?

Leftovers, I don't think so. The menu just hasn't changed.

>> From what I've heard they're actually playing and singing live and not
>>lip syncing to 14+ year-old recordings, so the answer to your question
>>is 'No'.
>

> After listening to the other night, they might want to try lip
> syncing.
>
> You'd eat baked potatoes and salad that is 14 years old?

The G'boro and the Roseland show weren't any worse the few shows I went to
in 1995 or a few from the 80's. If you liked your steak torched, well done
from the fryolator....

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Kirk McElhearn

Apr 15, 2009, 4:18:23 AM4/15/09
On 2009-04-14 22:42:04 +0200, logan <loga...@gmail.com> said:

> a hundred bucks on a show, what's that one less eighth of an ounce of
> pot?

Pot costs more than $800 an ounce???? (Sorry, been 25 years since I
smoked, and I don't live in the US any more...)

Kirk
--
Read my blog, Kirkville
http://www.mcelhearn.com

Brad Greer

Apr 15, 2009, 7:08:21 AM4/15/09
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 20:34:50 -0400, The Lord of Eltingville
<tthomas@[REMOVE_TO_REPLY]ogre.net> wrote:

>Anybody who's meal gets ruined by what (s)he reads on usenet is too
>stupid to be eating in the first place.

Does this mean I have to give up eating?

gwatts

Apr 15, 2009, 9:02:02 AM4/15/09
The Lord of Eltingville wrote:
> Anybody who's meal gets ruined by what (s)he reads on usenet is too
> stupid to be eating in the first place.

Anybody who can't (or won't) follow an analogy for 3-4 postings is too
stupid (or snarky) to pay any more attention to.

Message has been deleted

hp

Apr 15, 2009, 10:07:54 AM4/15/09
I guess $10 an ounce was a long time ago.........(and that was in
Hawai'i).

Kirk McElhearn

Apr 15, 2009, 10:43:38 AM4/15/09
On 2009-04-15 16:07:54 +0200, hp <hanspe...@gmail.com> said:

> I guess $10 an ounce was a long time ago.........(and that was in
> Hawai'i).

Dunno, last price I remember, in the early 80s, was $30-50 an ounce.
Could the price have gone up sixteen-fold since then?

I recall that cocaine went for $100 a gram; I've read that the current
price is about the same...

Message has been deleted

3jane.

Apr 15, 2009, 12:55:44 PM4/15/09
On Apr 15, 10:43 am, Kirk McElhearn <kir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009-04-15 16:07:54 +0200, hp <hanspeterf...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > I guess $10 an ounce was a long time ago.........(and that was in
> > Hawai'i).
>
> Dunno, last price I remember, in the early 80s, was $30-50 an ounce.
> Could the price have gone up sixteen-fold since then?
>
> I recall that cocaine went for $100 a gram; I've read that the current
> price is about the same...

It can be obtained for much less than that.

Kirk McElhearn

Apr 15, 2009, 2:38:14 PM4/15/09
On 2009-04-15 18:55:44 +0200, "3jane." <q3j...@yahoo.com> said:

>> I recall that cocaine went for $100 a gram; I've read that the current
>> price is about the same...
>

> It can be obtained for much less than that.

Amazing... At least that's one thing whose price has gone down; and
that $100 was more than 25 years ago!

Chunk

Apr 15, 2009, 7:41:42 AM4/15/09

> Waiting for you to get Bin Laden.

It will never happen and I quit that job. I hope you can avoid those nasty
thumb twiddling injuries in the meantime.

jas...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2009, 11:28:58 PM4/15/09
On Apr 13, 7:35 pm, happycat <happy...@deadheadland.com> wrote:
> On Apr 13, 4:08 pm, "Dave Kelly" <sweet...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > "happycat" <happy...@deadheadland.com> wrote in message

> > > Still love the other guys, always have.
> > > And all the hippies under the tie dye sky...  it would be far weirder if
> > > they never played at all...
> > > happycat!
> > > deadheadland.com
>
> > it's punks like this that made me stop going to shows.
>
> Made you?  Damn people who like to be happy and joyful and enjoy what
> is now....
> glad you don't go, such a bummer when people go and complain.
>
> If all you got to live for
> is what you left behind
> get yourself a powder charge
> and seal that silver mine

OK. The thread is OFFICIALLY closed when the old guys start
discussing the cocksuckings they have gotten at various shows!

Ray

Apr 16, 2009, 12:29:22 AM4/16/09
On Apr 13, 3:06 pm, happycat <happy...@deadheadland.com> wrote:
> I think those that can't accept this and complain every time that Phil
> or Bobby do a Jerry song are the ones not movin' on.  It's like, if
> your dad died, and your mom never dated again out of respect for his
> memory... that ain't healthy.

He's right, you know.

> I am Grateful the boys are touring as The Dead.   May they do so for
> many more years.

Long may that freak flag fly.

Message has been deleted