Right-Wingnuts Creating Conservative Palin-Critic "Leper" List (NDC)

Ray

Nov 6, 2008, 1:53:29 PM11/6/08
Right-Wingnut site RedState.com announces their latest project - an
effort to silence conservative Palin critics via threats,
intimidation, and "war":

-----------------------------------
Operation Leper

Posted by: Erick Erickson

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 10:43PM CST

RedState is pleased to announce it is engaging in a special project:
Operation Leper.

We're tracking down all the people from the McCain campaign now
whispering smears against Governor Palin to Carl Cameron and others.
Michelle Malkin has the details.

We intend to constantly remind the base about these people, monitor
who they are working for, and, when 2012 rolls around, see which
candidates hire them. Naturally then, you'll see us go to war against
those candidates.

It is our expressed intention to make these few people political
lepers.

They'll just have to be stuck at CBS with Katie's failed ratings.

Initial list:

1. Nicolle Wallace
2. Steve Schmidt
3. Mark McKinnon

P.S. - .. We are rooting for Sarah Palin. Don't make us add you to our
list. Do you really want to be next to Kathleen Parker in the leper
colony?
-----------------------------------
http://www.redstate.com/diaries/erick/2008/nov/05/operation-leper/

Kathleen Parker is the conservative columnist who, after writing an
article critical of Palin during the campaign,

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDZiMDhjYTU1NmI5Y2MwZjg2MWNiMWMyYTUxZDkwNTE=

received tens of thousands of emails saying she wasn't a "true"
conservative, was a "traitor" to her country, that she should "die",
etc.

Parker, in response to the emails:
_______________________

My mail paints an ugly picture and a bleak future if we do not soon
correct ourselves.

The picture is this: Anyone who dares express an opinion that runs
counter to the party line will be silenced. That doesn't sound
American to me, but Stalin would approve.

Readers have every right to reject my opinion. But when we decide that
a person is a traitor and should die for having an opinion different
from one's own, we cross into territory that puts all freedoms at
risk. (I hear you, Dixie Chicks.)
_______________________
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/30/AR2008093002315.html

Stay classy, Right-wingnuts.

DGDevin

Nov 6, 2008, 3:26:16 PM11/6/08
Ray wrote:

> Right-Wingnut site RedState.com announces their latest project - an
> effort to silence conservative Palin critics via threats,
> intimidation, and "war":

Hmmm, this website turns out to be owned by the same company that published
Unfit For Command, they've published Jerome Corsi as well, what a surprise.

Ray

Nov 6, 2008, 5:01:29 PM11/6/08

Interesting - I didn't know that. Like you say though: what a
surprise.

Thank God groups like this one are now back on the fringes. (Knock on
wood...)

DGDevin

Nov 6, 2008, 6:33:20 PM11/6/08
Ray wrote:

>>> Right-Wingnut site RedState.com announces their latest project - an
>>> effort to silence conservative Palin critics via threats,
>>> intimidation, and "war":
>>
>> Hmmm, this website turns out to be owned by the same company that
>> published Unfit For Command, they've published Jerome Corsi as well,
>> what a surprise.
>
> Interesting - I didn't know that. Like you say though: what a
> surprise.

There's no honor among thieves, some of their own authors including Corsi
sued them, but didn't get anywhere with the case.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/07/books/07cons.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Oddly enough the guy who started the company published some books by
legitimate authors like Victor Gollancz and Wm F. Buckley, Jr. way back
when, but in recent years they've mostly confined themselves to the
far-right fringe.

> Thank God groups like this one are now back on the fringes. (Knock on
> wood...)

I hope so, but left or right there's always a market for this sort of swill,
that's never going to change.

Message has been deleted

Ray

Nov 6, 2008, 7:23:30 PM11/6/08
On Nov 6, 3:33 pm, "DGDevin" <dgde...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> >> Hmmm, this website turns out to be owned by the same company that
> >> published Unfit For Command, they've published Jerome Corsi as well,
> >> what a surprise.
>
> > Interesting - I didn't know that.  Like you say though: what a
> > surprise.
>
> There's no honor among thieves, some of their own authors including Corsi
> sued them, but didn't get anywhere with the case.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/07/books/07cons.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
>
> Oddly enough the guy who started the company published some books by
> legitimate authors like Victor Gollancz and Wm F. Buckley, Jr. way back
> when, but in recent years they've mostly confined themselves to the
> far-right fringe.

Sorta like the story of the GOP for past couple of decades or so.

> > Thank God groups like this one are now back on the fringes. (Knock on
> > wood...)
>
> I hope so, but left or right there's always a market for this sort of swill,
> that's never going to change.

Wingnuts are always there on both sides, for sure. For the GOP to
survive now though they need to keep their wingnuts in their cages,
which won't be easy to do since they've been running free for so long
now. It's gonna be interesting to watch what happens to the GOP now,
and what path(s) they take.

Message has been deleted

DGDevin

Nov 6, 2008, 8:11:36 PM11/6/08
Ray wrote:

> Wingnuts are always there on both sides, for sure. For the GOP to
> survive now though they need to keep their wingnuts in their cages,
> which won't be easy to do since they've been running free for so long
> now. It's gonna be interesting to watch what happens to the GOP now,
> and what path(s) they take.

Eight years in opposition will be good for them. At the very least they
need to double-lock those cages, better yet take them for a boat ride and
don't bring them back.

kpn...@yahoo.com

Nov 6, 2008, 11:50:11 PM11/6/08
On Nov 6, 1:53 pm, Ray <rayb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Right-Wingnut site RedState.com announces their latest project - an
> effort to silence conservative Palin critics via threats,
> intimidation, and "war":

What I find amusing about all of this is that the RWNWs view it though
their biased glasses. Perfect example is Rush today. "Sarah Palin is a
threat to the blue blood Rockefellers" and they are throwing her under
the bus because they were ineffective in getting McCain elected. Huh?
WTF? Palin was a liability and now has a chance to do more damage to
the Rep party. They are throwing her under the bus so she will have to
stay away. Yet Rush wants her more in the limelight because she is
energizing and inspirational! I think all of these guys just want to
bang her. Again, I don't get it.

Kurt

Avant Grape

Nov 6, 2008, 11:53:54 PM11/6/08

I love it. She's dividing the Republican Party like no one could: it's
the best gift a Democrat could ever have. Go ahead Rush - let's
purge the Republican Party of the 'traitors.' LOL

-JC

Ray

Nov 7, 2008, 12:14:56 AM11/7/08
On Nov 6, 8:53 pm, Avant Grape <avantnograpec...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

It's rather fascinating to watch: Since the rise of Limbaugh in the
80s, educated, non-wingnut Republican leaders have courted and
nurtured Limbaugh and his ilk and their Army of Idiots... Now, with
Palin as their queen bee, that same Army of Idiots appears to be
"going rogue" against the GOP establishment that nurtured them... talk
about harvesting wind.

volkfolk

Nov 7, 2008, 12:31:46 AM11/7/08
On Nov 6, 7:37 pm, band beyond description <02...@zoom.com> wrote:

> On 2008-11-07 09:23:30 +0900, Ray <rayb...@hotmail.com> said:
>
> > For the GOP to
> > survive now though they need to keep their wingnuts in their cages,
> > which won't be easy to do since they've been running free for so long
> > now.
>
> Yeah, what ARE we going to do about those kooks that have been mucking
> up the rmgd carpet for eight years?

I'm going to continue to laugh at them and tweak them when ever I get
the chance. Sunlight's the best disinfectant,

Scot

> Peace,
> Steve
> --
> "Life is the only thing worth living for."
> ~Will Shatter

JimK

Nov 7, 2008, 12:42:46 AM11/7/08
On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 21:14:56 -0800 (PST), Ray <ray...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

What's also amusing is that those leaders have always taken advantage
of the evangelicals and poor, uneducated working schmucks by
convincing them that it was somehow a good idea to vote against their
own interests. Now their party is being torn apart by the "Wasilla
Hillbilly." Poetic Justice.

JimK

Ken Fortenberry

Nov 7, 2008, 8:14:16 AM11/7/08
JimK wrote:

> Ray wrote:
>> It's rather fascinating to watch: Since the rise of Limbaugh in the
>> 80s, educated, non-wingnut Republican leaders have courted and
>> nurtured Limbaugh and his ilk and their Army of Idiots... Now, with
>> Palin as their queen bee, that same Army of Idiots appears to be
>> "going rogue" against the GOP establishment that nurtured them... talk
>> about harvesting wind.
>
> What's also amusing is that those leaders have always taken advantage
> of the evangelicals and poor, uneducated working schmucks by
> convincing them that it was somehow a good idea to vote against their
> own interests. Now their party is being torn apart by the "Wasilla
> Hillbilly." Poetic Justice.

The bible-thumping wing of the GOP doesn't have a chance against
the establishment country club GOP. Witness the trashing of Sarah
Palin. The GOP establishment is portraying her as a clown, a
buffoon and a vain, greedy, hillbilly. And what was her crime ?
Daring to have political ambitions of her own. That is *not*
allowed. The bible thumpers are supposed to do what they're told,
keep their mouths shut and vote Republican, stray off the reservation
and you're toast.

The thing about the thumpers though, they are way too stupid to ever
figure this out. There very well may be, as the Times says, a civil
war within the GOP but the thumpers are neither smart enough nor
vicious enough to win that war.

--
Ken Fortenberry

kpn...@yahoo.com

Nov 7, 2008, 9:06:09 AM11/7/08
On Nov 7, 8:14 am, Ken Fortenberry <kenfortenbe...@trashameritech.net>
wrote:

However, they are committed to their cause. Also, I disagree. Clearly
there are some in the party who see Palin as a risk. Yeah, the RWNWs
may see her as a solid candidate, but those on the inside know better;
that she is a liability. If she had the goods, I think the entire GOP
would be promoting her.

Kurt

Ray

Nov 7, 2008, 11:10:13 AM11/7/08
On Nov 7, 5:14 am, Ken Fortenberry <kenfortenbe...@trashameritech.net>
wrote:

> The thing about the thumpers though, they are way too stupid to ever
> figure this out. There very well may be, as the Times says, a civil
> war within the GOP but the thumpers are neither smart enough nor
> vicious enough to win that war.

It's not just the religious right "thumpers" though, it's also
Limbaugh, Hannity, and Co's Army of Idiots generation (some overlap
there, sure). It's them against the moderates and the economic
libertarians. I agree the latter group will win, of course - they are
far smarter and also have the money. But not, apparently right now
anyway, without a bloody fight first.

Over at John Cole's Balloon Juice blog (Cole used to be a pro-Bush
blogger, but as he put it one day the Kool Aid wore off), Cole has
this to say on the subject:

-----------------------------
This is not a cosmetic problem for the GOP. This is systemic.

That is what is so damned entertaining about the short-term circular
firing squad- it really symbolizes how deep in denial some of these
folks are....

I suspect we will get several more months of infighting over tactics
and appearances, and more purges of those who wish to engage in a
debate over the party’s direction. It isn’t just that many of the
folks leading the purge disagree with George Will and Peggy Noonan and
Daniel Larison and Sullivan and Ron Paul about the direction of the
future GOP- they want them destroyed for suggesting there needs to be
a debate. That is how dead the party is, and Henke is right. They need
some time in the wilderness, to figure out who they are and what they
believe in and why and how it will be better for the country.

Instead, I suspect we will see Palin pom poms and purity purges, which
is all the more humorous given the defections from prominent
conservatives to Obama, they are already whittled down to the true
believers. It would be funny if our nation’s current two-party system
did not require a competent opposition party.
-----------------------------
http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=13515

One of Cole's Balloon Juice co-bloggers comes up with a damn funny
video analogy, from a B-movie horror flick where some poor guy's right
hand goes rogue against the rest of him (worth watching for the humor,
IMO):

-----------------------------
Do not plan on the entertainment ending any time soon. Those still
defending Palin are the types who think the rest of the party’s
blinkers are not screwed on tight enough. They will not, can not,
admit that that they are wrong. The limb won’t heal, it will get
stinkier the longer it stays on there, but good luck with the
amputation. Politics is a boxing match.

[ video of hand going rogue ]
-----------------------------
http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=13526

Octopus Ride

Nov 7, 2008, 11:13:20 AM11/7/08

<kpn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

********************************************************************\

Limbaugh, Hannity etc. don't care all that much about seeing Republicans win
elections, they care far more about their ratings. The more their braindead
audience is angered, the more they listen. The hosts have to pump
something to fire up their listeners. Palin is their cause celebre of the
day. Their listeners love her, so the hosts love her, and the hosts will
pump her and the listeners will love her even more, lather rinse repeat.

Then in 4 years when she goes down in flames (or has already disappeared)
they can be angry about that and............so it goes.

OR

Ray

Nov 7, 2008, 11:17:17 AM11/7/08
On Nov 7, 8:13 am, "Octopus Ride" <davk...@sonic.net> wrote:
> Limbaugh, Hannity etc. don't care all that much about seeing Republicans win
> elections, they care far more about their ratings.

Yup. It's amazing how truly dumb their core audiences are - they get
suckered over and over and over, and yet they keep coming back for
more. And Limbaugh, Hannity etc. are laughing all the way to the
bank.

Edwin Hurwitz

Nov 7, 2008, 12:08:55 PM11/7/08
In article <IaXQk.5487$as4....@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com>,
Ken Fortenberry <kenfort...@trashameritech.net> wrote:

It's been explained to me that this is why Nixon suffered the
impeachment process and Bush didn't. Bush is old establishment
Republican and Nixon was an upstart. They didn't really care about him,
but they can't let HW's kid get in too much trouble.

Edwin
CF You Got Away With It-Todd Snider
--
If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your
enemies.

kpn...@yahoo.com

Nov 7, 2008, 12:56:57 PM11/7/08
On Nov 7, 11:10 am, Ray <rayb...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [ video of hand going rogue ]
> -----------------------------http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=13526

Ray, we are simply going to have to disagree here. The clip in
question is from Evil Dead 2. I overlooked this film for some time,
but finally caught it last year on cable. It has moved into my top 10
of all time. This movie is worth the hype. B movie? No, it is not even
A+. It is in a class of its own. Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2.... Wow!
Very highly recommended. Check it out.

Kurt

Ray

Nov 7, 2008, 1:13:33 PM11/7/08

That clip sure looks like B-movie material to me. NTTAWWT - when done
well (or really, really poorly) I like B movies.

Anyway on your rec Kurt I will check it out.

And the analogy of the Palinites being the rogue hand on the body of
the GOP - laughingly brilliant, IMO.

LP

Nov 7, 2008, 3:34:34 PM11/7/08
On Nov 7, 8:17 am, Ray <rayb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 7, 8:13 am, "Octopus Ride" <davk...@sonic.net> wrote:
>
> > Limbaugh, Hannity etc. don't care all that much about seeing Republicans
> > win elections, they care far more about their ratings.
>
> Yup. It's amazing how truly dumb their core audiences are - they get
> suckered over and over and over, and yet they keep coming back for
> more.  And Limbaugh, Hannity etc. are laughing all the way to the
> bank.

Limpbag was never more popular than he was during the 8 years Clinton
was POTUS. He had become increasingly irrelevant in these past 8
years of the shrub. He sounds angry now (considering that there has
just been a massive condemnation of all he has supported) but off-air
he must be popping extra pills in celebration of the anticipated
upswing he's about to get from his brain-dead bread & butter audience.

LP

kpn...@yahoo.com

Nov 7, 2008, 6:53:30 PM11/7/08
On Nov 7, 1:13 pm, Ray <rayb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 7, 9:56 am, kpnn...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > On Nov 7, 11:10 am, Ray <rayb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > [ video of hand going rogue ]
> > > -----------------------------http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=13526
>
> > Ray, we are simply going to have to disagree here. The clip in
> > question is from Evil Dead 2. I overlooked this film for some time,
> > but finally caught it last year on cable. It has moved into my top 10
> > of all time. This movie is worth the hype. B movie? No, it is not even
> > A+. It is in a class of its own. Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2.... Wow!
> > Very highly recommended. Check it out.
>
> That clip sure looks like B-movie material to me. NTTAWWT - when done
> well (or really, really poorly) I like B movies.
>
> Anyway on your rec Kurt I will check it out.

IMHO Evil Dead 2 is the better picture. Basically they are the exact
same movie, but 2 has a bigger budget. Some folks like the first
version. I like the second.

Kurt

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted