Xeno #69

1 view

Lee Gold

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
XENOFILKIA #69 (February, 2000) is now out. Here's the ToC:

Extraterrestrial Relays -- by H. Paul Shuch
The Teddy-Bears' Battle -- by Ken Hughes
Skin Another Tribble -- by David T. Okamura
Five Wise Fen -- by Harold Feld
Pismo Beach -- by Thomas G. Digby
Crackin' RSA -- by Terence Chua
Radioactive Tumbleweeds -- by Julia West
Security on a Starship -- by Janis Kelson
Unlikely Hero -- by Jim Rousey
Jar-Jar's Song -- by Patricia Mathews
The Filkers Dance -- by David Weingart
Lines -- by Bob Kanefsky
It's Legal in Fandom -- by Robert & Beth Cooke
Resurrection -- by Rennie Levine
Invasion Report -- by David T. Okamura
Skunk-Breeder's Daughter -- by Tom Holt
The Love Song of Lon Chaney, Jr. -- by David T. Okamura
Song of the Seneschal -- by Lew Wolkoff
The Final Pull -- by Daniel Reitman
Parody Tonight -- by Kevin Wald
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Fight On -- by Maddy Brener
Treks -- by I Abra Cinii
Flowering Buds -- by Gregory A. Baker
The Good Ship Manatee: The Real Story -- by Mark A. Mandel

The full Xeno indexes can be found at http://theStarport.com/xeno/
There's also a link there to the index for FILKER UP 1-5.

Xenofilkia is $1 per issue plus postage.
An issue weighs 3 ounces and postage (currently) runs 77 cents (inside
the US), 88 cents to Canada (printed matter) and $1.30 to elsewhere
(printed matter). Add five cents if you want it mailed as a flat in a
9x12 envelope instead of folded up in a #10 business envelope.

Feel free to send a lump sum (check, money order or straight cash -- I
can handle cash in most foreign currencies), or you can send a US$
traveler's check or US$ postal money order. Each issue, you'll find
your remaining balance noted on the envelope under my return address.
Balance refundable any time on request. Make the check/money order out
to "Lee Gold," NOT to Xenofilkia.

Contributors get that issue free and the next issue postage only. (This
is intended to create an addiction to contributing.) But I reserve the
right to pick and choose what songs I want on the basis of merit and
whim. And to request that certain songs be rewritten to a somewhat
higher standard of scansion and rhyme before they see print. And to fix
up punctuation and spelling.

All 69 issues of Xeno are still in print. It is my intention to keep
ALL issues of Xenofilkia in print permanently.

Deadline for Xeno #70 is February 29th, in the hope I can hand it out at
Consonance, the first weekend in March.

Also available:

FILKER UP #1-5,. each with 44 pages of filksongs: what I consider my
best songs and those by some friends that meet the same standard. $3
each -- plus postage. These songbooks weigh 5 ounces each, and are
cheapest mailed Book Rate: $1.13 (1 pound) for three of them, $1.48
for all five -- US. (Yeah, Book Rate is a lot cheaper than First
Class. All 63 Xenos by Book Rate in the US is less than $6.50
postage.)

Or you can get all five FILKER UPs for $12 plus postage for 2 pounds
($1.48 US Book Rate, for example).

FILKER UP #5 is rated as for MATURE audiences of all ages. and includes
Castle in the Air (about MUDs)
Dominatrix's Song (aka I Beat Bottoms) -- by Leslie Fish
Drill, Ye Lunatics, Drill (about Heinlein's THE MOON IS A HARSH
MISTRESS)
Hamlet by Disney
The Long Watch (about Heinlein's story of the same name)
Loot (about a Compulsive Obsessive Clutterer Dragon)
Lord of the Dance: rev 1:1 - by Lee Gold & Kay Shapero
the Abrahamic version)
Marching On ("Glory, glory -- kill the rabbit!")
Marquis De Sade - by Jan Kelson (PG)
Mil Specs
No Need to Pretend (about Miles Vorkosigan)
No More Need to Pray (about an Asimov character)
The Old Ones (Babylon 5 -- season 4 spoiler)
Our Lady of the Snows - by Roberta Rogow (a Darkover song)
Schindler's List
Starry, Starry Flag
Vorloupulous' Cooks (about an incident in Barrayarn History)

TOM DIGBY ALONG FANTASY WAY: over 50 pages of Digby's poetry and
songs, illustrations by Kaja Foglio, Phil Foglio, Teddy Harvia,
and Brad Foster. Published for the San Francisco Worldcon where
Tom was one of the Honored Guests. $5 including postage.

Make checks out to Lee Gold. Send them to:

Lee Gold
3965 Alla Road
Los Angeles, CA 90066
United States