April Phoenix Housfilk - Announcement

Mark Horning

Apr 4, 2010, 3:40:54 PM4/4/10
April Phoenix Filk Circle

Saturday, 24 April 2010
Mark and Jennifer Horning

The NEW house, not the old one.

18207 E. Cherry Hills Pl.
Queen Creek AZ. 85142
(480) 358-0904

Pot-luck dinner at 6:00, Filking at 6:30.
We will make either enchiladas or lasagna depending on how the mood
strikes us. As always there will be a vegetarian option for those who
don't eat meat or who don't mix meat and dairy products.

In an age of Google and Bing maps do we really need directions
anymore?

From most of the Phoenix Metro area, take the 101 south to the 202
(southern 202) east to Val Vista, south to Riggs. East to Valencia.
South to Cherry Hills. House is on the corner of Cherry Hills and
Valencia.

If coming from north Mesa, it probably better to take the 202 around
untill you get to Power, south on power to Riggs. West to Valencia,
etc.

From Tucson take the I-10 West (yes It's really going North) to the
202. East on the 202 to Val Vista, etc.

From Los Angeles take the I-10 East. Then take it some more, then a
bunch more. Stop somewhere and fill your gas tank with gas that costs
30 cents/gallon less than in CA. Then drive East till you get to
Phoenix. Then take the 202 East to the 101, 101 south to the 202,
then the 202 East to Val Vista etc.

NOTES:
1. Very Limited crash space - tentatively reserved for the Tucson
folks
2. There are two medium sized friendly dogs, who will be generally
banished to the outside. One cat who will most likely be hiding from
all the noisy people.
3. Pot Luck- bring munchies & drinks to share.
4. Smoking outside only

Mark E. Horning, Physicist
Queen Creek AZ.

Mark Horning

Apr 8, 2010, 12:31:49 AM4/8/10
On Apr 4, 12:40 pm, Mark Horning <mhorn...@eskimo.com> wrote:
> April Phoenix Filk Circle
>
> Saturday, 24 April 2010
> Mark and Jennifer Horning
>
> The NEW house, not the old one.
>
> 18207 E. Cherry Hills Pl.
> Queen Creek AZ. 85142
> (480) 358-0904
>

> From Tucson take the I-10 West (yes It's really going North) to the
> 202.  East on the 202 to Val Vista, etc.

I have been told that from Tucson it is more efficient to take the
I-10 to Riggs Rd directly, rather than up to the 202 and then back
down.

Mark

Leslie

Apr 9, 2010, 6:35:02 AM4/9/10
On Apr 4, 12:40 pm, Mark Horning <mhorn...@eskimo.com> wrote:
> April Phoenix Filk Circle
>
> Saturday, 24 April 2010
> Mark and Jennifer Horning
>
> The NEW house, not the old one.
>
> 18207 E. Cherry Hills Pl.
> Queen Creek AZ. 85142
> (480) 358-0904
>
> Pot-luck dinner at 6:00, Filking at 6:30.

I'm coming! I got a ride! ...For the potluck, can I just bring a
bottle of wine? My edress is lesli...@cox.net.

--Leslie <;)))><