WOT filk

lis...@yahoo.com

Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99
Hey, does anyone know where I can find any good WOT filk? Like so many
others, I am obsessed with the series, and would like to find some
filk based on the series.

Lee Gold

Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99

WOT = Wheel of Time, right? I can't immediately think of any filk
about it. I'm sorry.

--Lee

Dave Weingart

Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99
One day in Teletubbyland, lis...@yahoo.com said:
>Hey, does anyone know where I can find any good WOT filk? Like so many
>others, I am obsessed with the series, and would like to find some
>filk based on the series.

Just out of curiousity, WOT are you talking about? World of Tiers?
Women on Top? Whisky or Tanqueray?

--
73 de Dave Weingart KA2ESK Jar Jar Binks must die. Slowly.
mailto:phyd...@liii.com Painfully. Twice, if necessary.

Andrew Ross

Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99
In <3784ef05.5784774@news> lis...@yahoo.com writes:

>Hey, does anyone know where I can find any good WOT filk? Like so many
>others, I am obsessed with the series, and would like to find some
>filk based on the series.

A series, you say? For a second there, I thought you meant Wot Tyler.

"'Ere, King Richard! 'Ow about a fair shaik fur th' commons, wot-wot?"

Best,
Andrew Ross

Larry Kirby

Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99
In article <7m2unj$sfi$1...@cedar.liii.com>, phyd...@liii.com (Dave Weingart)
writes:

>Just out of curiousity, WOT are you talking about? World of Tiers?
>Women on Top? Whisky or Tanqueray?

Wiccans Of Texas? Wonders Of Tully? Witches Of Tallahassee? Wielders
of Tribbles? Sorry, no offense meant, We're Only Teasing.

Larry Kirby Bi-Polar...all the fun of MPD without the memory loss.

Mark A Mandel

Jul 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/9/99
Larry Kirby (landm...@aol.com) wrote:
: In article <7m2unj$sfi$1...@cedar.liii.com>, phyd...@liii.com (Dave Weingart)
: writes:

: >
: >Just out of curiousity, WOT are you talking about? World of Tiers?
: >Women on Top? Whisky or Tanqueray?

: Wiccans Of Texas? Wonders Of Tully? Witches Of Tallahassee? Wielders
: of Tribbles? Sorry, no offense meant, We're Only Teasing.

And the moral, for all and sundry (especially sundry... what they do to
those tomatoes, y'know), is: Don't use abbreviations outside the group
that knows them.

E.g., my beloved but non-filkish wife recognizes "Banned from Argo", but
has never heard of "BFA".

-- Mark A. Mandel
ConCertino '99 Program(med) Chair
July 9-11, 1999, Westborough, Mass.
http://www.lovesong.com/massfilc/concertino/
T minus 21:12 and couinting
(but not typing too well)

--
If you're reading this in a newsgroup: to reply by mail,
remove the obvious spam-blocker from my edress.

lis...@yahoo.com

Jul 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/9/99
Sorry. Yes, I meant the Wheel of Time series, by Robert Jordan

Christopher Jahn

Jul 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/9/99
(/lurker mode\SUSPEND)
Banshee posted a good one in alt.callahans a few months ago -
try a DejaNews search

Xjahn
The TheatrElf
(/lurker mode\RESUME)
--
TO REPLY: xjahn AT bellsouth DOT net
}:-) Christopher Jahn

"I could never tell a lie that anybody would doubt,
nor a truth that anybody would believe."
Mark Twain

Greg Baker

Jul 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/9/99
Unfortunately, can't make it to Concertino, but tonight I will be filking in
the performance filk at Shore Leave at the Hunt Valley Marriot in Hunt
Valley, Maryland - off I-83.

Greg Baker

Arthur Levesque

Jul 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/9/99
Greg Baker (bake...@maranatha.net) wrote:
GB>Unfortunately, can't make it to Concertino, but tonight I will be
GB>filking in the performance filk at Shore Leave at the Hunt Valley
GB>Marriot in Hunt Valley, Maryland - off I-83.

I'll be at Shore Leave tomorrow; don't know if I can make it tonight
--
/\ Arthur Levesque 2A4W <*> b...@boog.orgASM =/\= http://boog.org __
\B\ack King of the Potato People <fnord> "Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!" (oO)

Maureen O'Brien

Jul 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/10/99
If nobody ever replied to this...you can find Wheel of Time filk links
under Jordan at http://www.dnaco.net/~mobrien/filk/fantlink.html

Which, by the way, folks, was updated in June, so all the links are
clean. All the sf and fantasy pages are clean, too, though my fandom and
other smaller pages still need much cleaning and gradual updating.
And when I'll be able to index all of Kanef's stuff, only God knows....
But once again, I link to Darn Near All the Filk on the Web!

Maureen, who has these occasional spurts of industry

Matt Leger

Jul 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/12/99
Well, Greg and Arthur, tell us -- how was it?

Matt

----------------------- MATT G. LEGER -----------------------
Graphic Designer - Webmaster - Illustrator - Wordsmith
New York - Washington - New Orleans + members.aol.com/gooshie
Opinions expressed here are MINE! You can't have 'em!
Liberal Mac-using AOL member - You gotta problem widdat?!
------------------Remove SPAMSUX. to reply-------------------

Kay Shapero

Jul 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/12/99

On <Jul 08 23:07>, lis...@yahoo.com wrote to All:

l>Sorry. Yes, I meant the Wheel of Time series, by Robert Jordan

:-> Would you settle for an instafilk?

Oh dear, what can the matter be?
Jordan's series runs endlessly
Will this last for eternity
Or will he FINISH this tale?

<g,d,r... >
--

--
Filk Digest
(echomail and newsgroup readers disregard this as it doesn't apply to you)
|Gateway: Black Dragon Inn
|GateOp: ro...@bdragon.shore.net

Tom Holt

Jul 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/13/99
The message <52e_990...@bdragon.shore.net>
from kay.s...@bdragon.shore.net (Kay Shapero) contains these words:

> On <Jul 08 23:07>, lis...@yahoo.com wrote to All:

> l>Sorry. Yes, I meant the Wheel of Time series, by Robert Jordan

> :-> Would you settle for an instafilk?

> Oh dear, what can the matter be?
> Jordan's series runs endlessly
> Will this last for eternity
> Or will he FINISH this tale?

There's a wheel turning on cruddy ground;
Makes a bomb every time it goes round...

Greg Baker

Jul 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/13/99

Matt Leger <matt...@SPAMSUX.earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Well, Greg and Arthur, tell us -- how was it?
>
> Matt

Well, the concert was pretty good Friday. It was The Usual Suspects (now
that's the name for a filk band - dibs!): Roberta started off the set. Her
compositions, as usual, were good. She sang a mix of old and new media
filk, including her Mars song to the "Little Train that Could".

Next after Roberta was me. (Luck of the draw; I had asked for a later
performance.) My daughter, Jackie, accompanied me, serving me as my roadie
and helper, which I needed since I had both my banjo and my guitar.

My stuff and reactions:

Boonta Road - new one, I will post shortly - good: if I don't include media
material right off, MEGO (My Eyes Glaze Over) factor comes in. I played it
on banjo.

Kitty Downers - boy, you should have seen the look of the audience. They
didn't know whether to laugh or gasp. I played it on banjo and was grateful
I had the Chad Mitchell Trio retrospective album, as their guitar
arrangement of "Banks of Sicily" is very sweet.

Q.E.D. - I went back to banjo. Good laugh.

We're Sorry - on guitar, very good laughs, especially when daughter forgot
to flip page and I vamped for 30 seconds...

A song about William Riker shaving his beard - Good reaction. It was there
because I was low on media stuff.

I've Endured - We tried singing with Crystal, but we got the key wrong, but
we didn't rehearse it anyway.

After me came the Denebian Slime Devils (4/5 of the group) - they did a very
good show. As usual, "Windows Wonderland" drew the most laughs, as well as
"Back in the Capsule Again". The boom box malfunctioned briefly.

Crystal Paul - good material, good presentation, I remember singing an
X-file song (a movie/show that has never floated my boat), the Rocks of
Alderaan song, etc.

J.J. Cavaliero - oh, I can't remember her name correctly- and an assistant.
Beautiful two-part singing, but slash fiction has NO appeal to me. If Kirk
and Spock are gay, I suspect filking to Noel Coward's "Mad About the Boy"
would be more appropriate.

On the Mark - They were wasted from a long drive, and Mark had a cold, so
their performance seemed a little thin, but thin On the Mark is still good.
If only I didn't have to work that weekend.

For a while after the concert, I wandered in to play blues with Zaphod and
the Galactic Boogie Band. He's getting better as a blues player each year.

After the concert, the filksingers, per tradition, were locked out of the
Derby Room, despite the reservations, and we then played to 2:00 AM, when
daughter of mine started looking wiped.

d...@america.net

Jul 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/13/99
Greg Baker <bake...@maranatha.net> wrote:
:>Well, the concert was pretty good Friday. It was The Usual Suspects (now

:>that's the name for a filk band - dibs!): Roberta started off the set. Her

Too late. A group of us in Filkhaven chatroom already discussed that one
about 7-8 months ago. :)

Rob

--
Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / d...@america.net
The best original science-fiction and fantasy on the web:

"I have a very wide violence background. I'm a violence
professional, if you will." --F. Braun McAsh