Re: Derek Bailey RIP

Message has been deleted

Krispen Hartung

Dec 28, 2005, 3:45:05 AM12/28/05
It took some doing, but I used a search engine on a Barcellona news
website, which led me to this article in French:

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-3246,36-724902@51-725095,0.html

I used an online translator to get the text below:

"Bailey died out in London at the 75 years age, in the first hours of
December 25." Thus Martin Davidson, his principal producer, announced
by e-mail the death of the guitarist, who was reached of a
neuro-degenerative disease. The director of the Emanem label, which
published fifteen discs of his/her English friend, thus confirmed
information which circulated via forums Internet devoted to the jazz.
The amateurs cry "a father of the impromptu music" which, for
thirty-five years, had opened a radical way, at the borders of the jazz
and experimental music."

Krispen Hartung
in...@krispenhartung.com