Asking Questions on Deja

dyla...@my-deja.com

Feb 11, 2001, 1:48:57 PM2/11/01
What's up, my name is Chris and I am kinda new at rec.music.dylan. I'm
trying to learn all I can about this great man, Bob Dylan. I really
appreciate everyone that helps me out and doesn't ridicule me for
asking questions. There are some people on here though, that are real
ass-holes. Tom you are probably the biggest ass-hole I have seen on
here. You have made fun of me a number of times for wanting to learn.
Everyone thanks a lot I really appreciate it. Tom you can go fuck
yourself.

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

tom

Feb 11, 2001, 2:17:33 PM2/11/01

chris, a/k/a dylan420 wrote:

come on, chrissy, baby! you know who loves you. come on, tell me who
loves you. tell me. that's right. kojack loves you. relax there,
camper. make fun of you? when? yesterday? i simply said you were
funny. in my world, saying someone is funny is a compliment. i like your
questions. i really do. a number of times? now you're fibbing. i never
made fun of you or your questions a number of times. i love your
questions. i think it's wonderful, really really wonderful, that you want
to learn all you can about dylan. i recommend that you do your best to do
so. there are a number of books about him you could read if you would like
to learn more. by the way, johanna is bob's third cousin from bayonne, new
jersey. keep them questions coming, chris. and if i recall, didn't you
once email me and thank me for my advice about trading cdr's? how soon
your tune changes, mister chris.

O'B

Feb 11, 2001, 2:39:59 PM2/11/01
In article <966mqo$cov$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, <dyla...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> There are some people on here though, that are real
> ass-holes. Tom you are probably the biggest ass-hole I have seen on
> here. You have made fun of me a number of times for wanting to learn.

I dunno, all of my friends insult me regularly. They wouldn't be my
friends if they didn't. I don't consider them assholes. I just
consider them people who insult me on a regular basis.

Actually, I *do* consider them assholes, but not for that reason.

Actually, I do consider them assholes for that reason.

ah, well
John

--
John O'Brien
dylp...@ultranet.com http://www.ultranet.com/~dylpluck

"I can tell your future, just look what's in your hand" -R. Hunter

dyla...@my-deja.com

Feb 11, 2001, 2:54:08 PM2/11/01
Tom I think you are one of the smartest Dylan fans on here I love to
read what u write and to see your opinion on things but when I read
your comments I kinda took them sarcastically. I though you were kinda
calling me stupid. I apologize for being nasty I was just heated you
know, anyways no hard feeling right.

P.S. how do u know so much about bob????

tom

Feb 11, 2001, 3:12:53 PM2/11/01

chris "dylan420" (a 420, also known in police lingo as possession of
marijuana, is secret code used by pothead trolls to mean 'let's get stoned,
dude!' wrote):

come on, man. the jig was up with you a long time ago, you and your naive
on the surface questions, so you can come out from behind your dylan 420
persona and admit that you're really bob dylan himself just messing with
our heads. you can't fool me, brother. oh, and bob? please play copper
kettle this tour. thanks.

ramblin man

Feb 11, 2001, 3:46:44 PM2/11/01
Tom is Clinton Heylin.

juan

Feb 11, 2001, 6:57:23 PM2/11/01

"tom" <blin...@hotmail.com> opened his mouth and oh! look what fell out:

> come on, chrissy, baby! you know who loves you.
etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

yeah, tom's the man, he can read and write ever so well...

anne_...@my-deja.com

Feb 12, 2001, 10:59:10 AM2/12/01
to dyla...@my-deja.com
Well, Chris, the problem is that you're not trying very hard. You
post extremely basic questions without having made any visible attempt
to find out the answers yourself. Using a public library would be a
good start -- read a Dylan bio or two, look words/names up in reference
books -- as well as using search engines, the HWY61-L and deja
archives, and available websites before you post questions to the
group. If you really want to learn, you'll have do do lots of this for
yourself.
And don't make posts calling people who annoy you profane names.
It makes you look like a shithead.

Anne Thrax
Champion of Civility for the New Millennium

In article <966mqo$cov$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
dyla...@my-deja.com wrote:

Message has been deleted

juan

Feb 12, 2001, 1:04:01 PM2/12/01

<anne_...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> Well, Chris, the problem is that you're not trying very hard.
<snip>

> It makes you look like a shithead.
>
> Anne Thrax
> Champion of Civility for the New Millennium

Well, anne, the problem here is that you're being a shithead. Hell, yeah,
let's make rmd a club for a bunch of old bitter pseudointelectual bob dylan
fans, who, not only think themselves superior to any non-dylan fan, but,
yeah, why not, to anyone who knows any titchy bit less than them about bob.

And then one of them shouts out, 'any more stupid questions are an insult to
us'. 'Please don't post them'. And then the poor little unworthy bob dylan
fan who asked the ever so stupid question has to go fuck himself, right?

I don't give a toss about how much you know about His Bobness, just let
those who don't know as much ask their questions, whatever they may be.
Hell, live and let live! Just ignore them and let someone else answer their
question.

Anne Thrax

Feb 12, 2001, 3:31:30 PM2/12/01

What I actually posted was

And don't make posts calling people who annoy you profane names. It makes

you look like a shithead.

Which clearly has a different sensibility than your edit.

And Chris was posting questions like "What is VD?" and "Who was Jack
Kerouacks", day after day after day, then getting into flame-skirmishes with
some of our resident trolls. If she takes my advice, she'll learn more with
less effort and less irritation.

You really shouldn't impute insulting motives to those you disagree
with, either. Perhaps if you didn't kick off your heavy drinking before breakfast,
you could avoid the boozy hostilities.

"juan" <jl...@ukc.ac.uk> wrote:

><anne_...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
>> Well, Chris, the problem is that you're not trying very hard.
><snip>
>> It makes you look like a shithead.
>>
>> Anne Thrax
>> Champion of Civility for the New Millennium
>

>Well, anne, the problem here is that you're being a shithead. Hell, yeah,
>let's make rmd a club for a bunch of old bitter pseudointelectual bob dylan
>fans, who, not only think themselves superior to any non-dylan fan, but,
>yeah, why not, to anyone who knows any titchy bit less than them about bob.

http://www.zfree.co.nz

Brett Kornfeld

Feb 13, 2001, 11:46:40 PM2/13/01

> Anne Thrax
> Champion of Civility for the New Millennium

That's a hell of a title. Can I be the Woody Guthrie of 21st Century
New York? I can play a mean harp after all.

Brett

Brandon Zwagerman

Feb 14, 2001, 1:02:45 AM2/14/01

"Brett Kornfeld" <brettk...@msn.com> wrote in message

I wanna get in on this. Can I be the Voice of a Generation?

--
-Brandon

"I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now." -Bob Dylan, "My Back
Pages"

http://members.fortunecity.com/brandonzwa/

Brett Kornfeld

Feb 14, 2001, 2:00:54 AM2/14/01

Hey Voice,

This is a concept that is really worthy of its own thread. Care to post
the honors?

MMI NYC Woody

NP: Dust Bowl Refugee (Don't you dare ask who)
ND: Makers Mark (Don't you dare ask what)

"Brandon Zwagerman" <Bran...@NOegl.netSPAM> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

Brandon Zwagerman

Feb 14, 2001, 12:27:11 PM2/14/01
> Hey Voice,
>
> This is a concept that is really worthy of its own thread. Care to
post
> the honors?

That's okay, Woody, I am perfectly happy down here buried under this Deja
stuff... as the Voice of a Generation, I need to experience the foul
rag-and-bone shop of RMD being destroyed by madness with best minds of my
generation and all.

-The Voice of GeneratioNext